Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rob Green Interview 23:44 - May 7 with 2270 views08olesen

This man makes me laugh.

In his post match interview he says 'there were clearly problems in the first game of the season' and then calm as you like he says 'and there still there now' Fair play to him for saying it like it is, but he didnt seem to bothered about the fact we had been relegated.

All im saying is, that when the matches get hard next season i think he would rather have a cup of tea on the bench like he has done most of this season instead of bossing a back four like kenny did.

That is all...

Poll: Who will the other play off

Rob Green Interview on 04:44 - May 8 with 2162 viewstimcocking

Somebody called it about right yesterday;

Green is only a little worse than Caesar, but cheaper wages and less resale value, so i imagine he'll be starting.

I think eventually he'll prove us wrong and do well. Hard to imagine at the moment though.

Rob Green Interview on 07:16 - May 8 with 2110 viewsDesertBoot

Green always looks distant and gormless. Not sure he can show emotion

Wish I could be like David Watts

Rob Green Interview on 07:16 - May 8 with 2110 viewsDesertBoot

Wish I could be like David Watts

Rob Green Interview on 10:23 - May 8 with 1997 viewsmygeneration

Rob Green Interview on 07:16 - May 8 by DesertBoot

Neither him or Cesar seem to communicate much with the defenders.
Rob Green Interview on 10:35 - May 8 with 1965 viewsSuffolk

Rob Green Interview on 10:23 - May 8 by mygeneration

Neither him or Cesar seem to communicate much with the defenders.

At least Green is on first name terms with them.
Rob Green Interview on 11:11 - May 8 with 1906 viewsbosh67

I like Rob although I have noticed that he essentially can't really dive to his left. Diving to his right he's great at, left not so good. He's also not the fastest off his line and he looks nervous when a shot is hit straight at him. Apart from that though...

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rob Green Interview on 11:46 - May 8 with 1848 viewshoops_legend

Rob Green Interview on 11:11 - May 8 by bosh67

I like Rob although I have noticed that he essentially can't really dive to his left. Diving to his right he's great at, left not so good. He's also not the fastest off his line and he looks nervous when a shot is hit straight at him. Apart from that though...

People wanted rid of kenny however I feel he never let in many sitters and always did a job. seemed harsh to sell
Rob Green Interview on 11:53 - May 8 with 1836 viewsBucks_Ranger

I've never seen Cerny put a foot wrong, however seems happy just taking a wage..
Login to get fewer ads

Rob Green Interview on 12:15 - May 8 with 1812 viewsdaveB

every game Green has played he has let at least one shot go through his hands he's got away with a few of them like Stoke at home but for a keeper of his experience his all round game is woeful. I think we'll struggle if he is first choice next season
Rob Green Interview on 12:25 - May 8 with 1802 viewsTacticalR

Rob Green Interview on 11:53 - May 8 by Bucks_Ranger

I've never seen Cerny put a foot wrong, however seems happy just taking a wage..

Cerny wasn't a reliable keeper...as everyone saw in our home match against Leicester in 2009.

'Cerny attempted a short clearance midway through the second half that Fryatt read and he ran on to drill past the veteran Czech keeper for his 10th goal of the season.'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8323281.stm

Air hostess clique

Rob Green Interview on 12:30 - May 8 with 1794 viewsQPunkR

Agree RE: Cerny.

Some players seem to get better the longer they go without playing!
He was an absolute jonah pretty much his whole QPR career...until we got up to the Prem! Then he played a couple of absolute stormers!! Liverpool away last season stands out particularly

QPR - "shit but local"

Rob Green Interview on 13:46 - May 8 with 1739 viewsPinnerPaul

Rob Green Interview on 11:53 - May 8 by Bucks_Ranger

Last game of promotion season?

He's off back home in the summer in any case
Rob Green Interview on 19:23 - May 9 with 1562 viewsFredManRave

I must admit I just don't get Green. He was runner-up to Scott Parker as Hammer of the Year in 2010/11 and the next season played in 42 of WHams 46 league games where they won promotion, albeit via the play-offs. He's an ex England No1 and when ever I'd seen him previously I'd always been fairly impressed, most of all with his shot stopping ability.

So what's happened why doesn't he appear to have the confidence and command you'd expect from a keeper with the aforementioned stats. How can he still have the "ability" to play like it's his first ever game. Harsh, maybe but you get the point. Is it the famous R's curse of turning a great into a not so great or was he really never that good.

As I said at the start I just don't get Green.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Rob Green Interview on 20:10 - May 9 with 1508 viewsTacticalR

He was certainly capable of strange errors and misjudgements before he got to QPR. See 1 minute into this highlight of Blackpool vs West Ham last season:

I looked around the West Ham blogs when we signed him, and although a lot of Hammers were supportive, some were of the opinion that he had peaked a while ago.

Air hostess clique

Rob Green Interview on 20:36 - May 9 with 1466 viewsrsonist

Rob Green Interview on 04:44 - May 8 by timcocking

Somebody called it about right yesterday;

Green is only a little worse than Caesar, but cheaper wages and less resale value, so i imagine he'll be starting.

I think eventually he'll prove us wrong and do well. Hard to imagine at the moment though.

"Cheaper wages"... Green will still be on 50k a week.

He and Cesar have both had good and bad moments this season but ultimately it's consistency that makes a proper goalkeeper.

People are right to point out his lack of communication in the box, it's a major failing. Goalkeepers are not there to save the day when the defence goes wrong - they are a part of the defence.
Rob Green Interview on 21:23 - May 9 with 1416 viewsQPR1882

Hope Green stays.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTHJ250FPEkhx6OA4gA1QmppKU
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024