Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we complain too much? 12:00 - Apr 29 with 828 viewssaint901

Those of us who follow Saints at more than a casual level have this season been led to believe that promotion was something that the owners wanted (despite the fire sale at the start of the season), was something that RM was brought in to achieve (but we don't like his style of play), was something that with our squad and loanees, should have simply achieved.

None of the above have proven to be anything other than vague hopes and misplaced expectations.

The position of the owners is a mystery even now. Are we a feeder club or one with ambition?

The position of RM is more complex. We, the fans, do not like the way he plays but we are going to finish 3/4 in the table and therefore it works against most teams in this league. It does however seem to have left the players bereft of confidence at a crucial time and perhaps (who knows) he has lost the dressing room. I remain of the view that he is a 98% manager and when you need somebody to be 101%, he's not the man.

Our squad has always been short of at least three players and now, at the sharp end of the season, it shows. There are failings there which, promoted or not, need to be fixed.

The threads here have pointed out all of the above, time and again. We have not held back in our criticism of owners, manager, players.

We have therefore become a self fulfilling prophesy, predicting problems and frustrations and then revelling in them when they come true.

How many posters here? A couple of hundred tops?

How many season ticket holders? More than 30k at each of the last few home games?

We posters here are in a minority and whilst that may be balanced by the degree to which we "care" about the team and club, we will always be a minority.

Many relegated clubs, especially those who lose a lot of players, are mid table for at least a season. Arguably we have therefore exceeded expectation?
Do we complain too much? on 12:22 - Apr 29 with 777 viewsPatfromPoole

It brings me no pleasure at all to see the current situation.

I was gutted leaving the away end at Cardiff, Leicester and to a lesser extent Blackburn.

You can look on any of the forums which have more people posting than this (if you must look on the Facestalk groups, tread carefully), but the majority of people are saying much the same thing.

I personally don't think Brighton Buddha will change his methods; he seems pretty entrenched to me.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Do we complain too much? on 12:37 - Apr 29 with 768 viewsUTS1885

Some fans do indeed complain too much and thrive in doing so online.

Whilst im happy with our placing and form this season following on from previous, there is repeat issue regarding the defence and its tactical approach. This amazingly was also the problem with the previous longterm manager. When we where on the 'not losing run' even then i thought we lacked 2/3 players of quality that would see auto promotion.
[Post edited 29 Apr 16:33]
Do we complain too much? on 15:35 - Apr 29 with 672 viewsSFC_Referee

But most other relegated clubs loose so many of their key players and don’t get much investment, so can’t replace them. Yet we only lost a few, as most of our players were championship quality meaning that many didn’t go and didn’t need replacing.

And the squad we had, really we should be going up, which is why I think a majority on here do have a right to complain about this season and RM if we don’t go up. As if we don’t do it this season, next season will be just as hard, as yeah the 3 coming down won’t be as strong as the 3 relegated last season, but we’ll only get weaker. And after that it could be a while until we can get back up again, so that’s why I’d rather have someone other than RM in charge (like Cooper) for next season if we don’t win the playoffs, as it could be our last chance at promotion for quite some time.

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Do we complain too much? on 13:11 - Apr 30 with 446 viewsIfonly

I've been critical of RM all year, even while others were praising him, but I don't revel in the problems. I hate it. I find it all really f**king frustrating. Coming on here and moaning about it is partly just to get rid of the frustration. What we say on here makes absolutely no difference to anything or anyone except us.
Do we complain too much? on 13:32 - Apr 30 with 422 viewsButty101

Do we complain too much? on 15:35 - Apr 29 by SFC_Referee

But most other relegated clubs loose so many of their key players and don’t get much investment, so can’t replace them. Yet we only lost a few, as most of our players were championship quality meaning that many didn’t go and didn’t need replacing.

And the squad we had, really we should be going up, which is why I think a majority on here do have a right to complain about this season and RM if we don’t go up. As if we don’t do it this season, next season will be just as hard, as yeah the 3 coming down won’t be as strong as the 3 relegated last season, but we’ll only get weaker. And after that it could be a while until we can get back up again, so that’s why I’d rather have someone other than RM in charge (like Cooper) for next season if we don’t win the playoffs, as it could be our last chance at promotion for quite some time.

I cant believe Man U wanted Wilcox. No other championship side had our transfer budget, and it got spunked on 3 players that cant get in the team or still injured.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Do we complain too much? on 19:33 - Apr 30 with 347 viewsJellybaby

Thinking this is a rhetorical question, but yes of course we complain too much.

At the start of the season it was obvious to most that Leicester would storm this league and Leeds would be close behind - this was not rocket science and has proved true. That would leave Saints fighting it out for a play off position at best, which in fact we did rather comfortably.

Others - including our respected friend Pat from Poole predicted much worse - 17th in Pat's case if we use that as a measure we have over achieved.

What tends to happen is that expectations are driven up by a run of good form and then we feel let down when that form ends or becomes patchy, but the reality is that Saints have been good value for 4th position.

The gauge of success in most people's eyes depends on the last three matches. I tend to share the pessimism of most on here in thinking we will not have enough about us to make it, but am very happy to be proved wrong (and become cannon fodder for the Elite clubs next year). Either way, this season should be considered a good one, where we actually won a lot of matches and amassed a lot of points.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024