Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Julio Cesar 10:28 - May 21 with 4710 viewsexiled_dictator

Lucas Podolski, or possibly someone calling themselves Lucas Podolski, has tweeted that Julio Cesar will be joining Arsenal for next season and has already been to the training ground.

One down, many more to go .....

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Julio Cesar on 10:35 - May 21 with 3307 viewsfakekerby

Provided we got some kind of fee, it's a good move for all involved really.
Julio Cesar on 10:40 - May 21 with 3264 viewsNorthernr

Julio Cesar on 10:35 - May 21 by fakekerby

Are we that bothered about a fee? We just need to shift these wages off the bill.
Julio Cesar on 10:41 - May 21 with 3257 viewssuperhooper83

Julio Cesar on 10:40 - May 21 by Northernr

Are we that bothered about a fee? We just need to shift these wages off the bill.

Id still like to think a top keeper like him would command a fee to be honest. I agree about shifting wages ect but he should be sold for somethin, not just given away. 5M would be enough imo.
Julio Cesar on 10:44 - May 21 with 3233 viewsNorthernr

Julio Cesar on 10:41 - May 21 by superhooper83

Id still like to think a top keeper like him would command a fee to be honest. I agree about shifting wages ect but he should be sold for somethin, not just given away. 5M would be enough imo.

We'll get nothing like £5m for him. Buyers hold all the cards - they know the player wants to leave, they know we can't afford him in the division below, they know we're desperate to sell. Only QPR themselves would be offering £5m for players in such a situation!
Julio Cesar on 10:45 - May 21 with 3227 viewsfakekerby

Only because I wouldn't want us to be even bigger mugs giving away talented players to top 4 clubs for nothing.

Some players, yes, we should do anything to get the wages off the bill, but giving away players who do have a value would be daft IMO.
Julio Cesar on 10:49 - May 21 with 3178 viewsWestbourneR

Wenger just can't spot a keeper can he? Julio Ceser and combined with the Gunners back line is going to hilarious when crosses come into the box.

Sell sell sell and shift Green too.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Julio Cesar on 10:51 - May 21 with 3159 viewsswisscottage

Julio Cesar on 10:45 - May 21 by fakekerby

Only because I wouldn't want us to be even bigger mugs giving away talented players to top 4 clubs for nothing.

Some players, yes, we should do anything to get the wages off the bill, but giving away players who do have a value would be daft IMO.

Whilst he is a top keeper, he still has his faults.. namely coming for crosses.

I reckon the fee will be somewhere in the region of 1.5m to 2.5m. I very much doubt it will be any more.
Julio Cesar on 10:51 - May 21 with 3152 viewsSuffolk

Julio Cesar on 10:49 - May 21 by WestbourneR

Wenger just can't spot a keeper can he? Julio Ceser and combined with the Gunners back line is going to hilarious when crosses come into the box.

+1
Login to get fewer ads

Julio Cesar on 10:52 - May 21 with 3143 viewsRANGERS4EVER

dont think its a real account, dont think Podolski has twitter

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Julio Cesar on 10:54 - May 21 with 3118 viewsJamie

Julio Cesar on 10:52 - May 21 by RANGERS4EVER

dont think its a real account, dont think Podolski has twitter

He has a verified account - @podolski10.

Unless this tweet had been deleted though its not from his account.

As for Cesar, would personally expect him to be allowed a free transfer to shift the wages on.
Julio Cesar on 10:55 - May 21 with 3111 viewsJonDoeman

Julio Cesar on 10:49 - May 21 by WestbourneR

My thoughts exactly....

It Is What It Is !!

Julio Cesar on 11:03 - May 21 with 3064 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Julio Cesar on 10:54 - May 21 by Jamie

He has a verified account - @podolski10.

Unless this tweet had been deleted though its not from his account.

As for Cesar, would personally expect him to be allowed a free transfer to shift the wages on.

ah didnt see that, but cant see the tweet either, guess it might have been deleted or a fake

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Julio Cesar on 11:16 - May 21 with 2991 viewsdolcelatte

Of course we'd be bothered about a fee - it will help subsidise the wages we have to subsidise to move other players on.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Julio Cesar on 11:17 - May 21 with 2984 viewsTHEBUSH

Julio Cesar on 10:35 - May 21 by fakekerby

Think we got him on a free, so doubt we'll get anything for him, probably in his contract what any transfer fee would be, if anything ?
Julio Cesar on 11:21 - May 21 with 2967 viewsNorthernr

Julio Cesar on 11:16 - May 21 by dolcelatte

Of course we'd be bothered about a fee - it will help subsidise the wages we have to subsidise to move other players on.

Like I say, we're a buyer's dream. If you were Arsenal what would you offer? You know we're desperate to sell, you know he's desperate to leave, you know we can't afford his wages - I can't see them just writing out that cheque for £5m can you?

We're going to end up this summer with players like Bosingwa going and playing for other clubs while we still pay a portion of his wages just so we can get rid of them. No club is ever going to be stupid enough to pay some of these wasters what we're paying them, so we're going to have make up the difference to get rid of them.

Apart from Remy and Samba if any club comes along and says "we'll take over 100% of his contract" I'd probably let most of our players go for very little by way of a transfer fee. If we were paying them a sensible wage then this wouldn't be necessary - but we're not so it probably is.
Julio Cesar on 11:22 - May 21 with 2960 viewsNeil_SI

I would have thought that Julio Cesar is on parity with the best paid players at the club, which going by Tony Fernandes, is £65K per week. That's probably before any clauses or bonuses are taken into the equation as well.

Cesar has three years remaining on his contract, so we still owe him £9.36m for that period and that's really the problem the club need to solve, as they do with many other players. The initial value of his contract was £12.48m based over four-years, so we've already paid £3.12m for his services this season.

When you look at the value of the contracts, you do not see a lot of value for potential buyers or QPR. It's difficult to see too many players willing to write off vast sums of money they're owed, and whatever way you look at it, it's hard to see us not making losses whatever we end up doing.

The question is, how many other players earn that £65K figure? At a guess, I reckon you can include Joey Barton, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Bobby Zamora, Djibril Cissé, José Boswingwa, Loïc Rémy, Christopher Samba, Ji-Sung Park & Esteban Granero.

Now you can see the problem, there are many others who'll be earning in and around £50K and above too. There are probably 50 years worth of contracts to be paid within the squad, and likely to total well over £100m in salary.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Julio Cesar on 11:22 - May 21 with 2955 viewsozexile

Get rid,get rid, get rid
He don't wanna be here, I don't want him here and in my opinion he's not that good. I'll never forgive him for Swansea away.
Julio Cesar on 11:24 - May 21 with 2943 viewsNorthernr

Julio Cesar on 11:22 - May 21 by Neil_SI

I would have thought that Julio Cesar is on parity with the best paid players at the club, which going by Tony Fernandes, is £65K per week. That's probably before any clauses or bonuses are taken into the equation as well.

Cesar has three years remaining on his contract, so we still owe him £9.36m for that period and that's really the problem the club need to solve, as they do with many other players. The initial value of his contract was £12.48m based over four-years, so we've already paid £3.12m for his services this season.

When you look at the value of the contracts, you do not see a lot of value for potential buyers or QPR. It's difficult to see too many players willing to write off vast sums of money they're owed, and whatever way you look at it, it's hard to see us not making losses whatever we end up doing.

The question is, how many other players earn that £65K figure? At a guess, I reckon you can include Joey Barton, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Bobby Zamora, Djibril Cissé, José Boswingwa, Loïc Rémy, Christopher Samba, Ji-Sung Park & Esteban Granero.

Now you can see the problem, there are many others who'll be earning in and around £50K and above too. There are probably 50 years worth of contracts to be paid within the squad, and likely to total well over £100m in salary.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Suddenly giving them a free transfer if somebody offers to pay all their wages doesn't seem such a bad idea after all does it?
Julio Cesar on 11:31 - May 21 with 2913 viewsYorkRanger

Julio Cesar on 11:24 - May 21 by Northernr

Suddenly giving them a free transfer if somebody offers to pay all their wages doesn't seem such a bad idea after all does it?

Agreed and I don't think there are any sacred cows in this equation, ie we should take any offer we get to move on the entire cost of a player (although naturally we all have our preferences as to who should be at the front of the queue)....
Julio Cesar on 11:31 - May 21 with 2911 viewsfakekerby

Julio Cesar on 11:24 - May 21 by Northernr

As has been said, we need to be able to subsidise the likes of Cisse, Barton, Bosingwa, etc, who we will be paying to leave us.

The players who have potential buyers should be sold rather than given away IMO.

Where there is a demand, there should be a fee involved. If Arsenal genuinely want Cesar, then i'm sure they're not the only ones. If we do end up having to give him away, why not wait it out until the deadline and hold out for offers? Show we're not complete mugs?

Teams like Wolves who would have been desperate to offload their high earners still held on and managed to recoup very good fees for players like Fletcher and Jarvis. I'm not saying Cesar would be worth anywhere near what those two were, but he has a value whereas the likes of SWP, Bosingwa clearly don't.
Julio Cesar on 11:39 - May 21 with 2878 viewsNorthernr

Julio Cesar on 11:31 - May 21 by fakekerby

As has been said, we need to be able to subsidise the likes of Cisse, Barton, Bosingwa, etc, who we will be paying to leave us.

The players who have potential buyers should be sold rather than given away IMO.

Where there is a demand, there should be a fee involved. If Arsenal genuinely want Cesar, then i'm sure they're not the only ones. If we do end up having to give him away, why not wait it out until the deadline and hold out for offers? Show we're not complete mugs?

Teams like Wolves who would have been desperate to offload their high earners still held on and managed to recoup very good fees for players like Fletcher and Jarvis. I'm not saying Cesar would be worth anywhere near what those two were, but he has a value whereas the likes of SWP, Bosingwa clearly don't.

The only ones I think we'll get any kind of money for are Samba and Remy. I'd include Cesar with the others - arrived for free, on a massive wage, not played well overall.

I'm not sure Wolves is terrific support for any argument. They paid reasonably sensible wages to begin with and they've ended up taking Doyle, Stephen Hunt, Jamie O'Hara, Roger Johnson and others with them into League One.
Julio Cesar on 11:41 - May 21 with 2865 viewsKevinPR

Julio Cesar on 11:31 - May 21 by fakekerby

Cesar is ion demand because he will be free.
Julio Cesar on 11:46 - May 21 with 2836 viewsBAWHoops

I'm sure we will let anyone over 30 go for free.
As Clive has said these players simply command no fee. We are desperate to get rid, they are desperate to leave they are also on huge wages. Cesar will probably be on £50k at Arsenal if he goes there, that's a lot of money and I'm sure they won't want to pay a fee on top.

We might get money for Granero, Hoilett, Remy, Samba, Diakite and Mbia as they are all under 28 but other than that I don't see anyone leaving for cash

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Julio Cesar on 11:56 - May 21 with 2790 viewsWeaverQPR

Decen tshot stopper but for a top keeper he don't half flap alot. One down 24 more to go.

@WeavQPR

Julio Cesar on 12:00 - May 21 with 2771 viewsQPunkR

If even just one other club wants Cesar then that creates at least the potential for some bidding, Shirley?
If Arsenal and, say, Flamengo, really want the vampire then they'll try to outdo each other in the transfer stakes, as well as also offering him slightly more money, one would imagine

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024