Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer deadline day thread 06:54 - Sep 2 with 34780 viewsjacw

Turn your phone off Huw !
Transfer deadline day thread on 16:54 - Sep 2 with 6376 viewsPlasticman

Transfer deadline day thread on 16:52 - Sep 2 by Laudrup

Jazz Richards and Ben Davies has been in the Welsh senior NT recently too.

But I don't think (Edgar?) Davids plays for Swansea or Wales.

Lamah has played 5 games for Belgium, but not since 2009.

doh

thanks

Plastic since 2012

Transfer deadline day thread on 16:56 - Sep 2 with 6365 viewsLaudrup

So the only excitement left for Swansea on deadline day is if Leroy Lita or Curtis Obeng will be "sold" on a free transfer I guess. Probably not.

I hate signatures

Transfer deadline day thread on 17:00 - Sep 2 with 6321 viewsblaine_scfc

Transfer deadline day thread on 15:58 - Sep 2 by bluenile

Fair do's we get our share of beauties on here!!.......back up striker, Spanish Under 21 International, on loan for £1 million with the option to buy..........not good enough for you??? Jesus-fecking-wept!

When I look at a striker, I look at their goal scoring records (as being a striker sorta means it is your job to score goals). His record at senior level is poor. Sorry for not cracking open the champers.
Transfer deadline day thread on 17:02 - Sep 2 with 6291 viewsLaudrupFan

Transfer deadline day thread on 16:56 - Sep 2 by Laudrup

So the only excitement left for Swansea on deadline day is if Leroy Lita or Curtis Obeng will be "sold" on a free transfer I guess. Probably not.

Maybe, if they really want rid, they can do as Arsenal does with Bendtner. Pay them to leave.

Poll: Are any further transfers needed in this window?

Transfer deadline day thread on 18:08 - Sep 2 with 5963 viewsrossshaw

Transfer deadline day thread on 17:00 - Sep 2 by blaine_scfc

When I look at a striker, I look at their goal scoring records (as being a striker sorta means it is your job to score goals). His record at senior level is poor. Sorry for not cracking open the champers.

To get a good goal scorer in the top leagues on loan is a mighty big ask. Sometimes you have to find someone who has at least had experience and potential to get better rather than fork out a lot (and it would be a lot) for a proven goal scorer. Any goal scorer costs a lot.

* I think this Vazquez (sp? - bet loads of Swans fans are going to get this beauty wrong) is an ideal back up striker.

Im also looking forward to some of the spellings the fans are going to give Vazquez on this forum :P
[Post edited 2 Sep 2013 18:11]

Trundle could still do a job..

Transfer deadline day thread on 18:22 - Sep 2 with 5892 viewsDr_Winston

He's young and obviously got talent. Laudrup's seen something in him (not a guarantee of quality when it comes to Laudrup and strikers admittedly) and it's not as if he's going to be first choice.

Not unhappy with this at all.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Transfer deadline day thread on 18:45 - Sep 2 with 5792 viewslovejuicejack

Transfer deadline day thread on 16:45 - Sep 2 by Baker

As long as he doesn't hog the ball and hold up play like Pork Chopra did for the scum I'll be happy.

Tusk tusk young man you had me pork scratching my head at your reply, listen I have an oinkling this Vazquez gunna do the business
Transfer deadline day thread on 20:46 - Sep 2 with 5402 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

Underwhelmed, hope i'm wrong but if he aint good enough for Getafe then I can't see what he's going to bring to us.

Poll: What would you rather see.....

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer deadline day thread on 20:51 - Sep 2 with 5368 viewsjandyt

Transfer deadline day thread on 18:45 - Sep 2 by lovejuicejack

Tusk tusk young man you had me pork scratching my head at your reply, listen I have an oinkling this Vazquez gunna do the business

I just hope he doesn't make a pigs ear of his time here- unlike Schecter who kept hamming it up! As a striker though, if he does start to score goals, then his on uses will soon be bringing home the bacon!

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

Transfer deadline day thread on 20:53 - Sep 2 with 5365 viewsorion3016

I'm just delighted that we haven't had any exits, surely too late in the day now but in the past this crazy day has seen some surprises

Be over there now after

Transfer deadline day thread on 21:12 - Sep 2 with 5296 viewsPedroJack

Its now that time for all the kids to ar$e about behind the reporters
Transfer deadline day thread on 23:08 - Sep 2 with 5004 viewsmax936

Crystal Palace sign Jack Hunt and Adrian Mariappa good signings.

Aston Villa sign Lazio Striker Libor Kozak very good player.

Big suprise with Shane Long going to Hull.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Transfer deadline day thread on 23:09 - Sep 2 with 4993 viewsLaudrup

German international Özil joins Arsenal
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/german-international-ozil-joins-arsenal

Madrid should have just kept him instead of Bale.

I hate signatures

Transfer deadline day thread on 23:18 - Sep 2 with 4968 viewsLaudrup

I hate signatures

Transfer deadline day thread on 00:01 - Sep 3 with 4907 viewsairedale

Transfer deadline day thread on 23:09 - Sep 2 by Laudrup

German international Özil joins Arsenal
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/german-international-ozil-joins-arsenal

Madrid should have just kept him instead of Bale.

Fabulous business from Arsenal, they sign a Spanish league has been for a club record £42mill, brought in to replace their brittle Jack Wilshire.

I reckon we're gonna be OK.
Transfer deadline day thread on 01:15 - Sep 3 with 4858 viewsbrightonjack

Transfer deadline day thread on 00:01 - Sep 3 by airedale

Fabulous business from Arsenal, they sign a Spanish league has been for a club record £42mill, brought in to replace their brittle Jack Wilshire.

I reckon we're gonna be OK.

We done OK. No sense of panic (which I guess is down to Huw and ML). Vazquez is an exciting prospect. Held on to Ash, Michu, Vorm. Couldn't have asked for much more.
Transfer deadline day thread on 01:51 - Sep 3 with 4838 viewsaspas45

These premiership loan fees must be too much money for us i.e. lukaku, thought laudrup was a big fan!!!

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

Transfer deadline day thread on 02:02 - Sep 3 with 4836 viewsaspas45

Transfer deadline day thread on 18:22 - Sep 2 by Dr_Winston

He's young and obviously got talent. Laudrup's seen something in him (not a guarantee of quality when it comes to Laudrup and strikers admittedly) and it's not as if he's going to be first choice.

Not unhappy with this at all.

From what I have seen of the video, he looks like he has pace. With whats been said, Laudrup was more interested that the striker must have pace and can act as additional option out wide as well.

With these base characteristics, other skills can be developed further.

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

Transfer deadline day thread on 03:10 - Sep 3 with 4820 viewsobikwas

Thought Swansea could have been more ambitious in this last day. I think that if something happens to Michu during the season, that nº10 role will be hard to cover.

Besides, i still feel Swansea needs a solid left winger (not implying Routledge is not good, only that he's not enough). I'm gonna step outside the box here and say we could have gone for (for example) Quaresma which is a free agent since he left Al Ahly

(Sorry for any grammar mistakes, english is not my first language... and its my first post even though i've been reading the forum for quite some time now)
Transfer deadline day thread on 05:00 - Sep 3 with 4791 viewsLiam12345

Transfer deadline day thread on 03:10 - Sep 3 by obikwas

Thought Swansea could have been more ambitious in this last day. I think that if something happens to Michu during the season, that nº10 role will be hard to cover.

Besides, i still feel Swansea needs a solid left winger (not implying Routledge is not good, only that he's not enough). I'm gonna step outside the box here and say we could have gone for (for example) Quaresma which is a free agent since he left Al Ahly

(Sorry for any grammar mistakes, english is not my first language... and its my first post even though i've been reading the forum for quite some time now)

Pozuelo plays in mMchus position so that wouldn't be a problem but the left wing not to sure about that maybe a free agent brought in there could might helped in case of injury's but Routledge can either play very bad or he can play very well seems his finishing is poor from what i saw in the WBA game.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Transfer deadline day thread on 08:11 - Sep 3 with 4657 viewsneilrichards

If he's still a free agent we can still sign him even though the transfer window has SLAMMED SHUT!
Transfer deadline day thread on 14:41 - Sep 3 with 4493 viewsLaudrup

Transfer deadline day thread on 08:11 - Sep 3 by neilrichards

If he's still a free agent we can still sign him even though the transfer window has SLAMMED SHUT!

Who?

I hate signatures

Transfer deadline day thread on 15:30 - Sep 3 with 4467 viewsLobo

I think someone mentioned signing Ricardo Quaresma on a free. He has never and will never live up to his potential, wouldn't be good enough for us and will probably want a big wage. He'd be more of a QPR 2012 signing I think
Transfer deadline day thread on 17:49 - Sep 4 with 4381 viewsLaudrup

So it turns out Vazquez wasn't the only player Swansea signed on deadline day.

They also signed 18 y.o. central midfielder Kristian Scott from Stoke City's academy for the U21 team, even though it was first announced at the website today. He has also previously played for his home-town club Bristol City.

Even though he's from Bristol he has an American passport as both him and his younger brother has represented the US at youth level:
http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/kristian-scott-at-bristol-city-f-c.12

His younger brother Kyle Scott is 15 y.o. and plays for Chelsea's U-18 team:

Apparently they are the sons of former Newcastle, Spurs etc. player Kevin Scott who is English: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Scott_(footballer)
But their mother is from Chicago so that's why they can represent USA.

Kyle Scott has turned down a new Chelsea contract this summer as both Real Madrid and Barcelona have shown interest in signing him:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2357160/Chelseas-Kyle-Scott-re

Chelsea teenage star Scott rejects new deal to put Barca and Madrid on high alert

By SIMON JONES
PUBLISHED: 22:29 GMT, 5 July 2013 | UPDATED: 23:11 GMT, 5 July 2013

Chelsea teenager Kyle Scott is to reject the offer of a new contract.

The 15-year-old has attracted attention from Barcelona and Real Madrid.

The club has a fine youth set up in place - they were FA Youth Cup champions in 2012 and earlier this month lost 4-2 on aggregate to Norwich in this year's final.

On the up: Chelsea's youth team reached the FA Youth Cup final last season

Scott is the younger brother of Stoke City academy’s Kristian Scott, and the siblings have both represented the USA at youth level.

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/kristian-scott-signs-1031163.aspx

Swans snap up young gun Scott

PUBLISHED
13:49 4th September 2013

. . . Kristian signs for Under-21s from Stoke

The Swans have added promising young midfielder Kristian Scott to their Under-21 squad.
The 18-year-old arrived at the Liberty Stadium from Stoke City on Monday afternoon to sign a two-year deal, with the move receiving the relevant approvals.
Scott has spent the last two years at Stoke after moving from his home-town club Bristol City.
“I’m really pleased to be here,” said Scott, who will link up with Kristian O’Leary’s squad in Development League Two South. “Swansea is a great club and they play excellent football.
“The way they play the game suits me and I’m looking forward to try and make an impact in the Under-21 squad.
“This is a good move for me and one I’m really excited about.”
[Post edited 4 Sep 2013 18:22]

I hate signatures

Transfer deadline day thread on 18:05 - Sep 4 with 4358 viewsmax936

I thought we might have had a go for the Croatian lad Ante Rebic, Im sure I heard Spurs fancied him as well.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024