Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In Tony Fernandes we trust. 21:52 - Apr 28 with 4049 viewsBrightonhoop

...A rare and decent man in Football. When was the last time you heard a Chairman say 'sorry' for relegation? Some have very short memories and need to go and watch 4 Year Plan again.

Judging by Mark Hughes and the company he keeps, the signings he made, Boswinga laughing away down the tunnel, it would be cheaper to put contracts out on these low life ewer dwelling vermin that have visited a pox on this Club after all we achieved to return from the brink and the Paladini, Tango and Cash era. Very tired of Harry's empty fighting talk without improvement on the pitch week in week out. After Chelcsum away there was hope. After Wigan there was none. Seeing Harry laughing at the end for me puts the Jury out on him. Based on performances I wouldn't miss him. I'd have Warnock back tomorrow.

We are lucky to have TF at the helm; I believe the mistakes made were made in good faith, the look on his face at the end today said it all, it was the pain of a suppporter as well as the financial hit. Rednapp spent £20 Mil in January to get us relegated. Not impressed.

We will bounce back, But wholesale change needs to occurr. Led by TF and someone more football savvy than Mr Beard.
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 12:23 - Apr 29 with 731 viewsQPR_John

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 01:48 - Apr 29 by mygeneration

People can make mistakes and say sorry. Respect for that

But even greater respect if they can learn from their mistakes. So far by taking out a loan with Loftus Road as an asset in order to buy a stadium our current attendance would not seem to justify I am not sure.

Back to the stadium again. Yesterday there were 23,000 at Reading and believe me at the old Elm Park ground they never got anything like that. This was a game between two relegated teams but was attended by 5000+ more than we can hope for. At a conservative £30 a go that's £150,000 or 2850000 over a Premier League season, more if you factor in food/beer/programs. We cannot cope with such a discrepancy in income if we wish to come anyway near self sufficiency. An added point is that in reality Loftus Road is not even a Championship ground.
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 12:26 - Apr 29 with 724 viewsnadera78

What evidence is there to support placing your trust in Tony Fernandes? Every decision he's made so far has been wrong.
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 12:27 - Apr 29 with 719 viewsWeaverQPR

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 12:26 - Apr 29 by nadera78

What evidence is there to support placing your trust in Tony Fernandes? Every decision he's made so far has been wrong.

He's a nice guy what more do you need!

@WeavQPR

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 12:35 - Apr 29 with 707 viewsQPR_John

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but hand on heart if Warnock, Hughes or Redknapp had made it known that they wanted a player and Fernandes had refused how many "another Briatore" type posts would there have been.
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 12:48 - Apr 29 with 696 viewsNov77

TF has just tweeted this picture

and called it 'the future'. I'm having serious doubts about this man's sanity. He's just peed £100m up against the wall buying mercenaries and now he expects us to believe our team are going to be full of academy players.

Deluded.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 12:48 - Apr 29 with 696 viewsisawqpratwcity

Absurd statement.

And even when he has been wrong, it's because he was making decisions about managers according to perceived best interests of the club, or to support those managers in their choices, usually at considerable personal expense.

TF is a very good, committed owner.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 12:50 - Apr 29 with 689 viewsCharlie1

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 12:48 - Apr 29 by Nov77

TF has just tweeted this picture

and called it 'the future'. I'm having serious doubts about this man's sanity. He's just peed £100m up against the wall buying mercenaries and now he expects us to believe our team are going to be full of academy players.

Deluded.

Perhaps a tad harsh.

We do need an academy to stop the scatter gun approach in the market.

Is the acadamy going to bear fruits now? No. But over the next 5 - 10 years plus - would hope so.
That would be a legacy for TF and co to be proud of.

2:59 baby!

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 12:53 - Apr 29 with 682 viewsNov77

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 12:48 - Apr 29 by isawqpratwcity

Absurd statement.

And even when he has been wrong, it's because he was making decisions about managers according to perceived best interests of the club, or to support those managers in their choices, usually at considerable personal expense.

TF is a very good, committed owner.

I would say he got the small decisions right, i.e. communicating with fans, listening to them, bringing back the old badge etc. but the big decisions he has got horribly wrong especialy on transfer policy and allowing managers to bring greedy shysters in who were only ever coming here for the money.

Have a feeling he's a bit of patsy, right intentions, but played for a fool by the likes of Hughes and players agents.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 12:58 - Apr 29 with 669 viewsTGRRRSSS

Why can't we look more to the Crewe focus but a higher level standard - coupled with new ground etc. All possible if you get it right and have the right people in place, and the belief in youngsters coming through - taslking long term here not next 2 or 3 years.
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 13:06 - Apr 29 with 660 viewsdaveB

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 22:59 - Apr 28 by Brightonhoop

My point was HR could have spent fark all to relegate us but he spent £20 Mil on assetts that wont pay back and on wages no else will pay. £20 Mil to get relegated! Seriously underwhelmed by Harry Redknapp.

so you don't think we'll get our money back on Remy then? I thought although he spent a lot the signings were pretty good, only thing I would have changed in hindsight would have been to use the Samba money to sign a different centre half and a target man.
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 13:10 - Apr 29 with 655 viewsNov77

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 13:06 - Apr 29 by daveB

so you don't think we'll get our money back on Remy then? I thought although he spent a lot the signings were pretty good, only thing I would have changed in hindsight would have been to use the Samba money to sign a different centre half and a target man.

Could have just played onuaha there instead, wouldn't have been any worse.

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 13:17 - Apr 29 with 639 viewsbaz_qpr

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 13:06 - Apr 29 by daveB

Not sure that not signing Samba would have made any difference, HR spent the entire window trying to get two forwards practically everyone turned us down apart from Crouch and Odemwingie and we could not get either club to sell because they could not get in a replacement.

I thought Samba was the best out there available, he was decent when he first came in, but has struggled recently and as per any player that does not have a pre-season he does not look fully fit.

Can understate how damaging the loss of Nelson was the only true leader in the team.
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 13:24 - Apr 29 with 630 viewsheadhoops

for everyone laying into TF - 4 words and not -
he's a nicy guy.

Palladini, Tango and Cash.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 13:34 - Apr 29 with 624 viewsPinnerPaul

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 22:30 - Apr 28 by TheBlob

Just as a matter of interest.
Everybody's so f*cking smart about the £20m that allegedly was "squandered",who would you have signed at short notice from the gallery of nonentities that were available at Christmas?And don't tell me at the time people thought Samba was a bad move.

You're right Blob, when it looked like Flav was not going to spend any money after we got promoted, many were saying that if we stuck with the team that won us promotion we would be lucky to beat Derby's record low points total.

As you say, most of our signings have been met with almost universal approval at the time and why not, ON PAPER they nearly all looked an improvement on what we had.

Before the Swansea game, I looked at the team AND the bench (inc Zamora and Johnson) and. like many, thought, this is going to be a great season.

Imagine, the flak TF would have got at the time if he had vetoed any signings?
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 15:39 - Apr 29 with 602 viewsChicken

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 04:02 - Apr 29 by MelakaRanger

Absolutely

Too many people using hindsight as foresight! Too many people who just like to slag off rather than offer constructive criticism.

Get behind Tony and his partners and support them in word and deed!

Tonys mistakes have been in putting his trust in supposed 'professionals' that were supposed to be at 'the top' of their field.

He has been let down by a number of management and players. All who are laughing all the way to the bank on the basis of their rank performances.

It may take a couple of seasons to fix things, but fix things he will! Failure is not a word in his vocabulary.

Now is the time to 'keep the faith'.

This buffoon will drive QPR into admin - he has to go - and I believe he will. New ground, new training complex, blah, blah - it's his default mode.
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 15:42 - Apr 29 with 539 viewsdaveB

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 13:10 - Apr 29 by Nov77

Could have just played onuaha there instead, wouldn't have been any worse.

could have done but at the time I along with everyone else thought Samba was a good signing so can't really slate them for that one
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 15:45 - Apr 29 with 531 viewsDesertBoot

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 15:39 - Apr 29 by Chicken

This buffoon will drive QPR into admin - he has to go - and I believe he will. New ground, new training complex, blah, blah - it's his default mode.

He's far from blameless but "buffoon" is very harsh

Wish I could be like David Watts

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 16:17 - Apr 29 with 513 viewsJuzzie

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 15:45 - Apr 29 by DesertBoot

He's far from blameless but "buffoon" is very harsh

Yes.

also..... "he has to go". So, who will come in then?

Buy the club for £1 and take on £90m+ in debt.

Doubt it.

Thankfully our debts are all in-house, apart from that recent £15m loan which is attached to off-field matters.

What can the owners actually do? Can they effectively dissolve the club without having any bankruptcy charges against them hindering other business areas?

Also, lets not forget that QPR is not a self-entity. It's part of a much bigger organisation, the Tune Group, who are tripling their Air Asia fleet making spending on the football club look like chicken feed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024