Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PC help 18:43 - May 14 with 2720 viewsolympicdale

im looking at buying a new pc, got around 500 budget, ideally a quad core processer and 4gb above ram, Dell and Acer are the two im looking at, also HP, can anyone help.

Thanks in advance

Life is a game of fate.

PC help on 18:53 - May 14 with 2713 viewsphomem

Try and save mOre pennies and get a mac
PC help on 19:12 - May 14 with 2697 viewsShun

Don't get a mac.

I won't recommend specific models but HP always impress me.
PC help on 19:28 - May 14 with 2674 viewsbilbobaggins

PC help on 19:12 - May 14 by Shun

Don't get a mac.

i would not touch a dell either
PC help on 19:46 - May 14 with 2666 views49thseason

You could give this lot a call, our techies at work swear by them - They mostly work with schools but I don't suppose they will turn down a credit card order .
http://www.stonegroup.co.uk
PC help on 20:09 - May 14 with 2645 viewsphomem

PC help on 19:12 - May 14 by Shun

Don't get a mac.

I'd never get a pc again, mac is god as far as computing for me. If I remember rightly Olympic you used to or still do photos, has to be a mac if so
PC help on 21:11 - May 14 with 2608 viewsRalphs12

I upgrade my computer fairly regularly and always use www.novatech.co.uk

Always a great service whether your spending £10 or £1000 they have people to ask any sales or tech questions.

In the past 5/6 years using these guys and only ever had one problematic component which they replaced and upgraded for free.
PC help on 21:27 - May 14 with 2592 viewscrazyhorse

PC help on 21:11 - May 14 by Ralphs12

I upgrade my computer fairly regularly and always use www.novatech.co.uk

Always a great service whether your spending £10 or £1000 they have people to ask any sales or tech questions.

In the past 5/6 years using these guys and only ever had one problematic component which they replaced and upgraded for free.

If your after a gaming PC, I found Aria, great and pretty local I went to pick my PC up from their warehouse near Citys ground. Got mine for about £540 its overclocked so it works faster and most of my games can be round with graphics maxed out.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Gaming+Range/
PC help on 21:47 - May 14 with 2574 viewsolympicdale

i play quite a bit of online gaming, and on photoshop too with my pics an stuff, I was looking at the dell inspiron, novatech looks good 'cept it doesnt come with windows 7 loaded.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

PC help on 19:51 - May 15 with 2458 viewsolympicdale

how do Arbico and Eclipse pcs rate?

Life is a game of fate.

PC help on 21:51 - May 15 with 2424 viewsashes

PC help on 19:51 - May 15 by olympicdale

how do Arbico and Eclipse pcs rate?

I also recomend Arbico
PC help on 03:27 - May 16 with 2397 viewsbilbobaggins

PC help on 21:51 - May 15 by ashes

I also recomend Arbico

do not go near an all in one unless you really really stuck for space and if you go for a laptop which ever make get a cooler fan for underneath to stop it over heating , if your a gamer a tower system is usually better as it is easier to upgrade .
laptops can sometimes have more ram put in them but it does not really make much of a change and as for covering it make sure your home contents have accidental cover in case you drop it and you excess is not more than the cost of yer laptop . so many people drop them and crack screens or break hinges of the bit were the power lead goes in they crack the board with use by leaving it plugged in all the time .
if a home use the laptop with the battery out otherwise you shorten the life of the battery having it on charge all the time and they not cheap to replace
PC help on 10:07 - May 16 with 2361 viewsgizmo

if u want to keep it local, you cant go wrong with Advancetec on Tweedale St.

http://www.advancetec.co.uk

ive built PC`s from there in the past, and u can haggle on prices too if youre buying complete system parts.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Don't miss the donut by looking through the hole.

PC help on 13:25 - May 16 with 2307 viewsRochblue

Is it a pre-built PC you need?
If you have a little knowledge on building them, check out Custom PC magazine for their suggestions on the best rig under £500 (easier and quicker than researching yourself) then try one of the sites listed above or try Scan in Bolton. My current PC was built from parts from Scan in Bolton - not sure how it compares to the other suggestions currently, but it was the cheapest at the time:
www.scan.co.uk.
Of course it also depends if you need extras such as operating system, monitor etc.
PC help on 22:29 - May 16 with 2254 views2bluehoops

The best thing to do is build your own,that way you know whats inside and you know what can be upgraded by what and when if needed.DO NOT TOUCH A PRE BUILT ONE,9 times out of ten they will grind to a stutter and there is no way of upgrading.The last one i built was around 4 yr ago and it still runs everything today.As mentioned earlier and i've used them myself,Novatec are pretty good for comonents or you could try overclockers.co.uk.
Decide what you want to do on it and study each component and pay the best your budget will allow and you wont go far wrong.
PC help on 22:39 - May 16 with 2243 views2bluehoops

PC help on 22:29 - May 16 by 2bluehoops

The best thing to do is build your own,that way you know whats inside and you know what can be upgraded by what and when if needed.DO NOT TOUCH A PRE BUILT ONE,9 times out of ten they will grind to a stutter and there is no way of upgrading.The last one i built was around 4 yr ago and it still runs everything today.As mentioned earlier and i've used them myself,Novatec are pretty good for comonents or you could try overclockers.co.uk.
Decide what you want to do on it and study each component and pay the best your budget will allow and you wont go far wrong.

Also,DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR BUILT IN GRAHICS and may i suggest going for an AMD processor as they are far cheaper and i have always found them better performers.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-318-AM
PC help on 00:42 - May 17 with 2228 viewsolympicdale

thank for all the advice guys, I sometimes feel bit stupid not knowing about all these things, unless i see summat else, decided to go with this one from Arbico, hopefully will work well

https://www.arbico.co.uk/product_customize.php?countid=100112103&pid=30110

Life is a game of fate.

PC help on 10:44 - May 17 with 2195 viewsRochblue

PC help on 00:42 - May 17 by olympicdale

thank for all the advice guys, I sometimes feel bit stupid not knowing about all these things, unless i see summat else, decided to go with this one from Arbico, hopefully will work well

https://www.arbico.co.uk/product_customize.php?countid=100112103&pid=30110

Seems decent enough, however I'd be tempted to double up on RAM to 8gb for £30. Or just see how it runs and decide later as there will be 2 empty slots on the motherboard to upgrade (it's easy, just plug 2 RAM sticks in).
The graphics card is fairly 'low end' by today's standards (about £25 to buy on its own) but it's not sluggish by any means and will do a job on most games etc.
What games are you playing?
PC help on 11:43 - May 17 with 2183 viewsolympicdale

PC help on 10:44 - May 17 by Rochblue

Seems decent enough, however I'd be tempted to double up on RAM to 8gb for £30. Or just see how it runs and decide later as there will be 2 empty slots on the motherboard to upgrade (it's easy, just plug 2 RAM sticks in).
The graphics card is fairly 'low end' by today's standards (about £25 to buy on its own) but it's not sluggish by any means and will do a job on most games etc.
What games are you playing?

yeah i think in time i will upgrade the ram, my pc now is 3mb ram so its an upgrade in that sense, changed my graphics card to the NVIDIA Geforce 520 GT. It's an online game called secondlife im playing atm, plus im on football manager 2011 too, if rather unsuccessfully.

Life is a game of fate.

PC help on 23:54 - May 17 with 2127 views2bluehoops

Think this option would have been better OD pretty much future proof and good components.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-210-OK
PC help on 02:19 - May 18 with 2108 viewsolympicdale

PC help on 23:54 - May 17 by 2bluehoops

Think this option would have been better OD pretty much future proof and good components.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-210-OK

looks a good machine yeah, i prefer Intel personally, plus with the graphics card on that one it would exede what I can afford right now, but thanks for that.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024