Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League table for the last 50 years 09:23 - Feb 15 with 7403 viewsfranniesTache

Interesting, Sky have put together a league table from the last 50 years of the game and have us at 11th in the list.

Weirdly given they're such a MASSSSIVE club and clearly the biggest, hugeest, most pashooonist club in the world the skates are 37th.

This surely can't be right given that would make them perennial lower league fodder and not the glaticos of the south coast that we are so often told they are?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13041555/sky-sports-ultimate-leagu
League table for the last 50 years on 09:54 - Feb 15 with 2776 viewsPatfromPoole

They’re only as high as 37th because of the years they broke all the rules with their crooks in the boardroom and in the manager seat.

Financial Fair Play was basically invented because of them.

I bet their average crowd over the last 50 years wouldn’t have them as high as 37th.

Where they are in the football pyramid now is a bit higher than their true rank, and they are over-achieving; they are a mid-table 3rd tier club at best.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

League table for the last 50 years on 10:19 - Feb 15 with 2732 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

looks like we have picked things up this century.

Are you still above us?

https://footballrates.com/table-thiscentury.html

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

League table for the last 50 years on 10:21 - Feb 15 with 2739 viewsPatfromPoole

League table for the last 50 years on 10:19 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

looks like we have picked things up this century.

Are you still above us?

https://footballrates.com/table-thiscentury.html

I refer you to my previous post on this thread.

League table for the last 50 years on 10:26 - Feb 15 with 2720 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 10:21 - Feb 15 by PatfromPoole

I refer you to my previous post on this thread.

But I don't understand how we can be around 30th in the win stakes. That seems better than thid tier to me.

I know actual facts carn be hard to digest in your town
[Post edited 15 Feb 10:27]

League table for the last 50 years on 10:45 - Feb 15 with 2691 viewsPatfromPoole

League table for the last 50 years on 10:26 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

But I don't understand how we can be around 30th in the win stakes. That seems better than thid tier to me.

I know actual facts carn be hard to digest in your town
[Post edited 15 Feb 10:27]

You are a third tier club, it is your natural level, having been there for the last 7 years.

The years when you were in the Prem were just a short blip, entirely the result of rule-breaking, such that the game now has to deal with Financial Fair Play, precisely because what your club did was Financial Clusterfcuk.

Before that, you were last in the top flight for one season in 1988.

Before that, it was the days of Churchill and Hitler.

League table for the last 50 years on 10:52 - Feb 15 with 2667 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 10:45 - Feb 15 by PatfromPoole

You are a third tier club, it is your natural level, having been there for the last 7 years.

The years when you were in the Prem were just a short blip, entirely the result of rule-breaking, such that the game now has to deal with Financial Fair Play, precisely because what your club did was Financial Clusterfcuk.

Before that, you were last in the top flight for one season in 1988.

Before that, it was the days of Churchill and Hitler.

It appears we win stuff at every level we appear.

Where is your club on this list?

https://www.myfootballfacts.com/england_footy/english-domestic/total-league-cham
[Post edited 15 Feb 10:58]

League table for the last 50 years on 10:59 - Feb 15 with 2667 viewsPatfromPoole

League table for the last 50 years on 10:52 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

https://www.myfootballfacts.com/england_footy/english-domestic/total-league-cham

I note your lack of response to the last set of facts you were presented with.

You follow the right club; they have a similar lack of respect for protocol and decency.

League table for the last 50 years on 11:01 - Feb 15 with 2662 viewsPatfromPoole

League table for the last 50 years on 10:52 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Your re-emergence on this forum seems to have coincided with Saints having had a bad result.

Hardly seen you on here for the last 4 months.

Strange, that....

Login to get fewer ads

League table for the last 50 years on 11:09 - Feb 15 with 2636 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 10:59 - Feb 15 by PatfromPoole

I note your lack of response to the last set of facts you were presented with.

You follow the right club; they have a similar lack of respect for protocol and decency.

The problem is, its the Soton methodology, ie always go back to around 50 years to big your club up.

This century is more relevant isn't it?

and of course , go back over 50 years and more, and Pompey win on most counts.

League table for the last 50 years on 11:38 - Feb 15 with 2600 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 11:09 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

The problem is, its the Soton methodology, ie always go back to around 50 years to big your club up.

Hi 130, you do really sky sports aren't southampton fans right?

I know the blue few dislike facts intently but you appear to be arguing with facts presented by a television company because you don't like what they say.

Would you not agree that that's fairly strange behaviour? Do you also shout at the sky when it's raining to tell it that it shouldn't be doing so because you didn't think it would today?
League table for the last 50 years on 11:41 - Feb 15 with 2589 viewsdirk_doone

You've upset,130, Frannie. He's going to be worrying about this all day.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

League table for the last 50 years on 11:43 - Feb 15 with 2571 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 11:38 - Feb 15 by franniesTache

Hi 130, you do really sky sports aren't southampton fans right?

I know the blue few dislike facts intently but you appear to be arguing with facts presented by a television company because you don't like what they say.

Would you not agree that that's fairly strange behaviour? Do you also shout at the sky when it's raining to tell it that it shouldn't be doing so because you didn't think it would today?

Hi,

Can you translate this sentence for me into something readable please?

"Hi 130, you do really sky sports aren't southampton fans right? "

League table for the last 50 years on 11:46 - Feb 15 with 2581 viewsdirk_doone

He's getting more and more upset. He'll be in a right state by the end of the day.

https://www.1sports1.com/the-biggest-club-in-each-english-county-named/

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

League table for the last 50 years on 11:48 - Feb 15 with 2573 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 11:43 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Hi,

Can you translate this sentence for me into something readable please?

"Hi 130, you do really sky sports aren't southampton fans right? "

Yeah sorry that's my surface dyslexia showing - it means i hear words in my head but often don't type them or say them.

It means you do realise that sky sports aren't southampton fans right?
League table for the last 50 years on 11:48 - Feb 15 with 2559 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 11:46 - Feb 15 by dirk_doone

He's getting more and more upset. He'll be in a right state by the end of the day.

https://www.1sports1.com/the-biggest-club-in-each-english-county-named/

Hi Dirk,

I think you are probably the most cuddliest and balanced person on this forum

League table for the last 50 years on 11:49 - Feb 15 with 2570 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 11:41 - Feb 15 by dirk_doone

You've upset,130, Frannie. He's going to be worrying about this all day.

Getting angry at statistics that you cannot argue against or change seems a really healthy use of a day
League table for the last 50 years on 11:49 - Feb 15 with 2568 viewsPatfromPoole

League table for the last 50 years on 11:09 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I think most normal people would tend to look at these things over their lifetime.

And I suspect the median age for this board would be somewhere in the 45-55 range.

I can only presume that you are a large number of years above the median, and if you haven’t yet had a congratulatory letter from King Charles, you should be expecting one soon. Congratulations.

League table for the last 50 years on 11:52 - Feb 15 with 2557 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 11:49 - Feb 15 by PatfromPoole

I think most normal people would tend to look at these things over their lifetime.

And I suspect the median age for this board would be somewhere in the 45-55 range.

I can only presume that you are a large number of years above the median, and if you haven’t yet had a congratulatory letter from King Charles, you should be expecting one soon. Congratulations.

let's give him the benefit of the doubt and go for the all time league table, the combined table of every division one and post premier league season ever played.

I'm sure he'll be more reasonable about that...

Oh, wait, well i guess those stats are wrong too.

https://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_table/eng-premier-league/
League table for the last 50 years on 11:55 - Feb 15 with 2541 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 11:48 - Feb 15 by franniesTache

Yeah sorry that's my surface dyslexia showing - it means i hear words in my head but often don't type them or say them.

It means you do realise that sky sports aren't southampton fans right?

The thing is, and this has been said before. Do you want to just pootle along not winning much, or actually win stuff now and again?

Pompey has been one of the worst run clubs in the country, and we all know this. yet, despite all this, we get behind the club and push it on and win stuff at the critical times. This is a fundamental difference between the two clubs.

To use your terminilogy : Soton fans need to get some proper pahion mush.

Maybe next year you could win the Championship, cos if you go up this year via the play-offs, you will be struggling again and will probably end up another yoyo club.

League table for the last 50 years on 11:56 - Feb 15 with 2552 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 11:55 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

The thing is, and this has been said before. Do you want to just pootle along not winning much, or actually win stuff now and again?

Pompey has been one of the worst run clubs in the country, and we all know this. yet, despite all this, we get behind the club and push it on and win stuff at the critical times. This is a fundamental difference between the two clubs.

To use your terminilogy : Soton fans need to get some proper pahion mush.

Maybe next year you could win the Championship, cos if you go up this year via the play-offs, you will be struggling again and will probably end up another yoyo club.

Hi again 130 you seem to be changing the point of the conversation here to avoid having to congratulate us on our very respectable league placing.

Perhaps you'd like to have another go at responding, one that doesn't change the topic of conversation

thank you in advance

FT
League table for the last 50 years on 11:57 - Feb 15 with 2538 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 11:52 - Feb 15 by franniesTache

let's give him the benefit of the doubt and go for the all time league table, the combined table of every division one and post premier league season ever played.

I'm sure he'll be more reasonable about that...

Oh, wait, well i guess those stats are wrong too.

https://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_table/eng-premier-league/

Are you boasting about being 27th?

League table for the last 50 years on 12:00 - Feb 15 with 2544 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 11:57 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Are you boasting about being 27th?

oh you little scamp you, deliberately missing the point. You really are very sweet aren't you
League table for the last 50 years on 12:01 - Feb 15 with 2527 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 12:00 - Feb 15 by franniesTache

oh you little scamp you, deliberately missing the point. You really are very sweet aren't you

I'm not missing the point, but the point you seem to be missing, is that you are bigging up the wrong criteria.

ie according to your ctiteria, Everton would be the most successful team in the country.

Are they?

League table for the last 50 years on 12:05 - Feb 15 with 2532 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 12:01 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I'm not missing the point, but the point you seem to be missing, is that you are bigging up the wrong criteria.

ie according to your ctiteria, Everton would be the most successful team in the country.

Are they?

ah yes "I" am using the wrong criteria by *checks notes* using league tables that *checks notes* third parties with no bias either way have created from *checks notes* statistical facts through history.

Yup it's definitely the facts that's wrong.
League table for the last 50 years on 12:07 - Feb 15 with 2512 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 12:05 - Feb 15 by franniesTache

ah yes "I" am using the wrong criteria by *checks notes* using league tables that *checks notes* third parties with no bias either way have created from *checks notes* statistical facts through history.

Yup it's definitely the facts that's wrong.

So, Everton are the most successful club in England?

Yes or No?
[Post edited 15 Feb 12:07]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024