Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12 Trialists in 13:09 - Jul 6 with 8113 viewsheywooddale

According to Colin Garlick's second interview, we have 12 trialists in on monday.

Looks like Jimmy and John aren't messing around looking for the players for the rest of the squad.
12 Trialists in on 13:23 - Jul 6 with 6231 viewsrafc1984

I dont really get this! Not being hyper-critical, but trialists are often unproven players trying to gain a contract, or players towards the end of there career showing what ability they still have. I would have thought with the calibre of players JC has brought in over the summer, Lillis apart, that we have covered that base, and we now should be focusing on bringing in what quality players we can afford. Or are we totally skint and this has to be the way...
12 Trialists in on 13:29 - Jul 6 with 6174 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

which Footballers starting life at Rochdale as Trialists and went on to do great things in their future career?

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

12 Trialists in on 13:44 - Jul 6 with 6121 viewsheywooddale

12 Trialists in on 13:23 - Jul 6 by rafc1984

I dont really get this! Not being hyper-critical, but trialists are often unproven players trying to gain a contract, or players towards the end of there career showing what ability they still have. I would have thought with the calibre of players JC has brought in over the summer, Lillis apart, that we have covered that base, and we now should be focusing on bringing in what quality players we can afford. Or are we totally skint and this has to be the way...

There's nothing to say we aren't in the process of trying to bring in that sort of quality player you mention, but I see no problem in the taking a look at as many possible trialist as they want, may find ourselves a gem. it costs us nothing and if nothing else in the early part of pre-season it makes up numbers for training sessions in positions where we are short.
12 Trialists in on 13:50 - Jul 6 with 6099 viewsDale92

12 Trialists in on 13:29 - Jul 6 by DaleAwaydayBot

which Footballers starting life at Rochdale as Trialists and went on to do great things in their future career?

was McCourt a trailist?

This is the One, I've waited for

12 Trialists in on 14:06 - Jul 6 with 6034 viewsolympicdale

12, good lord, anyone have any ideas who some of them are, i see no problems bringing in trialists, it doesnt make them bad players, just gives the manager a chance to look over them.

Life is a game of fate.

12 Trialists in on 14:25 - Jul 6 with 5961 viewsheywooddale

12 Trialists in on 14:06 - Jul 6 by olympicdale

12, good lord, anyone have any ideas who some of them are, i see no problems bringing in trialists, it doesnt make them bad players, just gives the manager a chance to look over them.

CG said in his interview that there are more than a 1000 professional players out of contract looking for clubs at the moment, which is alot more than usual. They can't all be kids or journeymen looking for a last contract.

Two are possibly Jay Fulton (midfielder) and Craig Sibbald (striker) from Falkirk according to FitzoChris which fits with Rhys Bennetts saying who knew a couple of the triallist.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
12 Trialists in on 16:03 - Jul 6 with 5770 viewscy74

would imagine a few will be seen v Radcliffe
12 Trialists in on 16:16 - Jul 6 with 5744 viewsChaffRAFC

12 Trialists in on 13:29 - Jul 6 by DaleAwaydayBot

Seem to remember Matty Done being a trialist before being sold for good money to Barnsley.

As for our current trialist. We know three by all accounts, the two young lads mentioned from Falkirk/Bolton, plus Ian Craney. Will be very interesting to see the rest of them at Radcliffe Borough.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Login to get fewer ads

12 Trialists in on 16:26 - Jul 6 with 5714 viewsClivert

When is the planned trip to Austria? I can't imagine that we'll be taking 12 trialists abroad to an all expenses paid for by the club training camp.
12 Trialists in on 16:48 - Jul 6 with 5648 viewsChaffRAFC

12 Trialists in on 16:26 - Jul 6 by Clivert

When is the planned trip to Austria? I can't imagine that we'll be taking 12 trialists abroad to an all expenses paid for by the club training camp.

Think 44Dale said it was around the time of the Blackburn friendly?

12 Trialists in on 19:19 - Jul 6 with 5462 viewsThacks_Rabbits

12 Trialists in on 13:50 - Jul 6 by Dale92

was McCourt a trailist?

Think Paddy was scouted for many a game and was never a trialist - but may be wrong - came through youth terms.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

12 Trialists in on 00:22 - Jul 7 with 5308 viewsChaffRAFC

McCourt was spotted playing for Foyle Harps in Ireland, along with Rory Patterson and both were signed as 17 year olds I think.

12 Trialists in on 20:11 - Jul 9 with 4959 viewsColDale

I believe this lad is amongst the trialists
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Holden
12 Trialists in on 20:20 - Jul 9 with 4919 viewsPRINCE2356

12 Trialists in on 20:11 - Jul 9 by ColDale

Scouser Alert!
12 Trialists in on 21:38 - Jul 9 with 4781 viewsD_Dale

JC seems to be leaving no stone unturned in his search for a striker, but a 23 year old who has been on the books of over 10 clubs and scored a handful of goals ...

I wonder what the full story is of his failed move to a Championship side, where the terms on offer apparently decided him to stay at Rhyl!
12 Trialists in on 22:07 - Jul 9 with 4720 viewsrkershaw

Described as a fleet footed left winger possessing an excellent cross!!!
12 Trialists in on 23:18 - Jul 9 with 4612 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hardly an inspiring prospect from that narrative? Barnes Homer's profile would read better.

Just hope that if he comes to San Spotty is career gets a lift off.
12 Trialists in on 23:47 - Jul 9 with 4586 viewspl56

12 Trialists in on 23:18 - Jul 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

Hardly an inspiring prospect from that narrative? Barnes Homer's profile would read better.

Just hope that if he comes to San Spotty is career gets a lift off.

Gary Roberts came to Accy from the Welsh League about the same age !
12 Trialists in on 01:14 - Jul 10 with 4539 viewsrochdale1987

would be concerned if we signed dross like this, happy with most of the signings so far but hopefully a trialist is all this lad will be, he's not done anything at two teams who play much lower than us so doubt we will see anything special
12 Trialists in on 06:27 - Jul 10 with 4504 viewsTalkingSutty

12 Trialists in on 16:26 - Jul 6 by Clivert

I tend to agree with your sentiments. I am really hoping that we can have another two or three signings in place prior to this trip, after all one of the aims will be to foster a togetherness and team spirit. If the main components of the team are not there, it defeats the object in a way.

I expected us to be a bit more pro-active to be honest and from an attacking sense, we are yet to sign a proven goalscorer. Are we going to be a defensive, dour, hard to break down sort of team,or one that will take the game to the opposition and defend from the front ? I know which one i would prefer to watch.
12 Trialists in on 07:08 - Jul 10 with 4486 viewsColDale

12 Trialists in on 06:27 - Jul 10 by TalkingSutty

I tend to agree with your sentiments. I am really hoping that we can have another two or three signings in place prior to this trip, after all one of the aims will be to foster a togetherness and team spirit. If the main components of the team are not there, it defeats the object in a way.

I expected us to be a bit more pro-active to be honest and from an attacking sense, we are yet to sign a proven goalscorer. Are we going to be a defensive, dour, hard to break down sort of team,or one that will take the game to the opposition and defend from the front ? I know which one i would prefer to watch.

arguably we have two proven scorers in Grimes and Donnelly, but what we're missing the right man for them to play along. A big man up top and all of a sudden we've got options. Perhaps Joey T can play that role.
12 Trialists in on 07:42 - Jul 10 with 4466 viewsTalkingSutty

12 Trialists in on 07:08 - Jul 10 by ColDale

arguably we have two proven scorers in Grimes and Donnelly, but what we're missing the right man for them to play along. A big man up top and all of a sudden we've got options. Perhaps Joey T can play that role.

I wish i had a pound for everytime i have heard "Perhaps JT can play as the big man up front". It must be something every manager who has had Joey must have tried in training or thought about, but none have taken up the option.

A big hard centre half would hit him once and that would be the end of Joey, everytime he plays you can see he doesnt relish the physical side of the game. A good hard tackle tends to lead to him picking up an injury and being substituted.

If Grimes wasnt constantly dragging his bottom lip around the pitch, he could score plenty of goals but his attitude and body language stinks. I will be surprised if he starts the season and am not fussed either way. Its all about team spirit and fight in league two.
12 Trialists in on 09:40 - Jul 10 with 4350 viewsrkershaw

It's a good job we gave a certain future Olympian and England prospect the chance to shine. Give the triallists a chance for crying out loud!!!!!
12 Trialists in on 10:11 - Jul 10 with 4295 viewslurker

This geezer's twitter timeline appears to indicate he is having a trial with us.
He comes from some place called Liverpool - never heard of it myself but it sounds nice!

http://twitter.com/steirwin/
http://liverpoolfc.wikia.com/wiki/Steven_Irwin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Irwin

12 Trialists in on 11:28 - Jul 10 with 4173 viewsYorkshire_Dale

12 Trialists in on 07:42 - Jul 10 by TalkingSutty

I wish i had a pound for everytime i have heard "Perhaps JT can play as the big man up front". It must be something every manager who has had Joey must have tried in training or thought about, but none have taken up the option.

A big hard centre half would hit him once and that would be the end of Joey, everytime he plays you can see he doesnt relish the physical side of the game. A good hard tackle tends to lead to him picking up an injury and being substituted.

If Grimes wasnt constantly dragging his bottom lip around the pitch, he could score plenty of goals but his attitude and body language stinks. I will be surprised if he starts the season and am not fussed either way. Its all about team spirit and fight in league two.

Joey T....still " one for the future?"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024