Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today Is The Day.. 07:43 - Mar 7 with 6072 viewsdale1968

I hope that this time tommorrow we have some positive news about where our future as a club lies, and we can move forwords?
UTD

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Today Is The Day.. on 07:47 - Mar 7 with 4286 viewsDrigdale

Let's hope so. We certainly need some positive news and cheering up.
Today Is The Day.. on 09:51 - Mar 7 with 4025 viewsDaleyBrent

I really am fingers crossed for tonight, and cautiously(!!) optimistic.

To anyone considering voting against the resolutions, just remember these few things:

1. If you invested in Rochdale FC expecting to get your money back or make money, you did it for the wrong reasons.
2. If you vote against, you are voting against the current & all future generations of Rochdale fans, to whom this club means so much.

I consider it a very simple decision. The outcome for voting against has been CLEARLY outlined, and the outcome has been made ABUNDANTLY clear. So lets not be victims and be sat here tomorrow thinking 'if only we knew'.

I for one, will be doing the right thing tonight and voting 'Yes'.

Of course, this is unchartered territory for us all, and not one of us know how this will all turn out. Give the club a chance to come out of this o the other side.

Embrace the change, don't fear it.

Up the Dale!
Today Is The Day.. on 10:29 - Mar 7 with 3899 viewsDuckegg

After carefull consideration I have voted for...

I wonder if Dale could be a possible feeder club for the Dutch club...
Today Is The Day.. on 11:22 - Mar 7 with 3728 views49thseason

Today Is The Day.. on 10:29 - Mar 7 by Duckegg

After carefull consideration I have voted for...

I wonder if Dale could be a possible feeder club for the Dutch club...

Or vice versa? And what about becoming a European destination for budding US players?
From that well known journal The Two Rivers Times...
Arguably the ability to stream English Premier League (EPL) matches in the U.S. in recent years has also been influential. The EPL, the highest tier of English soccer, hosts many of the world’s oldest and most popular soccer clubs. In 2015 NBC-TV secured exclusive broadcasting rights to the EPL in the United States. In 2021, NBC announced that EPL matches would be simulcast on Peacock, its popular streaming service, making the viewing experience for American fans easier than ever. Now, a simple subscription provides unlimited access to EPL games for American fans, providing hours of real-time viewership every Saturday and Sunday morning match day.

Concurrently, Apple TV+’s wildly popular “Ted Lasso,” an American sports dramedy, brought the passion, fun and sensational spectacle of English soccer to Americans through a feel-good sitcom. Through actor Jason Sudeikis as the warmhearted stereotypically American football coach who knew next to nothing about soccer, U.S. viewers could enter the traditional-filled world of English soccer culture. “Ted Lasso” helped draw in those initially uninterested in the game, introducing it to millions of Americans in an easily digestible way.
Today Is The Day.. on 12:26 - Mar 7 with 3493 viewsDaleiLama

Today Is The Day.. on 11:22 - Mar 7 by 49thseason

Or vice versa? And what about becoming a European destination for budding US players?
From that well known journal The Two Rivers Times...
Arguably the ability to stream English Premier League (EPL) matches in the U.S. in recent years has also been influential. The EPL, the highest tier of English soccer, hosts many of the world’s oldest and most popular soccer clubs. In 2015 NBC-TV secured exclusive broadcasting rights to the EPL in the United States. In 2021, NBC announced that EPL matches would be simulcast on Peacock, its popular streaming service, making the viewing experience for American fans easier than ever. Now, a simple subscription provides unlimited access to EPL games for American fans, providing hours of real-time viewership every Saturday and Sunday morning match day.

Concurrently, Apple TV+’s wildly popular “Ted Lasso,” an American sports dramedy, brought the passion, fun and sensational spectacle of English soccer to Americans through a feel-good sitcom. Through actor Jason Sudeikis as the warmhearted stereotypically American football coach who knew next to nothing about soccer, U.S. viewers could enter the traditional-filled world of English soccer culture. “Ted Lasso” helped draw in those initially uninterested in the game, introducing it to millions of Americans in an easily digestible way.

There is no doubt "soccer" is becoming increasingly popular in the US. At grass roots level, the concussion issues which affect all contact sports are turning parents/kids off from playing American football and "soccer moms" now rule the roost. I obviously follow stuff in the Miami area because of the Dolphins, and Inter Miami have now got Suarez, Alba and Messi to choose from. One of the ex-Dolphins reporters who I follow on Twitter now has the incredible job title of Lionel Messi Reporter. To add further perspective, Messi has 500m Instagram followers (whatever that is). I know there are a lot of passionate Hispanic fans in S. Fla., but those are big numbers.

Whilst fans are supportive in the US, they really don't do the songs and atmosphere like we do and I think that is one of the things American's love about the game over here vs. over there. I hope the Oxford match and the atmosphere is a good one on Saturday to impress our guests.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Today Is The Day.. on 12:38 - Mar 7 with 3438 viewsWirralDale

Just watched piece on GB News about Rochdale AFC and they interviewed David Tully and Simon Gauge. Reiterated everything we know about the important business today. Tully and Gauge both hope the Council will help the club too.
Today Is The Day.. on 13:22 - Mar 7 with 3220 viewsturnthescrew

Today Is The Day.. on 12:38 - Mar 7 by WirralDale

Just watched piece on GB News about Rochdale AFC and they interviewed David Tully and Simon Gauge. Reiterated everything we know about the important business today. Tully and Gauge both hope the Council will help the club too.

Latest rumour is that Andy Burnham has made it clear that he will arrange for funds to be provided to ensure the club can continue to exist until suitable and appropriate investors can be found and a deal concluded. That begs the question as to why this liquidation deadline has been set. I don't remember that being mentioned, unless I missed it. RMBC have hardly rushed to the club's aid have they? All the publicity the club have had and the Council seemingly sat on their hands. Or at least that's how it appears. I'm sure SG said those avenues with RMBC had been explored previously. More confusion to add to the mystery.
Today Is The Day.. on 13:43 - Mar 7 with 3135 viewsrochedale

Today Is The Day.. on 13:22 - Mar 7 by turnthescrew

Latest rumour is that Andy Burnham has made it clear that he will arrange for funds to be provided to ensure the club can continue to exist until suitable and appropriate investors can be found and a deal concluded. That begs the question as to why this liquidation deadline has been set. I don't remember that being mentioned, unless I missed it. RMBC have hardly rushed to the club's aid have they? All the publicity the club have had and the Council seemingly sat on their hands. Or at least that's how it appears. I'm sure SG said those avenues with RMBC had been explored previously. More confusion to add to the mystery.

Heard the same

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Login to get fewer ads

Today Is The Day.. on 13:43 - Mar 7 with 3130 viewsChaffRAFC

Today Is The Day.. on 12:38 - Mar 7 by WirralDale

Is GB News still a thing?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Today Is The Day.. on 13:59 - Mar 7 with 3048 viewsDorkingDale

Yes Simon did say that the council didn't having enough funding to help quite recently.
Today Is The Day.. on 14:15 - Mar 7 with 2977 viewsDareToCalvin

Very nervous at the moment!

Just a quick question as I have not attended an EGM before; do I have to bring my share certificate as identification in order for me to vote, or any other form of ID? Not sure how they work.
Thanks
[Post edited 7 Mar 14:20]
Today Is The Day.. on 14:32 - Mar 7 with 2878 viewsD_Alien

Today Is The Day.. on 14:15 - Mar 7 by DareToCalvin

Very nervous at the moment!

Just a quick question as I have not attended an EGM before; do I have to bring my share certificate as identification in order for me to vote, or any other form of ID? Not sure how they work.
Thanks
[Post edited 7 Mar 14:20]

At the last EGM last July, there was a register to sign on entry, but voting on the resolution (to allow a director's loan against the ground) was by a show of hands

This time, it'll be a "poll vote" i.e. number of votes depending on number of shares held

I too would like some clarity on this. Given the 'problems' the club have had in contacting shareholders, i'm not sure how such a vote can be overseen, especially on the night itself

Yet this is what took place at the 2021 EGM

How does it work so quickly, and with sufficient oversight?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Today Is The Day.. on 14:48 - Mar 7 with 2800 viewsRodingdale

Today Is The Day.. on 14:32 - Mar 7 by D_Alien

At the last EGM last July, there was a register to sign on entry, but voting on the resolution (to allow a director's loan against the ground) was by a show of hands

This time, it'll be a "poll vote" i.e. number of votes depending on number of shares held

I too would like some clarity on this. Given the 'problems' the club have had in contacting shareholders, i'm not sure how such a vote can be overseen, especially on the night itself

If the vote is close, there’s a real potential problem with the process. I wonder how many other shareholders, like me have had no notification of the EGM from the club? My shareholding is nominal, so is my Dads who also hasn’t had formal notification. So our votes won’t really move the dial, but there’s the principle.

The clubs known about this for at least a couple of years, yet done nothing to resolve it.

Let’s hope it’s not close or I can see a risk of challenge.
Today Is The Day.. on 14:48 - Mar 7 with 2797 views49thseason

Today Is The Day.. on 14:32 - Mar 7 by D_Alien

Probably be a good idea to bring your certificate " just in case"...
Today Is The Day.. on 14:51 - Mar 7 with 2784 viewsrochedale

Today Is The Day.. on 14:48 - Mar 7 by 49thseason

Probably be a good idea to bring your certificate " just in case"...

There’s nothing on the email, you’d hope as long as you show your email with ID, the club can do the rest…

Today Is The Day.. on 15:11 - Mar 7 with 2701 viewsrochedale

Today Is The Day.. on 13:43 - Mar 7 by ChaffRAFC

Is GB News still a thing?

https://www.gbnews.com/news/dave-tully-save-rochdale-football-club

Today Is The Day.. on 15:13 - Mar 7 with 2686 viewssurb_dale

Is it 75% thats needed to pass the resolutions? Seem to remember reading that on here but cant remember for sure and the stuff sent to shareholders in the email doesnt say what is required to pass. If it is 75% then this is more likely to be achieved via a poll than show of hands i think as the directors own around 50%. Key will be the way the trust votes based on the their poll. Assume for the trust if more than 50% vote for a resolution then all the trust shares count.
Today Is The Day.. on 15:20 - Mar 7 with 2648 views100569

"Latest rumour is........." exactly that....rumour....no promises.
Today Is The Day.. on 15:28 - Mar 7 with 2596 viewsBrierls

I'll not be relying on the rumoured words of a politician with no affiliation to the club, for financial wiggle room. It goes without saying, it would be a welcome safety net.

I don't think the above changes the vote on the resolutions anyway. Unless something has changed, it appears we won't have a deal to agree (before/after the end of March) unless these resolutions are passed.
Today Is The Day.. on 15:41 - Mar 7 with 2502 views49thseason

Today Is The Day.. on 15:28 - Mar 7 by Brierls

I'll not be relying on the rumoured words of a politician with no affiliation to the club, for financial wiggle room. It goes without saying, it would be a welcome safety net.

I don't think the above changes the vote on the resolutions anyway. Unless something has changed, it appears we won't have a deal to agree (before/after the end of March) unless these resolutions are passed.

Political platitudes wont pay any bills, . If Burnham gets involved at all it will be after the club gets bought. The best thing politicians could do is support any new owners by helping to set up the land for the pitches that are needed for a training ground and related facilities. Maybe Labour have smelled the coffee boiling in Rochdale and woken up to the fact that a safe seat is now anything but safe. The £18m spent on the Town Hall is all very well but if the Football club goes west and Hornets with it, for the sake of a couple of million as a loan or mortgage, the fall out will be huge.
Today Is The Day.. on 15:46 - Mar 7 with 2464 viewsfermin

Is the EGM being streamed like the one in June 2021?
Today Is The Day.. on 15:50 - Mar 7 with 2438 viewsD_Alien

Today Is The Day.. on 15:13 - Mar 7 by surb_dale

Is it 75% thats needed to pass the resolutions? Seem to remember reading that on here but cant remember for sure and the stuff sent to shareholders in the email doesnt say what is required to pass. If it is 75% then this is more likely to be achieved via a poll than show of hands i think as the directors own around 50%. Key will be the way the trust votes based on the their poll. Assume for the trust if more than 50% vote for a resolution then all the trust shares count.

Re your last sentence:

This was a question posed a short while ago, whether a 50% +1 vote of Trust members for each resolution would mean the entire Trust shareholding being 'for' - or whether the pro rata voting result would contribute a pro rata number of shares towards each resolution

There's been discussions by the Trust i believe, but no update

No update on the outcome of the vote as yet either, although there's been changed votes to account for in a short timeframe

It'd be useful to know the finer details ahead of tonight's EGM

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Today Is The Day.. on 16:05 - Mar 7 with 2338 viewsSuddenLad

Today Is The Day.. on 15:28 - Mar 7 by Brierls

Interesting rumour is that one. It has nothing to do with Burnham's affiliation to our club. He is the elected Mayor of Greater Manchester and in that capacity he has the authority to do as the rumour suggests. He has previously publicly said that there would never be 'another Bury' if he had any say in it.

Maybe, just maybe, he is standing by his word with a sincere gesture to allow the club to continue to search for the best option available. As things stand, it appears from general conversation with others, that this deal is the 'best deal for the Directors' as opposed to the 'best deal for the club/shareholders'.

It's a torment really, because we all want the club to come through this period of uncertainty in a much better position financially and with a new strategy for the future, involving sustainability and increased revenue.

There's no doubt that the identified bidders are bona fide and have wide experience in their field, but lots of things have to happen before there is any certainty surrounding the future.

I hope that in the event of any unseen hiccoughs, other options/offers are still being carefully considered and if Mr. Burnham is true to his (rumoured) word, then liquidation can be avoided by his offer of provision of funds. Maybe we won't need it, but it does provide a lifeline should it be required.

A lot depends on tonight. Doubts still dance in the minds of many, but we must all remember that the club itself matters above EVERYTHING else.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Today Is The Day.. on 17:30 - Mar 7 with 1982 viewsDalenet

Today Is The Day.. on 16:05 - Mar 7 by SuddenLad

Interesting rumour is that one. It has nothing to do with Burnham's affiliation to our club. He is the elected Mayor of Greater Manchester and in that capacity he has the authority to do as the rumour suggests. He has previously publicly said that there would never be 'another Bury' if he had any say in it.

Maybe, just maybe, he is standing by his word with a sincere gesture to allow the club to continue to search for the best option available. As things stand, it appears from general conversation with others, that this deal is the 'best deal for the Directors' as opposed to the 'best deal for the club/shareholders'.

It's a torment really, because we all want the club to come through this period of uncertainty in a much better position financially and with a new strategy for the future, involving sustainability and increased revenue.

There's no doubt that the identified bidders are bona fide and have wide experience in their field, but lots of things have to happen before there is any certainty surrounding the future.

I hope that in the event of any unseen hiccoughs, other options/offers are still being carefully considered and if Mr. Burnham is true to his (rumoured) word, then liquidation can be avoided by his offer of provision of funds. Maybe we won't need it, but it does provide a lifeline should it be required.

A lot depends on tonight. Doubts still dance in the minds of many, but we must all remember that the club itself matters above EVERYTHING else.

I still don't get why people still think this is the 'best deal' for directors. SImon was clear at the forum that his shares, and the shares of the Board, will be treated like our shares. He won't get his mortin house share cash back. He will probably structure the deal to ensure he gets his unsecured loan back at some point, but he also said he would consider converting it to equity if that is what the buyer wanted. Lets be clear, the "best financial interests of the directors" would be to liquidate the club. That way they may get something back from the net proceeds from the ground sale etc. They have chosen a much more difficult route for them financially by suggesting a new share issue and sale.
Today Is The Day.. on 17:37 - Mar 7 with 1933 viewsrochedale

Today Is The Day.. on 17:30 - Mar 7 by Dalenet

I still don't get why people still think this is the 'best deal' for directors. SImon was clear at the forum that his shares, and the shares of the Board, will be treated like our shares. He won't get his mortin house share cash back. He will probably structure the deal to ensure he gets his unsecured loan back at some point, but he also said he would consider converting it to equity if that is what the buyer wanted. Lets be clear, the "best financial interests of the directors" would be to liquidate the club. That way they may get something back from the net proceeds from the ground sale etc. They have chosen a much more difficult route for them financially by suggesting a new share issue and sale.

We’ve known Simon Gauge 2 minutes. Would you trust someone you’ve known that long?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024