Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? 13:34 - Sep 23 with 14126 viewsmarchamjack

Followed the Swans since mid/late '70's and thought I'd never see a better player in a Swans shirt than Curt (still my hero), but I think Michu might now be the very best I've seen (I'm not old enough to remember Ivor, the other obvious candidate).

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 21:02 - Sep 23 with 4099 viewsborinifanclub

been watching the swans since 64....saw ivor in his second spell...magic!
saw curt in his pomp ...magic
seen michu for 2 seasons....magic
How long will he stay? If he stays 5 years he will be THE best swans player ever....
Trouble is styles and teams are so different now lets just enjoy it all!

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 21:03 - Sep 23 with 4097 viewsOldjack

He's certainly up there with the best, Big Bob included

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 21:09 - Sep 23 with 4068 viewsScoobyDoo

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 21:03 - Sep 23 by Oldjack

He's certainly up there with the best, Big Bob included

Thought you be more in tune with the Deeen Haaaaaag players mate?
Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 21:17 - Sep 23 with 4059 viewsSwansNZ

As most of us older folks have said (not so old as to see Ivor), Curt and Robbie were great, Ante, Latchford too, but I think Michu is probably up there as the best I’ve seen, but it’s hard to compare different eras etc. Whilst it might be early to say this after just 1 full season, don’t forget Curt/Robbie etc only had 2 at the top with us — not their fault I know

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 22:04 - Sep 23 with 4014 viewsrob

Ferrie Bodde for me. Personally, I just loved watching him play.
Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 22:25 - Sep 23 with 3987 viewsWarwickHunt

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 19:55 - Sep 23 by Gowerjack

Trundle?

Fcuk me we have some right plums on here.

Bit harsh on plums.
Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 05:51 - Sep 24 with 3885 viewsNOTRAC

If the best ever Swans player relates to a players career and not just to his time at Swansea,then Chinaglio probably achieved more in his career than any other Swansea player.Also Lamphard,even though both only played a few games for us.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 05:57 - Sep 24 with 3879 viewsDr_Winston

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 22:25 - Sep 23 by WarwickHunt

Bit harsh on plums.

Innit.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 10:36 - Sep 24 with 3805 viewsgetcarter

Michu is fantastic playing for us, he may not be as effective elseware
Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 10:44 - Sep 24 with 3795 viewswr72

Without a shadow of a doubt he's the best footballer we've seen at this club in most of our lifetimes.The lad is borderline world class.

Robbie was a very good player as was Curtis,never saw Allchurch but Michu has been a star in La Liga and now the Premier League and the scariest thing of all is he seems to be getting better.Maybe 'scariest' was the wrong description but you know what i mean.
Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 12:45 - Sep 24 with 3725 viewsperchrockjack

Its worth expanding this thread for you youngfeckers.
Ivor finished up with us when he was well past his best but he still had masses of class.
Newcastle saw the best of him and he did well for Wales and its shocking to see how few caps he had when you think of the likes who ve collected similar number who weren't worthy to clean his jockstrap.
Michu is no doubt our talisman in the same way Trundle was. No really.

No comparison as a player but the team bounced off his enthusiasm and charisma.

Ivor was a thing of beauty ,in the way Michu is not. To me Michu is a Doberman of a player whereas Ivor was a Red Setter. Britton,ok is a Jack Russell of the worst type.

woof

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 12:52 - Sep 24 with 3714 viewsDrWig

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 12:45 - Sep 24 by perchrockjack

Ivor finished up with us when he was well past his best but he still had masses of class.
Newcastle saw the best of him and he did well for Wales and its shocking to see how few caps he had when you think of the likes who ve collected similar number who weren't worthy to clean his jockstrap.

Ivor was a thing of beauty ,in the way Michu is not. To me Michu is a Doberman of a player whereas Ivor was a Red Setter. Britton,ok is a Jack Russell of the worst type.

woof

Lovely analogy there Richie. Great to have so many 'working dogs' in the team rather than the 'yard dogs' of old Jack Russells are great and keep going for years. Hope there are a few years left in ours yet.

The only alternative to the spectacle is the spectacle of the alternative.

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 14:54 - Sep 24 with 3665 viewsCatullus

Britton is a jack Russell when we haven't got the ball, he is so much more when we have.
Comparing the two, neither could do what the other can. No one keeps the ball like Leon and no one scares defenders like Michu!
[Post edited 24 Sep 2013 14:55]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 15:23 - Sep 24 with 3646 viewstf_jack

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 14:54 - Sep 24 by Catullus

Britton is a jack Russell when we haven't got the ball, he is so much more when we have.
Comparing the two, neither could do what the other can. No one keeps the ball like Leon and no one scares defenders like Michu!
[Post edited 24 Sep 2013 14:55]

Cliff Jones,Terry Medwin and Mel Nurse are also amongst the greats

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 15:11 - Sep 25 with 3555 viewsBrynmill_Jack

These debates are pretty much pointless due to the differences in the cultures of these different eras etc etc.
My Dad's idol was Ivor Allchurch (mentioned also by Sir Matt Busby as his favourite player) but the fitness levels of those times/sports science was very basic ompared to now.
Michu I think has to be up there as no.1 though for the following reasons :-
1. He's a consistent goal scorer and a scorer of great goals in this one of the top leagues in world football.
2. He has won a major trophy whilst of course none of the other contenders have with Swansea.
Latchford was a great finisher but Michu's finishing eclipses even that, and we have to bear in mind that his favoured position is attacking midfielder not really an out and out striker.
But his ultimate characteristic is how well he reads the game. His brain speed is on another level, allowing him to anticipate everything faster than the opposition players and gets him that vital split second which of course is all he needs.
Add to that his all round team play, how unselfish he is, how much he loves the club and loves playing for us and i think that makes him the outright winner.
His contribution for the second goal on Sunday was just glorious. After taking a clattering from behind from Danny Gabbidon he got straight up, called for the pass into his feet and just rolled Gabbidon around as if he just wasn't there. Brilliant ! Just brilliant

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 15:16 - Sep 25 with 3263 viewsperchrockjack

Good shout Brynnie and th reason wjhy many of us older ones are holding our hands up to say this guy really is the BEST we ve ever had.
Cliff,Medwin and the 50s lads were talented but Id say tis guy is the most effective player,mainly because he wont be bullied or kicked about.
This and his incredible hunger genuinely staggers me and he must be a feckn monster to play against.
I just hope Bony can look to him for inspiration as he is really to get fully started and could well be a real force in the PL.
Oh,one last thing,please don't mention Ivor and Boddie in the same sentence. No comparison at all

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 15:44 - Sep 25 with 3246 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 15:16 - Sep 25 by perchrockjack

Good shout Brynnie and th reason wjhy many of us older ones are holding our hands up to say this guy really is the BEST we ve ever had.
Cliff,Medwin and the 50s lads were talented but Id say tis guy is the most effective player,mainly because he wont be bullied or kicked about.
This and his incredible hunger genuinely staggers me and he must be a feckn monster to play against.
I just hope Bony can look to him for inspiration as he is really to get fully started and could well be a real force in the PL.
Oh,one last thing,please don't mention Ivor and Boddie in the same sentence. No comparison at all

I didn't mention Ferrie. He never had the chance to show he could ply at the top level because of injury but at his best he wouldn't have had anything near the impact Michu has.
Michu is rightly a monster at 6'1" and Bony looks like he can play with him, becoming a monster in his own right.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 16:01 - Sep 25 with 3227 viewsmarchamjack

Interesting dropping back in having started this thread that there's now a good few of us older fans (who went through the last top flight campaign) place Michu as the BEST. Love Curt, Robbie and Ante was great, as was LT10 at his level, and Leon is a legend and others will always get honourable mentions, but Michu is just staggering really. I won't repeat all what many have said above, but I'll be amazed if I get to see a better player for us if I'm lucky enough to see the Swans for another 30+ years.

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 16:01 - Sep 25 with 3226 views2face

How good was Jan Mølby as a player, when he was player-manager?
Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 16:34 - Sep 25 with 3198 viewsmarchamjack

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 16:01 - Sep 25 by 2face

How good was Jan Mølby as a player, when he was player-manager?

Best player I have seen that never moved outside a small 10 yard turning circle in the centre of the pitch. Also the fattest player I have ever seen for the Swans (fatter even than LT10 and Andy Robinson if the young 'uns can believe that).

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 16:41 - Sep 25 with 3195 viewsDrWig

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 16:34 - Sep 25 by marchamjack

Best player I have seen that never moved outside a small 10 yard turning circle in the centre of the pitch. Also the fattest player I have ever seen for the Swans (fatter even than LT10 and Andy Robinson if the young 'uns can believe that).

I'm sure Jan had his shorts made from redundant sails as his backside was so big. His passing was great but essentially he stood on the centre spot and sprayed the ball around. I loved the Molby team though, there was something so Cavalier about it. But like the Civil War John Hollins' Roundheads were more successful. I'll never forgive John Frain.

The only alternative to the spectacle is the spectacle of the alternative.

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 02:34 - Sep 26 with 3119 viewsSwansNZ

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 12:45 - Sep 24 by perchrockjack

woof

Whilst I’m not old enough to have seen Ivor play, in his first spell with us, he would have been one hell of a player, before moving to Newcastle.

I would assume that there were not so many International games back in those days, so his 68 caps would have been well over 100 if Wales played as much as they do now.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 10:30 - Sep 26 with 3076 viewsJoeBaxi

Michu is world class. No one else comes remotely close. Not even Trundle
Is Michu THE best ever Swans player? on 10:52 - Sep 26 with 3070 viewsDyfnant

I'm surprised no one from that Hull match has had a shout yet.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024