Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football commentators wind me up 11:28 - Apr 5 with 418 viewssaint901

Players do NOT "win" a foul or penalty - the opposition commit a foul.

Some commentators are reinforcing the falsehood that simulation (or as I would call it - cheating) is part of the game. Kids know this.

I watched an U15 match recently (my brother coaches them) and one of the opposition was constantly going over at the slightest touch. The ref spoke to him - nothing changed. The ref spoke to their manager at half time (stood next to us) - nothing changed. The ref eventually yellow carded him for diving - cue outrage and many swear words from their coach and supporters.

The lad who was diving had clearly been told/coached to do that and it must have been frustrating for his team mates as well my brother's team that he was like Bambi on ice.

I wonder where he learned that what he was doing was acceptable?

(My brother's team won 4-0).
Football commentators wind me up on 12:40 - Apr 5 with 372 viewsIfonly

I'm not a fan of VAR just because of how it's used. The technology is fine and if it was used with common sense it would be fine. That would mean using it for "clear and obvious errors" only, as it was first intended. Clear and obvious errors take just seconds to spot so the game wouldn't be disrupted. If the VAR officials can't see it within a few seconds, it's not clear and obvious by definition.

I say that because VAR has had one major benefit as I see it. There is far less cheating in the PL than there was before it was introduced. Back then you had players like Luis Suarez rolling around in agony the whole time despite not being touched. That has largely gone. The stupid way that the FA/Refs use VAR means that fans don't want it and that threatens to take us back to a time when cheating was common in the PL. Kids watch the PL more than anything else and I would hate for them to start seeing this kind of sh*t again.
Football commentators wind me up on 14:54 - Apr 5 with 317 viewssledger

ive said this before ban the cheats on a n upward curve of severity,owners would soon sort them out when there sidelined on there inflated wages,help the referees as well if the acting could be cut out
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024