Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we lose against Reading 09:46 - Oct 30 with 8118 viewsjeffro

I think its accepted by most R's that Hughes must go.

For all those who think he should be given more time etc blah blah and those who wouldnt want Harry Redknapp, I ask this question:

Why wouldnt QPR on purely footballing reasons and management ability, NOT want Harry Redknapp?

He plays great football, moulds a winning team, is decent with transfers and was the best english manager last year..

Not a loaded question but I am yet to hear a good "footballing/management" reason as to why Redknapp would be a bad appointment.

Forget the brown paper bag stuff, & creaming transfers etc... That wont happen with the board we have.
If we lose against Reading on 17:06 - Oct 30 with 1255 viewsadhoc_qpr

If we lose against Reading on 16:50 - Oct 30 by EalingRanger

I wouldn't have 'Arry anywhere near the club. This makes for frightening reading:

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/harrys-game.html

I don't especially like Arry but that is an incredibly one sided hatchet job - not sure how you can hold him responsible for the financial issues at Bournemouth and West Ham taht happened years and years after his reigns.
If we lose against Reading on 19:09 - Oct 30 with 1229 viewsderbyhoop

If we lose against Reading on 17:06 - Oct 30 by adhoc_qpr

I don't especially like Arry but that is an incredibly one sided hatchet job - not sure how you can hold him responsible for the financial issues at Bournemouth and West Ham taht happened years and years after his reigns.

Then we'll just have to rely on Portsmouth for our evidence. They seem to have done really well since Harry did such a trific job there.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

If we lose against Reading on 19:48 - Oct 30 with 1213 viewsTGRRRSSS

If we lose against Reading on 19:09 - Oct 30 by derbyhoop

Then we'll just have to rely on Portsmouth for our evidence. They seem to have done really well since Harry did such a trific job there.

Yeah it was ALL Harry nothing to do with Al Fahim, Mandaric, Ali Al Faraj and more than anyone Alexander Gaydamark, who assset stripped everything he could including the area around the ground he tried to sell and now charges a fortune on parking areas around Fratton Park.

But no it's all Harry's fault.
He was a manager not the owner, any chairman admits the manager is always about getting what they can player wise. Read Jordan's book for instance.
If we lose against Reading on 20:01 - Oct 30 with 1205 viewsderbyhoop

Not all Redknapp's fault. But they were paying unaffordable wages and significant transfer fees to reach a level they could not justify. Doesn't the manager normally get involved in transfers and wage negotiations?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

If we lose against Reading on 20:03 - Oct 30 with 1202 viewsTGRRRSSS

Think it depends on a case by case basis, but they aren't the people signing it off.
He's never owned a club or been Chairman, Chief exec etc
If we lose against Reading on 20:17 - Oct 30 with 1190 viewsCHUBBS

If we lose against Reading on 20:01 - Oct 30 by derbyhoop

Not all Redknapp's fault. But they were paying unaffordable wages and significant transfer fees to reach a level they could not justify. Doesn't the manager normally get involved in transfers and wage negotiations?

Are you talking about MH or HR because the similarities regarding spending obscene amounts of money are startling.That's where they end though as HR is in a different league where it really counts.
MH left Fulham stating the club lacked ambition yet after selling half a dozen of their top players they sit happily in 7th place.He's been given about 60/70 million to fulfill the ambition he was denied producing a record run of totally unacceptable results.If he doesn't get 6 points out of the next 3 games,we should bite the bullet before its too late.
If we lose against Reading on 20:24 - Oct 30 with 1178 viewsPommyhoop

Harry Redknapp has achieved relatively little in football, yet receives far more credit than he deserves. He is a sneaky, disloyal, feeble excuse for a manager, who appears to be motivated more by money than results. As he infamously said, possibly when taking in the ocean view from his palatial property in Sandbanks, “At the end of the day, no one gives a monkey’s about you once your career’s over, so in my view you should make the bucks while you can.” This is one manager for whom money is never too tight to mention.

I'd go with that

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

If we lose against Reading on 20:28 - Oct 30 with 1168 viewsTGRRRSSS

If we lose against Reading on 20:24 - Oct 30 by Pommyhoop

Harry Redknapp has achieved relatively little in football, yet receives far more credit than he deserves. He is a sneaky, disloyal, feeble excuse for a manager, who appears to be motivated more by money than results. As he infamously said, possibly when taking in the ocean view from his palatial property in Sandbanks, “At the end of the day, no one gives a monkey’s about you once your career’s over, so in my view you should make the bucks while you can.” This is one manager for whom money is never too tight to mention.

I'd go with that

Is he wrong, who (fanwise) is showing loyalty to HUghes???
Login to get fewer ads

If we lose against Reading on 20:41 - Oct 30 with 1154 viewsGetMeRangers

If we lose against Reading on 11:04 - Oct 30 by Hayesender

I'm taking my son to his first game on Sunday.

I'm hoping he will bring us some luck

Dont say that. Last time we were in such dire straits (struggling near bottom of Championship)I took my son to his first away game vs The Posh.... how could we lose.. Somewhere else their is a thread about 9 men Rangers sides. The bitter wind didnt make watching any more comfortable

Great trip otherwise... those Posh fans are very friendly.
If we lose against Reading on 21:20 - Oct 30 with 1129 viewscobbleR

Why do people keep saying that HR is by far a better manager than MH? or in a different league where it counts?

I think I am right in saying that MH has never finished outside the top 10 in the prem when he has had a full season in charge of a club....EVER! (and we are his 4th club)
Can you say that about HR...... no of course you can't, he has got a team relegated though....but he got Spurs in the top 4 once so he must be fantastic. Spurs, who for the previous god knows how many years have been around 5th and 6th and were always best placed to be the team to break the old top 4 hold on the prem.
And please don't say what the so called experts say and he took a club bottom of the league and got into the CL........yeah they were bottom after 8 games but they were NEVER gonna get relegated that season, Spurs are the very definition of mainstays in this division. I reckon I could have kept them up with the squad they had :-) And I think he spent something in the region of 50m in the Jan window that season.

As for West Ham, Pompey and Saints going into meltdown not long after HR has left.....yeah, he is only the manager so you can't blame him for all that but there is only one common denominator in all 3 clubs............and that is Harry.
Sorry, but personally don't think he will be good for QPR in the long term.
If we lose against Reading on 21:27 - Oct 30 with 1123 viewsKiwi76

Redknapp isn't a long term bet for anyone but as much as I hate to say it - IF we needed to replace Hughes he'd probably be great bet to provoke some immediate improvement with his matey lack of tactics approach - no thx on the transfers though.
If we lose against Reading on 21:32 - Oct 30 with 1115 viewsQPR1882

If we lose against Reading on 21:20 - Oct 30 by cobbleR

Why do people keep saying that HR is by far a better manager than MH? or in a different league where it counts?

I think I am right in saying that MH has never finished outside the top 10 in the prem when he has had a full season in charge of a club....EVER! (and we are his 4th club)
Can you say that about HR...... no of course you can't, he has got a team relegated though....but he got Spurs in the top 4 once so he must be fantastic. Spurs, who for the previous god knows how many years have been around 5th and 6th and were always best placed to be the team to break the old top 4 hold on the prem.
And please don't say what the so called experts say and he took a club bottom of the league and got into the CL........yeah they were bottom after 8 games but they were NEVER gonna get relegated that season, Spurs are the very definition of mainstays in this division. I reckon I could have kept them up with the squad they had :-) And I think he spent something in the region of 50m in the Jan window that season.

As for West Ham, Pompey and Saints going into meltdown not long after HR has left.....yeah, he is only the manager so you can't blame him for all that but there is only one common denominator in all 3 clubs............and that is Harry.

/
THIS
If we lose against Reading on 21:40 - Oct 30 with 1104 viewsnadera78

As much as Mark Hughes leaves me completely cold, Redknapp in charge of my beloved QPR would make me vomit. Horrible man and exactly not the type of manager we need.
If we lose against Reading on 21:44 - Oct 30 with 1101 viewsPeterHucker

If we lose against Reading on 11:04 - Oct 30 by Hayesender

I'm taking my son to his first game on Sunday.

I'm hoping he will bring us some luck

is he any good in defence?
If we lose against Reading on 22:09 - Oct 30 with 1091 viewsIrishR

If we lose against Reading on 21:44 - Oct 30 by PeterHucker

is he any good in defence?

We all crave stability at the club after all the years of turmoil and if Hughes was to get the push I dont see Harry staying around long term. For me if Hughes does go(not saying i want that) we would need a target in place to sign ASAP. we cant afford to wait. An approach would have to be made for me to someone like Martinez or Poyet and have everything prepared. We are not playing bad football for the most part, the final third is were we are creating nothing though. We play attractive football at times but is this down to Hughes or the quality of Granero, Diakite, Hoillett, Taarabt?

4 Areas where Hughes has really annoyed me though:

1) Insistence on playing Zamora and SWP, which overlaps to not playing Hoillet and Cisse
2) Not buying a quality striker or defender in the summer when even the non footballing brain could see we needed both
3) Some very suspect tactical decisions and obvious stubborness to change (this could be his biggest flaw)
4) The lack of discipline by the players, Mbia's red card was a disgrace considering out situation. That discipline comes from the top down.

Looking at the above 4 they are pretty big mistakes by Hughes but if we could get a win or two and the confidence builds it could be like watching a different team in a few weeks.
If we lose against Reading on 09:27 - Oct 31 with 1041 viewsPinnerPaul

If we lose against Reading on 14:52 - Oct 30 by TW_R

I think a lot of people are making a big deal out of this "paying off Hughes" thing.

I can't imagine this would even cross TF's mind. He and his "partners" are incredibly successful businessmen who are in a constant cycle of laying people off, closing parts of their businesses, opening new businesses, opening new flight routes etc. He'll be looking at it from a business perspective and making a decision based on whether he believes we can be successful under Hughes.

That's the cheapest part of it.

5 players HR doesn't fancy on say £20,000 per week (probably its more)

Pay off 2 years x £1,000,000 x 5 = £10M add that again for the 5 he will want to buy and you can see that its still scary sums on top of what we are paying out now.

Plus £20,000 per week is quite a low estimate; Park, Cisse and others probably on more I would guess.

So for the umpteenth time the reason TF etc won't push MH for a while yet is MONEY!

If we lose against Reading on 09:33 - Oct 31 with 1035 viewshoopstilidie

If we lose against Reading on 21:20 - Oct 30 by cobbleR

You're preaching to the choir here.

Well said.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

If we lose against Reading on 09:41 - Oct 31 with 1028 viewsjeffro

If we lose against Reading on 09:27 - Oct 31 by PinnerPaul

Pay off 2 years x £1,000,000 x 5 = £10M add that again for the 5 he will want to buy and you can see that its still scary sums on top of what we are paying out now.

Plus £20,000 per week is quite a low estimate; Park, Cisse and others probably on more I would guess.

So for the umpteenth time the reason TF etc won't push MH for a while yet is MONEY!

And for the Unteenth time understand this...

The money next season will dwarf anything seen before at this level and will be a pittance to pay off Hughes and his coaches.

SO staying up is paramount...

Why would we HAVE to pay off those players , why couldnt we sell them instead?
If we lose against Reading on 09:43 - Oct 31 with 1024 viewspaulparker

bar southampton, Arry has done a good job everywhere he has been,
i cannot believe that people wouldnt want a top 4 premier manager here,
as ive said before Fergie is just as dodgy and stabbed as many people in the back
bar a handful of games hughes has been dire for rangers, yet takes a wage out of this club that would make your eyes water,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

If we lose against Reading on 09:45 - Oct 31 with 1021 viewshoopstilidie

If we lose against Reading on 09:43 - Oct 31 by paulparker

as ive said before Fergie is just as dodgy and stabbed as many people in the back
bar a handful of games hughes has been dire for rangers, yet takes a wage out of this club that would make your eyes water,

"bar southampton, Arry has done a good job everywhere he has been, "

No, he hasn't.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

If we lose against Reading on 09:47 - Oct 31 with 1017 viewsjeffro

If we lose against Reading on 09:43 - Oct 31 by paulparker

And some people's argument is that HArry would spend to much and waste money... Haha Like Hughes has been prudent..

People also forget the millions of profit Harry left in players Pompey sold on...

Defoe, Kranjiar, Diarra, Crouch all left for more than they signed for...
If we lose against Reading on 10:43 - Oct 31 with 999 viewsTW_R

If we lose against Reading on 09:27 - Oct 31 by PinnerPaul

No it's not. You saying it lots of times doesn't make it so.

He will be looking at a number of things, such as risk to the business, implications of what happens over the next xx amount of games and will already be thinking about contingency and a business strategy of what to do in the event of having to fire an important employee. It would be no different if Air Asia was not performing to the Board's expectations. People are "moved on" on a daily basis, some with considerable pay-offs. The decisions are made for the long-term benefit of the business, not for the short-term cost of firing someone.
If we lose against Reading on 11:00 - Oct 31 with 991 viewsjeffro

If we lose against Reading on 10:43 - Oct 31 by TW_R

No it's not. You saying it lots of times doesn't make it so.

He will be looking at a number of things, such as risk to the business, implications of what happens over the next xx amount of games and will already be thinking about contingency and a business strategy of what to do in the event of having to fire an important employee. It would be no different if Air Asia was not performing to the Board's expectations. People are "moved on" on a daily basis, some with considerable pay-offs. The decisions are made for the long-term benefit of the business, not for the short-term cost of firing someone.

^^^^^^ This

Also reiterate the money in next years Prem is like 3 x this season.
If we lose against Reading on 11:36 - Oct 31 with 974 viewspaulparker

im not Arrys biggest fan, by any stretch hoopstillidie,
but the facts are he done well at west ham (sinclair, de canio era etc) ,
he got pompey up to the prem & kept them there, he also went back there and kept them up against all odds with a terrible sqaud after that french bloke messed them up,
he also done very well at spurs where other bigger named managers failed ,
he might be seen as dodgy but he does buy good players and by and large as done well at all his clubs

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

If we lose against Reading on 12:43 - Oct 31 with 963 viewsPinnerPaul

If we lose against Reading on 09:41 - Oct 31 by jeffro

And for the Unteenth time understand this...

The money next season will dwarf anything seen before at this level and will be a pittance to pay off Hughes and his coaches.

SO staying up is paramount...

Why would we HAVE to pay off those players , why couldnt we sell them instead?

For the same reason we can't sell thsoe not in the 25 now - they are are good money and won't go for less.

and HR or whoever is CERTAIN to keep us up?

Its madness to run a club like Portsmouth or Leeds and base your buisness case on the best case scenario - "It doesn't matter if we spend another £XXM because we WILL be in the Premiership next season."

PLUS you still have the settling in period to factor in.

If HR (or whoever) don't win for 10 games - then what - another manager/backroom team - more players in and out?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024