Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football in Turkey 11:10 - Dec 12 with 1157 viewssaint901

Is suspended following an attack on a referee by the club president following a 97th minute equaliser for the away team.

Apparently the ref is on FIFA's top list and is well thought of.

This comes at a time when a number of incidents in Turkish football including violence at games, coaches carrying player attacked and suspensions of players, officials and others over corruption have all been in the news.

Presumably UEFA/FIFA will not allow non Turkish teams to play there until it is "safe".

Given the background above and the attitude in some places that football really is as Bill Shankley said "more important than life or death", this sort of event was perhaps inevitable.

Could it happen here?
Football in Turkey on 13:00 - Dec 12 with 1092 viewsPatfromPoole

That club president guy.

He's going to have to get sent down for that, is he not?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Football in Turkey on 13:04 - Dec 12 with 1088 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

President is in hospital suffering from cardiac problems apparently .. the ref has hung up his whistle after the attack .. if you see the pics as well as suffering a punch he was kicked in the head whilst on the ground.
Football in Turkey on 15:15 - Dec 12 with 1023 viewsChesham_Saint

And Erdogan has the cheek to say violence n Turkish football won’t be tolerated. Tell that to Leeds…

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Football in Turkey on 17:16 - Dec 12 with 978 viewssaint901

Absolutely different level but when I stopped playing (age 28) due to injury, I qualified as a Hants FA ref.

I chose to be available for Sunday League games in the mistaken belief that it would be less competitive and therefore less likely to develop into situations that an experienced player but novice ref could handle.

I lasted two and half seasons. I had to deal with abuse from spectators, managers, players and anybody else who happened to be passing. I sent off several players in those two and half seasons. Mainly for fouls and abusive language. Then two (from the same team) who were fighting each other.

Turns out these two were related and I was followed out of the car park and for about 10 miles. I deliberately drove away from where I lived. When I did get home, I called the FA and resigned as a ref with immediate effect.

We've all vented at refs and sometimes they do get things so wrong that you want to scream and shout. Do I think I ever want to punch one? No. Do I think some players even at Sunday league level would punch a ref? Yes.
Football in Turkey on 09:55 - Dec 20 with 789 views1885_SFC

If you don't like the VAR decision in Turkey, you can always just walk off the pitch...

https://soccernet.ng/2023/12/istanbulspor-president-halts-onuachu-and-trabzonspo

Old School is Cool

Football in Turkey on 10:11 - Dec 20 with 761 viewsdirk_doone

Pesronally, I prefer sage and onion. It's certainly a lot less chewy.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024