Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR - time to draw the lines? 12:47 - Nov 28 with 821 viewssaint901

I watched the Fulham v Wolves game yesterday and have considerable sympathy for Wolves who seem to be on the wrong end of many VAR errors.

I would have said that two of the three penalties should never have been given in real time or after VAR intervention. I would also have said that the Fulham lad who made to head butt the player should have walked.

I worry because if VAR survives another season or two, we're going to see it in the Champ (where I think we will still be) and the standard of refereeing in our division is already low to shocking. Allowing VAR to truly cock it up would not help.

I also think that VAR has strayed from its intentions - being to correct a clear and obvious error - and is now a tool being used to intimidate referees and create inconsistent and varied interpretations of the law.

Human refs make human errors - we know this.

Abandon VAR, go back to human refs only, stop with the super slow mo which makes everything look worse, introduce a capacity to cite players for simulation, dissent and time wasting post match.
VAR - time to draw the lines? on 13:13 - Nov 28 with 792 viewssledger

100% agree,use the world cup system for offsides and punish the cheating players hard and a lot of the var problems would disappear overnight,referees could then trust what there seeing,players are the problem.
VAR - time to draw the lines? on 13:38 - Nov 28 with 766 viewsNYC_Saint

Straight red for simulation in penalty area should make it much easier. All this "if he feels contact he has a right to go down" is nonsense.

I also agree with the head to the face comment above. The recipient just took it rather than diving to the ground and rolling around clutching his face. The commentators out here were saying it was a definite red if he'd gone to ground. What on earth does encouraging feigning injury do to the game?

I also like the idea of one non offside VAR challenge only for the manager (ie VAR only used for offside). If the manager correctly challenges he gets another, if the challenge is incorrectly then no more challenges for the rest of the game. That would put the onus on players to be honest and only signal to the manager if they know they were wrongly judged with a one fail and no more challenges rule...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024