Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey 11:30 - Nov 29 with 7289 viewsbuilthjack

Why does this guy give the ball way so often?
Our whole ethos is to keep the ball, pass it around, and make the opposition work their socks off to get it back. Then we find their gaps and thread it through. So simple.
Yet this idiot thinks he can do it his was.
Sorry, but while he's on the field we are always going to give possession way.

Then he for once plays a nice ball through, puts us on the attack, and decides to get clever by clipping the valencia player with the ref 10 yards away. What an idiot.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2013 11:35]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Shelvey on 11:50 - Nov 29 with 6182 views_

Another stormingly positive post from the miserable bastard from mid Wales...

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Shelvey on 11:51 - Nov 29 with 6193 viewsbuilthjack

Shelvey on 11:50 - Nov 29 by _

Another stormingly positive post from the miserable bastard from mid Wales...

Language sonny

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Shelvey on 11:59 - Nov 29 with 6165 viewswr72

I think he done alright.The one who continued to give the ball away was Pozuelu.
Shelvey on 12:05 - Nov 29 with 6137 viewsJoe_bradshaw

One of our problems at times is players so scared of giving the ball away that they never try any pass that has a risk element.

The result is loads of possession with no end product which we see too often.

Thankfully there are players like Pablo and Shelvey who will try a penetrative pass from time to time even though they get stick from our "supporters" when it doesn't come off.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Shelvey on 12:12 - Nov 29 with 6121 viewswr72

He's the only one out of midfield who can thread a pass and has vision.
Shelvey on 12:35 - Nov 29 with 6069 viewsDr_Winston

He's nowhere near as casual with possession as he was when he first got here. Seems to be thinking about what he does with the ball a lot more. Certainly he's offering more in the final third than most at the moment.

As WR said, Pozuelo gave the ball away almost constantly last night.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Shelvey on 12:54 - Nov 29 with 6025 viewsDrizzy

"Why does this guy give the ball away so often?"

Because that's his game. For all of his "penetrative" passes he is prone to lapses in concentration causing him to misplace even the simplest passes. He's a decent player when he doesn't overthink things but that has yet to happen over 90 minutes. It says it all that his best game for us was also his worst.

He can make a short-term impact on games but I can see us addressing the CM position properly in the summer. To be frank it's been a bit of a mess this season.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Shelvey on 13:01 - Nov 29 with 6002 viewsscottishjack

I'm so out of touch with the opinions on this board... Might be just me but I thought Shelvey played well last night?
Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey on 13:02 - Nov 29 with 5997 viewswr72

Shelvey on 13:01 - Nov 29 by scottishjack

I'm so out of touch with the opinions on this board... Might be just me but I thought Shelvey played well last night?

He did mate.Our best player apart from Rangel maybe.
Shelvey on 14:10 - Nov 29 with 5916 viewsZut_Alors

I thought Shelvey was pretty solid yesterday.

Would quite like to see a midfield of Shelvey, Canas and Leon against Man City.
Shelvey on 14:21 - Nov 29 with 5902 viewsBonjour

He tries to make things happen. That's why he gives the ball away. Anyone can keep the ball and play simple passes - leon, joe allen etc but he sees a pass and tries to make it. Yes he will give the ball away but he will also create a lot as well. As he has already this year.
Shelvey on 14:56 - Nov 29 with 5858 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Im not a fan of shelvey, takes the wrong options and his lack of pace is criminal, i think i could beat him over 100yards, he was better lastnite than when ive seen him before, but sorry im not a fan.
Shelvey on 20:19 - Nov 29 with 5683 viewsSwansNZ

Shelvey on 13:01 - Nov 29 by scottishjack

Yep he did.

As others have said, he gives the ball away because he actually tries to create something. It's easier to play a backward 10 mtr pass, but that will probably not create a goal scoring chance. When he did give the ball away, he looked as if he was really working hard to try and get it back.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Shelvey on 20:25 - Nov 29 with 5663 viewsborinifanclub

Shelvey on 12:05 - Nov 29 by Joe_bradshaw

One of our problems at times is players so scared of giving the ball away that they never try any pass that has a risk element.

The result is loads of possession with no end product which we see too often.

Thankfully there are players like Pablo and Shelvey who will try a penetrative pass from time to time even though they get stick from our "supporters" when it doesn't come off.

Totally agree ...top post Joe

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Shelvey on 21:00 - Nov 29 with 5624 views2face

I like the idea behind his passes. I just think he should improve his accuracy. And he should pass along the ground more. Even with short passes he tends to lift the ball making it dificult to work with.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2013 22:39]
Shelvey on 21:54 - Nov 29 with 5596 viewsmawdlamjack

the OP must be blind, shelvey kept posession well last night, only giving it away when trying a penetrative pass, poz on the other hand had an absolute mare, worst player on the pitch and should have been subbed, he's one of my favourite players but you can't hide the truth

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Shelvey on 01:08 - Nov 30 with 5530 viewsDavillin

Shelvey on 20:19 - Nov 29 by SwansNZ

Yep he did.

As others have said, he gives the ball away because he actually tries to create something. It's easier to play a backward 10 mtr pass, but that will probably not create a goal scoring chance. When he did give the ball away, he looked as if he was really working hard to try and get it back.

Unfortunately, if that's what he's doing it doesn't work at all. Trying to "create something" does require that it be successful more than once or twice a game, which is pretty close to his average. If you want to be depressed, you may also count the number of his shots which never get near the goal, but would have been better passed to a teammate who was in a better shooting position.

If you have it on tape, watch the game and count the number of his passes that "create something" for the Swans and the number that "create something" for the opponents. Let know whether that changes your mind.

p.s. I'm sorry that I see no credit in "really working hard" to get the ball back after a a player "did give the ball away," when there are too many instances of the latter.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Shelvey on 01:23 - Nov 30 with 5513 viewsCasual_Jack

Wow another bell end hahahhhhahhahaah planet swan full of of mongs

Swansea City Casual.....VYC

Shelvey on 06:42 - Nov 30 with 5456 viewsSwansNZ

Shelvey on 01:08 - Nov 30 by Davillin

Unfortunately, if that's what he's doing it doesn't work at all. Trying to "create something" does require that it be successful more than once or twice a game, which is pretty close to his average. If you want to be depressed, you may also count the number of his shots which never get near the goal, but would have been better passed to a teammate who was in a better shooting position.

If you have it on tape, watch the game and count the number of his passes that "create something" for the Swans and the number that "create something" for the opponents. Let know whether that changes your mind.

p.s. I'm sorry that I see no credit in "really working hard" to get the ball back after a a player "did give the ball away," when there are too many instances of the latter.

I don't want to be depressed, so I'd rather remember that it was from his shot that we scored (although wrongly disallowed)' and that he scored the winner in our last PL game.

I don't have the game on tape, and whilst he does give the ball away cheaply sometimes, I do feel that at least he does try to get us going in th right direction. We'll just have to agree to differ there.

Sorry, but I feel that if a player makes a mistake or gives the ball away, I would very much like for them to work hard to try and get t back.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Shelvey on 07:02 - Nov 30 with 5447 viewsDr_Winston

We're creating next to jack shit in general most games lately, so you'll forgive me if I refuse to criticise one of the few players we've got at the moment who does. It's not as if he's had an easy ride off me so far.

Shelvey's move to a more offensive style has been one of Laudrup's better choices in recent time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Shelvey on 07:56 - Nov 30 with 5408 viewswr72

Seriously, stick to ice hockey or baseball or whatever you yanks consider you're good at and knowledgeable about.Leave the 'soccer' to the rest of the world.
Shelvey on 08:56 - Nov 30 with 5371 viewsbermudajack

Shelvey on 07:56 - Nov 30 by wr72

Seriously, stick to ice hockey or baseball or whatever you yanks consider you're good at and knowledgeable about.Leave the 'soccer' to the rest of the world.

I know I'll get slated for this... But I thought we looked better when JDG came on... As we did when Shelvey came on against Fulham... We could argue all night about Shelvey/ JDG debate, both have good qualities, both have areas that needs improvement... Which makes both players easy targets for critiscm.

Personally I like the idea of JDG starting games and JJS coming on for the last 20 mins especially if we're chasing a goal...

Last 2 games JJS has started I've not been impressed, but off the bench.. Different story

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Shelvey on 09:26 - Nov 30 with 5337 viewsDr_Winston

Shelvey on 08:56 - Nov 30 by bermudajack

I know I'll get slated for this... But I thought we looked better when JDG came on... As we did when Shelvey came on against Fulham... We could argue all night about Shelvey/ JDG debate, both have good qualities, both have areas that needs improvement... Which makes both players easy targets for critiscm.

Personally I like the idea of JDG starting games and JJS coming on for the last 20 mins especially if we're chasing a goal...

Last 2 games JJS has started I've not been impressed, but off the bench.. Different story

It's a sad state of affairs when someone expects to get slated for praising JdG.

Shelvey on 09:44 - Nov 30 with 5320 viewsstircrazyjack

Shelvey on 07:02 - Nov 30 by Dr_Winston

We're creating next to jack shit in general most games lately, so you'll forgive me if I refuse to criticise one of the few players we've got at the moment who does. It's not as if he's had an easy ride off me so far.

Shelvey's move to a more offensive style has been one of Laudrup's better choices in recent time.

Slating a player for trying something other than a nothing sidewards pass !!!!,really has it come to that. Are we from now on going to clap every ffffing pointless backwards and sidewards movement of the ball when there was another more positive option.

We have become stale and predictable

Keep having a go John Jo.
Shelvey on 09:46 - Nov 30 with 5317 viewsstircrazyjack

Shelvey on 09:44 - Nov 30 by stircrazyjack

Slating a player for trying something other than a nothing sidewards pass !!!!,really has it come to that. Are we from now on going to clap every ffffing pointless backwards and sidewards movement of the ball when there was another more positive option.

We have become stale and predictable

Keep having a go John Jo.

Ha ha not having a dig at you jobby, my fat fingers touched the quote instead of reply..honest like
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024