Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reg Jenkins shirt 16:22 - Oct 12 with 8404 viewsDerekHall5

I was in the club shop today and heard about a Reg Jenkins shirt being auctioned by the club shop. Does anyone have any info on this?
Reg Jenkins shirt on 13:29 - Oct 14 with 1908 viewsUPTHEDALE02

Reg Jenkins shirt on 11:41 - Oct 14 by DerekHall5

I rang the club shop for more clarity on this. Stuart is dealing with it but he wasn't available. It seems to be a 1969 retro shirt that is framed with Reg's signature.

I sent one of my lads in, he said the same about it being a retro shirt with Reg's signature. He did say it looks very good though.
Reg Jenkins shirt on 15:19 - Oct 14 with 1866 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Reg Jenkins shirt on 13:29 - Oct 14 by ColDale

On the assumption that we get around £500 for this, how much of a difference to the running of the club will this make? Is it going to fund a key signing? Is it being used to prevent a forced sale? Or is it being used to mask poor shop sales?

If a Reg Jenkins signed shirt isn't worthy of being retained, then nothing is.

Poor shop sales...? Shouldn't happen with a Retail & Projects Manager on the books.
Reg Jenkins shirt on 00:41 - Oct 15 with 1770 viewspioneer

Reg Jenkins shirt on 11:43 - Oct 14 by Albert_Whitehurst

That's a bit naff then. Was getting excited that it was an original.

The club should be putting this up on show at Spotland in one of the bars...not making a quick buck on the back of a signatre on a replica.

Disappointed.

So it would be OK for the club to make a quick buck if it was a signed original would it - particularly if it was your quick buck?

The club should be putting it on show for all to enjoy, original or no original.

Sorry about your disappointment.
Reg Jenkins shirt on 13:22 - Oct 15 with 1691 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

I think there is a distinct difference between the sale of a piece of true memorabilia and a signed replica.
Reg Jenkins shirt on 14:01 - Oct 15 with 1657 viewsD_Alien

Reg Jenkins shirt on 13:22 - Oct 15 by Albert_Whitehurst

I think there is a distinct difference between the sale of a piece of true memorabilia and a signed replica.

No sweat

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Reg Jenkins shirt on 14:09 - Oct 15 with 1651 viewsColDale

I've been informed today that the club will be selling a framed retro shirt that has been signed by Reg on behalf of a supporter. It is not the one that the club have.
Reg Jenkins shirt on 17:30 - Oct 15 with 1584 viewspioneer

Reg Jenkins shirt on 14:09 - Oct 15 by ColDale

I've been informed today that the club will be selling a framed retro shirt that has been signed by Reg on behalf of a supporter. It is not the one that the club have.

The question 'why?' comes to mind. Is the club making anything from the sale? And what is the help being provided costing the club?
Reg Jenkins shirt on 17:46 - Oct 15 with 1569 viewsKenBoon

Reg Jenkins shirt on 17:30 - Oct 15 by pioneer

The question 'why?' comes to mind. Is the club making anything from the sale? And what is the help being provided costing the club?

What is wrong with 'the club' helping to find a caring home for a nice piece of signed merchendise? I'd say its a service to the supporters. Well done.
Login to get fewer ads

Reg Jenkins shirt on 18:18 - Oct 15 with 1545 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Reg Jenkins shirt on 17:46 - Oct 15 by KenBoon

What is wrong with 'the club' helping to find a caring home for a nice piece of signed merchendise? I'd say its a service to the supporters. Well done.

Surely a decent Auction House would have been a better
Reg Jenkins shirt on 20:55 - Oct 16 with 1441 viewsjokerthief

The second most admired player, ever to Don a Rochdale shirt, should fetch a high price...But any shirt worn by Rochdale legend Stan Milburn..should be kept forever..in a sacred room..and never sold. He was Mr Rochdale, and lived and died 50 yards from the ground...Uncle of Bobby and Jack Charlton. World cup winners and cousin of Newcastle's greatest hero Jackie Milburn.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024