Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signed: Alvaro Vazquez 16:45 - Sep 2 with 22588 viewsgibs0n

Big talent

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2408841/Swansea-complete-1m-de
[Post edited 2 Sep 2013 16:46]
Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 00:36 - Sep 3 with 5868 viewsSwanfan1

IF he could get into the Sub 21 Spain side, he must be decent, and one thing we know about Spanish players they are very good technically, and he also got pace,

last season we got Shechter,,, lighten the feck up...

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 07:09 - Sep 3 with 5751 viewsgibs0n

We also know that our manager are good at signing the right spaniards, not necessarily the famous ones...
Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 07:54 - Sep 3 with 5692 viewsRamblinJack

I'm very pleased with this signing. He might not hit the ground running and will probably play second fiddle to Bony most of the season but a spanish under-21 international is definately an interesting acquisition no matter how few goals he scored at Getafe.

I'm sure whatever talent this guy has ML is going to locate it, develop it and utilize it as good as any.
Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 08:38 - Sep 3 with 5647 viewsJackSomething

As long as he's better than Moore, Lita and Itay, then he'll be considered a good signing.

He'll provide more experienced cover for Bony and it means Rory can still get game time in the cups/Europe so we can see if he's got a future here.

Those expecting someone like Lukaku or Borini to come in were dreaming. We weren't going to pay a hefty loan fee and wages for a backup, plus clubs like Chelsea are only going to loan him somewhere he'll be first choice.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 18:51 - Sep 3 with 5517 viewsLaudrup

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/vasquez-on-swans-1034019.aspx

Vasquez: I can't wait to start

PUBLISHED
18:24 3rd September 2013

. . . new signing looking forward to Premier League adventure

New Swans signing Alvaro Vasquez says he can’t wait to get started in the Barclays Premier League.
The Spanish striker was in Swansea on Tuesday to finalise his season-long loan deal from Getafe.
Vasquez came through the youth ranks at Espanyol before moving to Getafe last summer, and was part of the Spain Under-21 side that lifted the European Championship title back in the summer.
His arrival takes the club’s Spanish contingent up to eight — and the 22-year-old revealed his delight at completing his switch to the Liberty Stadium.
“I’m very happy to be here,” he said. “This is a really good opportunity and I will try to make the most of it this season.
“I know a lot about Swansea, not just the club but the players as well. They have a lot of Spanish players that I was aware of, and of course Michael Laudrup as well.
“I’m also aware of the great season that they had last year and now they are playing in the Europa League as well. I have never played in that competition and I’m really looking forward to it.
“Playing in the European Championships was very good. We managed to win it and I’m sure it will help me in the Premier League.
“Also, having a manager that speaks my language is great. Also, coming to a new country and new culture, I now have lots of other Spaniards here that will be really helpful.”
Vasquez joins fellow compatriots Angel Rangel, Pablo Hernandez, Jose Canas, Alejandro Pozuelo, Michu, Chico Flores and one name in particular - Jordi Amat.
Amat arrived at the Liberty earlier this summer, with Vasquez having played alongside the defender during his time at Espanyol.
And the striker says that Amat played a huge part in his switch to SA1.
“I speak to Jordi very often,” he said. “As soon as he knew I was coming he rang me and told me it would be a great move.
“He spoke highly of the club and said I would fit in well here.”
Vasquez also admitted that the lure of playing for Michael Laudrup — a hero in Spain during his playing days at Barcelona and Real Madrid — played a role in him deciding to swap La Liga for the Premier League.
“I know Laudrup as a player, and as a manager as well,” he said. “When I was playing for Espanyol I played against his Mallorca team.
“I have seen lots of videos of him as a player, and I know his teams play good football and achieve great results.
“It’s an honour for me to be here and I will try to do my best and repay him for showing faith in me.”
With the new season now underway, many players will now have an eye on next summer’s World Cup in Brazil.
But Vasquez, who has scored seven goals in 14 appearances for the Spain Under-21 side, admits it will be difficult to break into Vicente del Bosque’s squad.
“It will be very difficult because the Spanish national team have a really good squad,” he said. “I would love to go to Brazil but it will be tough.”

I hate signatures

Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 19:31 - Sep 3 with 5471 viewsLaudrup

I hate signatures

Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 19:45 - Sep 3 with 5449 viewsSwansforever

Nice eye candy for us ladies.
Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 19:50 - Sep 3 with 5439 viewsOldjack

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 19:54 - Sep 3 with 5423 viewsDr_Winston

Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 19:45 - Sep 3 by Swansforever

Filth.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 20:08 - Sep 3 with 5386 viewsSwansforever

Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 19:54 - Sep 3 by Dr_Winston

Filth.

What you men say about women is far worse!
Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 20:39 - Sep 3 with 5304 viewsDr_Winston

Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 20:08 - Sep 3 by Swansforever

What you men say about women is far worse!

And that makes it alright does it?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 21:12 - Sep 3 with 5238 viewslovejuicejack

"Vasquez also admitted that the lure of playing for Michael Laudrup — a hero in Spain during his playing days at Barcelona and Real Madrid — played a role in him deciding to swap La Liga for the Premier League."

Bang tidy this is ... very happy with this young man, think of the utter dross we could of been landed with, this lad has gallons of potential and is hungrier than Vanessa Phelps at a ryvita party to do well. Crack on lad.
Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 21:24 - Sep 3 with 5196 viewsSwansforever

Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 20:39 - Sep 3 by Dr_Winston

And that makes it alright does it?

haha. its not just the football I go to watch mind ;)
Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 21:27 - Sep 3 with 5182 viewslovejuicejack

Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 21:24 - Sep 3 by Swansforever

haha. its not just the football I go to watch mind ;)

Your proper filth hmmmm
Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 08:36 - Sep 5 with 4966 viewsLaudrup

[Post edited 5 Sep 2013 8:37]

I hate signatures

Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 10:42 - Sep 5 with 4561 viewsShaky

Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 19:45 - Sep 3 by Swansforever

Then that surely is the only possible reason for the club putting out that video of his first training session, because objectively it tells us f'ck all about anything else.

He runs around a bit, he shoots, he runs around a bit more, he has his back rubbed for a disproportionate amount of time, he traps the ball, etc, etc.

Social media is a wonderful thing that allows us to keep in touch with friends and loved ones in different parts of the world, stay abreast if news developments etc, but we are also forced to sift through an awful load dross, and surely this vid has got to be one of the worst offending examples.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 13:38 - Sep 5 with 4485 viewsViking_Jock

Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 10:42 - Sep 5 by Shaky

Then that surely is the only possible reason for the club putting out that video of his first training session, because objectively it tells us f'ck all about anything else.

He runs around a bit, he shoots, he runs around a bit more, he has his back rubbed for a disproportionate amount of time, he traps the ball, etc, etc.

Social media is a wonderful thing that allows us to keep in touch with friends and loved ones in different parts of the world, stay abreast if news developments etc, but we are also forced to sift through an awful load dross, and surely this vid has got to be one of the worst offending examples.

And women say men never talk about their feelings... We watch anything football related and we get a negative or positive feeling and immediately we most write about it to tell what we feel.

And then we all discuss said feeling.

I just noticed that we are opening the Valencia challenge soon. As popular as Swansea have become in Spain, I can't help but think that we really got the luck of the draw picking Valencia. A real opportunity to shine infront of the spaniards in a match that means something.

Do well in those 2 games and they can become more worthwhile than 10 summer tours to Korea.

I suspect, I will have a positive feeling in a couple of weeks time, I am simply that much in touch with how I feel. And women should look at football and not be so superficial and focused on the outer appearance. Typical women I must add.

Poll: Which song is the best banjo song.

Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 16:07 - Sep 5 with 4409 views2face

Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 10:42 - Sep 5 by Shaky

I like those vids. I'm actually curious what drill they are running. The whole process thing of developing a team interests me. If I could, I would go watch some of the training sessions.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2013 16:08]
Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 16:24 - Sep 5 with 4388 viewswr72

Watching that video.How important is Rangel to us at moment?He's clearly the go to man when it comes to all the new signings,our Spaniards anyway.He's priceless i'd say and is important not only as a player but in making all our new signings settle in and feel at home.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2013 16:25]
Signed: Alvaro Vazquez on 16:38 - Sep 5 with 4363 viewsWest_Wales_Will

I noticed that somebody had mentioned about his 4 goals...firstly, he was used on the wing at Getafe for the majority of last season. Secondly, I can't imagine that the quality of players Getafe had will be quite on a par with those that we have in our ranks, i.e. Michu, Cañas, Hernandez, Shelvey etc...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024