Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin!! how in god's name 12:56 - Sep 22 with 10263 viewssevenhoop

does anyone play any of: Henry, Carroll, O'Neill, Jenas, in front of him. he turned in one of the best r's performances of the season at home v Sheff Wednesday, gets injured, plays in a crap team performance in the League Cup, then gets bombed out and these play ahead of him?!

how? Why? These blokes are imposters compared with what he gives, commitment, work-rate, total involvement and, above all, drive. He drives play on. These others don't. It is completely nonsensical.

The last two centre midfield performances (Barton on Wednesday excepted) have all been woeful, yesterday simply abysmal.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2013 15:04]
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 14:58 - Sep 22 with 5858 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sadly, for us to see the best of Ale, I think he needs to be in a 4-2-3-1, and get a run of playing 10 out of a dozen games at least. I just don't think Harry will allow him that luxury, which is a real shame.

Bare bones.

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 15:05 - Sep 22 with 5834 viewsBlackCrowe

Pains me to say it but Henry and O'Neill are a half level above Ale these days. O'Neill is a revelation.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 15:10 - Sep 22 with 5820 viewsHAYESBOY

I wouldn't put O'Neil in that group but I think he is unlucky to see Carroll come in on loan when centre mid was the last position we needed to strengthen.

Henry works hard off the ball but does not have the passing ability of Faurlin.
Carroll looks too slight and wants too much time on the ball from what I have seen.

Think Barton and O'Neil are ahead of Faurlin at the moment.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 15:10 - Sep 22 with 5821 viewsDylanP

Agree with the OP 100%. It seems as though Ale got blamed for a poor cup performance last year and got blamed for a poor cup performance this year. Never mind that the whole team played badly in both those games. Never mind that he had some good performances before the cup game that seem to have been instantly forgotten. Never mind that Ale is everything we seem to be missing in the middle of the park.

I have to repeatedly remind myself that 'arry know best. I know him and his management team know a lot better than me, watch the lads day-in day-out in training, and so on. But, from the comfort of my armchair it is maddening and completely befuddling.

Jenas has had two good shots in all the time he has been at the club. One went in, the other didn't. The rest of the time he has been completely anonymous. We have seen him enough to know what we have there. Why he would be played ahead of Ale is an infuriating mystery.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 15:25 - Sep 22 with 5788 viewsBlue_Castello

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 14:58 - Sep 22 by Antti_Heinola

Sadly, for us to see the best of Ale, I think he needs to be in a 4-2-3-1, and get a run of playing 10 out of a dozen games at least. I just don't think Harry will allow him that luxury, which is a real shame.

I think you have a valid point BUT I agree with the original poster 100%, I guess a number of us are biased as we have already witnessed some great performances by Faurlin at Championship level.

Somebody posted an old interview with Barton when he said that in our first season in the Premiership Faurlin was the outstanding player and if he hadn't been injured he would have been his player of the season.

Faurlin does need game time to sharpen him up, but hes infinitely better than Carroll, from what weve seen so far, and better than Jenas who has in most of his games done a disappearing act. Faurlins a different player to O'neill so I find it difficult to say he should play in front of him but away at Yeovil yesterday he would have been a far better option than Carroll or Jenarse.

Faurlin had a very good game against Wednesday and people should stop highlighting the Swindon game and just remember hes a class player. I don't understand the need to select the lightweight Carroll in front of Faurlin, whats Harrys agenda with the boy, I could understand if Carroll was from our youth team.

No Im not having a moan, we are all entitled to question Harrys selection which a lot of people found puzzling on this mboard, but all is forgiven because the back 5 did another superb job and we stole three points with another 1-0.

I am sure our style of play will improve the longer the squad works together, fortunately the fixture list has been kind and we don't have a really tough run of games till December.
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 15:41 - Sep 22 with 5745 viewsBAWHoops

I love Ale, but he's been poor for a year now.

Henry, Barton and O Neil have all been better this season and influenced a game more.
Faurlin is just far to slow and gets caught out far to often. Bartons passing and Henrys bite are better than anything Ale has to offer.
It's a shame, but it's the truth

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 16:05 - Sep 22 with 5708 viewsMedwayR

I think a midfield 3 of Faurlin-Barton-O'Neil could work very well, similar to the West Ham trio of Diame-Noble-Nolan, although I'm not convinced Austin as a lone striker works as it doesn't seem to suit Austin too well.

If it's a midfield 2 then Henry-Barton is probably the best combination. Which leaves Jenas & Carroll out of the equation, I wonder if Spurs would only loan Assou-Ekotto if we took Carroll too...

Poll: Who’s better?

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 16:46 - Sep 22 with 5644 viewsWestonsuperR

Not sure Faurlin has ever properly recovered from his injury, no where near the player he was.
Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 17:35 - Sep 22 with 5562 viewsBlue_Castello

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 16:05 - Sep 22 by MedwayR

I think a midfield 3 of Faurlin-Barton-O'Neil could work very well, similar to the West Ham trio of Diame-Noble-Nolan, although I'm not convinced Austin as a lone striker works as it doesn't seem to suit Austin too well.

If it's a midfield 2 then Henry-Barton is probably the best combination. Which leaves Jenas & Carroll out of the equation, I wonder if Spurs would only loan Assou-Ekotto if we took Carroll too...

Agree about the midfield trio of Barton-Faurlin and O'neill I think there different skills complement each other.
As for Henrys bite in midfield I find that highly amusing because the one league game Faurlin and Henry both played, Faurlin did far more tackling than Henry.

Just watching Henry in the last home game he has improved since his first appearance but his days of tackling seem to have disappeared and hes slowed down from his peak playing for Wolves.

Ita all about opinions, I know Faurlins suddenly gone off the boil for some people but hes a far better all round player than Henry and deserves to start a game, if hes looking poor then take him off but at least give him a chance. This is all about Harrys boys playing first which just seems a bit of an injustice.
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 18:02 - Sep 22 with 5509 viewsShotKneesHoop

Faulin sitting on the bench presents more of a threat to the opposition than R's' Wipe on the pitch.

I do not understand why R's Wipe is allowed to sit on the same bus as Faulin.

Unless of course there is a brown envelope involved, .... which of course.... there is.

As Joh Lennon said: "All we are saying is, is give Ale a chance".

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 18:24 - Sep 22 with 5469 viewsAgedR

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 18:02 - Sep 22 by ShotKneesHoop

Faulin sitting on the bench presents more of a threat to the opposition than R's' Wipe on the pitch.

I do not understand why R's Wipe is allowed to sit on the same bus as Faulin.

Unless of course there is a brown envelope involved, .... which of course.... there is.

As Joh Lennon said: "All we are saying is, is give Ale a chance".

Arry doesn't trust him and, sorry to say, on the evidence since he arrived, not without good reason.

We're top, Arry doesn't need to appeal to our romantic pecadillos

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 18:30 - Sep 22 with 5453 viewsVancouverHoop

Reading between the lines Faurlin is pawn in a bit of a p***ing contest between HR and TF. He's still on the bench because TF said he would be in the squad and he wanted to re-sign him. That seems to have got 'arry's back up a bit, as team matters are his area. So Ale sits on the bench, but doesn't play.

So long as the team is getting results, it's hard for TF – or anyone else – to make a case for AF to be in the team. If we bring in a loan player or two, it's my guess Ale's will be one of the backsides that slides off the end of the bench. If we carry on winning throughout the season we've likely seen the last of him at LR. Which, as I said here last night, would be a great pity.
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 18:46 - Sep 22 with 5427 viewsstansleftfoot

Harry has said that there's four problems at QPR, No cover at Centre Half, No cover at Right Back, No Strikers other than Charlie A and finally too many Midfielders....
The problem manifests itself by not giving Ale Faurlin any game time, he's not match fit and cannot get match fit. An unfit Faurlin is a real liability but I do think he would make more impact on a game than Jenas and Carroll on yesterdays performances.
Ale's problem is that Henry, Barton, Phillips and Hoillet take their places first, O'Neil has done well, Carroll and Jenas are fit, SWP is willing....I don't think Ale Faurlin is even in the chase currently...Great Shame, a really class footballer, elegant and a joy to watch him play.
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 18:53 - Sep 22 with 5411 viewsTacticalR

He should rename himself O'Faurlin. Then he'll be the right sort.

Air hostess clique

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 19:14 - Sep 22 with 5368 viewsyankranger

I too love Faurlin, I have a great deal of respect for him. But I worry that he is just not the same player since his injury. He was never a quick player but he is even slower now. Also, the longer this goes I think his confidence will continue to erode.

I want him to succeed but think we've seen the best days of him. At our club at least.
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 19:50 - Sep 22 with 5311 viewsShotKneesHoop

Faulin has a sweet left foot. Rs Wipe has a sweet tooth and no feet. Zamora has np teeth left. Jenas is a tooth fairy.

Faulin should always be ahead of those three wasters.

The easy way for 'Arry to prove that Faulin has lost it is never to give him a chance to play ahead of all 'Arrys spuds mates. This time two years ago Faulin was the top ball winner in the premier. Injury or not, he should still be given a run out.

I still think he has a lot to offer.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 01:17 - Sep 23 with 5117 viewsSonofNorfolt

Seven hoop is on the money, and perhaps Vancouver has a point.

I spoke to Gary O'Neill whilst we were all stuck in the Yeovil traffic jam, and asked him about the strange midfield selection, to which he agreed, and said he was unsure why.
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 05:26 - Sep 23 with 5038 viewsLoft1979

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 18:46 - Sep 22 by stansleftfoot

Harry has said that there's four problems at QPR, No cover at Centre Half, No cover at Right Back, No Strikers other than Charlie A and finally too many Midfielders....
The problem manifests itself by not giving Ale Faurlin any game time, he's not match fit and cannot get match fit. An unfit Faurlin is a real liability but I do think he would make more impact on a game than Jenas and Carroll on yesterdays performances.
Ale's problem is that Henry, Barton, Phillips and Hoillet take their places first, O'Neil has done well, Carroll and Jenas are fit, SWP is willing....I don't think Ale Faurlin is even in the chase currently...Great Shame, a really class footballer, elegant and a joy to watch him play.

I could comment next a dozen of the posts here. All are intelligent and insightfull.
I too love Faurlin. BUT before we say HR hates him remember HR WANTED him at Spurs.
-Also before we start this too many midfielders thing....We play 4-5 midfielders...so how many is too many? If we have too many why edoes HR get TWO more?
-REBUTTAL: This post is about Faurlin: He is the 3rd best defensive midfielder after Henry and JB. But JB is the best center and right midfielder. So Ale really is Henry's cover.
-It's early yet Faurlin will play. He was realy bad last year, better this year. My insight is he is proving his fitness.
-Tom Carroll came in like Fabio and Macheda. Not really made a fast start has he? Jenas...not really impressed either.

-conclusion?: Ale's passing ability will eventually see him get back into the team once his fitness and timing are back. Nobody on this team can pass like Ale...No one.
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 05:42 - Sep 23 with 5035 viewsDylanP

There are some really creative conspiracy theories on this thread. I think some of the posters should think about writing for a living - use all that imaginative energy to generate some income.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 07:40 - Sep 23 with 4957 viewsTacticalR

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 05:42 - Sep 23 by DylanP

There are some really creative conspiracy theories on this thread. I think some of the posters should think about writing for a living - use all that imaginative energy to generate some income.

Bilderberg?

Air hostess clique

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 08:40 - Sep 23 with 4893 viewsCharlie1

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 15:05 - Sep 22 by BlackCrowe

Pains me to say it but Henry and O'Neill are a half level above Ale these days. O'Neill is a revelation.

Yep - I love Ale but there is some blind love on here. He's had some indifferent performances and the number one priority at the start of the season was to steady the ship. Then get confidence back and you do that, by winning games. You can't win games by giving the ball away in midfield.

Ale needs game time, confidence in both his fitness and playing abilities to get back playing as the player we know and love. With Niko in the hole, that would be awesome to watch.

I'd loan him out for a few months to someone where we know he will play. In either this or league one.

2:59 baby!

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 09:05 - Sep 23 with 4855 viewsjeffro

I love Ale, but you seem to forget, his midfield have contributed to 6 clean sheets and put us top of the league. Not too bad really and sound reasoning for ALe not to be starting.
The penalty Saturday came from O'neil bursting forward from midfield then laying the ball off to Austin, Faurlin cannot do that and isnt as defensive as Henry, hence being in the middle somewhere and not starting.
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 09:31 - Sep 23 with 4816 viewsnadera78

This midfield of ours works hard and covers a lot of ground but contains no-one who can pass a bloody football. It's a waste of time TF talking about 2 new strikers and how that's going to lead to a stack of goals, the problem is the complete lack of attacking intent and ability from the midfield.

O'Neill works his knackers off but couldn't create anything if he played for the rest of his life.
SWP is the same as O'Neill.
Henry sits deep and fills in space in front of the back four, but offers nothing else.
Barton does a little bit of everything but is isolated with no real passing options around him.
Jenas does nothing at all. Mr invisible.
Carroll is so out of his depth it's untrue. Weak on and off the ball, and when he picks it up he always plays it into pre-designated areas; 'If I get it here, I must put it there'.
Hoilett is dangerous running at defenders but rarely passes or crosses, preferring to cut in and shoot.
Phillips we haven't seen much of really, but seems similar to Hoilett.

Going through that list there is no-one who can put his foot on the ball and keep the team ticking over or create anything for other people. That's why we're short of goals. That's exactly the sort of game Faurlin plays. He was at the heart of everything when we won the Championship and our first six months in the PL. Yes, he needs game time but it's criminal to see him sitting on the bench while we struggle to play football and eke out 1-0's.
Faurlin!! how in god's name on 09:45 - Sep 23 with 4803 viewsTacticalR

Also...we went through hell with that court case, so we need payback for all that pain and suffering.

Air hostess clique

Faurlin!! how in god's name on 09:50 - Sep 23 with 4794 viewsRblockPrior

Hurts me to say it but O'neill Barton, Henry are class above Faurlin, I thought Faurlin played well first game of the season and was so pleased to see him in the team but he was shocking in the league cup game which Harry has used against him. I really do hope he gets another chance although I can see the reasons on why he hasnt been getting a game recently! Ale will always be a fav of mine no matter what

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024