Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hard Work 21:48 - Jun 19 with 2384 viewsrongould

No not England. Us sitting at home watching.
Is that what we are to expect from Roy's team?
I know that a win is a win, and winning is what it is about, but I don't think I can keep sitting through those tactics.
Hard Work on 21:55 - Jun 19 with 1816 viewsMrSheen

I'm not sure there was much wrong with the tactics, more that the execution was poor at times, particularly from Rooney. England should have won by two or three, and they deserve a place in the quarters.

Anyway, Hodgson deserves a small celebration tonight.

Hard Work on 22:12 - Jun 19 with 1765 viewssix_foot_two

Jesus fuc king wept we win and finish top of the group and still people whine
Hard Work on 22:13 - Jun 19 with 1757 viewsthame_hoops

Hard Work on 22:12 - Jun 19 by six_foot_two

Jesus fuc king wept we win and finish top of the group and still people whine

^this
Hard Work on 22:16 - Jun 19 with 1744 viewscheeseydane

Hes taken over at the last minute, with a 'what is regarded as' a weak England squad, and is playing with the cards he has.

If anyone can get us anywhere atm, its RH. Loads of inter-continen´tal and international experience.

May not be pretty, but then the England team is all out of lipstick.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Hard Work on 22:16 - Jun 19 with 1743 viewsTrance_Trousers

+1

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Hard Work on 22:21 - Jun 19 with 1724 viewsBAWHoops

What tactics would you use then?

Expansive, free flowing football? News flash, we don't have the players anywhere near capable of doing that.
We are a limited side who have just topped their group. Phenomenal achievement.
Got a tricky QF against Italy which I expect to go all the way to penalties, from their..... who knows

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Hard Work on 22:25 - Jun 19 with 1705 viewsbaz_qpr

Whatever you say about Hodgson he is certainly one thing and that is a lucky manager, 2 Goalkeeping howlers and a goal that was, not given difference between coming top and going home with 2 points.

Onwards and upwards, irony being that Italy play like an English side and we will play like an Italian one.
Hard Work on 22:35 - Jun 19 with 1674 viewsCHUBBS

Roy has done a brilliant job considering his short reign has been littered with huge Controversy and players dropping out through injury.
Did you not watch the manner in which we got our massive victories at the end of the season that kept us up?
We are finally playing to our strengths and WINNING,if you don't like it don't watch.
Login to get fewer ads

Hard Work on 22:52 - Jun 19 with 1635 viewsDesertBoot

Good grief. Some people are never happy. Be thankful we have a manager who speaks English and a squad who don't have the whole nation thinking it's nailed-on we win the bloody thing.
Hodgson has done a marvellous job so far.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Hard Work on 22:56 - Jun 19 with 1626 viewsFDC

I had little interest in England at the start of the tournament, but I've been impressed with the discipline and spirit Hodgson's got together in a short time.

We played the right way tonight, Ukraine were obviously going to be going for it. We had a few let offs, but you need them to get anywhere
Hard Work on 23:04 - Jun 19 with 1612 viewsKiwi76

Only thing from me would be to see an actual winger in from start to pose a threat rather than Milner and Young - although sure they are following orders aimed more to prevent than create.
A pleasant surprise has been delivery from Gerrard - provided lot of threat on most occasions England get an opportunity.
Hard Work on 00:04 - Jun 20 with 1566 viewssmegma

Our best results in the Euros since 1996 and Victor Meldrew is off on one again.
You should've been at Euro '88, now that was worth moaning about.
Hard Work on 00:14 - Jun 20 with 1551 viewsCamdenR

no offence Ron, i very rarely post and i genuinely think you sometimes might have something relevant to say, but jesus H christ, what a massively backward post. you have already been told how a win is a win, but you actually seem like you know something about football and that was, if by someone else, possibly (and there have been a huge amount over the past 10 years) possibly been the most naive post i have ever read.

now i am sure like me, you dislike the England team, god knows i hate 90% of them, but seriously, after 10 years of abject shit and media furore, are you really going to grudge them a victory and a top placed group finish in a tournament they were not expected to do anything in?

again i do not want to insult you but if you are complaining, i would compare it to us expecting to beat UTD any game last season or the next 10 and moaning after and wondering why fulham/brentford thought we were arrogant c*nts.

you are not a c*nt so please leave the england team to self destruct in the quarters/semis as normal and leave us all to watch the game like normal.

cheers

CamdenR
Hard Work on 00:36 - Jun 20 with 1539 viewsToast_R

I agree with Ron.

Not having ago at England cos I'm genuinely well pleased with the achievement so far in the face of negativity and many on here supporting other nations such ah Holland who have now gone suddenly quiet.

But God we made it hard to watch as always it's never an easy run.
Italy I fully expect it to go beyond extra time.

Lap of the Gods form now on
Hard Work on 00:37 - Jun 20 with 1537 viewsNorthLondonR

Hard Work on 00:14 - Jun 20 by CamdenR

no offence Ron, i very rarely post and i genuinely think you sometimes might have something relevant to say, but jesus H christ, what a massively backward post. you have already been told how a win is a win, but you actually seem like you know something about football and that was, if by someone else, possibly (and there have been a huge amount over the past 10 years) possibly been the most naive post i have ever read.

now i am sure like me, you dislike the England team, god knows i hate 90% of them, but seriously, after 10 years of abject shit and media furore, are you really going to grudge them a victory and a top placed group finish in a tournament they were not expected to do anything in?

again i do not want to insult you but if you are complaining, i would compare it to us expecting to beat UTD any game last season or the next 10 and moaning after and wondering why fulham/brentford thought we were arrogant c*nts.

you are not a c*nt so please leave the england team to self destruct in the quarters/semis as normal and leave us all to watch the game like normal.

cheers

CamdenR

However I now have to agree with whoever it was who mentioned shite Ashley Young is the other day - now totally agree. I wasn't aware how little pace or skill he has until tonight but a good win all the same. Just need to learn how to keep the ball against the I-talians and we will be fine
Hard Work on 00:44 - Jun 20 with 1531 viewsBazWoT

Hard Work on 00:37 - Jun 20 by NorthLondonR

However I now have to agree with whoever it was who mentioned shite Ashley Young is the other day - now totally agree. I wasn't aware how little pace or skill he has until tonight but a good win all the same. Just need to learn how to keep the ball against the I-talians and we will be fine

Are you Cambden one and the same then?

Also, have you not noticed how shyte Parker is?

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Hard Work on 01:32 - Jun 20 with 1497 viewsjo_qpr63

Love watching Parker get the ball smashed at him all the time. Tried a slide tackle with his head as well!. Thought England played the right tactics, slow the game down, the pressure on Ukraine. Might just work the whole tournamont from what i've seen so far.
Hard Work on 01:54 - Jun 20 with 1492 viewsNorthLondonR

Hard Work on 00:44 - Jun 20 by BazWoT

Are you Cambden one and the same then?

Also, have you not noticed how shyte Parker is?

Not that I know of...that's a bit sawf from me. Was it he who pointed out that fact? Plus Parker is piss poor, but does pull his socks up and has a side-parting! Like a modern day Little Jimmy Clitheroe.

Hard Work on 08:27 - Jun 20 with 1418 viewsMonahoop

It is hard work watching England at times, but all the time I've watched them since Ramsey they have hardly changed their stance no matter who is in charge and no matter who is in the team. The only manager who sort of changed things tactically was Venebles, when the team looked more of an attacking force than a defensive one or a team built around a solid midfield.

Victory last night was largely owed to a strong defensive display, not good on the eye for the purist, but it restricted Ukraine to hit and hope long range efforts a tactic typical of eastern European countries as we have seen in this competition. I don't think Roy ever considered an attacking option last night as much was at stake. Ukraine were desperate to stay in the contest and needed to win so they were forced to attack and fortunately despite all their possession and endeavour they weren't particularly good.

Don't expect too much to change against Italy. They don't exactly inspire these days either.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Hard Work on 08:48 - Jun 20 with 1388 viewsAunt_Nelly

Poor man's Greece.
Hard Work on 08:52 - Jun 20 with 1379 viewslondonscottish

Hard Work on 08:48 - Jun 20 by Aunt_Nelly

Poor man's Greece.

LOL !

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Hard Work on 08:55 - Jun 20 with 1374 viewsDANRANGER

If you are going to moan about this England then why bother watching them. Is anyone really surprised at how we are playing. We are starting from scratch and the tactics are working. Sure some players can do better and I believe they will.

As a group they are working for each other and we should know from our promotion that mentality can get you rewards. Within the team we still have players that can come up with something to win a game and I would back us in one off games now against anyone.

Stop the fcking moaning, it's hard to watch but did we expect anything else. I'm pleased for those who have travelled and they must be loving it.

Well done Roy.
Hard Work on 09:01 - Jun 20 with 1366 viewsSomersetHoops

Now England have an English manager I feel I ought to support them and show some interest in the games, so I have and the quality of football when competing at this level is as expected. Roy Hodgson was appointed just weeks before this tournament to get the best result possible from the players he has and in that he is doing a brilliant job. In the longer term I hope he has the chance to bring on young skilful talent, but for now we shouldn't expect miracles - although England getting this far really is one.

Who's Next?

Hard Work on 09:19 - Jun 20 with 1335 viewsBluce_Ree

I'm genuinely enjoying it. England's rubbish play is making everything completely unpredictable. It's like watching us away to Everton early in the season.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Hard Work on 16:38 - Jun 20 with 1251 viewsDylanP

England were very hard to watch last night. Nobody disagrees. But remember how Greece won this tournament? and remember Italy playing the same kind of football all the way to lifting the silverware? It isn't beautiful, but I have been on the planet 46 years and in all that time we haven't lifted a single piece of silverware. Getting to the quarters is beyond everyone's expectations. Not mine though. If I know anything it is that a disciplined hard-working team with good tactics can and often do win out over more skillful, flair, passing teams. It'll take some luck and some bad calls going our way, but that is true of all champions. Over the years, how many times have Germany, Argentina, or Italy scrapped through and then gone on to win it all?

Also, did you watch the game between Spain and Croatia? For all their skill and flair, Spain were almost unbearable to watch. Their inane passing for the sake of passing -- 15 passes before the halfway line -- made me want to poke out my own eyes with a fork!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024