Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony 20:37 - Oct 19 with 40644 viewsJackbustard

One of his best games in Premier League today for me. Held the ball up well and brought players into play with his strength on the ball. Granted didn't get many chances as he was surrounded by 3 or 4 defenders most of them game but put I a good shift for me,

No doubt some will say he's shit because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken.
Bony on 10:54 - Oct 21 with 2788 viewsperchrockjack

Ridiculous to some but not by all which is evidenty on here so it aint just me.
He DOES stroll around. He DOES hold the4 ball up well but having done so e should make greater strides to get the benefit of his work.
By contrast, for about 5 mins me and missus were watching Michu- just to appreciate what he does-frankly its staggering and I find it equally incomprehensible that some ,as in other threads can be offended by his attitude.
When he lays the ball off-which he does- he will sprint through and pick it up. He was six inches away from the greatest goal to be seen for years such was his speed in getting on the end of the movement. Bony has the physique but looking at his body language something doesnt seem right to some. We may be wrong of course .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bony on 10:54 - Oct 21 with 2785 viewsperchrockjack

Ridiculous to some but not by all which is evidenty on here so it aint just me.
He DOES stroll around. He DOES hold the4 ball up well but having done so e should make greater strides to get the benefit of his work.
By contrast, for about 5 mins me and missus were watching Michu- just to appreciate what he does-frankly its staggering and I find it equally incomprehensible that some ,as in other threads can be offended by his attitude.
When he lays the ball off-which he does- he will sprint through and pick it up. He was six inches away from the greatest goal to be seen for years such was his speed in getting on the end of the movement. Bony has the physique but looking at his body language something doesnt seem right to some. We may be wrong of course .In fact as Jobbie is now in the room I am of corse taking thro nyarse

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bony on 11:23 - Oct 21 with 2760 viewscockneyswan

"Bony has the physique but looking at his body language something doesnt seem right to some"

He's obviously waiting for us to sing "Daddy Cool" not that other "come on Wilfried bony" S*ite
Bony on 15:40 - Oct 21 with 2682 viewsjack_the_lad

Bony on 11:23 - Oct 21 by cockneyswan

"Bony has the physique but looking at his body language something doesnt seem right to some"

He's obviously waiting for us to sing "Daddy Cool" not that other "come on Wilfried bony" S*ite

Got to agree with this, I can't understand why we don't sing Daddy Cool for him,
Bony on 15:44 - Oct 21 with 2672 viewsJackanapes

It looks like ours aren't the only fans that cant agree about expensive strikers.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&th=372850&start=0&rid=0
[Post edited 21 Oct 2013 15:45]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Bony on 15:49 - Oct 21 with 2658 viewsJackSomething

Bony on 10:34 - Oct 21 by lifelong

Bony is our top scorer so far this season with 7 goals from 13 appearances.

Just thought I'd mention it.

A fact which does nothing to appease some of our more inscrutable fans.

I know it's already been said, but Bony is definitely the new Jason Scotland. They have a similar playing style, they both look 'lazy' to some, they have similar physiques, pick your reason for it.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Bony on 15:55 - Oct 21 with 2640 viewsmonmouth

Bony on 15:44 - Oct 21 by Jackanapes

It looks like ours aren't the only fans that cant agree about expensive strikers.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&th=372850&start=0&rid=0
[Post edited 21 Oct 2013 15:45]

Aye but they've bought a tin of dogfood, whereas we've purchased prime quality steak, as will become apparent as the season unfolds.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bony on 15:58 - Oct 21 with 2628 viewsUxbridge

7 Goals in 13 games eh. Imagine how many he'd have if he ran about more.

Lad's missing a trick.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Bony on 16:00 - Oct 21 with 2620 viewsfbreath

Did Bony used to run around a lot at his last club?

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Bony on 16:12 - Oct 21 with 2608 viewsJackSomething

Bony on 16:00 - Oct 21 by fbreath

I'd hope that was the first question our staff asked Vitesse when we approached them about him.

I just checked Wikipedia and can confirm he looks very sweaty in the picture of him in a Vitesse shirt. An investigation must be launched immediately!
[Post edited 21 Oct 2013 16:13]

Bony on 16:22 - Oct 21 with 2596 viewsfbreath

Bony on 16:12 - Oct 21 by JackSomething

I'd hope that was the first question our staff asked Vitesse when we approached them about him.

I just checked Wikipedia and can confirm he looks very sweaty in the picture of him in a Vitesse shirt. An investigation must be launched immediately!
[Post edited 21 Oct 2013 16:13]

What was the temperature that day it may have a bearing on the reason he was sweating.

I think we would need to see at least 2 photos of different games with one being a cold day to come up with more of a conclusion

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Bony on 16:31 - Oct 21 with 2585 viewshobo

Don't know if Bony's post match interview has been posted, but he admits that he can do more and is working on it. I think he's done pretty well so far this season. We probably did overpay by a few million, but there's nothing that we can do about that now. He is a quality player, and is still only 24 so there's still a lot of development ahead of him.

[Post edited 21 Oct 2013 16:31]
Bony on 16:34 - Oct 21 with 2579 viewsJackSomething

Bony on 16:22 - Oct 21 by fbreath

What was the temperature that day it may have a bearing on the reason he was sweating.

I think we would need to see at least 2 photos of different games with one being a cold day to come up with more of a conclusion

You've done this before. Are you a professional?

Bony on 16:42 - Oct 21 with 2566 viewsEscalion

Bony on 16:00 - Oct 21 by fbreath

No, Bony didn't run a lot for his previous club, he never took a step more than necessary at Vitesse either.
He runs when he has to for like a counter attack and -highly occasional- run after a defender that keeps the ball for a little too long, but usually he just walk about in the final third collecting balls, linking up and scoring goals.

In the Netherlands, my home country, he was criticizes more often than not for not doing anything more than he really has to and just looking 'lazy'.

That said, he does score more than enough to justify his way of playing.

And I'm new here yes, I've been reading and following for a few years already but never got to making an account on this board here :P (/me is Dutch, primarily Feyenoord supporter and vivid follower of football in a broader sense, especially EPL.)
Bony on 18:56 - Oct 21 with 2493 viewsStarsky

Bony on 10:34 - Oct 21 by lifelong

Bony is our top scorer so far this season with 7 goals from 13 appearances.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Absolutely.
No patience with some on here.

It's just the internet, init.

Bony on 21:41 - Oct 21 with 2433 viewswaynekerr55

Bony on 15:58 - Oct 21 by Uxbridge

7 Goals in 13 games eh. Imagine how many he'd have if he ran about more.

Lad's missing a trick.

Exactly

His job is to score and assist, not waste time and energy running back and forth like a greyhound chasing a hare.

Running round like a blue ass fly only works to a certain level, positional sense and movement in and out of possession at the right time will win 99 times out of a 100. You only have to look at the poor start to the season Manure have had under Moyes, a manager who believes that running, running and more running (interspersed with kicking and elbowing opponents whilst playing a % game) that shows the flaws of that philosophy

Chelsea at Barca in 2012 showed this, they stuck to their shape as a unit and didn't run around like idiots. They conserved their energy and had their rewards (unfortunately)

(ducks for cover...again)
[Post edited 21 Oct 2013 21:41]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Bony on 23:44 - Oct 21 with 2391 viewsepaul

Bony on 16:42 - Oct 21 by Escalion

No, Bony didn't run a lot for his previous club, he never took a step more than necessary at Vitesse either.
He runs when he has to for like a counter attack and -highly occasional- run after a defender that keeps the ball for a little too long, but usually he just walk about in the final third collecting balls, linking up and scoring goals.

In the Netherlands, my home country, he was criticizes more often than not for not doing anything more than he really has to and just looking 'lazy'.

That said, he does score more than enough to justify his way of playing.

And I'm new here yes, I've been reading and following for a few years already but never got to making an account on this board here :P (/me is Dutch, primarily Feyenoord supporter and vivid follower of football in a broader sense, especially EPL.)

Welcome friend to this board, Ferrie Bodde aye, gutted what a player. Vorm and JDZ are tidy like too, Ignore the argumentative chaps on here and post away . Get in touch withe the Den Haag lads, Oldcack can set u up

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Bony on 00:12 - Oct 22 with 2374 viewsdeanscfc

Don't forget what Bony is capable of...

Bony on 01:53 - Oct 22 with 2343 views2face

Bony on 05:39 - Oct 22 with 2307 viewsGlyn1

Bony on 20:47 - Oct 19 by jelly

Christ. Nice you got his apologies in before the slaughter. We would have been better off putting in ned the blind donkey up front.

"We would have been better off putting in ned the blind donkey up front."

We tried that, and then sold him to Sunderland. Bony doesn't cover as much ground as Danny Graham did, but he intimidates defenders and has a powerful shot. His goals to games ratio is pretty good so far, even if most of them have come in Europa matches.

If Bony gets about 12 to 15 goals in Premier League matches in this first season, then that will be an OK performance. I think that he's got 2 goals from 8 matches so far (including one penalty) and he should get better as the season progresses.

But when are the commentators going to stop calling him "Bonnie" instead of "Boney" - it's not difficult ffs.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2013 5:43]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:59 - Oct 22 with 2261 viewsThe_Kev

Bony on 05:39 - Oct 22 by Glyn1

We tried that, and then sold him to Sunderland. Bony doesn't cover as much ground as Danny Graham did, but he intimidates defenders and has a powerful shot. His goals to games ratio is pretty good so far, even if most of them have come in Europa matches.

If Bony gets about 12 to 15 goals in Premier League matches in this first season, then that will be an OK performance. I think that he's got 2 goals from 8 matches so far (including one penalty) and he should get better as the season progresses.

But when are the commentators going to stop calling him "Bonnie" instead of "Boney" - it's not difficult ffs.

Isn't it meant to be pronounced bonnie, I'm sure it is.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2013 8:01]
Bony on 08:20 - Oct 22 with 2231 viewseddie71

Bony on 05:39 - Oct 22 by Glyn1

I agree, he is doing ok and will get better neither Suarez or Giroud were anything special in thier first seasons. Not everyone starts like Michu (mores the pity).
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:39 - Oct 22 with 2201 views2face

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:59 - Oct 22 by The_Kev

Isn't it meant to be pronounced bonnie, I'm sure it is.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2013 8:01]

Yes, If you can say it with a french accent.
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:41 - Oct 22 with 2196 viewsThe_Kev

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:39 - Oct 22 by 2face

Yes, If you can say it with a french accent.

How about if I say it while wearing a beret and smoking will that help.
Bony on 09:16 - Oct 22 with 2160 viewsjruss1

Just a point on his ‘running around’. Danny Graham was quoted last season as saying the biggest difference under Laudrup was he instructed him to do less of it. That it was a waste of his energy and he should get involved at the right times. You’ll have to take my word for it because I’m too lazy to find the quotes but he said words to those affect. So

I’d say it’s fair Bony is playing to instruction on that part.

End of the day, he’ll be judged on goals. I do not feel he’s started enough games to be analysed so much at this point. But I suppose the fee dictates that a bit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024