Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AFC Totton V Gosport Borough 08:52 - Jan 27 with 1602 viewsSaintNick

A Saints V Skates derby at the Snows Stadium this afternoon, should be a good one with both going for promotion.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

AFC Totton V Gosport Borough on 09:02 - Jan 27 with 1596 viewsSalisburySaint

I’m going to another local derby Salisbury v the mighty Sholing
AFC Totton V Gosport Borough on 09:25 - Jan 27 with 1566 viewsWints76

My eldest is going to Basingstoke v Winchester. All police leave must have been cancelled throughout the area today
AFC Totton V Gosport Borough on 09:27 - Jan 27 with 1564 viewsKent_Oscillator

Up until Christmas, Gosport were on fire, but since then have picked up some significant injuries. Id say if the game was being played last month Gosport wouldve been triumphant but i think Totton will probably edge this now...

...and you're right BTW - i think i am probably the only Saints fan who goes to Boro games, amongst a sea of filthy wannabe hoolie Skates! ;-)
AFC Totton V Gosport Borough on 09:43 - Jan 27 with 1546 viewsSalisburySaint

AFC Totton V Gosport Borough on 09:27 - Jan 27 by Kent_Oscillator

Up until Christmas, Gosport were on fire, but since then have picked up some significant injuries. Id say if the game was being played last month Gosport wouldve been triumphant but i think Totton will probably edge this now...

...and you're right BTW - i think i am probably the only Saints fan who goes to Boro games, amongst a sea of filthy wannabe hoolie Skates! ;-)

Salisbury were the same up until December, and suffered injuries to, but still in play off spot at momemt

I’ll be down at Gosport on Feb 17th, for Salisbury game, after driving back from Birmingham that morning where I’m watch Saints the night before ar West Brom

I’ll keep an eye out for you, been there a couple of times before and found Gosport fans ok and like the clubhouse
AFC Totton V Gosport Borough on 23:42 - Jan 27 with 1285 viewsSFC_Referee

AFC Totton V Gosport Borough on 09:02 - Jan 27 by SalisburySaint

I’m going to another local derby Salisbury v the mighty Sholing

Yeah just seen on social media as how highly Sholing rated the ref for that game! Still would’ve been interesting to see some replays of the decisions they felt went against them, as with what they’ve posted on social media I wouldn’t be surprised if they get in some trouble for it all

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

AFC Totton V Gosport Borough on 07:11 - Jan 28 with 1198 viewsSalisburySaint

AFC Totton V Gosport Borough on 23:42 - Jan 27 by SFC_Referee

Yeah just seen on social media as how highly Sholing rated the ref for that game! Still would’ve been interesting to see some replays of the decisions they felt went against them, as with what they’ve posted on social media I wouldn’t be surprised if they get in some trouble for it all

The tackle for the sending off was awful and justified a straight red card, but thought Sholing were badly treated by the ref on several other decisions where I thought they should have got free kicks

Salisbury were really good first half three nil up, but took their foot of the gas second half against ten men, and Sholing could easily have got a goal back.

Sholing supporters kept behind the team and were making more noise than Salisbury fans at the end, but a good win for Salisbury which keeps them second, but don’t think anyone will catch Chesham at the top, although Salisbury still have to play them twice.
AFC Totton V Gosport Borough on 12:34 - Jan 28 with 1063 viewsSFC_Referee

AFC Totton V Gosport Borough on 07:11 - Jan 28 by SalisburySaint

The tackle for the sending off was awful and justified a straight red card, but thought Sholing were badly treated by the ref on several other decisions where I thought they should have got free kicks

Salisbury were really good first half three nil up, but took their foot of the gas second half against ten men, and Sholing could easily have got a goal back.

Sholing supporters kept behind the team and were making more noise than Salisbury fans at the end, but a good win for Salisbury which keeps them second, but don’t think anyone will catch Chesham at the top, although Salisbury still have to play them twice.

What about the supposed red that Sholing thought Salisbury should’ve had for the last man DOGSO offence in the first half? And how close was the offside for your second goal as I know many thought there was an offside in that one.
But yeah well I know Sholing quite well and know they certainly like to have their side of the story stated, but even then this did seem a bit more than they’re usually complaints

AFC Totton V Gosport Borough on 19:12 - Jan 28 with 922 viewsSalisburySaint

AFC Totton V Gosport Borough on 12:34 - Jan 28 by SFC_Referee

What about the supposed red that Sholing thought Salisbury should’ve had for the last man DOGSO offence in the first half? And how close was the offside for your second goal as I know many thought there was an offside in that one.
But yeah well I know Sholing quite well and know they certainly like to have their side of the story stated, but even then this did seem a bit more than they’re usually complaints

I thought second goal was offside

The supposed last man was on the half way line, with covering defenders so no sending off, and not a vicious tackle

Here's the Sholing player send off which was an awful uncontrolled challenge.
https://salisburyfc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/lv_0_20240127222828.mp4
Login to get fewer ads

AFC Totton V Gosport Borough on 22:45 - Jan 28 with 788 viewsSalisburySaint

AFC Totton V Gosport Borough on 19:12 - Jan 28 by SalisburySaint

I thought second goal was offside

The supposed last man was on the half way line, with covering defenders so no sending off, and not a vicious tackle

Here's the Sholing player send off which was an awful uncontrolled challenge.
https://salisburyfc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/lv_0_20240127222828.mp4

After watching this video, I stand corrected, right back clearly plays him onside, well done assistant referee

Nb first goal an absolute cracker by the left back

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=285792220845814
AFC Totton V Gosport Borough on 00:21 - Jan 29 with 719 viewsSFC_Referee

AFC Totton V Gosport Borough on 22:45 - Jan 28 by SalisburySaint

After watching this video, I stand corrected, right back clearly plays him onside, well done assistant referee

Nb first goal an absolute cracker by the left back

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=285792220845814

Yeah well after seeing the replays of all the incidents again on the sholing page, I think the officials had a mixture of results for their decisions.
As the Salisbury lad was definitely onside, and there isn’t really any issues around their 3rd goal either so all goals were correct.
For incidents outside of that, the red he did give I think is a bit of a 50:50 so arguments can be made either way with it, although I do think the Salisbury lad should’ve also been sent off as after seeing the highlights again he was last man and it is a clear DOGSO, so how the ref only gave a cautioning I can’t understand.
And outside of that there certainly seems to be a lot of fouls sholing highlighted that weren’t given their way, including a penalty shout is yet another 50:50 with it being hard to tell from the camera angle.

So overall I can understand as to why sholing felt so hard done by in this game tbf

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024