Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers for December 17:44 - Nov 28 with 1987 viewsVancouverHoop

In advance of a month of winnable matches Cissé and Mackie are the only healthy strikers in the squad. One is off form and the other is a poacher, more than an out-and-out goal score. An injury to either at the moment would be a crippling blow.

So what are the options before January, when other front-men will doubtless be recalled or brought in? Redknapp seems to want everyone playing in their strongest position, at least at present, so moving up a wide player, like Hoilett, or a midfielder such as Diakaté in an emergency role is unlikely. But what about our U21s, one of whom could be selected, even if it is only as a benchwarmer. If the worst happened and Cissé went off injured in the first half on saturday, who does Redknapp bring on. Don't we need somebody, even if inexperienced, to play that position? If so, who are the names in the frame? Or would, say Mackie and Hoilett, just try and play as twin forwards?
Strikers for December on 18:06 - Nov 28 with 1930 viewsTacticalR

"Don't we need somebody, even if inexperienced, to play that position?"

With Green back in goal, I would say Júlio César. Showed he had neat feet on Saturday when dribbling past Rooney.

Air hostess clique

Strikers for December on 18:56 - Nov 28 with 1849 viewsderbyhoop

Our U21 options are Andrade (on loan at Wycombe), Hewitt (on loan at Bury), or Hitchcock, son of the coach.

Hoilett and Mackie can both play as out and out strikers but it is limited. Do we need to get Hulse and Bothroyd back?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Strikers for December on 18:59 - Nov 28 with 1845 viewsVancouverHoop

Strikers for December on 18:56 - Nov 28 by derbyhoop

Our U21 options are Andrade (on loan at Wycombe), Hewitt (on loan at Bury), or Hitchcock, son of the coach.

Hoilett and Mackie can both play as out and out strikers but it is limited. Do we need to get Hulse and Bothroyd back?

I dunno, but they, and DJ Campbell, couldn't be added to the squad until January in any case.
Strikers for December on 20:06 - Nov 28 with 1781 viewsHollowayRanger

hoilett would be my choice has pace decent touch and power shot also liked the goal he got v southampton

but the real problem especially at away games is we have no one to hold up the ball up front,instead more often then not cisse losses it and our defence is back under pressure again!

oh for a helgerson!!!!!!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Strikers for December on 20:14 - Nov 28 with 1771 viewsstansleftfoot

Maximilian Andreas Ehmer, 6'2" 12 stone, 20 year old and ready for the battle, if your big enough your strong enough. I'll guarantee, he will work his socks off for ninety minutes and do exactly what Joe Jordan tells him to do
Strikers for December on 20:20 - Nov 28 with 1757 viewsGloucs_R

What top striker is going to want to join us? DJ plus Charlie Austin would do me-

Poll: Are we staying up?

Strikers for December on 20:33 - Nov 28 with 1747 viewsstansleftfoot

Unless i'm mistaken nobody can join the squad in December?
Strikers for December on 20:51 - Nov 28 with 1725 viewsLowerloftLad

Dj campball would be a gd choice would i be consider darren bent i dont really know

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Login to get fewer ads

Strikers for December on 21:07 - Nov 28 with 1694 viewsHollowayRanger

Strikers for December on 20:51 - Nov 28 by LowerloftLad

Dj campball would be a gd choice would i be consider darren bent i dont really know

yes want dj back but again he's no target man
we need target men

got two knackered ones bothryod hulse and an injured one zamorra

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Strikers for December on 22:04 - Nov 28 with 1619 viewsCiderwithRsie

"Redknapp seems to want everyone playing in their strongest position,"

Its a crazy idea but it might just work. At the very least it'll be a change.
Strikers for December on 22:07 - Nov 28 with 1616 viewsGloucs_R

Would you even have Zamora and AJ in the 25 man squad?

Senior Forwards at the club

Cisse
Mackie
Hoilett
Zamora
AJ
Hulse
Bothroyd
DJ
Hewitt

I just cant see any decent forward signing for us unless its on loan or from a lower league.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Strikers for December on 12:21 - Nov 29 with 1480 viewsQPunkR

Talking of loans, I see Macheda's not getting much game time in Madchester

We could try and snaffle Álvaro Morata on loan from Real Madrid for 6 months though. Well down the pecking order there but has a good eye for goal. Not a target man either but a confident finisher

QPR - "shit but local"

Strikers for December on 12:50 - Nov 29 with 1429 viewsCamberleyR

Our situation at the moment re strikers and Hughesless's decision to let Helguson go makes him look even more of a clueless c*nt.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Strikers for December on 12:53 - Nov 29 with 1416 viewsTacticalR

Strikers for December on 12:50 - Nov 29 by CamberleyR

Our situation at the moment re strikers and Hughesless's decision to let Helguson go makes him look even more of a clueless c*nt.

He had never played for Manchester City reserves, and so had to go.

Air hostess clique

Strikers for December on 13:14 - Nov 29 with 1376 viewskingo

Loic Remy according to the French press.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Strikers for December on 13:23 - Nov 29 with 1363 viewsCamberleyR

Strikers for December on 13:14 - Nov 29 by kingo

Roughly 1 goal every 2.5 games at club level and 1 in 4 at international level.
Might be worth a punt and is the sort of player we should be looking at/scouting rather than the likes of Bent.

Cost Marseille €15 million two years ago.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Strikers for December on 13:35 - Nov 29 with 1344 viewsMetallica_Hoop

He sounds like a vintage champers.

Chateux Loic Remy 1924

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Strikers for December on 13:41 - Nov 29 with 1325 viewspomanjou

You pose some very good questions to which there are very few answers. The best answer is your last sentence and its not a very good one. I'm sure that Harry will get in a couple of decent loan strikers once the window is open but in the meantime another option, if you are of particular persuasion, is to pray.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Strikers for December on 13:44 - Nov 29 with 1309 viewsadhoc_qpr

No chance! We need to stop wasting our time aiming for players like Remy who have better options and get realistic.

Have we learnt nothing from watching Swansea's success with players like Michu etc?
Strikers for December on 14:02 - Nov 29 with 1286 viewskingo

Strikers for December on 13:44 - Nov 29 by adhoc_qpr

No chance! We need to stop wasting our time aiming for players like Remy who have better options and get realistic.

Have we learnt nothing from watching Swansea's success with players like Michu etc?

Marseille are desperate for money, L'Euipe reckons 10m euros. But as you say it depends if better offers come up from elsewhere.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Strikers for December on 14:29 - Nov 29 with 1251 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Strikers for December on 14:02 - Nov 29 by kingo

Marseille are desperate for money, L'Euipe reckons 10m euros. But as you say it depends if better offers come up from elsewhere.

Can't we let them keep Barton for good as part of deal?
Strikers for December on 15:27 - Nov 29 with 1190 viewskensalriser

Most of all we need a striker who isn't injured, hasn't had a recent injury and is scoring at his current club. We don't have the time to wait for a misfit to get up to speed, nor the luxury of taking the risk.

DJ back in Jan is a no-brainer.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Strikers for December on 15:55 - Nov 29 with 1167 viewsHayesender

Might it be worth giving Hogan a go up front?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Strikers for December on 16:28 - Nov 29 with 1139 viewstom007

hoilett is the obvious choice until january but i would certainly give andrade a chance very soon as i beleive he is if not ready then very nearly.

i think harry should take him to one side and say prove you are up to it and give him a go.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024