Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson 15:31 - Jul 19 with 4925 viewsreal_loftus

Absolutely outrageous that the Met copper got off the manslaughter charge. I mean, its not as if he was caught bang to rights on camera....no, wait...

The copper had a horrendous disciplinary record, and will no doubt retire on compassionate grounds on full pension.

This country.......

ATAF.

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 15:55 - Jul 19 with 2132 viewsdubaistu

Right decision IMO.
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 15:57 - Jul 19 with 2119 viewsFFE

How the fcuk is that the right decision??

I'm NOT the Fox

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 15:59 - Jul 19 with 2113 viewsRangersw12

Disgusting decision and he came across as your typical arrogant ob scum on the stand but hopefully the family will peruse him through the civil courts

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:00 - Jul 19 with 2106 viewsSharpy

I don`t think he should have been found guilty also.

But to walk away from court scott free does leave the door wide open to what the police can use as force in future.

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:02 - Jul 19 with 2098 viewsreal_loftus

How can the inquest record unlawful killing, and yet the subsequent trial result in a not guilty verdict?

ATAF.

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:04 - Jul 19 with 2089 viewsQPR1506

Tend to agree, all the crap he had to contend with all day. 30 seconds of footage on a phone is not conclusive in regards to the whole days events. His family (especially his wife) were very upset so why was he sleeping homeless?

In Redknapp We Trust !

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:09 - Jul 19 with 2074 viewsFDC

State enforcer goes unpunished by the state? Whatever next.
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:09 - Jul 19 with 2072 viewsnadera78

Police very rarely get found guilty in a court of law. Juries just don't go against them. This guy approached a man from behind, hit him with a baton and then pushed him violently to the ground. But he's not accountable for his death. And earlier that day he had rammed another man head first into a police van. F*cking c*nt of the highest order.
Login to get fewer ads

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:11 - Jul 19 with 2061 viewswombat

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:09 - Jul 19 by nadera78

Police very rarely get found guilty in a court of law. Juries just don't go against them. This guy approached a man from behind, hit him with a baton and then pushed him violently to the ground. But he's not accountable for his death. And earlier that day he had rammed another man head first into a police van. F*cking c*nt of the highest order.

cant see how he wasnt found guilty , yes he prob did have a bad day that day as did the rest of the police on duty that day , difference is they didnt lose the plot and do what he did ,

inquest says unlawful jury say not guilty not sure how that happened

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:13 - Jul 19 with 2055 viewsQPR1506

the others may well have lost it but it was n't captured on a phone camera!

In Redknapp We Trust !

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:22 - Jul 19 with 2025 viewsCliff

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:04 - Jul 19 by QPR1506

Tend to agree, all the crap he had to contend with all day. 30 seconds of footage on a phone is not conclusive in regards to the whole days events. His family (especially his wife) were very upset so why was he sleeping homeless?

You'll have to let us all have you're address, I bet a lot of us have crap days and could do with someone to take it out on.

Or are you perhaps suggesting that it is OK if you abuse homeless people?
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:29 - Jul 19 with 2008 viewsQPR1506

I am not having a go because he was homeless. ''He was a heavy drinker and slept rough for a nuumber of years''. He has 9 children which would suggest they may have been other issues in his life. Maybe he did n't have that support network that most of us rely on.

In Redknapp We Trust !

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:33 - Jul 19 with 1995 viewsSharpy

Read this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13034919

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:38 - Jul 19 with 1980 viewsRangersw12

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:29 - Jul 19 by QPR1506

I am not having a go because he was homeless. ''He was a heavy drinker and slept rough for a nuumber of years''. He has 9 children which would suggest they may have been other issues in his life. Maybe he did n't have that support network that most of us rely on.

Even if did have issues in his life it's not really relevant the fact is he was assaulted and subsequently died

Now if it had been the other way round do you think he would of got off on killing a Police officer ?
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:38 - Jul 19 with 1977 viewsingeminate

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:33 - Jul 19 by Sharpy

Read this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13034919

Horrific all round, but he didn't club him too death he pushed him. He shouldn't have pushed him, so I'm not really sure how he got off, but to me it just seems a bit harsh to send a copper down for manslaughter for pushing someone at a protest.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:44 - Jul 19 with 1951 viewsQPR1506

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:38 - Jul 19 by ingeminate

Horrific all round, but he didn't club him too death he pushed him. He shouldn't have pushed him, so I'm not really sure how he got off, but to me it just seems a bit harsh to send a copper down for manslaughter for pushing someone at a protest.

I am not condoning what the policeman did but what ingeminate said I tend to agree with and I think his lifestyle and subsequent health issues contributed to his death.

In Redknapp We Trust !

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:46 - Jul 19 with 1938 viewsCliff

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:38 - Jul 19 by ingeminate

He hit him with a baton and then pushed him to the ground.

So what do you think should happen to police officers who assault innocent members of the public - even if they were at a protest?
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:47 - Jul 19 with 1934 viewsCliff

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:38 - Jul 19 by Rangersw12

Even if did have issues in his life it's not really relevant the fact is he was assaulted and subsequently died

Now if it had been the other way round do you think he would of got off on killing a Police officer ?

^ This ^
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:55 - Jul 19 with 1911 viewsrongould

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:44 - Jul 19 by QPR1506

I am not condoning what the policeman did but what ingeminate said I tend to agree with and I think his lifestyle and subsequent health issues contributed to his death.

All layers know this. It is known as "the thin scull problem", basically if you hit a person in the head and s/he dies then you are guilty of murder or manslaughter.

The fact that they had a pre-exiting condition of a "thin scull" makes no difference, and even if you were unaware then you are still guilty.

Ian Tomlinson's pre-existing condition should have mde no difference in this case. The biggest problem for the prosecution was that the defendant's previous record of violence and his own statement that "sometimes a red mist comes over me" was ruled as inadmisable.

My personal opinion is that if the victim's health was a factor then the defendant's disciplinary record should have been taken into account.

This is my personal view, but it is hard to reconcile this verdict with the principle "that justice should be done and justice should be seen to be done"

In both this case and the Terry case "justice was not seen to be done"
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:57 - Jul 19 with 1898 viewsscot1963

Can't see how they've reached this verdict because but for the actions of that particular policeman that day Ian Tomlinson would not have died in that place at that time (causation). The fact that he may have had an illness has no bearing on the matter - it is a subjective issue not an objective issue - you take your victim as you find him

oops same as Ron - just took longer to write it!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 17:10 - Jul 19 with 1856 viewsfblockasia

had to re-read some of the posts on here just to make sure i could believe my own eyes .........

1506 you are either a copper or a c*nt or more likely both ...

if i met a man who had a broken leg ,then shot him to death ,would that be ok because his leg was broken anyway ......

this verdict was totally expected ,police get away with murder everyday because they have a badge that allows them to act like thugs ...

police badges in the future should just have three little words on them to save all the "hassle" and timewasting of going to court ...

LICENSE TO KILL
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 17:23 - Jul 19 with 1822 viewsPacal_Votan

I hope he catches aids by treading on a needle whilst spending
his pension on holiday and then he gets raped by an escaped baboon.

The c@nt.

"Try the whine!!!"

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 17:32 - Jul 19 with 1790 viewsessextaxiboy

A jury picked at random presumably with random views on the police aquitted him , they heard all the evidence , we have to accept it .
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 17:35 - Jul 19 with 1783 viewsreal_loftus

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 17:32 - Jul 19 by essextaxiboy

A jury picked at random presumably with random views on the police aquitted him , they heard all the evidence , we have to accept it .

Well no, they didnt hear ALL the evidence. Harwood's history of violence and disciplinary issues were deemed inadmissible apparently.

ATAF.

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 17:35 - Jul 19 with 1777 viewsingeminate

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 16:46 - Jul 19 by Cliff

He hit him with a baton and then pushed him to the ground.

So what do you think should happen to police officers who assault innocent members of the public - even if they were at a protest?

I think they should lose their jobs. I think they should be publically reprimanded. I think their life should be made a misery for a short period of time. Do I think they should go to prison for manslaughter for making a wrong judgement call and pushing (becasue that's what called him)what they thought was a protestor in a highly stressful confrontational situation? No.

Had he whacked him around the head with his batton repeatedly then I'd feel differently and legally I'm not saying he should have got off, just in my world if I wrote the rules etc that is what would have happened here.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024