Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting XI under Coley 22:26 - Jan 25 with 4196 viewsofficialdale

What would everyone's team be for Saturday & his first game in? I would love to see a few things changed around, not because of certain players performances but simply because we haven't seen some of the talent in our squad given a real go. I'd like to see Tutte come in on Saturday and also Grimes partnering Bogdanovic. I personally think Ormerod would be utilised better off the bench with his experience. Hopefully Long will be signed in the next couple of days and eligible to play, so I'm curious to see what this lad can do, and wouldn't mind seeing him start alongside Holden.

With Beech I fully expected the same approach as Eyre. With Coley you get that something different. Who knows, they're could be some ins and outs by 3pm Saturday?!
Starting XI under Coley on 09:46 - Jan 27 with 1104 viewsSFD

i would play the following assuming Coleman sticks with his preferred formation

Lucas
Amankwah Long Holness Wids
Kennedy BBM
Tutte
Adams Bogoff JLAA

Subs
Jonah - to make impact in final half hour
Grmes
Holden
Ormerod
Edwards
Starting XI under Coley on 09:50 - Jan 27 with 1094 viewsD_Alien

Starting XI under Coley on 07:50 - Jan 27 by sweetcorn

"but the defensive performance at Forest Green wouldn't have looked out of place at the paralympics."

F**KING LOL. up there with any fifa forum quote. Quite right though, holness has been dreadful this year, I don't know why holness suddenly thinks he's become the re-incarnation of paul scholes and can play inch perfect long balls, which only end up at opposition feet, but thats what he thinks when he plays. you say he needs to play alongside a dominant defender, if hes not the type that dominates, then what is he? no disrespect, but he's not what i'd call a footballer.

Don't think Holness thinks he's a natural ball-player, it's just that under Hillcroft he wasn't allowed to do anything other than try and find a man

Don't we all remember the first few games in L1 when he got caught in possession so many times whilst dithering because he couldn't just boot it upfield? It cost us points too. He then improved by trying to simplify things a bit more with confident, steady players around him. They're gone now, and so has Holness's fragile confidence on the ball, which in turn has affected his ability to do the basic defensive things right - something he was actually brilliant at last season

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Starting XI under Coley on 09:53 - Jan 27 with 1087 viewspearlstreet1

Starting XI under Coley on 19:11 - Jan 26 by DaleAwaydayBot

Not forgetting Matty Edwards kept a couple of clean sheets

What Matty Edwards you must be having a laugh.
Starting XI under Coley on 09:54 - Jan 27 with 1085 viewsD_Alien

Starting XI under Coley on 09:53 - Jan 27 by pearlstreet1

What Matty Edwards you must be having a laugh.

I think you'll find that tazzy's factually correct - which makes you look a right idiot

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Starting XI under Coley on 10:39 - Jan 27 with 1047 viewsSaxonDale

Starting XI under Coley on 01:10 - Jan 27 by NotEyreClue

So because Holness had one good game in League 2 that completely negates the opinion that he could only play consistently play well alongside Dawson? Holness may have looked decent at times in League 2 but League 1 is a completely different kettle of fish. I also doubt that he looked 'fantastic every time he played alongside McCardle' but maybe I have a selective memory. I'm not a Holness 'hater' at all but I cringe everytime I see him in the starting line-up and I don't think my blood pressure or sanity will be able to stand another mistake from him.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10441~46810,00.html

One of the worst defensive performances I've ever seen - up there with Stockport away when Boardman and McArdle graced us with their presence. I realise this seems slightly contradictory, citing one performance and then judging a player based on this but the defensive performance at Forest Green wouldn't have looked out of place at the paralympics.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

The game against Bournemouth away was in League 1. And well it rubbishes the theorys that Holness can only do it with Dawson, as he was alongside Thompson (a very average League 1 defender.) He also played very well against Peterborough the game before Bournemouth, again where Dawson didn't really feature. I was the first to criticise Holness at the beginning of last season however, by the end of last season he was playing every bit as well as Dawson defensively wise. I can't really give many more examples of Holness playing well without Dawson as Dawson was virtually ever present last season. Also as for your first line it doesn't negate the opinion that he could only play CONSISTENTLY well alongside Dawson, rather that he can simply play well without Dawson. Something which many of this messageboard refuse to believe.
Starting XI under Coley on 10:44 - Jan 27 with 1033 viewsSFD

Starting XI under Coley on 10:39 - Jan 27 by SaxonDale

The game against Bournemouth away was in League 1. And well it rubbishes the theorys that Holness can only do it with Dawson, as he was alongside Thompson (a very average League 1 defender.) He also played very well against Peterborough the game before Bournemouth, again where Dawson didn't really feature. I was the first to criticise Holness at the beginning of last season however, by the end of last season he was playing every bit as well as Dawson defensively wise. I can't really give many more examples of Holness playing well without Dawson as Dawson was virtually ever present last season. Also as for your first line it doesn't negate the opinion that he could only play CONSISTENTLY well alongside Dawson, rather that he can simply play well without Dawson. Something which many of this messageboard refuse to believe.

Holness is the only other natural CH we have so lets play people in their natural positions after all we have hardly tried that this season.
Starting XI under Coley on 10:47 - Jan 27 with 1033 viewsSalwaDale

Too many unknowns to make much of a prediction - ie, will any of the loans be made a little longer but I'll put forward this selection

Lucas
Holden
Holness
Long
Jordan
Jones
Kennedy
Adams
Widdowson
Grimes
JLAA

Being honest, I don't really care what the starting team is. A fair amount of players need a kick up the backside and I'm sure some will get it.

TBBT

Starting XI under Coley on 11:08 - Jan 27 with 1004 viewsSFD

Starting XI under Coley on 10:47 - Jan 27 by SalwaDale

Too many unknowns to make much of a prediction - ie, will any of the loans be made a little longer but I'll put forward this selection

Lucas
Holden
Holness
Long
Jordan
Jones
Kennedy
Adams
Widdowson
Grimes
JLAA

Being honest, I don't really care what the starting team is. A fair amount of players need a kick up the backside and I'm sure some will get it.

not those two at full back they are crap at best
Login to get fewer ads

Starting XI under Coley on 11:35 - Jan 27 with 992 viewspl56

Starting XI under Coley on 10:44 - Jan 27 by SFD

Holness is the only other natural CH we have so lets play people in their natural positions after all we have hardly tried that this season.

Correct , the only thing I would differ with is that , in modern parlance , Holness is a natural "central defender" in my book , not a CH . What is crucial though is that any centre back partnership has to have two players who complement and balance each other , and can therefore read each others games . That is best done by having "natural" players in the right position .

I still maintain Holness has lost confidence through being asked to play a slightly unnatural role alongside others who , generally , have not been natural central defenders , and who are therefore unpredictable and difficult to read - arecipe for the disaster we have witnessed . Responsibility lies not with the players , but with the scattergun approach to recruitment , selection , and tactics of the managerial regimes .

The point about the number of keepers used , and the lack of confidence they have generated from the start is also a good one .
Starting XI under Coley on 14:38 - Jan 27 with 927 viewsNotEyreClue

Starting XI under Coley on 10:39 - Jan 27 by SaxonDale

League 1 sorry, same principle really (League 2 team) and to be fair, that was when they didn't have Pittman was it not? I honestly think Thompson was a fair defender, just that we didn't see much of him but any player can have a good game. It's of paramount importance that a defender plays well on a consistent basis because one mistake can cost the team a goal. Holness comes back in against Stevenage...1-0. I don't refuse to believe that a defender can't have a good game but the only time that Holness found a constant run of form was when he played with Dawson. For me he's had his chances and is too error prone to be a first team player.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Starting XI under Coley on 14:57 - Jan 27 with 899 views1907

Lucas

Kevin
Long
Jordan
Widdowson

Jones
Kennedy
Tutte

Adams

Ormerod
Akpro
Starting XI under Coley on 15:02 - Jan 27 with 887 viewsSaxonDale

Starting XI under Coley on 14:38 - Jan 27 by NotEyreClue

League 1 sorry, same principle really (League 2 team) and to be fair, that was when they didn't have Pittman was it not? I honestly think Thompson was a fair defender, just that we didn't see much of him but any player can have a good game. It's of paramount importance that a defender plays well on a consistent basis because one mistake can cost the team a goal. Holness comes back in against Stevenage...1-0. I don't refuse to believe that a defender can't have a good game but the only time that Holness found a constant run of form was when he played with Dawson. For me he's had his chances and is too error prone to be a first team player.

A Bournemouth side who scored the 5th highest amount of goals last season despite being without Pittman. We can't judge any player on this seasons form, least of all Holness who has been awfully man-managed throughout the course of the season. Can you name one player who has performed consistently well this season?
Starting XI under Coley on 15:02 - Jan 27 with 894 viewsnordenblue

Starting XI under Coley on 14:38 - Jan 27 by NotEyreClue

Funny how certain people have an opinion of he's decent but for a bad partner or a bad keeper behind him, he doesn't fit into any type of defender he's not a
no nonesense win everything in the air type and his distribution has got to be the worst witnessed for many a season, he seems to be at his best when he doesn't have a couple of choices or options to make and just head/wallop it clear, if the thought process occurs it's curtains, for me to justify he deserves his place he would need to string a run of decent performances together regardless of the keeper, back line etc and it's not happened surprisingly since the departure of Dawson, that's no coincedance
Starting XI under Coley on 15:06 - Jan 27 with 875 viewsSaxonDale

Starting XI under Coley on 15:02 - Jan 27 by nordenblue

Funny how certain people have an opinion of he's decent but for a bad partner or a bad keeper behind him, he doesn't fit into any type of defender he's not a
no nonesense win everything in the air type and his distribution has got to be the worst witnessed for many a season, he seems to be at his best when he doesn't have a couple of choices or options to make and just head/wallop it clear, if the thought process occurs it's curtains, for me to justify he deserves his place he would need to string a run of decent performances together regardless of the keeper, back line etc and it's not happened surprisingly since the departure of Dawson, that's no coincedance

Or since the departure of Hill (a good manager!) Managed well Holness will be back to his best I have no doubt. There's no better backs-to-the-wall defender than Holness at this club.
Starting XI under Coley on 15:37 - Jan 27 with 849 viewsRotherhamDale

Kurnucebcjcbd or whatever his name is

Darby, Long, Holness, Widdowson

Adams (Former club goal sydrome), Jones, Kennedy, Akapulko

Grimes, Bog.

Bench: Lucas, Jordan, Tutte, Ormerod, Some randomer

Bog needs to stop dropping so deep for the ball. Every time he picks it up he's around the half way line and even though he's good, he isn't going to score from there. Him and Grimes could score goals for fun in this league.

Long and Holness at centre half because it's going to be a scrappy game and Holness is the man to chuck himself in front of anything. Holden is rubbish.

Jones can't be dropped for a local derby.

Possession with progression.

Starting XI under Coley on 16:30 - Jan 27 with 823 viewsnordenblue

Starting XI under Coley on 15:06 - Jan 27 by SaxonDale

Or since the departure of Hill (a good manager!) Managed well Holness will be back to his best I have no doubt. There's no better backs-to-the-wall defender than Holness at this club.

That's not a compliment to the player just a sad indication of the calibre of several other players I'm afraid, I'd play Jordan and an other in the middle depending who's fit etc, for me bob would be behind Holden,Jordan,Kevin and that's without seeing this new lad Long play too at centre half!
Starting XI under Coley on 18:20 - Jan 27 with 779 viewsParryPussendale

Lukeeb
Darbeeb, Holneed, Amanqueeb, Widdowseeb
Akpeeb-Akpreeb, Tutteeb, Joneeb, Adeeb
Bogdanazeeb, Grimes.

You want fries with that?

Starting XI under Coley on 19:49 - Jan 27 with 732 viewsqlrken05

I think JC will start with Lucas , long , Amankwah , Darby , Holness , Jones , Kennedy , Adams , Grimes , Bogdanovic , & JLAA
UP the DALE

Come on Rochdale... Come on Rochdale

Starting XI under Coley on 20:26 - Jan 27 with 717 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

i expect our strongest 11 to Dominant Buckets tomorrow and there be 5 on the bench up and ready to score if needed if not them 5 can wait till february 2012 for the Reserve East Lancashire Derby in the Lancashire Senior Cup and earn us a place in The Quarter Finals against Blackpool at Bloomsfield Road

Time To Believe

Love The Dale

Crede Signo

John Colemans Blue & Black Army

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Starting XI under Coley on 20:58 - Jan 27 with 696 viewspedrodale

Starting XI under Coley on 15:37 - Jan 27 by RotherhamDale

Kurnucebcjcbd or whatever his name is

Darby, Long, Holness, Widdowson

Adams (Former club goal sydrome), Jones, Kennedy, Akapulko

Grimes, Bog.

Bench: Lucas, Jordan, Tutte, Ormerod, Some randomer

Bog needs to stop dropping so deep for the ball. Every time he picks it up he's around the half way line and even though he's good, he isn't going to score from there. Him and Grimes could score goals for fun in this league.

Long and Holness at centre half because it's going to be a scrappy game and Holness is the man to chuck himself in front of anything. Holden is rubbish.

Jones can't be dropped for a local derby.

Completely agree with this team RD think you've got it spot on.
Cant believe some people are still having a go at our own players Jones one week Adams the next now its Bobs turn ffs. As someone above said the whole team have been crap all season.
Need to stop this negativity now we have a real manager. Hope we can make some noise tomorow
Up the Dale
Starting XI under Coley on 21:24 - Jan 27 with 674 viewsDale_1907

Would love to see this...

Lucas

Amankwaah
Long
Jordan
Widdowson

Kennedy
Tutte
Adams

Grimes

Bogdanovic
Ormerod

Starting XI under Coley on 21:42 - Jan 27 with 655 viewsbilbobaggins

Starting XI under Coley on 21:24 - Jan 27 by Dale_1907

Would love to see this...

Lucas

Amankwaah
Long
Jordan
Widdowson

Kennedy
Tutte
Adams

Grimes

Bogdanovic
Ormerod

kurucz
darby amankwah long widdowson
kennedy tutte adams bogdanovic
ormerod thompson

this would be my line up
Starting XI under Coley on 23:51 - Jan 27 with 621 viewssweetcorn

Starting XI under Coley on 21:42 - Jan 27 by bilbobaggins

kurucz
darby amankwah long widdowson
kennedy tutte adams bogdanovic
ormerod thompson

this would be my line up

are you high on smack? or just have the same number of brain cells of a cabbaged downer.

If that team starts i'll walk out.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024