Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The only bloke in Barry ......outside of Gavin! 17:59 - Oct 2 with 2329 viewsILoveMYclub

I would just like to say I was born in ROCHDALE.
The first live game I ever watched was the match , sadly lost 3-1 to Crystal Palace when the "new floodlights" switched on.
I braved the snow to watch that famous match against Coventry and cried after Colchester drew level the next game.
I wished I could have had a pint or two at such a young age when the Dale won the Lancashire cup against Oldham ...............I sat in the stands as Hallam's heroes lost to Man Utd...........I cheered "We are doing better than Citeh" as Stan Collymore scored his hat trick and all clapped as Ian Rush scored at Liverpool..........I felt good about promotion...........(if Brent visits here you know who I am we said hello on the tube at Barnet after 40 years say hello again!...you knew my Dad)
WHATS'S THE POINT?
I ALWAYS wear my shirt ...yes a Dale shirt in Wales with pride.
I got stopped in the street today..............
He asked of the colours I proudly said ROCHDALE.
I took a deep breath...........what was to come...............
"Rochdale!.............support Cardiff myself but when ever especially the guys I met at Ashby de la zouch services your mates are great!"
"It's so nice to meet a real guy "
The travelling fans .............Moggy to I guess.
The only bloke in Barry ......outside of Gavin! on 22:03 - Oct 2 with 2134 viewsdavidab2202

It is great when a Dale shirt is spotted somewere you least expect to see one.

Last week one was spotted in a restaurant in Latchi,Cyprus.When I told him of our shared allegiance,to quote "Isn't Hilly doing a grand job"--no argument there then.
The only bloke in Barry ......outside of Gavin! on 23:10 - Oct 2 with 2078 viewsDiddyDave

I think there`s many around the world who wear our footy shirts,I certainly do here in Tweed Heads. Yes one day Dale,the next Hornets,has my missus shaking her head,but hey,what would she know?!
The only bloke in Barry ......outside of Gavin! on 23:37 - Oct 2 with 2057 viewsD_Alien

The only bloke in Barry ......outside of Gavin! on 23:10 - Oct 2 by DiddyDave

I think there`s many around the world who wear our footy shirts,I certainly do here in Tweed Heads. Yes one day Dale,the next Hornets,has my missus shaking her head,but hey,what would she know?!

tbh DD, there's many a Rochdale bloke who'd start watching Hornets if their missus decided that Sunday afternoon was a good time to do the shopping

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The only bloke in Barry ......outside of Gavin! on 07:39 - Oct 3 with 1962 viewsRogietDale

My Rochdale shirts (and the 3 kids) can always be seen in South Wales (near Newport) - they certainly know who Dale are now!!
The only bloke in Barry ......outside of Gavin! on 07:43 - Oct 3 with 1961 viewsdownunder

Took the wife to a Simply Red concert in Napier( a 3 day trip away from Christchurch). Wore my Dale shirt. Parked my car outside a random house, and a guy called Gordon Buckley(ex Milkman and Dale regular), who is probably known by some of the posters on here, called me back, and in for a brew. While we were there, Dave King( I think) ex landlord of the Grapes, called by. Bloody small world at times.
The only bloke in Barry ......outside of Gavin! on 08:40 - Oct 3 with 1928 viewsClivert

The only bloke in Barry ......outside of Gavin! on 07:43 - Oct 3 by downunder

Took the wife to a Simply Red concert in Napier( a 3 day trip away from Christchurch). Wore my Dale shirt. Parked my car outside a random house, and a guy called Gordon Buckley(ex Milkman and Dale regular), who is probably known by some of the posters on here, called me back, and in for a brew. While we were there, Dave King( I think) ex landlord of the Grapes, called by. Bloody small world at times.

What are the chances of that??

I find it hard to believe that anyone would want to attend a Simply Red gig.
The only bloke in Barry ......outside of Gavin! on 15:38 - Oct 3 with 1780 viewsdavidab2202

As you say that Gordon Buckley been known to me all my life--He is my big brother!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024