Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sutherland 13:32 - Apr 30 with 5523 viewsGeorge_Milton

Expect to see him on the bench on sat
Sutherland on 15:29 - Apr 30 with 1382 viewsWallyRanger

Sutherland on 15:22 - Apr 30 by Northernr

Hmmmm, he had been better recently but I thought Reading on Sunday is as bad as he's been all season.

He wasn't the best player on the pitch by any means but he was decent enough, even if he wasn't exactly breaking too much of a sweat and made one or two mistakes I thought he did okay to be fair.
Sutherland on 15:31 - Apr 30 with 1372 viewsQPunkR

Sutherland on 15:27 - Apr 30 by TW_R

Offer much improvement!! F*ck me Dave, have you not been watching this season? At least someone like Harriman might give a shit, no? I'd prefer to see him playing his arse off in the next 3 games than Bosingwa fannying about that's for sure. What the f*ck have we got to lose?

This, this and thrice this

QPR - "shit but local"

Sutherland on 15:51 - Apr 30 with 1341 viewsNorthernr

Sutherland on 15:28 - Apr 30 by JonDoeman

This thread is about Sutherland , how good is he ? I hear he has a chance.

I think I've seen him half a dozen times now, which isn't really enough to form any solid judgements, but things I've noticed so far are his excellent dead ball delivery but obvious lack of pace.
Sutherland on 15:59 - Apr 30 with 1329 viewsnadera78

I'd rather see these lads out there than the current bunch of chancers. If I was I charge I'd have already told most of them to empty there lockers. Absolute waste of everyones time to put the likes of Bosingwa, Granero and Park out in any of our remaining games. They couldn't give a sh*t when we had something to play for.
Sutherland on 16:00 - Apr 30 with 1327 viewsdaveB

Sutherland on 15:27 - Apr 30 by TW_R

Offer much improvement!! F*ck me Dave, have you not been watching this season? At least someone like Harriman might give a shit, no? I'd prefer to see him playing his arse off in the next 3 games than Bosingwa fannying about that's for sure. What the f*ck have we got to lose?

I just don't think throwing them into this team will do their development any good and as bad as we've been this season i'm not really sure these kids are any better, they might try harder but it's a ruthless league that could do more harm than good to them
Sutherland on 16:02 - Apr 30 with 1323 viewsnadera78

Sutherland on 16:00 - Apr 30 by daveB

I just don't think throwing them into this team will do their development any good and as bad as we've been this season i'm not really sure these kids are any better, they might try harder but it's a ruthless league that could do more harm than good to them

Why should any of us turn up at Loftus Rd to watch Bosingwa, etc walk around for 90 minutes? And have to pay for the privilege.
Sutherland on 16:12 - Apr 30 with 1311 viewsbaz_qpr

I like Ehmer dont see any others that might make the leap sadly
Sutherland on 16:13 - Apr 30 with 1310 viewsNorthernr

Sutherland on 16:02 - Apr 30 by nadera78

Why should any of us turn up at Loftus Rd to watch Bosingwa, etc walk around for 90 minutes? And have to pay for the privilege.

To be fair Dave makes a sound point. I remember the Stockport game he mentions well when we got absolutely destroyed by a dreadful team, Cochrane got sent off etc. While I'd certainly be inclined to give Ehmer and Harriman run outs, three thrashings wouldn't do them much good at all whereas three thrashings wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to Bosingwa and co.
Login to get fewer ads

Sutherland on 16:15 - Apr 30 with 1305 viewsdaveB

Sutherland on 16:02 - Apr 30 by nadera78

I'm not suggesting Bosingwa should play, I just don't think we should throw kids into this mess.
Sutherland on 17:05 - Apr 30 with 1263 viewsTW_R

Sutherland on 16:13 - Apr 30 by Northernr

To be fair Dave makes a sound point. I remember the Stockport game he mentions well when we got absolutely destroyed by a dreadful team, Cochrane got sent off etc. While I'd certainly be inclined to give Ehmer and Harriman run outs, three thrashings wouldn't do them much good at all whereas three thrashings wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to Bosingwa and co.

Conversely a couple of good, close games against the likes of Arsenal or Newcastle could do them the world of good.

3 thrashings is nowhere near enough for Bosingwa. He needs some floggings and a couple of good kickings to boot.
Sutherland on 17:23 - Apr 30 with 1248 viewsfLaMeBoY

Sutherland on 14:49 - Apr 30 by Rangersw12

That is a load of rubbish it fell through as they wanted players who would hit the ground running not a young kid making his way in professional football

So give the kid a chance before you character assassinate him and he supports Rangers

Hey - only passing on the info I was told by someone directly involved with Pompey. Thought it was common knowledge.
But hey, Applerton did fall out with a number of players (Magri).
Sutherland on 17:56 - Apr 30 with 1224 views100percent

Sutherland on 14:28 - Apr 30 by Northernr

Hard to say Dave. Perhaps not Arsenal, because the last thing they need is to be involved in a 5-0 6-0 type thing in their first game. But Newcastle and Liverpool would be good experience, and can't possibly do any worse. Would introduce players with something to play for, improve the mood of the crowd, give us something to support etc. Certainly wouldn't object to seeing Ehmer or Harriman in the final two games. They're the only two that have any chance of making it from what I've seen - and it's only a small chance.

seriously? you think their introduction would change the mood of the crowd?
the only thing that would change the mood of the crowd at present would be a public flogging or a token hanging or two.
I do not understand why we would want to bring a couple of potential decent kids into the poisonous atmosphere that will be evident at the next couple of home games. Players are going to be picked out and there is going to be some serious insults flying about - not the sort of atmosphere we are looking to blood some contenders into.....
Sutherland on 18:23 - Apr 30 with 1204 viewswortonranger

Sutherland on 13:39 - Apr 30 by headhoops

and has he got any brothers and do they quiver?

should have been happy at Pompey cos of the chance of sailing -or maybe a lifeboat was needed? (I reckon I'm the ony other 70's sado on here)
Sutherland on 19:06 - Apr 30 with 1167 viewsBAWHoops

Well the reserves just lost 3-1 to Reading with Harriman (c), Yun, Sutherland and Andrade playing....

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Sutherland on 19:54 - Apr 30 with 1144 viewsderbyhoop

As much as I'd like to see the youngsters given a chance, they have to be ready. I don't think Sutherland has improved enough this season to justify a place in the first team squad. The collapse of his loan to Pompey didn't help.

I'd be reluctant to use any against an in-form Arsenal who are bidding for a Champions League slot, but I'd be tempted to give 1 or 2 some experience, probably from the bench, in the other 2 games. Harriman and Ehmer are probably the best bets.

Remember we will probably have Zamora,Samba and Townsend back on Saturday.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sutherland on 20:49 - Apr 30 with 1089 viewsraskolnikov

Dominated the game, should have had it wrapped up by half time, cursed their luck, let three in durirng the second half - they have clerarly been learning from the first team then
Sutherland on 21:03 - Apr 30 with 1073 viewsElHoop

Sutherland on 18:23 - Apr 30 by wortonranger

should have been happy at Pompey cos of the chance of sailing -or maybe a lifeboat was needed? (I reckon I'm the ony other 70's sado on here)

Arms of Hary? A mate of mine used to go on about them all the time. He was a Squeeze fan too. And he liked the Eagles.
Sutherland on 23:14 - Apr 30 with 1020 viewsNorthernr

Sutherland on 17:56 - Apr 30 by 100percent

seriously? you think their introduction would change the mood of the crowd?
the only thing that would change the mood of the crowd at present would be a public flogging or a token hanging or two.
I do not understand why we would want to bring a couple of potential decent kids into the poisonous atmosphere that will be evident at the next couple of home games. Players are going to be picked out and there is going to be some serious insults flying about - not the sort of atmosphere we are looking to blood some contenders into.....

Well, do I think the ground would be packed out with people singing and dancing and laughing and waving flags around? No, of course not. But I think if the likes of Bosingwa are going to play these next three games, and play like they did on Sunday, this is going to get nasty, toxic and quite possibly seriously kick off at some point. If we had one or two like Ehmer and Harriman in there it would at least give us something to support and there would be some encouragement for them.
Sutherland on 00:06 - May 1 with 980 views100percent

Sutherland on 23:14 - Apr 30 by Northernr

Well, do I think the ground would be packed out with people singing and dancing and laughing and waving flags around? No, of course not. But I think if the likes of Bosingwa are going to play these next three games, and play like they did on Sunday, this is going to get nasty, toxic and quite possibly seriously kick off at some point. If we had one or two like Ehmer and Harriman in there it would at least give us something to support and there would be some encouragement for them.

which would be a pretty level headed approach by someone who would understand the inclusion of the youngsters.... personally I just think that the vitriol and venom normally reserved for bosingwa/traore/mbia/ will be replaced on the unsuspecting ehmer or harriman if they so much as put a foot wrong...
don't get me wrong here, I'm not defending our over paid journeymen but I think exposing the young players to an already unhappy ground full of season ticket holders and supporters might mean that they vent their spleen at the wrong people..... which would be counter productive.
i say play the team that has performed so poorly this season and let them be exposed to the anger - it's them that has put us in this position - and that position will not change over the next three games......
Sutherland on 04:51 - May 1 with 947 viewsqprmick

Sutherland on 16:00 - Apr 30 by daveB

Fabio is a much better option with youth on the bench.

Qprmick

Sutherland on 14:35 - May 2 with 906 viewsJonDoeman

ELITE Development Squad member Frankie Sutherland has been selected by the Republic of Ireland Under-21s for their international friendly with Denmark next month.

Midfielder Sutherland will travel to Billund for the match on Friday, 31st May after being called-up by coach Noel King.

Sutherland - who spent time on loan at Portsmouth earlier this season - featured for Ireland in March when they hosted Portugal in Dublin.

It Is What It Is !!

Sutherland on 15:56 - May 2 with 863 viewslondonscottish

Sutherland on 14:36 - Apr 30 by toboboly

I don't think replacing Bosingwa with a chair would be weakening the team to be honest.

Good point. A chair is actually more likely to put a tackle in.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Sutherland on 17:18 - May 2 with 831 viewsHunterhoop

Sutherland on 15:56 - May 2 by londonscottish

Good point. A chair is actually more likely to put a tackle in.

Given it's an inanimate object and, therefore, can't think, it's less likely to bottle a challenge, if it's in the right place at the right time.
Sutherland on 17:21 - May 2 with 830 viewsoaklandr

Great prospect, know his dad
Sutherland on 18:31 - May 2 with 782 viewsparker64

Can't see the young players gettting further than the bench for Arsenal. I remember Oastler getting a bit of game time towards the end of a couple games a few seasons back. Seen a bit of Sutherland pre season and the match against Swansea. As has been said, good delivery but not sure I saw too much else to his game.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024