Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! 17:35 - Feb 10 with 4570 viewsmacclesfieldman

Watching a brilliant hard fought Ireland v England 6 Nations Match today made me realise more than ever what a bunch of useless, over paid millionairre prima donas play for QPR and England (football). I honestly don't care if QPR survive or are relegated, there are too many players that are there for the money and don't care. The team Warnock got us promoted would beat todays team hands down. Rant over!

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 21:41 - Feb 11 with 1137 viewsnewgolddream

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 14:40 - Feb 11 by BromleyHoop

Rugby Union used to be a fantastic game, full of speed, agility, skill and physicality. Now, due to rule changes and an influx of ex league players and coaches, it is far more reliant on physical strength than it should be.

Great players like Barry John, Jeremy Gusgott, JJ Williams and Gerald Davies would not have lasted 10 minutes in a modern Rugby Union game. And the game is poorer for that fact.

The Ireland v England game was a particularly hard, dour and physical affair.

Regardless of your sport or allegiance there is beauty, skill and excitement in this clip of how Fantastic Union used to be.

going off the subject for a tad but how do you get a picture or indeed utube on your post???????
Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 21:54 - Feb 11 with 1130 viewsJuzzie

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 21:41 - Feb 11 by newgolddream

going off the subject for a tad but how do you get a picture or indeed utube on your post???????

Copy and paste the full URL. That's it. No need for code, brackets etc.

For my tuppence, darts is not a sport, it's a game.

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 22:01 - Feb 11 with 1122 viewsTHEBUSH

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 07:45 - Feb 11 by derbyhoop

Rugby union is a far more technical game than football. A wide range of skills is required. And that's before you take in the physicality.

Difficult to compare the two games, but hope you've never played football against a Rugby player, as they are lethal, no footballing skill what-so-ever.
Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 22:14 - Feb 11 with 1110 viewsMrSheen

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 15:40 - Feb 11 by robith

Though both those players have gone nowhere in their careers because of their "I'M FAMOUS" attitudes and both are now considered total jokes

Cipriani is undoubtedly a tool, but I think his career never recovered after this, and you can understand why.

I'm a bit less harsh Union than I used to be. It's not that the players are not skilful, it's just that their fitness levels mean that the pitch isn't big enough for 30 of them, and the rules on offside and contested possession mean that it it's much safer bet to boot the ball away and let the other team deal with it at their end.

An additional depressing factor is all the hype about the six nations, which fills the players with fear of risk and encourages the reckless aggression Cian Healy showed yesterday. By playing up the patriotic rivalry, the authorities can get one over on more parochial rivals (eg, League here and in France, GAA in Ireland), and fill the stands with glory-chasing corporate hoorays, the sort of people who'd rather have another free drink at half-time, than, you know, actually watch the game.

For some rugby thrills that come from the last twelve months, not 40 years ago, here's the best of NRL Season 2012. The fun starts again in a few weeks. It says a lot about the grip of the evil empire that the clip begins with a cheesey Union-themed ad for a German "executive" car that will cost you 30 grand, but the action really explodes about 4 minutes in. Keep your eyes open for Ben Barba (Bulldogs), Benji Marshall (Tigers) and Matt Bowen (Cowboys), three brilliant players who are too small for the "Game for All Shapes and Sizes".

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 22:19 - Feb 11 with 1107 viewsderbyhoop

A former QPR Youth team player won the World Cup? Who was he?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 22:20 - Feb 11 with 1104 viewsMrSheen

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 22:19 - Feb 11 by derbyhoop

A former QPR Youth team player won the World Cup? Who was he?

Not Cipriani, he wasn't playing in 2003. John Gallagher?

Here's another QPR youth teamer in a different sport, Darran O'Sullivan of Kerry. Did anyone know him?

By the way, I posted that by opening another window, highlighting and copying the URL, writing my message, then pasting the URL into the box. The same goes for .jpg files, go to the original image once you have clicked the Google image, and copy and paste the URL
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 23:27 - Feb 11 with 1087 viewsGetMeRangers

That was not a brilliant game to give as an example. It does depend for what reason you watch sport. If you care to add atmosphere to the equation, the ability for supporters to mix and for effort, I feel RU has a lot to offer, particualrly in the West country where it is the working mans game.

It is rare for me to be able to get to watch the R's (have to be in Gloucester for weekends)but have been a few times to watch Gloucester. Standing on the terraces, enjoying a beer or two and top level rugby, especially under the lights, is not dissimilar to the old days of football terraces. Having endured some dull times watching football over the years, I yet to be disappointed in games i have watched in the last twelve months.

Not quite as cheap as everyone makes out. Standing £22 and £5 for kids. Great in the pubs and bars beforehand with opposing fans mixing and great banter

Slightly odd, but relegation for the Rs means I will get to see them more witht he return of Friday night games and more midweek... not that I am wishing it, mind
Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 23:42 - Feb 11 with 1079 viewsnewgolddream

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 21:54 - Feb 11 by Juzzie

Copy and paste the full URL. That's it. No need for code, brackets etc.

For my tuppence, darts is not a sport, it's a game.

Ta very much. Could be right bout darts but tell The Power!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 00:00 - Feb 12 with 1075 viewsrobith

I always find it amusing when people call rugby players toffs as I play in the Surrey merit leagues and you'd very much struggle to find a toff there!
Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 19:12 - Feb 12 with 1039 viewsnewgolddream

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 23:42 - Feb 11 by newgolddream

Ta very much. Could be right bout darts but tell The Power!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024