Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The tale of two 24+ year olds 18:56 - Apr 7 with 1075 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cullen has been with the club for 13-14 years perhaps and is still struggling to be an automatic pick. In my opinion he will never be a Premier league footballer unless he starts improving now. People will kiss the badge and promote the idea he needs a new 3 year deal because he is "one of our own". This is not good enough in my opinion.

Is he any better than his ex Wales u21 team mate Swansea born Mark Harris. "Sparky" has dropped a league and now progressing. Cullen is not progressing at all as far as I can see.

Age LC 24 MH 25
Height LC 5'10" MH 6'
Position LC Striker MH Striker / winger
Nickname LC Kilgetty Messi MH Sparky
Games LC 126 MH 187
Goals LC 19 MH 29
Goals ratio LC 0.15 MH0.155
Goals 23/24 LC 6 MH 13
*Goal +/- LC -4 MH +10
Assists 23/24 LC 4 MH 4
Caps LC 1 MH 5

I think Harris is faster and more active in attacking areas and for me is probably a better all around player. Both are weak in the aerial duels . Harris seems to be be progressing at a lower level while Cullen has stagnated and not earned a new "lucrative" deal. A couple of thumping headers would have changed my perception.

Harris has been picked as a local lad but Watson should know many others with better all around games than Cullen.

Cullen could still be a star but he needs regular playing time to prove himself. A loan in league 1 or at Newport is where he should be able to score like Harris does. Cullen did very little at Lincoln but this could be related to playing style.

* compared to 22/23 season.
[Post edited 7 Apr 19:03]

Wise sage since Toshack era

The tale of two 24+ year olds on 19:49 - Apr 7 with 983 viewsonehunglow

Good post Res.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The tale of two 24+ year olds on 20:36 - Apr 7 with 936 viewsFlashberryjack

Cullen isn't a very good footballer, and that is being kind to him.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The tale of two 24+ year olds on 20:37 - Apr 7 with 933 viewsonehunglow

The tale of two 24+ year olds on 20:36 - Apr 7 by Flashberryjack

Cullen isn't a very good footballer, and that is being kind to him.

He loves the club and a lovely chap
I do too but I wouldn’t pick me

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The tale of two 24+ year olds on 20:54 - Apr 7 with 915 viewsbuilthjack

Cullen is a trier, at least he gives 100%.
But is basically a League 1 player.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The tale of two 24+ year olds on 21:08 - Apr 7 with 904 viewsAnotherJohn

Could lend him to Exeter in L1 next season, They need a striker and this might make it easier to agree on a settlement for Key.
The tale of two 24+ year olds on 21:59 - Apr 7 with 832 viewsjackrmee

The tale of two 24+ year olds on 21:08 - Apr 7 by AnotherJohn

Could lend him to Exeter in L1 next season, They need a striker and this might make it easier to agree on a settlement for Key.

I thought that’s out of both clubs hands now? Tribunal isn’t it?

As for Culls. Give him a new deal. He’s on pittance ffs. He’s decent as a cheap back up striker, who cares about the club more than his teammates

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The tale of two 24+ year olds on 22:40 - Apr 7 with 795 viewsReslovenSwan1

The tale of two 24+ year olds on 21:59 - Apr 7 by jackrmee

As for Culls. Give him a new deal. He’s on pittance ffs. He’s decent as a cheap back up striker, who cares about the club more than his teammates

He is going to want a significant pay rise. It is now or never time for him. Money is getting tight. There are better players out there for the money he wants.

The club are clearly not worried that much about him walking away. Neither he nor Olie Cooper have kicked on. This is as good as they will ever be I suspect.

The tale of two 24+ year olds on 07:05 - Apr 8 with 703 viewsWhiterockin

The tale of two 24+ year olds on 21:59 - Apr 7 by jackrmee

As for Key I have never known a tribunal take so long regarding a player, surely a League One team wants the money to survive.

As for Cullen and a new deal, there is a 12 month option but is it really fair to take up the option when it is 20% of what Yates is paid. He will go to another Championship club and at least treble his wages if it is not sorted.
Login to get fewer ads

The tale of two 24+ year olds on 08:38 - Apr 8 with 666 viewsjasper_T

The tale of two 24+ year olds on 07:05 - Apr 8 by Whiterockin

As for Key I have never known a tribunal take so long regarding a player, surely a League One team wants the money to survive.

As for Cullen and a new deal, there is a 12 month option but is it really fair to take up the option when it is 20% of what Yates is paid. He will go to another Championship club and at least treble his wages if it is not sorted.

Cooper and Cullen get a lot of unfair stick for not "kicking on" when as you say they're earning fractions of what other first team players are. Cullen's stock peaked as an u18s wonderkid and he's done well to become a Championship squad player after struggling with the physical steps up, and Cooper was never a hot prospect. They've both done well, better than expected when they were 20/21 year olds on the verge of leaving the club without fanfare, and it speaks to the standard of our recruitment that we've not got better options available.
The tale of two 24+ year olds on 09:44 - Apr 8 with 628 viewsWhiterockin

The tale of two 24+ year olds on 08:38 - Apr 8 by jasper_T

Cooper and Cullen get a lot of unfair stick for not "kicking on" when as you say they're earning fractions of what other first team players are. Cullen's stock peaked as an u18s wonderkid and he's done well to become a Championship squad player after struggling with the physical steps up, and Cooper was never a hot prospect. They've both done well, better than expected when they were 20/21 year olds on the verge of leaving the club without fanfare, and it speaks to the standard of our recruitment that we've not got better options available.

Well said, like with quite a few of our ex players some don't appreciate until they are gone.
The tale of two 24+ year olds on 13:56 - Apr 8 with 484 viewsReslovenSwan1

The tale of two 24+ year olds on 08:38 - Apr 8 by jasper_T

Cullen is the best forward ever produced by the CoE Academy and is struggling to build on what he did last year and is jot that great. There is something wrong with the philosophy of the club. It's as if they do not want strong tall forwards like Bony Graham. Defenders abound.

The tale of two 24+ year olds on 08:48 - Apr 9 with 321 viewsjackrmee

The tale of two 24+ year olds on 07:05 - Apr 8 by Whiterockin

No it’s not fair.
I think that’s why LW stated that Culls’ situation is a bit different from Wood. Cullen will obviously want a pay rise.
But the pittance he’s on, we can afford to triple it and he’d still be one of the lowest paid memebers of the first team squad.
Worth it for a squad player like him imo.

The Key thing, yeah, weird 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024