Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? 13:34 - Sep 23 with 14107 viewsmarchamjack

Followed the Swans since mid/late '70's and thought I'd never see a better player in a Swans shirt than Curt (still my hero), but I think Michu might now be the very best I've seen (I'm not old enough to remember Ivor, the other obvious candidate).

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 13:48 - Sep 23 with 10245 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

I've only been following the Swans since the mid to late 90s, so for me he certainly is.

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 13:53 - Sep 23 with 10228 viewsairedale

For me it was one of the 2 Yugos we had in the early 80s. I can't remember which one it was though, but there wasn't a better player in the 1st division IMO.
Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 13:53 - Sep 23 with 10225 viewsLT10__JS9__SS11

This is the best squad ever and he is the best player in this squad so yes
Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 13:58 - Sep 23 with 10200 viewsGowerjack

No.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 14:00 - Sep 23 with 10190 viewskarnataka

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 13:53 - Sep 23 by airedale

For me it was one of the 2 Yugos we had in the early 80s. I can't remember which one it was though, but there wasn't a better player in the 1st division IMO.

You may be thinking of Ante Rajkovic who always gets my vote too but Michu is definitely up there with the best. Let's hope we can keep him for a long time. The big clubs may have thought his performance last season may have been a flash in the pan hence the lukewarm interest during the summer but he's already proving that wasn't the case and could end up with more goals than last season. Michu & Bony, 10 between them already.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2013 14:01]
Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? (n/t) on 14:08 - Sep 23 with 10164 viewstf_jack

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 14:00 - Sep 23 by karnataka

You may be thinking of Ante Rajkovic who always gets my vote too but Michu is definitely up there with the best. Let's hope we can keep him for a long time. The big clubs may have thought his performance last season may have been a flash in the pan hence the lukewarm interest during the summer but he's already proving that wasn't the case and could end up with more goals than last season. Michu & Bony, 10 between them already.

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 14:11 - Sep 23 with 10140 viewsRicky

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 13:48 - Sep 23 by AtleticoAbertawe

I've only been following the Swans since the mid to late 90s, so for me he certainly is.

I second this. Difficult to look past Leon Britton though - different type of player, hard to compare but outstanding also.
Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 14:12 - Sep 23 with 10129 viewsperchrockjack

He is the most significant IMO .

Ante was great and Jimmjy was a folk hero but class wise I d say Michu on a par with Ivor.
He s really that good

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 14:24 - Sep 23 with 10088 viewsairedale

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 14:00 - Sep 23 by karnataka

Yes I think it was Ante. I remember back then being absolutely gob smacked that he didn't make the Yugoslavia World Cup squad.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2013 14:24]
Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 14:43 - Sep 23 with 10045 viewsBackHeel

he is class - strokes the ball
Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 15:07 - Sep 23 with 9991 viewsepaul

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 14:12 - Sep 23 by perchrockjack

He is the most significant IMO .

Ante was great and Jimmjy was a folk hero but class wise I d say Michu on a par with Ivor.
He s really that good

lofty praise indeed Mr Lewis, he's up there, for me but for what ive seen playing for us again been watching snce mid 70's and its Curt and Robbie for me at the mo, guess it depends on how long Michu stays and what we achieve
[Post edited 23 Sep 2013 15:08]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 15:08 - Sep 23 with 9980 viewsSpokenword

Defiantly the best in my lifetime. Was thinking too myself that he has it all whilst watching the game. Lethal in front of goal, team player, and just a genuine down to earth guy that obviously loves the game and the club. Prior to that it was Lee Trundle.
Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 15:10 - Sep 23 with 9975 viewsJackanapes

My brother always said that we we should aspire to having a team of Danny Bartleys . FACT

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 15:11 - Sep 23 with 9968 viewsmawdlamjack

he's up there with the best,but then again we've had a few- ivor,curt,robbie, ante,latchford(the best cf we ever had) i can only list players i've seen,my old man used to rave about a guy called fowler who couldn't stop banging them in. but for attitude ,passion and class michu is right up there with the best .

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 16:05 - Sep 23 with 9868 viewsDrWig

He may turn out to be. Too young for Ivor but certainly up there with Curt, Robbie, Ante and Bob Latchford already. He has the potential to have the biggest impact on the club, though Robbie James will always be my hero followed by Ante for kicking that Cardiff player into space in the Welsh Cup in '82

The only alternative to the spectacle is the spectacle of the alternative.

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 16:27 - Sep 23 with 9800 viewsdeanscfc

This is a different level now than the past and Michu is the stand out player of our team and a player who would strengthen any side in the premier league.
Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 16:54 - Sep 23 with 9702 viewsCatullus

Who do we miss the most when not available?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 16:57 - Sep 23 with 9693 viewsCatullus

Til this season it was Leon. He's my choice, has been so important to us for so long. If he could score 7-10 a season we'd never have kept him. He's our metrognome, spelling intended!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 17:10 - Sep 23 with 9657 viewsdeanscfc

Seems people are interpeting this as which player has made the biggest contribution for the swans. Michu has only been here just over a season so he can't win that, but he's got to be the player with the most class...surely? Should be in the Spanish squad for me.
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:01 - Sep 23 with 9564 viewsDaithejack

Its hard to compare eras but considering he's up against the best players in the world now which wasn't the case in the 60s,70s and 80s when there were not as many foreign imports as there are now he's up there with the very best for me, In fact I think the best for his all around game. My old man still says its Ivor though!
[Post edited 23 Sep 2013 18:07]

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 18:07 - Sep 23 with 9546 viewstimendalli

i have been watching the swans since 1974...and i have too say i was always a big fan of robbie curt etc...and although i think michu is absolute class......for me it has to be trundle, his signing was the start of this remarkable run we have had, he was the player that got the supporters coming back, basically he put us back on the footballing map.

drop your guns? your surrounded by armed bastards!

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 18:28 - Sep 23 with 9496 viewsdeanscfc

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 18:34 - Sep 23 with 9469 viewspencoedjack

Best player I have seen for us without doubt
Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 18:35 - Sep 23 with 9463 viewsWhiterockin

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 18:07 - Sep 23 by timendalli

i have been watching the swans since 1974...and i have too say i was always a big fan of robbie curt etc...and although i think michu is absolute class......for me it has to be trundle, his signing was the start of this remarkable run we have had, he was the player that got the supporters coming back, basically he put us back on the footballing map.

You can not be serious.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 19:55 - Sep 23 with 9291 viewsGowerjack

Trundle?

Fcuk me we have some right plums on here.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024