Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? 10:37 - Nov 27 with 2126 viewsHollowayRanger

thought id ask now before Harry Starts to upset some of us and people start coming on here saying i never wanted him he's rubbish a money grabber ect ect

i for one cant stand him but am very pleased we have him , as to me he's the only manager that was really available that has a hope in hell of saving us

we come a long way to be able to get a man who was favourite for the england job just a year ago

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 13:26 - Nov 27 with 531 viewsQPunkR

I'm not enamoured with his appointment.
I'd rather we had a proper 'coach' type manager rather than one widely known as a wheeler-dealer. That said he's a full 10 steps up from Hughes.

He might do the job but I would've preferred someone else. Still has my support though, especially if he can get that lazy shower of players to have a bit of bloody heart/bollocks!!

QPR - "shit but local"

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 13:38 - Nov 27 with 521 viewsloftboy

Delighted, at least we are going to be entertained regardless of the outcome, the football under Hughes was not very easy in the eye.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 13:46 - Nov 27 with 516 viewsPinnerPaul

Yes but sadly think we will still go down.

Will increase the odds after we win a few but the "maths", as the Americans say, just don't work for me.

HR must know that as well, he himself admitted he didn't need the money, so fair play to him for giving it a go.

Regulars will know that I'm firmly on the "Same players, same problems" side so that and the fact we can only lose about 9 more games is the reason for my pessimism.
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 13:47 - Nov 27 with 510 viewsQPunkR

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 13:46 - Nov 27 by PinnerPaul

Yes but sadly think we will still go down.

Will increase the odds after we win a few but the "maths", as the Americans say, just don't work for me.

HR must know that as well, he himself admitted he didn't need the money, so fair play to him for giving it a go.

Regulars will know that I'm firmly on the "Same players, same problems" side so that and the fact we can only lose about 9 more games is the reason for my pessimism.

Don't Yanks say Math instead of Maths though??

QPR - "shit but local"

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 15:00 - Nov 27 with 485 viewsDoomed

Would have prefer Harry on a contract until the end of the season, still don't think we will survive because we have to many overpaid useless ****** in the squad, it will take years to get rid of them.

When we are relegated I would have liked a younger manager like Kenny Jackett, have a feeling he will be managering in the prem next season no matter what happens to QPR.
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 15:06 - Nov 27 with 480 viewsBklynRanger

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 12:52 - Nov 27 by stansleftfoot

Harry Redknapp comes from an era of English football where the game as bent as the Metropolitan Police, and open to financial malfeasance....what's new! I should point out the most intense investigations of tax evasion where made against Harry and he was found not guilty. Not even Rosie or Sandra where implicated. Did we all take the moral high ground when Terry Venables was our Manager and got his company to fit a plastic pitch? Nope! we just remember giving the Shed a kicking and winning the Chelsea game, it's just Terry, he's a crafty cockney. Harry is no more than that.
Just what alternative the Board had I do not know, you can talk as much as you want but can a Club actually sign any Manager that is currently employed?
The repeated line of why don't we talk with Martinez, how? and why? He can't and wouldn't come.
This football club is bottom of the league and has a squad that can hardly put a side together of 11 players plus a subs bench in their natural positions.
Happy with Harry, doesn't matter whether we are or not, there was no choice.
Me, Happy with Harry, i think it's the perfect marriage. plays good football, knows the simple game, try's to win games on the front foot, treats players with the respect they deserve...this time it will be proven case if performances don't improve, it will be the players fault and we will go down.

This sort of sums up how I feel.

I'd been thinking that Laurent Blanc would've been my pick, but a) I've no idea if he'd have been remotely interested and b) by the time the decision was made HR had become the correct choice.

I'd welcome any informative links people can offer up, but based on what I know some of this 'bad man' stuff seems a bit strong. Dodginess has never been something that any of us would equate with violence or perversion - half the time its talked about with a certain amount of humour.
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 15:26 - Nov 27 with 473 views08olesen

I dont understand how he is not the right man to go forward, i would have said if he does keep us then we should aim to do a similar thing like tottneham. As long as fernades keeps the cheque book in control, i think he would be good in the long term.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 15:34 - Nov 27 with 467 viewsTGRRRSSS

Happy enough. I rate Redknapp more than most and can see he can add some value for the team, the reality is though that to a greater or lesser extent the damage is done if we do go down. My thought process regarding that is this: We've played 13 games this season in which we've accrued 4 points via 4 draws
This means he has 25 games in which to save us.
If he gets 10 wins and 5 draws and 10 defeats he's got 35 points taking us to 39 which may or may not be enough. However if he achieved this I'd say that isn't an unreasonable result even if we go down. The thing once again that might save us if we got something like the above as others don't look likely to get huge results.
Interestingly Newcastle gone form 33-1 to 16-1 to go down with osme bookies (not sure which).......
Login to get fewer ads

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 15:38 - Nov 27 with 463 viewsWestbourneR

I think the dislike for Harry is quite weird. I can see who people didn't like Hughes but Harry Redknapp plays great football, signs good players and instills team spirit.

He is the top English manager and he has taken us over when we are bottom of the league.

I don't really understand what is not to like - I think it's flippin great news he is ours!

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 16:28 - Nov 27 with 451 viewsCanadaRanger

"Good enough for England,
Harry's good enough for England,
Good enough for England..."

To the tune of "Guantanamera"

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 16:50 - Nov 27 with 442 viewsonlyrinmoray

Agree with the Premier League Warnock title.. I was one of the few who was delighted to have got Neil, a proper manager and was with him all the way Just what we needed at the time. Should have been given longer IMHO. Gone down in my esteem since the Diouf deal though

Arry, well cant be any worse than Hughes. I wanted some stability but Southampton was the last straw.( Nice little earner for a year of failure ) Do all the behind the scenes guys stay ? Mike Rigg and co. I hope so as we need a scouting system and Academy
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 16:54 - Nov 27 with 434 viewswood_hoop

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 11:29 - Nov 27 by QPR1882

'Arry is sadly not the answer but he is in a win win situation so there is no pressure on him. If we stay up then he becomes a hero,if we go down then he had no chance of keeping us up after the mess MH left us in,very much like Alan Shearer was when he took over at Newcastle.

'Arry seems to be the fans choice and it seems the owners have gone along with the fans wishes,but who else did they talk to ? was there only candidate 'Arry ? if so that is very poor management.

My choice would have been Martinez and yes i know he is already in a job, remember Aston Villa asking the question ? why didn't we.

For the clubs saviour 'Arry has a very poor record for relegating teams.

agree with most of your post.

Of course we have no choice in the matter, 'fans choice' , 'peoples choice' HR certainly has the media on his side, but as we do not have the outlets he has to maybe voice objections we are stuck with him.

Hopefully he will prove us doubters wrong, he certainly has his work cut out.
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 17:01 - Nov 27 with 428 viewsJonDoeman

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 12:03 - Nov 27 by WanderR

He's a Premier League Warnock, Warnock 2.0, and since I wasn't particularly happy with NW's sacking, I am pleased that we have someone who is a bit more QPR managing us again.He has the best shot of anyone available to keep us up and restore the fun factor after the decidedly grey Hughes era.

As mentioned, he's not a long term choice, but unless we stay up this year then there will be no long term.

In an ideal world, I would want to oversee our survival this year and consolidate our position next year, maybe even push for one of those European cup slots we were dreaming about when MH came in. He will be 67 by then and presumably look to retire at which point we do a proper search for a replacement, interview the candidate, not the other way around and hire a young and hungry manager will be with us for five years or more to see through TF's long term ambitions.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

This is the best post on the thread IMO.

It Is What It Is !!

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 17:04 - Nov 27 with 426 viewsJonDoeman

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 12:37 - Nov 27 by Jim

Good call. I think Fernandes has made another knee jerk reaction, just like Mark Hughes. Who is available, Oh, Mark Hughes. Who is available now, Oh, Harry Redknapp. They are the decisions of an amateur. Hughes was on a downward spiral when we got him, Redknapp is now on one too, having been sacked and missing out on the England job. Two bitter men who will drive us into the dust. Fernandes has been a disaster. Why sack the manager, anyway. The players hate each other. Harry won't mend that fractured dressing room. Many will be allies of Hughes, who brought them in on inflated wages. They will be even more upset he has gone. Bring back Ray Wilkins, that's what I say.

And this is the worst.
FUÇK off Jim you Fulham TWÀT.

It Is What It Is !!

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 17:05 - Nov 27 with 424 viewsW7Ranger

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 11:29 - Nov 27 by QPR1882

'Arry is sadly not the answer but he is in a win win situation so there is no pressure on him. If we stay up then he becomes a hero,if we go down then he had no chance of keeping us up after the mess MH left us in,very much like Alan Shearer was when he took over at Newcastle.

'Arry seems to be the fans choice and it seems the owners have gone along with the fans wishes,but who else did they talk to ? was there only candidate 'Arry ? if so that is very poor management.

My choice would have been Martinez and yes i know he is already in a job, remember Aston Villa asking the question ? why didn't we.

For the clubs saviour 'Arry has a very poor record for relegating teams.

Did he relegate any other team other than Southampton?
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 17:20 - Nov 27 with 412 viewsBklynRanger

Yeah but someone with a poor record of relegating teams is exactly what we're looking for.

As opposed to someone with a very strong record of relegating teams!

Get it?!

ROTFLMAO
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 17:24 - Nov 27 with 410 viewsW7Ranger

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 17:20 - Nov 27 by BklynRanger

Yeah but someone with a poor record of relegating teams is exactly what we're looking for.

As opposed to someone with a very strong record of relegating teams!

Get it?!

ROTFLMAO

I was wondering if that's what he meant?! But surely it would be better to say he has a good record of keeping teams up?!
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 17:29 - Nov 27 with 405 viewsbaz_qpr

I think its fair to say Fernandez did not make the decision at all hence his absence this week, he was overruled by his business partners. Hughes had to go and he should have gone after Reading. Whilst I'm not convinced Harry is the manager for the long term I buy the argument that he is the right appointment for the current position. They other alternative was Di matteo who has a recent championship promotion against his name. Any decent young manager from further down the leagues would have run a country mile from this, if you are on the way up the last thing you want is a relegation on your record with a team of players whose weekly wage is equivalent to your monthly at best and who are clearly demotivated yet have long and lucrative contracts
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 18:37 - Nov 27 with 390 viewsWatfordR

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 11:19 - Nov 27 by robith

I'm not really very happy.

Not job wise, he's the right man for the immediate situation we find ourselves in, but long term I'm not so sure. I also hope Fernandes follows Levy's lead and lets him nowhere near the cheque book.

My main issue is he's an absolutely corrupt bellend. But needs must. So I'll bite my lip and get behind the team.

Yeah 100% agree with this.

Amazing the outpouring of indignation we have seen from many on here about the likes of Barton and GP, whilst a bigger c*nt and crook than either of them is welcomed by some with open arms.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024