Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mane having trials at Southampton 21:12 - Feb 19 with 3525 views49thseason

Didn't take them long to figure out we have another promising youngster did it ? No doubt we will end up with £20 quid and a length of drainpipe for the Main Stand....and it will be an excellent deal for him and us!

Mane having trials at Southampton on 07:43 - Feb 20 with 3192 viewsNorthernDale

That is why our youth is so important, it can provide an additional income, if it is run well.
Mane having trials at Southampton on 15:06 - Feb 20 with 2820 viewsSaxonDale

Mane having trials at Southampton on 07:43 - Feb 20 by NorthernDale

That is why our youth is so important, it can provide an additional income, if it is run well.

Agreed. If Mane was to go, then off the top of my head we've had players join Norwich, Brentford and Southampton from our Youth Academy within the last year. Nevett is as good a defender as I can remember us bringing through and others have looked decent in cameos with the first team. Either the academy has gone through a purple patch over the last 12 months or more likely, we are finally seeing the club geared towards developing them right up until the First Team.

For all (fair) criticisms of McNulty over the last few weeks, he's brought a clear pathway back from the Youth team to the First team. It is absolutely criminal that this was allowed to disappear under Stockdale and Bentley and even more criminal that we're in a position where it looks like this great asset is effectively being prepared to be removed completely.
Mane having trials at Southampton on 16:35 - Feb 20 with 2655 viewsmatthewdale1983

Mane having trials at Southampton on 15:06 - Feb 20 by SaxonDale

Agreed. If Mane was to go, then off the top of my head we've had players join Norwich, Brentford and Southampton from our Youth Academy within the last year. Nevett is as good a defender as I can remember us bringing through and others have looked decent in cameos with the first team. Either the academy has gone through a purple patch over the last 12 months or more likely, we are finally seeing the club geared towards developing them right up until the First Team.

For all (fair) criticisms of McNulty over the last few weeks, he's brought a clear pathway back from the Youth team to the First team. It is absolutely criminal that this was allowed to disappear under Stockdale and Bentley and even more criminal that we're in a position where it looks like this great asset is effectively being prepared to be removed completely.

Is it McNulty driving this or the fact he has no choice as we have no money to get players elsewhere…I would guess the latter. The only manager who really seemed to utilise the academy well was Hill and also got some good money for players.
Mane having trials at Southampton on 23:38 - Feb 20 with 2150 viewsShun

Mane having trials at Southampton on 15:06 - Feb 20 by SaxonDale

I’m a bit torn on your last paragraph, SD. Nevett’s proved a huge welcome surprise to me, but who else from the youth has McNulty played? Barring the odd bench appearance, the youth products haven’t featured at all this season. It’s especially strange when we spent a good amount of time with only Henderson fit in the first team, yet players like Bailey and Kelly were excelling for the youth team every week and weren’t considered.

Oscar Kelly, for instance, plays for Ireland U17s. His colleagues in that squad are at Championship clubs. Yet he hasn’t been given a sniff of a chance with us all season. Even more strange when we consider that he played fairly regularly in pre-season.
Mane having trials at Southampton on 13:28 - Feb 21 with 1844 viewsSaxonDale

Mane having trials at Southampton on 23:38 - Feb 20 by Shun

I’m a bit torn on your last paragraph, SD. Nevett’s proved a huge welcome surprise to me, but who else from the youth has McNulty played? Barring the odd bench appearance, the youth products haven’t featured at all this season. It’s especially strange when we spent a good amount of time with only Henderson fit in the first team, yet players like Bailey and Kelly were excelling for the youth team every week and weren’t considered.

Oscar Kelly, for instance, plays for Ireland U17s. His colleagues in that squad are at Championship clubs. Yet he hasn’t been given a sniff of a chance with us all season. Even more strange when we consider that he played fairly regularly in pre-season.

Good point, Shun. Being honest this all seems pretty irrelevant at the moment!
Mane having trials at Southampton on 15:43 - Feb 21 with 1645 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Mane having trials at Southampton on 13:28 - Feb 21 by SaxonDale

If only Saints make a "commitment" to do business with Dale, possibly in near future, we might get a bit of a bail out from the soft and smelly?
Mane having trials at Southampton on 16:26 - Feb 21 with 1556 viewsDuckegg

Mane having trials at Southampton on 15:43 - Feb 21 by Yorkshire_Dale

If only Saints make a "commitment" to do business with Dale, possibly in near future, we might get a bit of a bail out from the soft and smelly?

How about an update from the club about young Mane....

Hopefully they see enough in Mane in the next few weeks to make an offer, it would better if it was a cash deal rather than the add ons with a low amount offered..
Mane having trials at Southampton on 16:51 - Feb 21 with 1488 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Mane having trials at Southampton on 16:26 - Feb 21 by Duckegg

How about an update from the club about young Mane....

Hopefully they see enough in Mane in the next few weeks to make an offer, it would better if it was a cash deal rather than the add ons with a low amount offered..

Correct, Duck.......we need hard cash now and soon, trouble is can't these bigger Clubs just snaffle our family silver for f@ck all?

Just hope/pray the lad impresses.
Login to get fewer ads

Mane having trials at Southampton on 17:13 - Feb 21 with 1441 viewsNorthernDale

Apparently he impressed in his trial and if we get £150,000 that is money that will see us through to the end of the season.
Mane having trials at Southampton on 19:01 - Feb 21 with 1266 viewsShun

Mane having trials at Southampton on 13:28 - Feb 21 by SaxonDale

Absolutely. But in truth I enjoyed reading this thread as it’s a distraction from the horror!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024