Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get off Colemans and Bells back 12:08 - Dec 2 with 10068 viewsdalehead89

I am an avid reader of this site but i have never decided to comment until now , i was at the game yesterday and i am in no way going to say it was good because we were poor but we did get better in the second half , he is right with what he said we do need to start games better , but it shows that his half time talks are having some impact its now down to the players to get out there from the word go instead of needing a rollicking to start playing!.What any manager needs is support we are still in a decent position to go up all be it probably through the play offs. If we was in the bottom two then fine slag him and get rid but we are not.
Get off Colemans and Bells back on 12:18 - Dec 2 with 4773 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

In the 11 months he has been with us, we have dropped an average of one place per month, with a home record worse than Vic Halom's.

On Saturday we will be approaching the crowds Vic's team played in front of!

Bottom 2? Becareful what you wish for!

I believe JC has killed Rochdale football club and everything it stood for, I guess now we will just have to wait and see how long before we're burried!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 12:19 - Dec 2 with 4756 viewsdalehead89

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 12:18 - Dec 2 by SteTsGoldenBoot

In the 11 months he has been with us, we have dropped an average of one place per month, with a home record worse than Vic Halom's.

I believe JC has killed Rochdale football club and everything it stood for, I guess now we will just have to wait and see how long before we're burried!

a pathetic reply
Get off Colemans and Bells back on 12:30 - Dec 2 with 4724 viewsRotherhamDale

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 12:19 - Dec 2 by dalehead89

a pathetic reply

Why is it? Nothing in that reply is pathetic, it's truthful and a persons opinion.

Possession with progression.

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 12:36 - Dec 2 with 4709 viewsdalehead89

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 12:30 - Dec 2 by RotherhamDale

Why is it? Nothing in that reply is pathetic, it's truthful and a persons opinion.

Coleman has ruined Rochdale football club ??? what a load of shite
Get off Colemans and Bells back on 12:41 - Dec 2 with 4692 viewsmightydale

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 12:36 - Dec 2 by dalehead89

Come on explain why its a load of shite

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 12:41 - Dec 2 with 4690 viewschuckleberry

a pathetic reply
Get off Colemans and Bells back on 12:45 - Dec 2 with 4676 viewsToffeemanc

Valid opinion in my view and one i totally agree with. Maybe you should just go back to reading and not posting if you can't remove those Coleman tinted glasses.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 12:46 - Dec 2 with 4671 viewsdalehead89

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 12:41 - Dec 2 by mightydale

Come on explain why its a load of shite

Well how has he single handily ruined Rochdale football club ? we have played well this season fair enough its mostly away and as i said earlier we are still around the play off spots and i think we will be in the finals we just need to get some luck as well . I am not defending yesterdays performance by any way
Login to get fewer ads

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 12:53 - Dec 2 with 4655 viewselectricblue

I for one cant see the point in calling for JC head....
Just look where we are in the league compared to last season for christs sake....
JC had to completely rebuild a squad last summer and if Dale finish in the top seven thats a bonus..
As ive said before it takes time to build a squad and hillcroft managed to get promoted in how many seasons?...
JC will do the same....
I firmly believe two or three decent loanees come January will see Dale push on...
When we had the calamity of Eyre and Beech in control last season how many where shouting for JC to become manager! and now how many of you who wanted him as manager are calling for his head....pathetic let him get on with it....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:21 - Dec 2 with 4604 viewsdalehead89

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 12:53 - Dec 2 by electricblue

I for one cant see the point in calling for JC head....
Just look where we are in the league compared to last season for christs sake....
JC had to completely rebuild a squad last summer and if Dale finish in the top seven thats a bonus..
As ive said before it takes time to build a squad and hillcroft managed to get promoted in how many seasons?...
JC will do the same....
I firmly believe two or three decent loanees come January will see Dale push on...
When we had the calamity of Eyre and Beech in control last season how many where shouting for JC to become manager! and now how many of you who wanted him as manager are calling for his head....pathetic let him get on with it....

well said that man
Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:24 - Dec 2 with 4590 viewsDorsetDale

Seems to me that if this league was anywhere near the same strength of 3 or 4 seasons ago we may well be very close to the bottom two!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:31 - Dec 2 with 4573 viewsRAFC_1994

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:24 - Dec 2 by DorsetDale

Seems to me that if this league was anywhere near the same strength of 3 or 4 seasons ago we may well be very close to the bottom two!

My thoughts exactly.
Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:32 - Dec 2 with 4569 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 12:19 - Dec 2 by dalehead89

a pathetic reply

I guess all we can do is wait and see.

It took 25 years to build our fan base towards the 3,300+ mark!

How long to return it to half that amount?

We got lazy when things were good and we just sold one of the crown jewels Hilcroft produced.

We are no where near stopping this rot yet, let alone turning it around!

I hope I am wrong, but as I said one place per month we have dropped under JC (not the messiah), I reckon we will end up between 14th-16th this season.

Pathetic reply (save you posting)

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:36 - Dec 2 with 4555 viewsfitzochris

The Wembley season under Hilly, in which the likes of very good Posh and MK Dons sides were in this division, would have seen the squad we have now struggle for sure.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:45 - Dec 2 with 4534 viewsTVOS1907

If there is any killing of the club going on, the first stabs happened before Coleman arrived.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:47 - Dec 2 with 4523 viewsSalwaDale

This is my opinion:

I think Coleman is doing a little better than I expected and, judging by results, I think we should all be pretty happy. We have definitely got a superb team spirit.
However I don't like the 'hoof it up to Dele' approach we seem to take. I don't like the needless lunging slide tackles so many of the players seem to do. I definitely don't like the diving and rolling around we seem to enjoy so much (I think Ricardo may have been correct). We've even got centre backs doing it. I also don't like the rumours of us trashing hotels and whatnot.

Looking at the big picture I'm fairly happy with what we've got as I think we're doing ok and I can live with some of the things I don't like. I will look back very, very fondly on the years where we played a brand of football that was just entertaining every game with a togetherness in the team and a level of professionalism that I didn't think would ever exist at Rochdale.

So, forward we march with Coleman. That is unless there is ever any chance of us returning to what we had before, whether that is with Flitcroft or Hill in charge but yes, I would happily take the risk of sacking a manager that isn't actually doing too badly if either of those became available (and I know many say bridges have been well and truly burned). Would I rid of Coleman for anybody else - definitely not.

TBBT

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:48 - Dec 2 with 4521 views49thseason

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:45 - Dec 2 by TVOS1907

If there is any killing of the club going on, the first stabs happened before Coleman arrived.

Maybe but the patient needed a doctor at that point not a psychopath
Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:49 - Dec 2 with 4518 viewsTVOS1907

It's a valid point, DD, but not really relevant.

By the same token, I don't think this season's League 1 is as strong as it was last year. If it had been less strong last year, we might have stayed up. And if it had been stronger the year before, we might not have finished ninth. And if Perkins hadn't been sent-off, we might have gone on to win at Wembley, etc...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:55 - Dec 2 with 4498 viewsDorsetDale

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:48 - Dec 2 by 49thseason

Maybe but the patient needed a doctor at that point not a psychopath

More like the patient recognised the symptoms and even knew the remedy but refused to self medicate to the point where the symptoms persisted and the patient woke up in hospital.

Time will only tell whether or not the patient has been administered the best carer.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 14:03 - Dec 2 with 4475 viewsDorsetDale

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 13:49 - Dec 2 by TVOS1907

It's a valid point, DD, but not really relevant.

By the same token, I don't think this season's League 1 is as strong as it was last year. If it had been less strong last year, we might have stayed up. And if it had been stronger the year before, we might not have finished ninth. And if Perkins hadn't been sent-off, we might have gone on to win at Wembley, etc...

Aye, ifs, buts and maybes etc..

The relevance is whether or not the management are capable of building a team able to hold it's own in stronger circumstances (as surely next season will be) with our budget.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 14:05 - Dec 2 with 4468 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

i wasn't at the match but i do think people get dramatic wow 2 back to back losses big deal last time that happened. I'm sure we went on to get back to back wins against AFC Wombles and Rotherham United. I haven't been on since beginning of the week but hell has broken out

I learn something this weekend at our friends at London Road no matter how bad their doing at the moment their still backing Fergie Jr, I think we all need a reality check and take a leep out of Posh's book

JOHN COLEMAN'S BARMY ARMY

ROCHDALE TILL I DIE

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 14:08 - Dec 2 with 4459 viewsSalwaDale

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 14:05 - Dec 2 by DaleAwaydayBot

i wasn't at the match but i do think people get dramatic wow 2 back to back losses big deal last time that happened. I'm sure we went on to get back to back wins against AFC Wombles and Rotherham United. I haven't been on since beginning of the week but hell has broken out

I learn something this weekend at our friends at London Road no matter how bad their doing at the moment their still backing Fergie Jr, I think we all need a reality check and take a leep out of Posh's book

JOHN COLEMAN'S BARMY ARMY

ROCHDALE TILL I DIE

To be completely fair though Tazz, you have to ask why they still back Fergie Jr. Is it something to do with the success he has already brought to the club playing a brand of entertaining football that scores goals. He then left, didn't do so well at a different club before returning to London Road and bringing success again. If we are ever in that position I bet we'd back the manager too.

TBBT

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 14:18 - Dec 2 with 4442 viewsColDale

talk of the league not being as strong as it was four or five years ago is amusing as they were precisely the comments that were being said around four or five years ago. Its almost as if we get all misty eyed at the quality in this division as if a handful of years ago, it was on a par with the Champions League.

Reality is that it is almost impossible to compare seasons with seasons gone by. What does stand up to comparison is how we have fared in comparison with the other relegated sides. We were undoubtedly the worst of the four relegated sides last season, yet despite having less funds to work with, we are somehow doing better than all three of them so we are clearly doing something right.

And again, judging by the comments over the Summer, we are in a position which most supporters would have taken in the Summer. There was no real expectation of an immediate return to League One (in fact I think it was only Coleman who mentioned that) so again there's not many who can claim that this season is something of a disaster.

Of course, until the home form is sorted there will always be legitimate concerns. I said it a couple of weeks back, there will probably be regular home supporters who have yet to see us even with this season. And those same supporters must think we are doolally when we start raving about how well we are playing away from home at times. The home form is the bread and butter and is being used as a yardstick much more than the league position or points tally is.

I think at time we underestimate the job that Coleman has had to do at Spotland. Had we stuck with Eyre, we would have been facing back to back relegations. The damage done with Eyre's appointment will never be fully appreciated by supporters. Since coming in, he has had to totally rebuild the dressing room which was rampant with cliques and bad attitude. I don't think comparisons with Chelsea would have been wide of the mark. Let's not forget just how bad things got that we had first team players airing the club's dirty laundry on here.

So Coleman's first job over the Summer was to get a committed first team squad all working for the cause. I think he's pretty much managed to get that sorted and the players buy into Coleman's belief. Yes, he's stuck pretty much to the tried and trusted in doing so but I believe signings of the likes of McIntyre and Cavanagh are short term signings that were needed to help rebuild that dressing room.

Of course, Coleman has made mistakes and has continued to do so. His Summer recruitment saw him restricted to a rigid style of playing, the home form is a problem that isn't being resolved, we've got on field discipline issues from our more experienced players and I can't stand the constant attempts to con the officials.

And of course, there are problems that Coleman is not responsible for that are being attributed to him. That lack of a buzz about things and the detachment from the club would have been inevitable whoever was running things.

But what I do trust Coleman to do is to get things right long term. Unlike his predecessor, there is a long term plan in place and for the transfer windows, there will already be ideas for replacements and improvements - perhaps players that weren't available at the time but have become so (I look forward to the inevitable comments when we sign Dean Winnard in the Summer). Much of this trust stems from his time at Accy where the job he did was beyond reproach, so maybe there's something of a leap of faith in doing so.

But as I said, until the home form gets sorted, we'll end up with the same old conversations on here. We're a hard set of buggers to please at times.
Get off Colemans and Bells back on 14:19 - Dec 2 with 4435 viewsolympicdale

Bloody 'ell cheer up, bottom 2?? good grief

I dont understand this animosity towards Coleman, and talks of him "killing the club" seem well over the top, what is your reasoning into thinking this, a couple of former players and we all want to hang him out to dry. Rochdale fc have had some shite as managers, but they have never been described as killing the club.

Life is a game of fate.

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 14:23 - Dec 2 with 4423 viewsChaffRAFC

Get off Colemans and Bells back on 14:18 - Dec 2 by ColDale

talk of the league not being as strong as it was four or five years ago is amusing as they were precisely the comments that were being said around four or five years ago. Its almost as if we get all misty eyed at the quality in this division as if a handful of years ago, it was on a par with the Champions League.

Reality is that it is almost impossible to compare seasons with seasons gone by. What does stand up to comparison is how we have fared in comparison with the other relegated sides. We were undoubtedly the worst of the four relegated sides last season, yet despite having less funds to work with, we are somehow doing better than all three of them so we are clearly doing something right.

And again, judging by the comments over the Summer, we are in a position which most supporters would have taken in the Summer. There was no real expectation of an immediate return to League One (in fact I think it was only Coleman who mentioned that) so again there's not many who can claim that this season is something of a disaster.

Of course, until the home form is sorted there will always be legitimate concerns. I said it a couple of weeks back, there will probably be regular home supporters who have yet to see us even with this season. And those same supporters must think we are doolally when we start raving about how well we are playing away from home at times. The home form is the bread and butter and is being used as a yardstick much more than the league position or points tally is.

I think at time we underestimate the job that Coleman has had to do at Spotland. Had we stuck with Eyre, we would have been facing back to back relegations. The damage done with Eyre's appointment will never be fully appreciated by supporters. Since coming in, he has had to totally rebuild the dressing room which was rampant with cliques and bad attitude. I don't think comparisons with Chelsea would have been wide of the mark. Let's not forget just how bad things got that we had first team players airing the club's dirty laundry on here.

So Coleman's first job over the Summer was to get a committed first team squad all working for the cause. I think he's pretty much managed to get that sorted and the players buy into Coleman's belief. Yes, he's stuck pretty much to the tried and trusted in doing so but I believe signings of the likes of McIntyre and Cavanagh are short term signings that were needed to help rebuild that dressing room.

Of course, Coleman has made mistakes and has continued to do so. His Summer recruitment saw him restricted to a rigid style of playing, the home form is a problem that isn't being resolved, we've got on field discipline issues from our more experienced players and I can't stand the constant attempts to con the officials.

And of course, there are problems that Coleman is not responsible for that are being attributed to him. That lack of a buzz about things and the detachment from the club would have been inevitable whoever was running things.

But what I do trust Coleman to do is to get things right long term. Unlike his predecessor, there is a long term plan in place and for the transfer windows, there will already be ideas for replacements and improvements - perhaps players that weren't available at the time but have become so (I look forward to the inevitable comments when we sign Dean Winnard in the Summer). Much of this trust stems from his time at Accy where the job he did was beyond reproach, so maybe there's something of a leap of faith in doing so.

But as I said, until the home form gets sorted, we'll end up with the same old conversations on here. We're a hard set of buggers to please at times.

I've not posted much on here since last night because I've been stuck for how to put my point across but you've gone and done it for me.

Fantastic post which is 100% bang on.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024