Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
do or die 11:36 - Mar 26 with 716 viewssaint22

So, this is it. I reckon 8 wins from 10 games gets us the auto spot
BUT that will only happen if ego boy RM picks his best 11 every game (bar injury)and adapts within each game and makes the rights subs at the right time
What is our best 11?

Baz
KWP
Jan
THB
Manning ??? or Bree/Stephens?
S Armstrong
Aribo
Downes
Brooks or Fraser
Adams
AA
do or die on 12:23 - Mar 26 with 665 viewsSaintNick

Personally I think it sometimes has to change for games, Ie I would probably play Manning against Boro but slot in Bree for the trip to Ipswich but for Friday I would go for.

Bazunu

KWP, THB, Bednarek, Manning

Downes, Smallbone, S Armstrong

Brooks Adams, A Armstrong,

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

do or die on 12:34 - Mar 26 with 648 viewsPatfromPoole

do or die on 12:23 - Mar 26 by SaintNick

Personally I think it sometimes has to change for games, Ie I would probably play Manning against Boro but slot in Bree for the trip to Ipswich but for Friday I would go for.

Bazunu

KWP, THB, Bednarek, Manning

Downes, Smallbone, S Armstrong

Brooks Adams, A Armstrong,

Can't see him starting Brooks on Friday after his Wales play-off game activity.

Would expect Edozie or Fast Kid to start instead.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

do or die on 12:51 - Mar 26 with 628 viewsSaintNick

do or die on 12:34 - Mar 26 by PatfromPoole

Brooks only played an hour of last weeks game against Finland and he has 3 days to recover after this one, it will be monitored to see how much time he plays, but if he say only plays another hour tonight, then 2 hours football in the last 3 weeks isnt a lot.

I would think he will play Brooks on Friday and perhaps Fraser on Monday.

More worried about Bednarek who played the full 90 minutes last week

This post has been edited by an administrator

do or die on 12:56 - Mar 26 with 613 viewssaintwizzler

do or die on 12:34 - Mar 26 by PatfromPoole

Adz ‘Arma’ Armstrong is also better on the right meaning Fast Kid or Edozie on the left.
This offers little protection to Manning so Stephens or Bree at Left Back.

Unfortunately playing one player out of position but the lack of an old school defensive left footed full back means needs must.

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

do or die on 13:06 - Mar 26 with 602 viewsSaintNick

do or die on 12:56 - Mar 26 by saintwizzler

Adz ‘Arma’ Armstrong is also better on the right meaning Fast Kid or Edozie on the left.
This offers little protection to Manning so Stephens or Bree at Left Back.

Unfortunately playing one player out of position but the lack of an old school defensive left footed full back means needs must.

WE MARCH ON

If Sulemana starts then Bree is a must behind him,

do or die on 14:31 - Mar 26 with 534 viewsPatfromPoole

do or die on 12:51 - Mar 26 by SaintNick

Brooks only played an hour of last weeks game against Finland and he has 3 days to recover after this one, it will be monitored to see how much time he plays, but if he say only plays another hour tonight, then 2 hours football in the last 3 weeks isnt a lot.

I’d expect Super Jack to start instead of Bednarek on Friday for the same reason as Brooks not starting.

It’s not just the on-pitch time; tonight is the biggest game Brooks and Bednarek will play until June (depending on who wins) and they may well not be attuned mentally to the more mundane task of playing against Middlesbrough.

do or die on 14:45 - Mar 26 with 511 views1ASIN12

97 points should be enough to get automatic , however of those 8 wins 3 would have to come against Ipswich , Leicester and Leeds I feel .

If we did get 97 poits or more would that be our highest ever points tally ( even allowing when wins were only 2 points)?
do or die on 14:55 - Mar 26 with 503 viewsPatfromPoole

do or die on 14:45 - Mar 26 by 1ASIN12

97 points should be enough to get automatic , however of those 8 wins 3 would have to come against Ipswich , Leicester and Leeds I feel .

If we did get 97 poits or more would that be our highest ever points tally ( even allowing when wins were only 2 points)?

I don’t think 97 points will be enough given what Leeds and Leicester have already.

It will take 100 points, I think.

9 wins and 1 slip-up might do it.

Login to get fewer ads

do or die on 15:54 - Mar 26 with 461 viewsSaintNick

do or die on 14:55 - Mar 26 by PatfromPoole

I don’t think 97 points will be enough given what Leeds and Leicester have already.

It will take a few points that is for sure, but if we win our two games in hand then we would only be 3 points behind Leeds .

This season has seen all the clubs at the top have dodgy periods, Leeds & Ipswich are going through good periods so perhaps due another dodgy one, we have a bigger squad we can cope better, but ultimately it is still in our own hands if we beat all three

do or die on 17:59 - Mar 26 with 402 viewssaintmark1976

I hope that I am completely wrong saint22 but I just can’t see us getting automatic promotion now.

We were very much in with a shout until the two consecutive home defeats against Hull and Millwall. Those two results have killed our chances unfortunately. The postponement of the Preston game hasn’t helped either.

If we are promoted it will be via the playoffs. Yes, it’s a lottery, but then again we have a better squad than any of the other teams currently in contention so there’s still every reason to be optimistic.
do or die on 19:14 - Mar 26 with 359 viewsPatfromPoole

do or die on 12:51 - Mar 26 by SaintNick

Brooks on the bench for Wales….

Kieffer Moore starts in his place.

Interesting to see how Bednarek does against him. Wonder if Wales are going to go direct and try and make the most of Moore’s height.

do or die on 19:52 - Mar 26 with 332 views1ASIN12

do or die on 14:55 - Mar 26 by PatfromPoole

Which is why I stated we have to win our games against Ipswich, Leicester and Leeds as that is the only way I can see us overtaking them.

We could also draw the other 2 games meaning we would have 99 points.

Very tough ask and like you said it’s hard to see where else the top 3 will drop points.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024