Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff City fan in Peace 13:11 - Oct 2 with 8667 viewsAshleyCCFC

Alright Gents,
Just popped over here to get your thoughts on how you think the season has gone for yourselves and us so far and your opinion on new signings ETC . Genuinely just looking for some debate with fans of our rival club so if your just going to hurl abuse my way please refrain from commenting. After experiencing the premier league for the first time in the last 6 games the step up in quality is blatantly obvious and i can see that it is an unforgiving league at the best of times. How do you think the season will pan out for the both of us ?
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:24 - Oct 2 with 2537 viewsSenhin

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:18 - Oct 2 by AshleyCCFC

In what way am i criticising you ? I have been nothing but respectful on here. If you think that then you really need to lighten up. If you want to talk about that have a look at the troll above who gave me a load of abuse to which i didnt respond! If your talking about the Kim remark that was a light hearted joke due to the fact that you have got rid of Ki. I suppose you think calling you ' a genuine mid-table premier league side' is criticising you do you ? If that is true then my point about a lot of Swansea Fan's delusions of grandeur is correct (a point which loads of Swansea fans have made in other threads on this board about your fellow supporters). That again is an honest point which im sure a lot of you will agree with and NOT criticism.

And he's still better than Kim ;)

But anyways, in all seriousness, that 'troll' I'm pretty sure is one of yours if you'd have seen his comments on practically everything bar this topic. Here he saw an oppertunity to make it look like he's a swans fan by slagging off his own club. Pretty sure that was him anyway, I've lost track a bit... There have been a few of them this season.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:27 - Oct 2 with 2536 viewsAshleyCCFC

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:22 - Oct 2 by _

The little red tw@t is obviously scared about us coming on here and posting all that guff.

The scum have had a little minor success early doors and a freak result against Man City and they all now think this will be a doddle. 13th to 16th haha!!

I see he's got Campbell down for a bumper 6 goal Premier League haul. He's on 2 now haha!!! Clubs don't give a shit about the promoted teams this time of year, after Christmas lets see you back on here with your pompous nonsense.

Hey, maybe your Korean fella will get you the goals you'll need, someone's got to...

I see the abusive, argmentative posters have now infiltrated this thread. I won't resort to trading insults because if you think that makes you a hard man over a message board then good on you. To the Swansea fans who gave honest opinions earlier on in this debate thank you very much appreciate it.
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:29 - Oct 2 with 2528 viewsAshleyCCFC

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:24 - Oct 2 by Senhin

And he's still better than Kim ;)

But anyways, in all seriousness, that 'troll' I'm pretty sure is one of yours if you'd have seen his comments on practically everything bar this topic. Here he saw an oppertunity to make it look like he's a swans fan by slagging off his own club. Pretty sure that was him anyway, I've lost track a bit... There have been a few of them this season.

So hes a Cardiff Fan acting as a Swansea fan abusing other Cardiff fans ? HAHA i agree then he must have way too much time on his hands.
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:34 - Oct 2 with 2516 viewsSenhin

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:29 - Oct 2 by AshleyCCFC

So hes a Cardiff Fan acting as a Swansea fan abusing other Cardiff fans ? HAHA i agree then he must have way too much time on his hands.

Although he might not be one of them, as I said I've lost track. If not he could just be an unplesant person.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:42 - Oct 2 with 2500 viewsDevz00

In what way am i criticising you ? I have been nothing but respectful on here. If you think that then you really need to lighten up. If you want to talk about that have a look at the troll above who gave me a load of abuse to which i didnt respond! If your talking about the Kim remark that was a light hearted joke due to the fact that you have got rid of Ki. I suppose you think calling you ' a genuine mid-table premier league side' is criticising you do you ? If that is true then my point about a lot of Swansea Fan's delusions of grandeur is correct (a point which loads of Swansea fans have made in other threads on this board about your fellow supporters). That again is an honest point which im sure a lot of you will agree with and NOT criticism.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:42 - Oct 2 with 2497 viewsDevz00

Calm down mun. Like I said, it doesn't bother me.

You were saying that our fans suffer from delusions of grandeur about how other sides see us? I think this says more about you than anything else. We get treated with respect by most teams we come across these days and our win in Valencia recently has given us further headlines around Europe.

In my opinion, there seems to be a fair few Cardiff fans that were thinking they would come up and steal the headlines from their little brothers down west and it hasn't really gone that way. Still, early days. Who knows what will happen?

Regarding Ki and Kim, you're basing the performances of one of your star players in your first few games in the Premier League against one of our squad players of last season and who's now out on loan. It just seems like you started off with false intentions in this thread and a few posts later you are starting to brag a bit.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:59 - Oct 2 with 2468 viewsJBT95

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 13:34 - Oct 2 by wr72

It looks like Laudrup is putting the europa league as priority and just happy to stay up in the league.

What planet do you live on? I've lost count how many times he has said the PL is the most important thing. No PL, no League Cup entry round 2/3 that allows us to play in Europe if we win it, nor if we do well enough europe through a high league finish.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2013 15:59]
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 16:05 - Oct 2 with 2466 viewslifelong

Much too early yet to say how the season will pan out for either of us, the next 7 or 8 fixtures will give us more of an idea.

Keeping a fully fit squad will also be a big factor, there is no doubt that the strength in depth of both squads will be severely tested as the season progresses.

Whether we like it or not Cardiff are proving to be a difficult side to beat because they defend well in numbers, to be able to continue that system requires a very high fitness level of all their players.
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 16:06 - Oct 2 with 2465 viewsdeanscfc

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 13:57 - Oct 2 by AshleyCCFC

I agree i think both Caulker and Medel have been excellent and are clearly both players of genuine Premier League quality. (Though that is to be expected after what we paid) . Although i think Caulker is an investment and the very minimum we will get if he were to move on would be what we paid. I think your point on the way we play is a tad harsh. Agreed we played with numbers behind the ball against Manchester City and Spurs but i honestly think that with where we are at the moment that was the best policy. (As proven with teh win against Citeh) If we had gone toe to toe and attacked both these teams we would have been on the wrong end of emphatic beatings. However against the teams we have played of similar quality such as Fulham on saturday we had over 20 shots on their goal so you can hardly say we had '10 men behind the ball and tried to nick a goal'. Its all about sizing up your opponents and giving yourself the best chance of getting something. These opening games have given me confidence we can stay in this division.

In regards to you guys obviously its top 12-11 places you should be aiming at finishing again. Was dissapointed in your performances against Man united and Arsenal though agreed you had the better of Liverpool and should have probably got 3 points. Great results against West Brom and Palace though to be fair.I do think that Europe will take its toll on your squad and your league position will suffer as a result of this without question. I do fancy you for a good run in the Europa leauge to be fair and that could become a bigger priority the further you go. Really dissapointed with your £12 mill striker from what i have seen though he is still settling in and could well come good. The Derby games will be fantastic occasions though i think you could be slightly mistaken if you think we will just defend for our lives against you especially at the CC stadium. As well has you have done you don't command the respect of Man City, Spurs ETC just yet. We have players going forward who can hurt teams in this division and your defence especially without Williams does look suspect at times.

Not trying to be harsh about your style - but i work with some Cardiff fans who have said it isn't great to watch and think Cardiff have some of the lowest passing stats in the PL. I have only seen bits of you against West Ham, Man City, Tottenham and the last 5-10 mins against Fulham though.

I agree with someone else who said it will suit us down to the ground if you do try to attack us in the derby. I will be honest and say I'm worried about the derby but that is if you defend very deep and play long balls up to guys like Odemwingie/whip in the free kicks (which would be hard for any team to play against - see Barca/Celtic last night). If you try to pass it around against us then I'm confident that we'd pick up quite a convincing win because we're very good at it and I don't think that's bias or arrogant to say.

Re Bony - he's not had a bad start. Scored a fair few in Europe and his assist against Arsenal was class. Took his goal well against Man Utd. He obviously has a lot of talent as he proved in the Dutch league by being their top player but we need to find a way to play to his strengths more. He is strong with his head and we haven't been giving him the quality crosses recently. He's not quick but is very strong and I can see him causing havoc once he gets into his stride.

Like I said I think you should be just safe because you'll be difficult to beat. But if you could try to beat us at our own game during the derby then that'd be great
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 16:21 - Oct 2 with 2436 viewsAshleyCCFC

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 16:06 - Oct 2 by deanscfc

Not trying to be harsh about your style - but i work with some Cardiff fans who have said it isn't great to watch and think Cardiff have some of the lowest passing stats in the PL. I have only seen bits of you against West Ham, Man City, Tottenham and the last 5-10 mins against Fulham though.

I agree with someone else who said it will suit us down to the ground if you do try to attack us in the derby. I will be honest and say I'm worried about the derby but that is if you defend very deep and play long balls up to guys like Odemwingie/whip in the free kicks (which would be hard for any team to play against - see Barca/Celtic last night). If you try to pass it around against us then I'm confident that we'd pick up quite a convincing win because we're very good at it and I don't think that's bias or arrogant to say.

Re Bony - he's not had a bad start. Scored a fair few in Europe and his assist against Arsenal was class. Took his goal well against Man Utd. He obviously has a lot of talent as he proved in the Dutch league by being their top player but we need to find a way to play to his strengths more. He is strong with his head and we haven't been giving him the quality crosses recently. He's not quick but is very strong and I can see him causing havoc once he gets into his stride.

Like I said I think you should be just safe because you'll be difficult to beat. But if you could try to beat us at our own game during the derby then that'd be great

I agree sometimes its not the best to watch but as stated above in games against Man city, Spurs Etc that is the only way we stood any chance in my opinion. We played a lot more expanisve against Fulham with 20 odd shots on goal so we did show we can mix it with sides of a similar ability. In regards to the derby i think youve slightly misunderstood me. I'm not saying we will have a go at 'tika-taka' and try to pass you off the park because obviously that would be foolish against you and would more than likely see us lose the game. What i'm saying is that it will be more expansive than it was against Man City and Spurs and wont be (as predicted above) 10 men behind the ball and wait for set pieces. I think we will defend in numbers but we will commit when we have the ball (as we did against Fulham, Hull ETC) Hope your right about us being safe and if we can keep picking up points at home then im sure we have enough to do that.
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 16:53 - Oct 2 with 2401 viewsdeanscfc

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 16:21 - Oct 2 by AshleyCCFC

I agree sometimes its not the best to watch but as stated above in games against Man city, Spurs Etc that is the only way we stood any chance in my opinion. We played a lot more expanisve against Fulham with 20 odd shots on goal so we did show we can mix it with sides of a similar ability. In regards to the derby i think youve slightly misunderstood me. I'm not saying we will have a go at 'tika-taka' and try to pass you off the park because obviously that would be foolish against you and would more than likely see us lose the game. What i'm saying is that it will be more expansive than it was against Man City and Spurs and wont be (as predicted above) 10 men behind the ball and wait for set pieces. I think we will defend in numbers but we will commit when we have the ball (as we did against Fulham, Hull ETC) Hope your right about us being safe and if we can keep picking up points at home then im sure we have enough to do that.

Well that will make it a very interesting game. I think when you do commit numbers forward then we will have a good chance of scoring. Laudrup has given us two dimensions...we can play total posession football but are also very effective on the counter with quick wingers and now the attacking players to get on the end of it. We haven't taken some of our chances well recently but have created quite a few. I think we are a different standard to Fulham and Hull this season.
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 17:29 - Oct 2 with 2367 viewsdgt73

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:59 - Oct 2 by AshleyCCFC

With all due respect you keep the ball in your own half just as well. Not in the action areas that these other teams so.

What does a cardiff fan know about football. Fuking nothing.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 17:32 - Oct 2 with 2360 viewsOldjack

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:27 - Oct 2 by AshleyCCFC

I see the abusive, argmentative posters have now infiltrated this thread. I won't resort to trading insults because if you think that makes you a hard man over a message board then good on you. To the Swansea fans who gave honest opinions earlier on in this debate thank you very much appreciate it.

My honest opinion , i couldn't give a flying fuk about your horrible little club ,you should have took the hit two seasons ago, took it on the chin like a man,your living on borrowed time and monies, and one day it's gonna haunt you big time, amen

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 17:36 - Oct 2 with 2355 viewsAshleyCCFC

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 17:29 - Oct 2 by dgt73

What does a cardiff fan know about football. Fuking nothing.

I know that Swansea are good at playing possession football and indeed keep the ball very well. I also know that you are not as good in the final third of the pitch as Spurs or Man City. Which was the original point! How can you disagree with that ?
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 17:57 - Oct 2 with 2339 viewswr72

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:59 - Oct 2 by JBT95

What planet do you live on? I've lost count how many times he has said the PL is the most important thing. No PL, no League Cup entry round 2/3 that allows us to play in Europe if we win it, nor if we do well enough europe through a high league finish.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2013 15:59]

He loves the cups does Mikey.He knows we won't win the league but is aware we could win a cup.

I don't think my comment was from another planet either.
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 18:19 - Oct 2 with 2367 viewsdgt73

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 17:36 - Oct 2 by AshleyCCFC

I know that Swansea are good at playing possession football and indeed keep the ball very well. I also know that you are not as good in the final third of the pitch as Spurs or Man City. Which was the original point! How can you disagree with that ?

Ffs talk about stating the obvious, not as good as man city snd spurs look how much they have spent on players compared to Swansea.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 18:46 - Oct 2 with 2325 viewsChief

I think we are well within our rights considering the successes of the last few years and the size, strength and depth of the squad currently to be confident of getting 3 points in all the games against the teams outside the top 7 (man u, man city, arse, spurs, chelsea, liverpool, everton). They, to me are bonus games. With the other 12 teams in the league, that is a total of 72 points up for grabs. yes, we will not get 72 points from that, but we will nick the odd one or two from the top 7 as we did with Liverpool. we'll probably end up with about 50 points and about an 11th place finish.

From what I have seen from Cardiff so far, they have done well, better than expected, but they are on the crest of a wave. I have seen enough to think that they will stay up, but it will be a scrap from xmas on for them. 16th
[Post edited 2 Oct 2013 18:47]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 20:15 - Oct 2 with 2254 viewsdeanscfc

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 18:46 - Oct 2 by Chief

I think we are well within our rights considering the successes of the last few years and the size, strength and depth of the squad currently to be confident of getting 3 points in all the games against the teams outside the top 7 (man u, man city, arse, spurs, chelsea, liverpool, everton). They, to me are bonus games. With the other 12 teams in the league, that is a total of 72 points up for grabs. yes, we will not get 72 points from that, but we will nick the odd one or two from the top 7 as we did with Liverpool. we'll probably end up with about 50 points and about an 11th place finish.

From what I have seen from Cardiff so far, they have done well, better than expected, but they are on the crest of a wave. I have seen enough to think that they will stay up, but it will be a scrap from xmas on for them. 16th
[Post edited 2 Oct 2013 18:47]

True, but we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves.
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 21:30 - Oct 2 with 2217 viewsMillJack

Hi Dimi
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 22:16 - Oct 2 with 2181 viewsVincent_Vega

Feels like we've gone backwards because of the results against manure, spurs, lpool and arsenal which goes to show how far we've progressed this season. The points total is at this stage is the same as last year and this campaign we've hard a much harder start so overall I'm happy so far. All our signings have made a mostly positive impact and Europa League is a right laugh, that opinion might change as fixtures pile up. Home form is a niggle but in Laudrup we trust and I'm sure we'll turn that around.

You lot have genuinely surprised me. I thought you'd be cannon fodder and be where Sunderland are now especially after the West Ham game but you have a very good manager in MM and you guys look organised..... So far. Your tactics along with injuries and suspensions will make sure you'll have a long hard slog however if I were you I'd be more confident now after your start.

I can't confidently predict both our final positions as the league is so open this season however here goes,
Swans 12th (Europa quarters)
Cardiff 16th (last day scramble with 5 other teams from 14th-18th place)

Oh derby days,
Car 1-3 Swans
Swans 2-2 Car

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 23:18 - Oct 2 with 2138 viewsCatullus

Delusions about how other teams see us? Maybe that's because of the things said about us by other managers and pundits?
We command a certain degree of respect for what our (small) club has achieved, promoted teams aspire to be in our position.
We've had a tough start with plenty of games. The next couple of months look easier for us.
You've done ok. An excellent result against the mancs. Whether you can keep it up or it's early season adrenaline is yet to be known.
If you keep picking up home points you could do ok. How you handle the inevitable bad run will be important. We had a long bad run after the cup win but fortunately already had enough points. Where you are at Christmas will be a good indication.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 08:05 - Oct 3 with 2064 viewsOldjack

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 23:18 - Oct 2 by Catullus

Delusions about how other teams see us? Maybe that's because of the things said about us by other managers and pundits?
We command a certain degree of respect for what our (small) club has achieved, promoted teams aspire to be in our position.
We've had a tough start with plenty of games. The next couple of months look easier for us.
You've done ok. An excellent result against the mancs. Whether you can keep it up or it's early season adrenaline is yet to be known.
If you keep picking up home points you could do ok. How you handle the inevitable bad run will be important. We had a long bad run after the cup win but fortunately already had enough points. Where you are at Christmas will be a good indication.

Like Blackpool you mean ,they're all excited atm and playing out of their skins ,that'll soon wear off hopefully

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 08:05 - Oct 3 with 2063 viewsmonmouth

Cardiff fan in piss, more likely.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 11:39 - Oct 3 with 1983 viewsAshleyCCFC

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 08:05 - Oct 3 by monmouth

Cardiff fan in piss, more likely.

Ah i see what you did there. Very clever sir
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 12:52 - Oct 3 with 1936 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 11:39 - Oct 3 by AshleyCCFC

Ah i see what you did there. Very clever sir

Everybody down Sloper Rd are quite happy with the way things are going at the moment, we know we will have our downers (like Tottenham) but that's the nature of the beast in this division.

Some people are right on here by saying we need to get most of our points before xmas as teams will work out how to break us down. Tough game Saturday, no way should Newcastle be struggling like they are with the quality they possess, hope it continues to up to Saturday though.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024