Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony 20:37 - Oct 19 with 40643 viewsJackbustard

One of his best games in Premier League today for me. Held the ball up well and brought players into play with his strength on the ball. Granted didn't get many chances as he was surrounded by 3 or 4 defenders most of them game but put I a good shift for me,

No doubt some will say he's shit because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken.
Bony on 08:19 - Oct 23 with 2766 viewsThe_Kev

Bony on 21:43 - Oct 22 by Molliemick

A simple question: how long do we wait for him to show he is worth the £12 million+ transfer fee? He does less running than Vorm and is mostly ineffective.

Damn right, what a waste to money, we should get Shechter back. He used to run like mad, thats what we need, strikers who run, goals are stupid, running is where it is at. You don't win games by scoring goals do you ffs.
Bony on 09:05 - Oct 23 with 2724 viewswaynekerr55

Bony on 22:12 - Oct 22 by Plasticman

without him off the pitch?

That's a double negative...

*hides*

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Bony on 09:07 - Oct 23 with 2713 viewswaynekerr55

Bony on 07:54 - Oct 23 by Dr_Winston

I shouldn't be surprised that someone can genuinely believe that Bony is "ineffective", but some Swans fans are still capable of it.

*insert comment riddled with extreme sarcasm to agree with you*

Bony on 09:23 - Oct 23 with 2691 viewsDr_Winston

Bony on 09:07 - Oct 23 by waynekerr55

*insert comment riddled with extreme sarcasm to agree with you*

You can't even say that if he'd only cost us £5m that people wouldn't be so critical, because they almost certainly would still be. They can't get over the idea that to be a good player you have to go charging all over the pitch chasing down everything.

I'm more than happy with his contribution so far, even for the price we paid, and fully convinced that we haven't seen anything like the best of him yet. Even if he doesn't kick on from here he's still looking at 15-20 goals and a decent return of assists.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony on 09:36 - Oct 23 with 2679 viewswaynekerr55

Bony on 09:23 - Oct 23 by Dr_Winston

You can't even say that if he'd only cost us £5m that people wouldn't be so critical, because they almost certainly would still be. They can't get over the idea that to be a good player you have to go charging all over the pitch chasing down everything.

I'm more than happy with his contribution so far, even for the price we paid, and fully convinced that we haven't seen anything like the best of him yet. Even if he doesn't kick on from here he's still looking at 15-20 goals and a decent return of assists.

Egg - forking - zactly

Let's have a front 2 of Schecter and Torpey. They ran around a lot.

I also can't exactly remember Lord Lee running around and getting a sweat on either

Bony on 09:57 - Oct 23 with 2652 viewsUxbridge

Bony on 09:36 - Oct 23 by waynekerr55

Egg - forking - zactly

Let's have a front 2 of Schecter and Torpey. They ran around a lot.

I also can't exactly remember Lord Lee running around and getting a sweat on either

Point of order .... don't recall Torpey running around an awful lot! I'd suggest Paul Raynor as your generic runner arounder to little effect.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Bony on 10:07 - Oct 23 with 2642 viewslovejuicejack

Bony on 01:53 - Oct 22 by 2face

Thats the weird thing though, in that video he is attacking the goal and shooting on target but with us now a large percentage of his game time he seems to lay the ball off rather than shoot?
Bony on 10:12 - Oct 23 with 2629 viewsJackanapes

Bony on 10:07 - Oct 23 by lovejuicejack

Thats the weird thing though, in that video he is attacking the goal and shooting on target but with us now a large percentage of his game time he seems to lay the ball off rather than shoot?

Which would suggest that its what he has been asked to do?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Login to get fewer ads

Bony on 10:16 - Oct 23 with 2623 viewslovejuicejack

Bony on 10:12 - Oct 23 by Jackanapes

Which would suggest that its what he has been asked to do?

Yes I did mention this earlier in the thread ... but why would ML ask him to keep laying it off when imo he is in a better position to shoot?
Bony on 10:33 - Oct 23 with 2613 viewsJackanapes

Bony on 10:16 - Oct 23 by lovejuicejack

Yes I did mention this earlier in the thread ... but why would ML ask him to keep laying it off when imo he is in a better position to shoot?

Because its Mls opinion thats important here(with respect fellow pennardian)

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Bony on 10:43 - Oct 23 with 2582 viewswaynekerr55

Bony on 09:57 - Oct 23 by Uxbridge

Point of order .... don't recall Torpey running around an awful lot! I'd suggest Paul Raynor as your generic runner arounder to little effect.

I remember him trying to run around but moving as if half his body was stuck in treacle

Bony on 11:04 - Oct 23 with 2559 viewsUxbridge

Bony on 10:43 - Oct 23 by waynekerr55

I remember him trying to run around but moving as if half his body was stuck in treacle

Ah now that I will concede.

I still dine out on us selling him for £400k with a Wurzel fan friend of mine. Never forgiven us.

Bony on 11:16 - Oct 23 with 2538 viewsDr_Winston

Bony on 10:16 - Oct 23 by lovejuicejack

A lot of how we play is based around the AM and wingers joining in to support the front man, so the ability to hold the ball up and lay it off quickly and accurately (which he's f*cking excellent at) is vital. Bony is the fulcrum of our attack but perhaps not the focal point of it as he may have been at Vitesse.

It's not easy for strikers to play the lone role. That Bony has come in and done it to such obviously beneficial effect to the team (as evidenced by 2face's figures) speaks volumes for him. The team are still adapting to him too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony on 11:46 - Oct 23 with 2497 viewsperchrockjack

Reading that last post have to admit it makes good reading and I hope this confidence is fully repaid.

He is a handful and has a vital role but the point was made-before it was bashed up- that he could do rather more. I think and hope he can and will get goals which is his main role. If and when he does really get up t speed then he will be a monster to play against.
Think that s it

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bony on 12:16 - Oct 23 with 2471 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Torpey was nowhere near as bad as some like to make out.

56 goals in 199 appearances.

We've had a hell of a lot worse than him...........

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Bony on 12:21 - Oct 23 with 2461 viewsPureRockFury

Bony on 12:16 - Oct 23 by Joe_bradshaw

Torpey was nowhere near as bad as some like to make out.

56 goals in 199 appearances.

We've had a hell of a lot worse than him...........

Indeed. Brizzle paying too much for him didn't retrospectively make him a bad player for us. Thought he did well for us.

Even the bad times were good.

Bony on 16:56 - Oct 23 with 2387 viewsShaky

Bony on 22:23 - Oct 22 by 2face

He's scored 7 goals in 2½ months. If he keeps up that average, he'll end up with 28 goals this season.

How many goals should he score in a season to be deemed effective in your opinion? 30, 40, 50 goals?

As the saying goes there are lies, dammed lies, and statistics.

The fact is that in the league Bony has only scored twice; in the opening game against Man U and at the weekend when Michu gifted him the penalty.

He clearly has potential, but he was purchased to score goals in the premier league, not against third rate European opposition.

As far as I am concerned the jury is still very much out.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Bony on 17:02 - Oct 23 with 2376 viewsShaky

Furthermore, you just have to look at his body language to see he has not been happy with his contributions so far.

Hopefully that is a good sign, however.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Bony on 17:37 - Oct 23 with 2337 viewsjacksinceever

Bony on 09:57 - Oct 23 by Uxbridge

Point of order - Steve Torpey's goals to game ratio is almost the same as Alan Curtis's
I'm not suggesting he was anywhere near the player the Leg was, but people should concentrate on what he did do (44 goals in 162 games - Curt's was 95 in 364 games. So both had a ratio of 1 in 4)
Bony on 19:25 - Oct 23 with 2300 viewsJackanapes

Your statistic unwittingly proves a point. It proves that statistics are worthless without context because anyone who puts Steve Torpey on a par with Alan Curtis is a twonk.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2013 19:29]

Bony on 07:12 - Oct 24 with 2204 viewsThaiJack

Bony on 10:07 - Oct 23 by lovejuicejack

I guess in a video called: "All 31 goal by bony......" You will not see him laying off the ball for others to score.

I actually think Bony is fast, but it looks very effortless the way he runs.

He still has something to prove, and as he says himself in the interview he still needs to show more. Some people 's expectations to him are way high, and IF these people´s expectations had been met by Bony we now would be top 3 in the Premier league. I am sure there is a lot more in store from Bony.

It is not realistic to expect 1 goal pr match from him like he did in Holland, but if we need more goals from him he really needs better service, and Michu and Bony sometimes run for the same position which makes it ineffective and congested at times. This will get better I am sure.
Bony on 07:33 - Oct 24 with 2184 viewsDr_Winston

Bony on 07:12 - Oct 24 by ThaiJack

I guess in a video called: "All 31 goal by bony......" You will not see him laying off the ball for others to score.

I actually think Bony is fast, but it looks very effortless the way he runs.

He still has something to prove, and as he says himself in the interview he still needs to show more. Some people 's expectations to him are way high, and IF these people´s expectations had been met by Bony we now would be top 3 in the Premier league. I am sure there is a lot more in store from Bony.

It is not realistic to expect 1 goal pr match from him like he did in Holland, but if we need more goals from him he really needs better service, and Michu and Bony sometimes run for the same position which makes it ineffective and congested at times. This will get better I am sure.

Bony on 08:27 - Oct 24 with 2139 viewsUxbridge

Bony on 17:37 - Oct 23 by jacksinceever

Point of order - Steve Torpey's goals to game ratio is almost the same as Alan Curtis's
I'm not suggesting he was anywhere near the player the Leg was, but people should concentrate on what he did do (44 goals in 162 games - Curt's was 95 in 364 games. So both had a ratio of 1 in 4)

Leaving aside the daftness of comparing the two players, one was a striker and one was a winger.

He was alright anyway. Had much worse in the subsequent years.

Bony on 23:03 - Oct 24 with 2031 viewsChief

World class again tonight

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Bony on 23:03 - Oct 24 with 2022 viewsJackbustard

Bony on 23:03 - Oct 24 by Chief

World class again tonight

Was only a matter of time before he was to blame for tonight.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024