Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Hughes 22:21 - Feb 28 with 10807 viewsSuddenLad

Disgusts me on every level.. If it were possible to ban a player for 10 games, for a sppecific incident, tonight's incident was the example to use.

An utter disgrace. Anyone attempting to injure a fellowcprofessional like that should be ashamed, and so should his employer.

Of course, the County faithful may well see it differently, but only if they wear rose tinted spectacles.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Lee Hughes on 14:21 - Feb 29 with 1033 viewsSandyman

Lee Hughes on 14:15 - Feb 29 by Tied_in_Notts

No he hasn't spoken to them but Keith Curle spoke to the lino and was told it was for a "two-footed challenge", as he announced in his post-match interview last night, so stop being such an arrogant gobshite.

I don't know why you all care so much anyway, you'll never play against Lee Hughes ever again cos you're headed back to the division where you belong - it was even named after you before you somehow went up. And hopefully you'll never play us again either. So why don't you do what most football fans in Rochdale do - take the bus trip to Manchester every Saturday. So long.

Hughes will be down before us.
Any group of people who applaud a convicted killer, with a sexual assault charge hanging over him, after a sick challenge on a football pitch are a disgrace to humanity never mind football.

Lee Hughes on 14:26 - Feb 29 with 1030 viewsjudd

Do we really need lectures from someone whose club was taken in by Munto and all that they offered, the very same club that broke every financial rule in order to escape the self-named Rochdale Division, and the club that tried to pay Sol Campbell's wages with a cheque drawn on a bank that did not exist?

You haven't got half the class shown by your near neighbours. The once fine and proud club of Notts County is down there with Rangers, Portsmouth, Rotherham and the other fiscally disreputable dregs of the professional footballing world.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What is it to be then?

Lee Hughes on 14:36 - Feb 29 with 1023 views442Dale

No he hasn't spoken to them but Keith Curle spoke to the lino and was told it was for a "two-footed challenge", as he announced in his post-match interview last night, so stop being such an arrogant gobshite.

I don't know why you all care so much anyway, you'll never play against Lee Hughes ever again cos you're headed back to the division where you belong - it was even named after you before you somehow went up. And hopefully you'll never play us again either. So why don't you do what most football fans in Rochdale do - take the bus trip to Manchester every Saturday. So long.

Worst. Wind-up. Attempt. Ever.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Lee Hughes on 15:13 - Feb 29 with 992 viewsvisitingpie

Lee Hughes on 14:14 - Feb 29 by DorsetDale

Why would you "imagine most people would think that was a bit harsh"?

It's like saying one can be found guilty of assault for slapping someone across the face but because it's a lesser offence than murder, shouldn't be taken seriously.

As Judd says, most of the time your posts are well constructed. I think on this issue, you are way off.

If you slap someone across the face, you aren't accused of murder are you?!

I was not implying that men shouldn't keep their hands to themselves, my PERSONAL view is that calling a pat on the bum 'sexual assault' is wrong. I'm sure a lot of people will disagree, many of our fans do too.
Lee Hughes on 15:44 - Feb 29 with 964 viewsDorsetDale

Lee Hughes on 15:13 - Feb 29 by visitingpie

If you slap someone across the face, you aren't accused of murder are you?!

I was not implying that men shouldn't keep their hands to themselves, my PERSONAL view is that calling a pat on the bum 'sexual assault' is wrong. I'm sure a lot of people will disagree, many of our fans do too.

They are varying degrees of assault in the same way "a pat on the backside" and rape are differing degrees of sexual assault.

Presumably you think that because ones partner may not object to a smack on the bum neither should ones secretary. But would it be ok to act in the same manner with a female that happened to be your boss?

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Lee Hughes on 15:50 - Feb 29 with 941 viewsTVOS1907

Cheers for that well thought out reply.

Jimmy Sirrel must be proud of the likes of you.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lee Hughes on 19:40 - Feb 29 with 876 viewsvisitingpie

Lee Hughes on 15:44 - Feb 29 by DorsetDale

They are varying degrees of assault in the same way "a pat on the backside" and rape are differing degrees of sexual assault.

Presumably you think that because ones partner may not object to a smack on the bum neither should ones secretary. But would it be ok to act in the same manner with a female that happened to be your boss?

If you read what I actually wrote, I said that I am not for a moment saying men shouldn't keep their hands to themselves.

No, I don't think it's ok to pat one's secretary on the bum, or any woman for that matter. Having had it done to me by my boss in the past I know it's not what any woman wants.

Would I scream blue murder and report it to the police? No. In the first instance I'd speak up and make sure that the person was in no doubt that it was unwelcome. If it carries on you're into the realms of sexual harrassment.

I stress that this is my personal opinion and I am fully aware that perhaps the majority will disagree with me.

Lee Hughes on 20:02 - Feb 29 with 847 viewsjefferson1

Lee Hughes on 14:26 - Feb 29 by judd

Do we really need lectures from someone whose club was taken in by Munto and all that they offered, the very same club that broke every financial rule in order to escape the self-named Rochdale Division, and the club that tried to pay Sol Campbell's wages with a cheque drawn on a bank that did not exist?

You haven't got half the class shown by your near neighbours. The once fine and proud club of Notts County is down there with Rangers, Portsmouth, Rotherham and the other fiscally disreputable dregs of the professional footballing world.

Had to laugh at the irony of this post crowing about being lectured to!

We'll see just how much class Rushcliffe Rovers have when Doughtys will is published and when the 11 mill a year dries up.

Login to get fewer ads

Lee Hughes on 20:10 - Feb 29 with 833 viewsrochedale

I am astonished that his Wiki page hasn't been given the 'Keith Hill' treatment. Now that would be unfortunate

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Lee Hughes on 20:14 - Feb 29 with 830 viewsBartRowou

Lee Hughes on 20:02 - Feb 29 by jefferson1

Had to laugh at the irony of this post crowing about being lectured to!

We'll see just how much class Rushcliffe Rovers have when Doughtys will is published and when the 11 mill a year dries up.

Yes we will see won't we. However for the time being, Forest are re-adjusting to life without a multi-millionaire Forest fan behind them. It won't be an easy ride for them. That said, they'd never do something as bent and stupid as what your lot did.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Lee Hughes on 20:30 - Feb 29 with 814 viewsvisitingpie

Lee Hughes on 20:14 - Feb 29 by BartRowou

Yes we will see won't we. However for the time being, Forest are re-adjusting to life without a multi-millionaire Forest fan behind them. It won't be an easy ride for them. That said, they'd never do something as bent and stupid as what your lot did.

I honestly don't see that anyone would say anything different about the Munto affair. It was a shameful part of our history, but one we, as 'ordinary' fans had little control over after the trust board failed to do even the basic necessary checks.

As far as I'm concerned I'm just grateful that we now seem to be on an even footing financially. Trust me, I know how lucky we were.
Lee Hughes on 20:34 - Feb 29 with 809 viewssandylaner1

Lee Hughes on 14:26 - Feb 29 by judd

brilliant
Lee Hughes on 20:36 - Feb 29 with 807 viewsBartRowou

Lee Hughes on 20:30 - Feb 29 by visitingpie

I honestly don't see that anyone would say anything different about the Munto affair. It was a shameful part of our history, but one we, as 'ordinary' fans had little control over after the trust board failed to do even the basic necessary checks.

As far as I'm concerned I'm just grateful that we now seem to be on an even footing financially. Trust me, I know how lucky we were.

Can't argue with that, although you weren't exactly boycotting matches when it started looking dodgy and you were exactly rubbing it in our faces when you beat us 1-0 at Meadow Lane, so in that respect you did have some control over that part of your history.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Lee Hughes on 20:41 - Feb 29 with 802 viewsDoris

Lee Hughes on 20:36 - Feb 29 by BartRowou

Can't argue with that, although you weren't exactly boycotting matches when it started looking dodgy and you were exactly rubbing it in our faces when you beat us 1-0 at Meadow Lane, so in that respect you did have some control over that part of your history.

Why is it that most NC fans have this hatred against us ,even the buckets and the biffos seem to like the banter but this lot are on another planet,a bit like but worse than rovrumers.
Lee Hughes on 20:43 - Feb 29 with 797 viewsvisitingpie

Lee Hughes on 20:36 - Feb 29 by BartRowou

What would boycotting the matches do? Just put us deeper in the doo doo. And i can't think that you'd really expect any different from a football crowd in a match that could have decided the championship? Football fans are a totally fickle bunch for the most part.

By then we'd been taken over by Ray Trew and so were 'safe'. May have been a very different story or maybe there would have been no match at all had we not been.

Lee Hughes on 20:44 - Feb 29 with 793 views442Dale

Lee Hughes on 20:41 - Feb 29 by Doris

Why is it that most NC fans have this hatred against us ,even the buckets and the biffos seem to like the banter but this lot are on another planet,a bit like but worse than rovrumers.

Hill, Keith.

Lee Hughes on 20:51 - Feb 29 with 783 viewsDoris

Lee Hughes on 20:44 - Feb 29 by 442Dale

Hill, Keith.

They cant be that shallow can they ,oh wait
Barnsley next year watch out when they are promoted.
Lee Hughes on 20:54 - Feb 29 with 779 views442Dale

Lee Hughes on 20:43 - Feb 29 by visitingpie

What would boycotting the matches do? Just put us deeper in the doo doo. And i can't think that you'd really expect any different from a football crowd in a match that could have decided the championship? Football fans are a totally fickle bunch for the most part.

By then we'd been taken over by Ray Trew and so were 'safe'. May have been a very different story or maybe there would have been no match at all had we not been.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/notts_county/8530812.stm

Despite the debts mentioned in this article and the real risk of administration, why was Kasper Schmeichel not allowed to go out on loan as soon as the takeover was complete?

Lee Hughes on 20:58 - Feb 29 with 772 viewsvisitingpie

Lee Hughes on 20:44 - Feb 29 by 442Dale

Hill, Keith.

Lol yeah, Keith Hill (or Kieth Hill as that embarrassing banner said) is a bit of a pantomime villain for us. 'If we don't catch them the taxman will'. Bless him.

Hand on heart I don't hate Rochdale at all. Will be very sad if you go down. I hope this doesn't sound patronising because it truly isn't meant that way, but last season was immense for you and what you achieved on such a limited budget. It just goes to show what a good manager (yeah I nearly choked saying that) and team spirit can do.

I enjoy the banter too, even if you don't agree with me. It's what football is all about. For me at least.
Lee Hughes on 21:11 - Feb 29 with 758 viewsjefferson1

Lee Hughes on 20:41 - Feb 29 by Doris

Most Notts fans?

Don't flatter yourself pal. Maybe 6 posters tops twice a year when you have a go at Hughes.

Visitingpie has booked her ticket already.
Lee Hughes on 21:13 - Feb 29 with 757 viewsDoris

Lee Hughes on 21:11 - Feb 29 by jefferson1

Most Notts fans?

Don't flatter yourself pal. Maybe 6 posters tops twice a year when you have a go at Hughes.

Visitingpie has booked her ticket already.

I fookin hate people thinking i am your pal ,i am not you dickshit .
that is all
Lee Hughes on 21:26 - Feb 29 with 742 viewsDale_316

absolute vermin!

Oh when the dale go marching in

Lee Hughes on 22:48 - Feb 29 with 691 viewsvisitingpie

Lee Hughes on 20:54 - Feb 29 by 442Dale

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/notts_county/8530812.stm

Despite the debts mentioned in this article and the real risk of administration, why was Kasper Schmeichel not allowed to go out on loan as soon as the takeover was complete?

Easy answer to that question. Because our new owner was willing to fund his wages for the rest of the season which is what he was entitled to do.

How do you know a club would have come in for him at that late stage anyway?

If he'd been a striker, maybe, but goalkeepers aren't in such high demand
Lee Hughes on 23:04 - Feb 29 with 676 views442Dale

They had taken over nearly two weeks previously. The first task should have been to get the high wage earners out if administration was being considered, surely?

Something the Trembling regime should have done when the transfer window was open the previous month. Schmeichel is just an example of how many players were there, winning the club points, despite the club being unable to afford them. With no visible activity to offload those players.

No one is doubting Trew went on to save County and has backed the club very well, but any success that season will always be tainted.

Lee Hughes on 23:13 - Feb 29 with 667 viewsDoris

Lee Hughes on 22:48 - Feb 29 by visitingpie

Easy answer to that question. Because our new owner was willing to fund his wages for the rest of the season which is what he was entitled to do.

How do you know a club would have come in for him at that late stage anyway?

If he'd been a striker, maybe, but goalkeepers aren't in such high demand

Trying to make you out on NCM ,sometimes you talk like mrs T then next time Anonypie
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024