Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale have their eye on Flitcroft 10:53 - Jan 8 with 6914 viewsdalenumber2

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11713/7418011/Dale-eye-Flitcroft-return
Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 10:56 - Jan 8 with 3165 viewssweetcorn

the headline says it all, "flitcroft wanted back at deepdale". If this level of incompitancy was shown in any other trade they would be shown the door.

On a brighter note, i'd love nothing more than to see flicker back, with beechy as his assistant! He's the only manager i'd accept as the permanent manager without experience, simply because of what hes done at this club!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 10:58 - Jan 8 with 3127 viewssweetcorn

S*****T. also read the part under it, PHIL BROWN IS IN THE FRAME IF FLITCROFT FAILS. more reason to want you.

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 10:58 - Jan 8 with 3127 viewsSalwaDale

I really cannot see Hillcroft separating, things looking too positive at Barnsley.

I also cannot see Phil Brown being in the frame.

TBBT

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 10:59 - Jan 8 with 3112 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

He must not like it up Barnsley i dont him blame him their fans make Sheffield Wednesday look a good set Fans

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:01 - Jan 8 with 3086 viewswmgunit

Panic Panic Panic.

The way Dunphy has handled the post-Hill era would make Mike Ashley blush.
Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:03 - Jan 8 with 3070 viewssweetcorn

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:01 - Jan 8 by wmgunit

Panic Panic Panic.

The way Dunphy has handled the post-Hill era would make Mike Ashley blush.

I agree with you on this one. Dunphy has not potrayed himself well since losing Hilly, The silence during the slump, the rumoured phone sacking and now a panic appointment, although i'd take the appointment personally, if flitcroft is coming in, it needs to be soon so that he'll have time to manouvre in january, whilst there is still time.

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:06 - Jan 8 with 3057 viewsSuddenLad

If Peter Reid is in the frame, as the article suggests, the game's up.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:07 - Jan 8 with 3053 viewsjustanillusion

no way can i ever see the managerial duo of Hillcroft splitting up
Beechy & Kidd for me to stay in charge until the end of the season !
Login to get fewer ads

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:09 - Jan 8 with 3037 viewsrafc1984

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 10:58 - Jan 8 by SalwaDale

I really cannot see Hillcroft separating, things looking too positive at Barnsley.

I also cannot see Phil Brown being in the frame.

I think there is a chance of getting Flickers, as this has been ongoing for a couple of weeks now. I know HillCroft are doing very well at barnsley, but that commute particularly for Dave with his young family might tip the scales in our favour.
If he wants to be a number 1, he couldnt start at a better club, and IMO Hill should encourage him to come back to Dale, after the shambles that was left behind last summer.

More cofirmation of this on twitter
Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:10 - Jan 8 with 3026 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

I know its not as though its the other side of the world, but with Flickers home and family being in Bolton, plus his business, I wonder if the extra couple of hours travelling is impacting on his life to much? Its an arse of a trip to do each day.

He very understandably nearly gave up football after his Dad passed away, so I wonder if he has just thought, I'd like to give being a manager a go?

Would love it to be true.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:17 - Jan 8 with 2986 viewssandylaner1

if he wouldn't leave in the summer what makes people think he would leave now.

not a chance
Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:17 - Jan 8 with 2976 viewswmgunit

Wouldn't be surprised if we fail to get anyone in and have to stick with Beech, a manager who has now been completely undermined by the Chairman. At best Dunphy's indecisive, but its pretty incompetent way to conduct business:

1. He appoints Beech as caretaker and says he has to "make the position his own".

2. 3 Days later, before we've played a single game to allow Beech to prove himself, Dunphy announces its Beech's job until the end of the season

3. After 3 games Dunphy begins to search for another manager whilst Beech is still in charge.

Shoddy and disrespectful.
Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:18 - Jan 8 with 2972 viewsAtThePeake

This would be phenomenal.

Tangled up in blue.

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:23 - Jan 8 with 2939 viewsOooarr

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:17 - Jan 8 by wmgunit

Wouldn't be surprised if we fail to get anyone in and have to stick with Beech, a manager who has now been completely undermined by the Chairman. At best Dunphy's indecisive, but its pretty incompetent way to conduct business:

1. He appoints Beech as caretaker and says he has to "make the position his own".

2. 3 Days later, before we've played a single game to allow Beech to prove himself, Dunphy announces its Beech's job until the end of the season

3. After 3 games Dunphy begins to search for another manager whilst Beech is still in charge.

At what point did Dunphy come out and say that Beech has the job till the end of the season?
Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:25 - Jan 8 with 2925 viewsSalwaDale

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:23 - Jan 8 by Oooarr

At what point did Dunphy come out and say that Beech has the job till the end of the season?

Sky sports understands said that. I suspect it was as much a non-story as the approach for Flitcroft.

TBBT

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:30 - Jan 8 with 2879 viewswmgunit

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:25 - Jan 8 by SalwaDale

Sky sports understands said that. I suspect it was as much a non-story as the approach for Flitcroft.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11765/7393600/Dale-turn-to-Beech

"It was thought Beech would be a short-term appointment...But it is now understood the former midfielder has been installed at least until the summer."

I thought their was a direct quote from Dunphy on this too, but I cannot find it right now. If there isn't actually one then I take back what I said, to an extent. Still think it is being unprofessionally handled though.
Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:31 - Jan 8 with 2877 viewsrafc1984

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:17 - Jan 8 by wmgunit

Point 1 is called giving the bloke encouragement. Point 2 is hearsay, as I have not seen that in print anywhere. Point 3, maybe Dunphy thought yesterday was unacceptable, as it was as bad as anything seen under eyre this season. Bear in mind hartlepool had lost there last 9, and had only scored 7 goals at home all season. They were there for the taking.
Drastic times call for drastic measures, give Dunphy a break. At the end of the day he's Dale and will do what he thinks is right for the club.

Personally I think Flickers and Beech as his number 2 sounds exciting.
Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:33 - Jan 8 with 2850 viewsrochedale

I am sure CD said that it was Beechy's job to lose. 3 games, no wins and a crap display against a team who had lost their last 8 at home who we mustered up 1 shot on target against. Hard to say after 3 games, but CB aint 'winning' his position.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft (n/t) on 11:35 - Jan 8 with 2838 viewswmgunit

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:41 - Jan 8 with 2793 viewsColDale

the rumoured interest in Flicker is two weeks old now, and there were quotes back then backing that interest up. Knowing how close Flicker is still to be people at Spotland, I'd have to assume that if he didn't fancy it, he'd have told them outright two weeks ago.
Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:45 - Jan 8 with 2770 viewsSalwaDale

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:41 - Jan 8 by ColDale

the rumoured interest in Flicker is two weeks old now, and there were quotes back then backing that interest up. Knowing how close Flicker is still to be people at Spotland, I'd have to assume that if he didn't fancy it, he'd have told them outright two weeks ago.

Does that mean you believe there could be something in it birthday boy?

TBBT

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 12:25 - Jan 8 with 2669 viewsColDale

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:45 - Jan 8 by SalwaDale

Does that mean you believe there could be something in it birthday boy?

it may well be a SSN story they had pre-prepared in case we lost yesterday. Defeat meant no wins in 3, so SSN go with story favouring Flicker. Victory, they'd had a story pre-prepared saying Beech to be given the job. Who knows?

All I know is that this was a story that could have been put to bed a fortnight ago. And it hasn't.
Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 13:29 - Jan 8 with 2567 viewsDorsetDale

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 12:25 - Jan 8 by ColDale

it may well be a SSN story they had pre-prepared in case we lost yesterday. Defeat meant no wins in 3, so SSN go with story favouring Flicker. Victory, they'd had a story pre-prepared saying Beech to be given the job. Who knows?

All I know is that this was a story that could have been put to bed a fortnight ago. And it hasn't.

Just to add to that.
Why anyone gives any sort of credence to these kind of rumours is beyond belief. As Col infers, 99% of these stories would be more at home in a Lewis Carrol publication.
That's not to say there won't have been communication between the parties at some point.
Some of the comments about our chairman with regard to this have been nothing short of scandalous, and yes, I do mean scandalous!!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 15:25 - Jan 8 with 2478 viewselectricblue

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:07 - Jan 8 by justanillusion

no way can i ever see the managerial duo of Hillcroft splitting up
Beechy & Kidd for me to stay in charge until the end of the season !

Didnt Kidd state that if Beech gets the Job perminent that he himself would have to give it serious consideration as he as other things going on..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 15:33 - Jan 8 with 2446 viewswmgunit

Dale have their eye on Flitcroft on 11:31 - Jan 8 by rafc1984

Point 1 is called giving the bloke encouragement. Point 2 is hearsay, as I have not seen that in print anywhere. Point 3, maybe Dunphy thought yesterday was unacceptable, as it was as bad as anything seen under eyre this season. Bear in mind hartlepool had lost there last 9, and had only scored 7 goals at home all season. They were there for the taking.
Drastic times call for drastic measures, give Dunphy a break. At the end of the day he's Dale and will do what he thinks is right for the club.

Personally I think Flickers and Beech as his number 2 sounds exciting.

What other caretaker manager do you remember who has been allowed to sign one player on a 2 year deal, negotiate to bring in another player on a permanent deal and bring in 3 players on loan and terminate several loan deals?

To me that doesn't sound like a manager you only intend to keep in the position for a few games. Giving him the chance to make such transfer dealings suggests Dunphy initially intended to Beech until the end of the season. His actions imply that he was going to do, even if there is no direct quote of him saying so.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024