Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ticket fiasco part 389 21:11 - Nov 27 with 7806 viewsNewhousemustscore

Be gentle cos I've never posted on here before. Aston Villa away tickets went on sale to season ticket holders who are Jackarmy members last week. They will be going on general sale next week. I didn't get paid until this week so I've just tried to buy tickets for my family, only to find out I can't because I'm a season ticket holder who is a Jackarmy member & tickets are only on sale to non season ticket holding Jackarmy members. So, I can't buy a ticket this week cos I paid over a grand in season tickets for my family to support my club. If I hadn't bothered I'd be able to get them. Will I get a chance to buy them next week or will civil servants be given preference for general sale of Villa tickets as appears to be the norm nowadays. Is there no end to the nonsensical way the ticket office is run or is it just me? PS I know this isn't on the "ticket forum" but everyone seems to be posting ticket related stuff on here.
ticket fiasco part 389 on 12:43 - Nov 28 with 1187 viewsSpratty

ticket fiasco part 389 on 11:24 - Nov 28 by jackharris

Basically it's to do with the 70/30 percentage split.

A way forward could be:

1a. Week one - 70% made available to season ticket holding Jack Army members.
1b. Week one - 30% made available to Jack Amy members who are not season ticket holders.

2. Week two - any tickets left can be purchased by season-ticket Jack army members and Jack Army members.

This would enable people to have seats together season ticket or no season ticket.

3. Week three - any tickets left released for general sale.

Agree.

Current 70/30 split
Away games ST JA 70%, non ST JA 30%
Home games non ST JA 70%, ST JA 30%
Week 1 selling 70% and week 2 selling 30% (think that's how it still works)

Think having some sort of % split is fair enough. It gives the non ST a decent chance which they were not getting previously. I think a fair few of our hardcore away support is non ST and it is only fair that non ST have a good shot at the home tickets. (I say that as a season ticket holder).

Agree they could sell all the JA tickets in 1 week greatly simplifying matters. It is not the work of a genius to keep seperate counts on the computer of how many have been sold to each group. So could just sell to each until their % (depending if home or away) had run out. Then possibly go straight to general sale for any left. As you say this would also overcome the problem where ST could not buy at the same time as non ST for away (so not able to sit together).

If buying ST and non ST together and tickets for one group have run out just get an error against that person (same as you do if one person has not got enough points)

It obviously becomes a little more complex with points but because you are selling to both groups together it is still a lot simpler and more effective than the current system.

Think this is an excellent solution - what do others think

TICKET OFFICE PLEASE NOTE

Do they still do that daft thing where you don't get JA points if you buy on general sale? How crazy is that?

Also thought Andy was just giving factual info to begin with before people jumped on him and he had to defend himself.
ticket fiasco part 389 on 12:46 - Nov 28 with 1191 viewsAndy1300

ticket fiasco part 389 on 12:33 - Nov 28 by Neath_Jack

Ah, but it was different then, because.........erm, because, oh yeah, because it affected him.

not at all, as i said previously, it affected many people when the club did a u-turn on the allocation of tickets for the final.

This situation is a different kettle of fish and if you can't see that then you are totally stupid.

I could be in the position where i miss out on tickets if i can't buy them on the 1st week of sale but i wont throw my toys out of the pram, i will take a chance that they go to general, if not then its tough shit for me.

simple facts really

Number 1 team in Wales

ticket fiasco part 389 on 12:49 - Nov 28 with 1175 viewsAndy1300

ticket fiasco part 389 on 12:43 - Nov 28 by Spratty

Agree.

Current 70/30 split
Away games ST JA 70%, non ST JA 30%
Home games non ST JA 70%, ST JA 30%
Week 1 selling 70% and week 2 selling 30% (think that's how it still works)

Think having some sort of % split is fair enough. It gives the non ST a decent chance which they were not getting previously. I think a fair few of our hardcore away support is non ST and it is only fair that non ST have a good shot at the home tickets. (I say that as a season ticket holder).

Agree they could sell all the JA tickets in 1 week greatly simplifying matters. It is not the work of a genius to keep seperate counts on the computer of how many have been sold to each group. So could just sell to each until their % (depending if home or away) had run out. Then possibly go straight to general sale for any left. As you say this would also overcome the problem where ST could not buy at the same time as non ST for away (so not able to sit together).

If buying ST and non ST together and tickets for one group have run out just get an error against that person (same as you do if one person has not got enough points)

It obviously becomes a little more complex with points but because you are selling to both groups together it is still a lot simpler and more effective than the current system.

Think this is an excellent solution - what do others think

TICKET OFFICE PLEASE NOTE

Do they still do that daft thing where you don't get JA points if you buy on general sale? How crazy is that?

Also thought Andy was just giving factual info to begin with before people jumped on him and he had to defend himself.

Thanks for seeing my posts for what they were....factual.

shame others have to resort to what they did.

Number 1 team in Wales

ticket fiasco part 389 on 12:49 - Nov 28 with 1167 viewsSpratty

ticket fiasco part 389 on 12:46 - Nov 28 by Andy1300

not at all, as i said previously, it affected many people when the club did a u-turn on the allocation of tickets for the final.

This situation is a different kettle of fish and if you can't see that then you are totally stupid.

I could be in the position where i miss out on tickets if i can't buy them on the 1st week of sale but i wont throw my toys out of the pram, i will take a chance that they go to general, if not then its tough shit for me.

simple facts really

It is currently like that but is not very logical or fair so needs changing especially given a much more logical, fair and simple system has already been suggested.

Just need to get the ticket office to take some action.
ticket fiasco part 389 on 12:50 - Nov 28 with 1166 viewsnavyjack

ticket fiasco part 389 on 12:16 - Nov 28 by Andy1300

the difference back then was that the club changed the policy during the ticket sales period.

this system has been in force for the last 3 seasons i believe, nothing has changed during that time .

Not really the same thing is it?

I can't be arsed to trawl through all your posts to find something on you.

No need to trawl son..it's called a memory!
ticket fiasco part 389 on 13:02 - Nov 28 with 1132 viewsraynor94

ticket fiasco part 389 on 12:49 - Nov 28 by Andy1300

I wouldn't throw my toys out of the pram, of course you wouldn't, credibility zilch

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

ticket fiasco part 389 on 13:13 - Nov 28 with 1107 viewsSpratty

ticket fiasco part 389 on 13:02 - Nov 28 by raynor94

I wouldn't throw my toys out of the pram, of course you wouldn't, credibility zilch

Play nice is it the stress of the game making you all cantankerous?

I'm really excited
ticket fiasco part 389 on 13:14 - Nov 28 with 1114 viewsnavyjack

Actually this isn't quite correct is it?. Your first post on this thread states the OP can get tickets on general sale. What if the remainder of the allocation is taken up this week by non ST JA members?. Not likely but neither impossible. A ST holder will not be able to attend as he missed 1 week of sales?.which,as many have correctly alluded to is not right and needs to change.simply implying that it tough sh*t doesn't help. As for toys out of pram?. Short memories!.
Login to get fewer ads

ticket fiasco part 389 on 13:27 - Nov 28 with 1091 viewsLe_Swans

Surely they could just move the general sale, to say the Wednesday of the third week and allow any remaining JA members (Season and non season) 2 days to purchase any remaining tickets, still plenty of time for those to purchase on general sale too.
ticket fiasco part 389 on 13:43 - Nov 28 with 1071 viewsAndy1300

ticket fiasco part 389 on 13:14 - Nov 28 by navyjack

Actually this isn't quite correct is it?. Your first post on this thread states the OP can get tickets on general sale. What if the remainder of the allocation is taken up this week by non ST JA members?. Not likely but neither impossible. A ST holder will not be able to attend as he missed 1 week of sales?.which,as many have correctly alluded to is not right and needs to change.simply implying that it tough sh*t doesn't help. As for toys out of pram?. Short memories!.

what i was saying is that you have to wait til general sale now.....that is a fact!

that was in reply to the question would he have to wait for them to go on general sale.

there may or may not be any tickets available.

lets hope they are.

Number 1 team in Wales

ticket fiasco part 389 on 14:16 - Nov 28 with 1046 viewsdgt73

ticket fiasco part 389 on 13:14 - Nov 28 by navyjack

Not being funny, but how can anyone miss a whole week of sales, with today's technology regardless where you are in the world you can purchase tickets. Unless you mean someone can't afford to buy during that particular week, then in that case its unfortunate but thats life for you.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

ticket fiasco part 389 on 14:23 - Nov 28 with 1036 viewsnavyjack

ticket fiasco part 389 on 14:16 - Nov 28 by dgt73

Not being funny, but how can anyone miss a whole week of sales, with today's technology regardless where you are in the world you can purchase tickets. Unless you mean someone can't afford to buy during that particular week, then in that case its unfortunate but thats life for you.

Not quite as simple for some.i missed the scum trip as I was away at sea. This is why I'm empathetic to the OP. There will also be some for whom it falls at the wrong time of the month financially?. Of course it's unfortunate and that's the point.ST holders who buy into the club and scheme should perhaps have a little longer than a week before sweating on general sale?...
ticket fiasco part 389 on 14:24 - Nov 28 with 1033 viewsAndy1300

you had better come join me under the table to avoid all the shite thats going to get thrown at you after that comment.....

Number 1 team in Wales

ticket fiasco part 389 on 14:30 - Nov 28 with 1030 viewsdgt73

ticket fiasco part 389 on 14:23 - Nov 28 by navyjack

Not quite as simple for some.i missed the scum trip as I was away at sea. This is why I'm empathetic to the OP. There will also be some for whom it falls at the wrong time of the month financially?. Of course it's unfortunate and that's the point.ST holders who buy into the club and scheme should perhaps have a little longer than a week before sweating on general sale?...

Yeah ok I think giving season ticket holders longer to buy fair. Not being nosey but why couldn't you buy when you were at sea, are you a submariner in one of our nuclear subs on a top secret mission or something.

ticket fiasco part 389 on 14:31 - Nov 28 with 1025 viewsdgt73

ticket fiasco part 389 on 14:24 - Nov 28 by Andy1300

you had better come join me under the table to avoid all the shite thats going to get thrown at you after that comment.....

Im ready.

ticket fiasco part 389 on 14:35 - Nov 28 with 1018 viewsnavyjack

ticket fiasco part 389 on 14:30 - Nov 28 by dgt73

Yeah ok I think giving season ticket holders longer to buy fair. Not being nosey but why couldn't you buy when you were at sea, are you a submariner in one of our nuclear subs on a top secret mission or something.

I could tell you........

But I'd have to shred you afterwards!......
ticket fiasco part 389 on 14:48 - Nov 28 with 1007 viewsSpratty

All those trees in the Amazonian Rain Forest block the damn signal - and that's just Fabian way.

Why do you have to plan your life weeks ahead there are lots of reasons peoples plans may change including work. With home/away, PL/Europa/FA, ST/non ST, fixture date changes and last minute announcements of sale (which vary) you need a PA. Whatever happened to spontenaity
ticket fiasco part 389 on 14:53 - Nov 28 with 998 views_

ticket fiasco part 389 on 14:35 - Nov 28 by navyjack

I could tell you........

But I'd have to shred you afterwards!......

Please do...

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

ticket fiasco part 389 on 16:12 - Nov 28 with 950 viewsOldjack

ticket fiasco part 389 on 22:13 - Nov 27 by 3swan

I'd have thought logic would have been

1st week

Whatever is 1st priority

2nd week

1st priority & 2nd priority

3rd week

1st 2nd & 3rd priority (or general sale

To exclude the 1st priority after the 1st week until general sale is wrong imo

spot on son ,the couldn't organizes a p!ss up in a brewery and those 400 freebies for today's game ,what's all that about ffs

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

ticket fiasco part 389 on 16:34 - Nov 28 with 933 viewslovejuicejack

Thats the system innit ... tough sh1t get over it.
ticket fiasco part 389 on 16:35 - Nov 28 with 927 viewsAndy1300

ticket fiasco part 389 on 16:34 - Nov 28 by lovejuicejack

Thats the system innit ... tough sh1t get over it.

thanks for the constructive input
[Post edited 28 Nov 2013 16:36]

Number 1 team in Wales

ticket fiasco part 389 on 16:47 - Nov 28 with 906 viewsraynor94

Lovejuice Andy and Dgt, now we are scraping the barrel, the 3 biggest self publicists on here

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

ticket fiasco part 389 on 16:54 - Nov 28 with 898 viewslovejuicejack

ticket fiasco part 389 on 16:35 - Nov 28 by Andy1300

thanks for the constructive input
[Post edited 28 Nov 2013 16:36]

You live by the sword you die by it.
ticket fiasco part 389 on 16:55 - Nov 28 with 896 viewsdgt73

ticket fiasco part 389 on 16:47 - Nov 28 by raynor94

Lovejuice Andy and Dgt, now we are scraping the barrel, the 3 biggest self publicists on here

And why is that then, I honestly believe what I say not on a wind up at all and couldn't care less if nobody responds to my posts.

ticket fiasco part 389 on 17:00 - Nov 28 with 885 viewslovejuicejack

ticket fiasco part 389 on 16:47 - Nov 28 by raynor94

self publicists .... I'm baffled by that, what do you mean?. scraping the barrel, your the biggest tw@t on here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024