Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff City fan in Peace 13:11 - Oct 2 with 8666 viewsAshleyCCFC

Alright Gents,
Just popped over here to get your thoughts on how you think the season has gone for yourselves and us so far and your opinion on new signings ETC . Genuinely just looking for some debate with fans of our rival club so if your just going to hurl abuse my way please refrain from commenting. After experiencing the premier league for the first time in the last 6 games the step up in quality is blatantly obvious and i can see that it is an unforgiving league at the best of times. How do you think the season will pan out for the both of us ?
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 13:14 - Oct 3 with 1374 viewsmonmouth

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 11:39 - Oct 3 by AshleyCCFC

Ah i see what you did there. Very clever sir

I was bored. Your team of no-hopes is doing a lot better than I expected. That bores me. Intensely. So stop it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 13:26 - Oct 3 with 1363 viewshammy

Malky mun, if you want to get an insight into the Swansea way then I'm sure Michael would be more than happy to have a chat ;)

Personally I am quite surprised with the results you have attained to date, especially against the top teams (Man City, Spurs). Will be interesting to see how you go over the next 7 games to the end of November, with 3 games against top 6 sides and us ;) I must admit that I haven't seen a Cardiff game in full yet and may not until the derby game on 3rd November. If you come through that period with say 9 points then you should be quite confident of seeing out the season and staying up.

WRT us I am not surprised at the start we have had. Even though we've only taken 1 point from 4 games against the top teams I felt that we played our own game and with a bit of luck could have had a win (against Liverpool) and something from the Man U game (they took every chance that day and we didn't !). But very pleased with the manner of our away wins against WBA and CP and this is the real target for us. We need to maintain this kind of form against the 12 teams that are in our league and we will do just fine. I think we can get to the knock out stages of the Europa League, as long as we win our next 2 home games, and then it's a matter of luck of the draw as to how much further we can proceed.

Very good times down at the Liberty at the moment ;)

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 13:37 - Oct 3 with 1334 viewsMattG

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 12:52 - Oct 3 by ScoobyDoo

Everybody down Sloper Rd are quite happy with the way things are going at the moment, we know we will have our downers (like Tottenham) but that's the nature of the beast in this division.

Some people are right on here by saying we need to get most of our points before xmas as teams will work out how to break us down. Tough game Saturday, no way should Newcastle be struggling like they are with the quality they possess, hope it continues to up to Saturday though.

It's not results like yours against Spurs that are the downers you need to look out for - it's failing to win (or, worse, losing) the games you need or ought to win, particularly at home. That hasn't happened yet and fair play to your team and manager for that but nobody expected you to get anything against Spurs and the fact that you came so close to picking up a point can easily be taken as a positive. OK, losing to late goal means it grates that little bit more but, in the scheme of things, it's not a disaster by any means.

If you were to lose on Saturday, that would be an interesting one - Newcastle not playing particularly well, on your own patch, expectation must be quite high. But if they were to turn you over, particularly if it was by a couple of goals, it would be how your team reacts that might give a good indication of how the season might go.
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 13:50 - Oct 3 with 1310 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 13:37 - Oct 3 by MattG

It's not results like yours against Spurs that are the downers you need to look out for - it's failing to win (or, worse, losing) the games you need or ought to win, particularly at home. That hasn't happened yet and fair play to your team and manager for that but nobody expected you to get anything against Spurs and the fact that you came so close to picking up a point can easily be taken as a positive. OK, losing to late goal means it grates that little bit more but, in the scheme of things, it's not a disaster by any means.

If you were to lose on Saturday, that would be an interesting one - Newcastle not playing particularly well, on your own patch, expectation must be quite high. But if they were to turn you over, particularly if it was by a couple of goals, it would be how your team reacts that might give a good indication of how the season might go.

As i said, Newcastle have some good players that are capable of turning over any side so we wont be taking this game for granted (if you can take any game for granted in this league) but that's the beauty of this league, you never know what to expect until the day.

Yes it will be a blow if we lose Saturday as we have two away games after in Chelsea and Norwich then you beauties straight after so its going to be tough, but we know that.
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 13:58 - Oct 3 with 1298 views_

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 13:50 - Oct 3 by ScoobyDoo

As i said, Newcastle have some good players that are capable of turning over any side so we wont be taking this game for granted (if you can take any game for granted in this league) but that's the beauty of this league, you never know what to expect until the day.

Yes it will be a blow if we lose Saturday as we have two away games after in Chelsea and Norwich then you beauties straight after so its going to be tough, but we know that.

"The beauty of this league"??!!? Hahahahahaha!!!!

What the fack would you lot know about this league.

Visiting you are, soon you'll be gone.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:03 - Oct 3 with 1293 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 13:58 - Oct 3 by _

"The beauty of this league"??!!? Hahahahahaha!!!!

What the fack would you lot know about this league.

Visiting you are, soon you'll be gone.

You been asleep the last two months butt, i'm sure we have been playing in the premier league? Or have i dreamt it?

Think you're offended really, because i haven't asked your 'educated' opinion.
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:23 - Oct 3 with 1251 viewsDyfnant

Dont think the scheduling has helped either of us but looking at the table after 10 games gives a pretty clear picture. Also keeping yourselves above that point a game average, QPR were basically relegated by the end of October last season.
We've got the squad depth to cope and I expect Tan will be willing to splash out another £10M or so in January, or more if you suffer any injuries.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:57 - Oct 3 with 1230 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:23 - Oct 3 by Dyfnant

Dont think the scheduling has helped either of us but looking at the table after 10 games gives a pretty clear picture. Also keeping yourselves above that point a game average, QPR were basically relegated by the end of October last season.
We've got the squad depth to cope and I expect Tan will be willing to splash out another £10M or so in January, or more if you suffer any injuries.

I agree your squad is stronger than ours but obviously you have another competition to play in.

Tan has quoted he won't spend big in January but i suppose our league position will dictate that.
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 16:08 - Oct 3 with 1209 viewspencoedjack

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:57 - Oct 3 by ScoobyDoo

I agree your squad is stronger than ours but obviously you have another competition to play in.

Tan has quoted he won't spend big in January but i suppose our league position will dictate that.

With a bit of luck you will be bottom 3, he can then lend you another 20 million @ 7% interest and before long you do a Pompey.

STID
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 16:49 - Oct 3 with 1187 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 16:08 - Oct 3 by pencoedjack

With a bit of luck you will be bottom 3, he can then lend you another 20 million @ 7% interest and before long you do a Pompey.

STID

Well up to now we have never found ourselves in the position you were in have we? Not saying it won't happen but if it does you will be the first person i'll ask for advice!
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 18:06 - Dec 23 with 988 viewsTokijo

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:22 - Oct 2 by _

The little red tw@t is obviously scared about us coming on here and posting all that guff.

The scum have had a little minor success early doors and a freak result against Man City and they all now think this will be a doddle. 13th to 16th haha!!

I see he's got Campbell down for a bumper 6 goal Premier League haul. He's on 2 now haha!!! Clubs don't give a shit about the promoted teams this time of year, after Christmas lets see you back on here with your pompous nonsense.

Hey, maybe your Korean fella will get you the goals you'll need, someone's got to...

Just picked up on this thread. Kimbo did against Man U!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024