Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alcaraz Set To Complete Loan Move To Italian Giant 08:45 - Jan 31 with 1495 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/61838/alcaraz-set-to-com

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Alcaraz Set To Complete Loan Move To Italian Giant on 10:42 - Jan 31 with 1328 viewsdirk_doone

He's on his way now:

[Post edited 31 Jan 11:04]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Alcaraz Set To Complete Loan Move To Italian Giant on 13:18 - Jan 31 with 1173 views1885_SFC

Eduardo Burgos told Tuttojuve:

“Juventus was one of the last teams to be interested in ‘Charly’. On Diario AS, yesterday morning, we talked about Nottingham Forest, basically, all that was missing to conclude the negotiation was the club’s offer.”

Adding: “Juve closed it in less than four hours. The only concern came from the Southampton management, who were not willing to let him go on loan. In the end, the purchase option for 45 million euros ended up convincing them.”

I would imagine RM is disappointed that Charly has gone... although Brooks arrival should make up for it.

Old School is Cool

Alcaraz Set To Complete Loan Move To Italian Giant on 15:14 - Jan 31 with 1082 viewsMattFinish

Behind Aribo, Smallbone, Mara, Rothwell etc in the pecking order at Saints but good enough for Juve and Argentina - very strange
Alcaraz Set To Complete Loan Move To Italian Giant on 17:18 - Jan 31 with 969 viewsA1079

Alcaraz Set To Complete Loan Move To Italian Giant on 15:14 - Jan 31 by MattFinish

Behind Aribo, Smallbone, Mara, Rothwell etc in the pecking order at Saints but good enough for Juve and Argentina - very strange

Talent should be embraced and not be seen as an obstacle - imagine if we had had that attitude with Matt Le Tissier (though Branfoot nearly did). I am not saying Alcaraz was the perfect article, he wasn't. But, he was one of very few players that seem to show something in the miserable season last year and he made it clear he wanted to stay and help us through the Championship. May be his temperament or whatever didn't suit the manager etc and for now his loss may not be as great but I cannot help thinking, we are letting a good one slip through our fingers here.

But, players come and go all the time and often it comes down to the money and the club moves on and right now we are in a good position, but it does make you wonder whether a Le Tissier type player now would ever be able to stay the course. There seems to be no place for that sort of talent any more.

In the meantime I wish Alcaraz well and look forward to seeing David Brooks playing, whom I do think is a good aquisition to the team.
Alcaraz Set To Complete Loan Move To Italian Giant on 18:09 - Jan 31 with 893 viewsMattFinish

Alcaraz Set To Complete Loan Move To Italian Giant on 17:18 - Jan 31 by A1079

Talent should be embraced and not be seen as an obstacle - imagine if we had had that attitude with Matt Le Tissier (though Branfoot nearly did). I am not saying Alcaraz was the perfect article, he wasn't. But, he was one of very few players that seem to show something in the miserable season last year and he made it clear he wanted to stay and help us through the Championship. May be his temperament or whatever didn't suit the manager etc and for now his loss may not be as great but I cannot help thinking, we are letting a good one slip through our fingers here.

But, players come and go all the time and often it comes down to the money and the club moves on and right now we are in a good position, but it does make you wonder whether a Le Tissier type player now would ever be able to stay the course. There seems to be no place for that sort of talent any more.

In the meantime I wish Alcaraz well and look forward to seeing David Brooks playing, whom I do think is a good aquisition to the team.

At least he's only on loan but I can't see his individual talent working in Russel's style of football, shame really
Yes Brooks looks good
Alcaraz Set To Complete Loan Move To Italian Giant on 12:25 - Feb 1 with 613 viewsGRIM

Alcaraz Set To Complete Loan Move To Italian Giant on 18:09 - Jan 31 by MattFinish

At least he's only on loan but I can't see his individual talent working in Russel's style of football, shame really
Yes Brooks looks good

Juve thought they were signing Carlos Alcarez the Tennis Player.
They are in for a bit of a shock.
Advantage Saints.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024