Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seeing as this site is so shit 10:30 - Aug 25 with 7438 viewsDarran

Seeing as we have some moaning about how quiet it is now on the forum.
Interestingly I spent the last 10 minutes looking at the stats

Since launch we have had almost 13000 posts on the forums - this is just about 500 posts per day on the forums. On average the old forums were averaging around 650 per day but the 500 per day is currently growing and closing in on that number.

So far this month we are at 2.71m page views recorded on the site. Only once this year (January) did the old site exceed 3m so overall there are more page impressions and visitors coming to the site at the moment. The argument will be that the site takes you back to index page etc but it used to take you to your post after giving a 'thanks for posting page' which is actually the same number.

New features are due to go live any day - there have been some teething issues with some of them hence the delay but they are many of the features people have asked for.

One of the reasons the forums feel quieter is we used to run with 16 topics per page, we now run with 25 so whilst there are less topics being posted on (given the reduction in post count) it also looks less as there are more topics and post per page.

The other thing we have now is far more guests viewing the forum. This was always going to be a factor in the new forum as people need to register and we get many people trying to log in using old names which keeps the guest count up.

We currently have 1930 registered members

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:38 - Aug 25 with 3638 viewstf_jack

Don't use the term we. Not all of us are whinging.

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:48 - Aug 25 with 3615 viewsJackhero

My only winge is that the site is hungrier on my laptop, which slows my laptop down so pages run slower, but in work it's fine.......time to upgrade I think.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:50 - Aug 25 with 3611 viewsdavidaeaton

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:38 - Aug 25 by tf_jack

Don't use the term we. Not all of us are whinging.

Not to be pedantic but darren did say 'SOME' are moaning, I don't mind it, it has its teething problems but its new so it'll come good soon

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime"............one day we will all encounter the great gig in the sky!

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:51 - Aug 25 with 3605 viewsSgorioFruit

SgorrioooooooooooooooFruit!!!

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:51 - Aug 25 with 3599 viewsJackfath

Bring back all the decent posters as quite obviously, some of these new ones are so uptight it's unbelievable.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:52 - Aug 25 with 3600 viewsdavidaeaton

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:51 - Aug 25 by SgorioFruit

You're avin a laugh

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime"............one day we will all encounter the great gig in the sky!

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:53 - Aug 25 with 3594 viewsJackfath

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:50 - Aug 25 by davidaeaton

Not to be pedantic but darren did say 'SOME' are moaning, I don't mind it, it has its teething problems but its new so it'll come good soon

What was your name on the old PS site butt.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:54 - Aug 25 with 3594 viewsdavidaeaton

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:51 - Aug 25 by Jackfath

Bring back all the decent posters as quite obviously, some of these new ones are so uptight it's unbelievable.

Good way to boost customer relations there's a lot more angst on here though, opinions are shot down in an instance

Login to get fewer ads

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:55 - Aug 25 with 3582 viewsJackfath

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:54 - Aug 25 by davidaeaton

Good way to boost customer relations there's a lot more angst on here though, opinions are shot down in an instance

A pub will always lack atmosphere if the characters and best customers are not in. FACT.

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:56 - Aug 25 with 3581 viewsdavidaeaton

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:53 - Aug 25 by Jackfath

What was your name on the old PS site butt.

No always been me, I was on the site many moons ago, but then didn't have a PC for ages, joined here around June 2012?

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:57 - Aug 25 with 3563 viewsJackfath

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:56 - Aug 25 by davidaeaton

No always been me, I was on the site many moons ago, but then didn't have a PC for ages, joined here around June 2012?

Case in point.

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:58 - Aug 25 with 3565 viewsdavidaeaton

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:55 - Aug 25 by Jackfath

A pub will always lack atmosphere if the characters and best customers are not in. FACT.

True, I just think there's more people lurking to cause arguments rather than debate, seems quite angry at times, but like you say it needs character

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:58 - Aug 25 with 3559 viewsdavidaeaton

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:57 - Aug 25 by Jackfath

Case in point.

What do you mean by case in point?

Seeing as this site is so shit on 11:00 - Aug 25 with 3551 viewsJackfath

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:58 - Aug 25 by davidaeaton

True, I just think there's more people lurking to cause arguments rather than debate, seems quite angry at times, but like you say it needs character

When ever I put my opinion up on the football thread I get abused by people who think I am winding them up. People aren't willing to believe others could have a differing viewpoint to theirs and when challenged get all uppity and extremely rude. When challenged about their behaviour they do not reply.

Some people are extremely blinkered.

Seeing as this site is so shit on 11:00 - Aug 25 with 3553 viewsDarran

We also seem to have a problem with people on other sites constantly saying they are banned from here which totally not true.

I'm not sure what the term for people like that is but its pretty f*cking weird.

Seeing as this site is so shit on 11:01 - Aug 25 with 3549 viewsJackfath

Seeing as this site is so shit on 11:00 - Aug 25 by Darran

We also seem to have a problem with people on other sites constantly saying they are banned from here which totally not true.

I'm not sure what the term for people like that is but its pretty f*cking weird.

Some people just crave attention Dar.

Seeing as this site is so shit on 11:02 - Aug 25 with 3547 viewswr72

Seriously,who gives a f**k?

It's like the moaning tits in the Maerdy in Gorseinon grumping about how its changed for the worse since the good ol days,yet they're still in there every day.

Just get on with it and keep writing the same bollox we all wrote before.
Seeing as this site is so shit on 11:02 - Aug 25 with 3547 viewsCatullus

People used to regularly get shot down before. As with here, some deserved it and sometimes the usual suspects just chimed up with a whinge.
What's going on here, I don't know. Teenage angst or middle aged crotchety moaning, some people need to lighten up. Me too!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Seeing as this site is so shit on 11:08 - Aug 25 with 3530 viewsDarran

Seeing as this site is so shit on 11:01 - Aug 25 by Jackfath

Some people just crave attention Dar.

Exactly Doc.

Seeing as this site is so shit on 11:08 - Aug 25 with 3529 viewsmawdlamjack

Seeing as this site is so shit on 11:00 - Aug 25 by Darran

i think they are called wan kers dar

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Seeing as this site is so shit on 11:09 - Aug 25 with 3527 viewsdavidaeaton

Seeing as this site is so shit on 11:00 - Aug 25 by Jackfath

When ever I put my opinion up on the football thread I get abused by people who think I am winding them up. People aren't willing to believe others could have a differing viewpoint to theirs and when challenged get all uppity and extremely rude. When challenged about their behaviour they do not reply.

Some people are extremely blinkered.

Opinion though rightly or wrongly is just that opinion, I do see people having a go with you a lot but I think its that character you were talking about, perhaps if that fictional pub had you and the other posters in there it may descend into a bar brawl
[Post edited 25 Aug 2013 11:10]

Seeing as this site is so shit on 11:23 - Aug 25 with 3490 viewsDarran

Could I also add that hardly anyone ever gets banned from here,we currently only have one,yes that's right one person on the banned list.

Seeing as this site is so shit on 12:10 - Aug 25 with 3461 viewsthe_gasman

Seeing as this site is so shit on 10:51 - Aug 25 by SgorioFruit

nutty cu nt

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

Seeing as this site is so shit on 14:58 - Aug 25 with 3426 viewsDrizzy

I've given it a go. Honestly. I just can not look past the fact that this is a terrible forum. Seriously it's f*cking appalling.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Seeing as this site is so shit on 15:01 - Aug 25 with 3418 viewsdavidaeaton

Seeing as this site is so shit on 14:58 - Aug 25 by Drizzy

I've given it a go. Honestly. I just can not look past the fact that this is a terrible forum. Seriously it's f*cking appalling.

Due to people like you posting utter shit

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024