Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we lose against Reading 09:46 - Oct 30 with 8119 viewsjeffro

I think its accepted by most R's that Hughes must go.

For all those who think he should be given more time etc blah blah and those who wouldnt want Harry Redknapp, I ask this question:

Why wouldnt QPR on purely footballing reasons and management ability, NOT want Harry Redknapp?

He plays great football, moulds a winning team, is decent with transfers and was the best english manager last year..

Not a loaded question but I am yet to hear a good "footballing/management" reason as to why Redknapp would be a bad appointment.

Forget the brown paper bag stuff, & creaming transfers etc... That wont happen with the board we have.
If we lose against Reading on 11:41 - Oct 30 with 1428 viewsdaveB

If we lose against Reading on 11:34 - Oct 30 by Toast_R

I understand what you mean Dave trust me, but if we go down we are bang in trouble. The longterm mission we are currently on looks like it's going to be a catastrophic failure. Looks being the key word for now, Hughes needs points but he's skating on very thin ice.

TF has loaded his eggs into one basket which appears to have a great big hole in it.

i agree and I'm not suggesting Hughes must stay at all costs, if we don't win soon then he'll go but if it comes to a new manager we have to think long term which is why i'd go with Martinez rather than Redknapp
If we lose against Reading on 11:48 - Oct 30 with 1418 viewsadhoc_qpr

If we lose against Reading on 11:31 - Oct 30 by WeaverQPR

Id rather be unstable in the PL than stable with Hughes in the championship.

That's what it comes down to ultimately. I certainly wouldn't back Hughes to get us bouncing back either...

Hughes is simply not delivering where it matters and that needs to change or he needs to go.

Not sure what people are talking about when they use Hughes huge coaching team as a reason he's too expensive to fire?

Hughes, Bowen, Niedzwiecki, Hitchcock, Hodges - that's it, no more no less than any other club.

The scouting, physio and youth developments section can all continue to operate whether Hughes stays or goes.
If we lose against Reading on 11:49 - Oct 30 with 1415 viewsTHEBUSH

If we lose against Reading on 11:41 - Oct 30 by daveB

i agree and I'm not suggesting Hughes must stay at all costs, if we don't win soon then he'll go but if it comes to a new manager we have to think long term which is why i'd go with Martinez rather than Redknapp

Problem with Martinez, it would be out of the frying pan into the fire, he'd never come to us.
Like you I'd stick with Hughes at least until December, as I still think we'll get out of this mess.
If we lose against Reading on 11:56 - Oct 30 with 1401 viewsadhoc_qpr

If we lose against Reading on 11:49 - Oct 30 by THEBUSH

Problem with Martinez, it would be out of the frying pan into the fire, he'd never come to us.
Like you I'd stick with Hughes at least until December, as I still think we'll get out of this mess.

Martinez has also turned down Liverpool and (possibly) Spurs - so why would he join us?

Another season at Wigan where they look like they can probably survive again (mainly due to us, Soton and Reading) and he can probably walk into his choice of jobs!
If we lose against Reading on 12:16 - Oct 30 with 1374 viewspaulparker

did Liverpool & spurs really offer Martinez the job ? if they did before rodgers & AVB then he would have gone like a shot no two ways about it ,
i think Martinez would come to us if he was offered the job here,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

If we lose against Reading on 12:34 - Oct 30 with 1356 viewsderbyhoop

It won't just be Reading. A loss might see him out but a draw or even a win just gives him a bit more time. As a minimum he needs 4 points from the next 3, and probably 6 or 7.

Personally, I think Reading and Southampton will go down, and have done since before the season started. So it will be 1 more from about 10. We are one of the 10 and we're certainly not the worst of the 10 but we haven't yet got the points we deserve.

If Hughes goes, I cannot think of a single suitable candidate that
a) is available or approachable
b) would be willing to come
c) would be affordable.

The latter is the most important. Hughes and his entourage would need paying off; a new manager will want to bring in his own people and Hughes' assistants are too closely wedded to MH; another influx of expensive and highly paid players to add to an already bloated wage bill.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

If we lose against Reading on 12:48 - Oct 30 with 1345 viewsdaveB

If we lose against Reading on 11:56 - Oct 30 by adhoc_qpr

Martinez has also turned down Liverpool and (possibly) Spurs - so why would he join us?

Another season at Wigan where they look like they can probably survive again (mainly due to us, Soton and Reading) and he can probably walk into his choice of jobs!

he was never offered the liverpool job
If we lose against Reading on 13:45 - Oct 30 with 1326 viewsPinnerPaul

If we lose against Reading on 11:37 - Oct 30 by THEBUSH

No garantee a new manager would save us anyway !!

I've said before, it will come down to financial reasons.
Login to get fewer ads

If we lose against Reading on 13:54 - Oct 30 with 1313 viewsjeffro

If we lose against Reading on 12:34 - Oct 30 by derbyhoop

It won't just be Reading. A loss might see him out but a draw or even a win just gives him a bit more time. As a minimum he needs 4 points from the next 3, and probably 6 or 7.

Personally, I think Reading and Southampton will go down, and have done since before the season started. So it will be 1 more from about 10. We are one of the 10 and we're certainly not the worst of the 10 but we haven't yet got the points we deserve.

c) would be affordable.

The latter is the most important. Hughes and his entourage would need paying off; a new manager will want to bring in his own people and Hughes' assistants are too closely wedded to MH; another influx of expensive and highly paid players to add to an already bloated wage bill.

c) would be affordable.

I can : HArry Redknapp
If we lose against Reading on 13:56 - Oct 30 with 1308 viewsPinnerPaul

If we lose against Reading on 13:54 - Oct 30 by jeffro

c) would be affordable.

I can : HArry Redknapp

How does Harry fit c) then

Would he want more than TH?

Would he want his own team of coaches?

Would he want to offload at least 5 players from the 25?

Would he want to buy in 5 more?
If we lose against Reading on 14:07 - Oct 30 with 1293 viewsPhilmyRs

If we lose against Reading on 11:02 - Oct 30 by Jamie

Cons:
Will want to spend a fortune and will need a strong, confident management team above him
tactically inept
scattergun transfer dealings at West Ham & Pompey - Levy controls transfers at Spurs
relegated Saints with at the time a decent squad.
very much a man who sticks to his favoured players
'loyalty' is what Sandra serves him with his toast

Pros:
Got Spurs playing incisive, attacking football, although Spurs had some of the highest long ball figures prior to last season
Media savvy
would attract 'name' players to the club

For me Redknapp means a strict 4-4-2 with Hoilett & SWP on the wings, Granero & Diakite holding and Cisse off Zamora.

As things stand he really is the only candidate for the job, presuming someone like Poyet doesnt fancy abandoning his project at Brighton and it is for this reason Hughes must get the season IMO.

Harry wasn't a 442 man with Spurs.

Adebayor up top, Lennon and Bale on the wings, Van Der Varrt off the stiker with Modric and Sandro/Parker doing the donkey work. That was the most successful team Harry put together. Defoe rarely got a game because Harry didn't like 442. What makes you think he would suddenly be a 'strict 442 man?'

Just to add, I don't want a new Manager, I'd give Hughes at least the next 3 (winnable) games.
If we lose against Reading on 14:20 - Oct 30 with 1278 viewsJamie

If we lose against Reading on 14:07 - Oct 30 by PhilmyRs

Harry wasn't a 442 man with Spurs.

Adebayor up top, Lennon and Bale on the wings, Van Der Varrt off the stiker with Modric and Sandro/Parker doing the donkey work. That was the most successful team Harry put together. Defoe rarely got a game because Harry didn't like 442. What makes you think he would suddenly be a 'strict 442 man?'

Just to add, I don't want a new Manager, I'd give Hughes at least the next 3 (winnable) games.

To me playing VD Vaart/Defoe off Adebayor counts as 4-4-2 as does out current setup of Hoilett off Zamora
If we lose against Reading on 14:20 - Oct 30 with 1277 viewsderbyhoop

If we lose against Reading on 13:56 - Oct 30 by PinnerPaul

How does Harry fit c) then

Would he want more than TH?

Would he want his own team of coaches?

Would he want to offload at least 5 players from the 25?

Would he want to buy in 5 more?

Harry, and his dog, do not fit option c. Even if they fitted the first 2.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

If we lose against Reading on 14:42 - Oct 30 with 1265 viewsjeffro

If we lose against Reading on 14:20 - Oct 30 by derbyhoop

Harry, and his dog, do not fit option c. Even if they fitted the first 2.

so we have the money to make Hughes the 9th highest paid manager in world football but not enough to employ harry redknapp??
If we lose against Reading on 14:46 - Oct 30 with 1260 viewsdanehoop

If we lose against Reading on 14:42 - Oct 30 by jeffro

so we have the money to make Hughes the 9th highest paid manager in world football but not enough to employ harry redknapp??

not after paying off Hughes we won't.

Never knowingly understood

If we lose against Reading on 14:47 - Oct 30 with 1203 viewsjeffro

Still not seen a decent reason as to why Redknapp wouldnt be a great manager for us.
If we lose against Reading on 14:52 - Oct 30 with 1198 viewsPhilmyRs

If we lose against Reading on 14:20 - Oct 30 by Jamie

To me playing VD Vaart/Defoe off Adebayor counts as 4-4-2 as does out current setup of Hoilett off Zamora

Well under Harry there were a lot of suggestions Defoe was going to be off because of his failure to get in to Harry’s preferred 4-2-3-1 system. Not sure how you take that to mean Redknapp’s a 442 man. He rarely played Defoe and Adebayor together.

If having one up front with Van Der Vaart wandering where he wants, with attacking wingers and two holders constitutes 442 then fair enough. To most people, it doesn’t.
If we lose against Reading on 14:52 - Oct 30 with 1197 viewsTW_R

I think a lot of people are making a big deal out of this "paying off Hughes" thing.

I can't imagine this would even cross TF's mind. He and his "partners" are incredibly successful businessmen who are in a constant cycle of laying people off, closing parts of their businesses, opening new businesses, opening new flight routes etc. He'll be looking at it from a business perspective and making a decision based on whether he believes we can be successful under Hughes.
If we lose against Reading on 14:55 - Oct 30 with 1192 viewsdanehoop

Finite pot of money for a vanity marketing project. TF and his mates are well off, but they are not the Mittals. Sort of funds required are not easy to shrug off and likely return on initial outlay much reduced.

Never knowingly understood

If we lose against Reading on 14:59 - Oct 30 with 1188 viewsjeffro

If we lose against Reading on 14:52 - Oct 30 by TW_R

I think a lot of people are making a big deal out of this "paying off Hughes" thing.

I can't imagine this would even cross TF's mind. He and his "partners" are incredibly successful businessmen who are in a constant cycle of laying people off, closing parts of their businesses, opening new businesses, opening new flight routes etc. He'll be looking at it from a business perspective and making a decision based on whether he believes we can be successful under Hughes.

Exactly TW_R.

Im sure most of his team like Jepson did will walk to where Hughes goes next.

We only actually need to pay off Hughes, Bowen, Neidzweki, really.

Hodges & Rigg are long term different roles, besides if Harry came in they would probably walk.
If we lose against Reading on 15:18 - Oct 30 with 1169 viewskensalriser

Why did the wheels come off at Spurs for Redknapp? OK, I know the obvious answer, but I think there's a bit more to it than that.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

If we lose against Reading on 15:22 - Oct 30 with 1165 viewsdaveB

If we lose against Reading on 15:18 - Oct 30 by kensalriser

Why did the wheels come off at Spurs for Redknapp? OK, I know the obvious answer, but I think there's a bit more to it than that.

wheels didn't come off that much, they still finished 4th last season
If we lose against Reading on 15:24 - Oct 30 with 1163 viewskensalriser

If we lose against Reading on 15:22 - Oct 30 by daveB

wheels didn't come off that much, they still finished 4th last season

I meant for him personally, ie he's not there now.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

If we lose against Reading on 15:30 - Oct 30 with 1155 viewspaulparker

i must say even though Arry wouldnt be my 1st choice , i dont get the Hate,
the bloke plays football the right way and gets the best out of players, he also has experince of beating the drop , as well as champions league experience,
i also think he would embrace our club and traditions , ie flair players, packed tight stadium etc
if its because he is Dodgy , then what about SAF, Big Sam, & Oneill, they are just as bad and yet we wouldnt turn up our nose at them

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

If we lose against Reading on 16:50 - Oct 30 with 1135 viewsEalingRanger

I wouldn't have 'Arry anywhere near the club. This makes for frightening reading:

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/harrys-game.html
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024