Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite dog? 20:46 - Nov 29 with 7555 views_

Labrador, always and every time....

I have had a border colley in the past, crazy excitable temperament but always a Lab for me.

Loyal as they come, handsome chaps, the cutest puppies, great with kids and people in general and they've got a bit of bite when needed also. I can see Jackson now chasing a big Doberman out of the drive. Haha.

You?

This post has been edited by an administrator

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Favourite dog? on 12:25 - Nov 30 with 1031 viewsJackfath

Favourite dog? on 12:15 - Nov 30 by jandyt

Mastiffs and bulldogs are beautiful dogs, but mastiffs are huge and take some handling, whilst Bulldogs have breathing problems unfortunately.

Do you have experience with Dogue de Bordeaux? I would prefer one over a bulldog I think.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Favourite dog? on 13:01 - Nov 30 with 1012 viewsjandyt

Favourite dog? on 12:25 - Nov 30 by Jackfath

Do you have experience with Dogue de Bordeaux? I would prefer one over a bulldog I think.

No, I don't as I've only had Boxers and not really clear on the difference between Mastiffs and Dogue devBordeaux, as hey look fairly closely related. I do know you need space for them, feeding them is expensive and they need firm handling as they're so powerful. Lovely looking animals though.

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

Favourite dog? on 14:34 - Nov 30 with 993 viewsAndy1300

Mastiffs slobber everywhere, nice dogs though.

Number 1 team in Wales

Favourite dog? on 15:02 - Nov 30 with 980 viewsjandyt

Favourite dog? on 14:34 - Nov 30 by Andy1300

Mastiffs slobber everywhere, nice dogs though.

To be fair pretty much all of the bull breeds slobber to some degree. My mate had a Bullmastiff who weighed 12 stone, and this wasn't on a dog carrying any excess weight. He was simply huge. He used to stand on his hind legs when I used to visit, put his paws on my shoulders and would be looking into my face. If he hasn't been my pal that would've been a really scary experience.

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

Favourite dog? on 15:09 - Nov 30 with 978 viewswaynekerr55

[Post edited 30 Nov 2013 15:10]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Favourite dog? on 16:39 - Nov 30 with 952 viewswr72

Favourite dog? on 09:19 - Nov 30 by WarwickHunt

There have been lots of intelligence tests on breeds and that list is fairly well established.

Greyhounds aren't the smartest but are a great choice if you want a gentle, affectionate, biddable dog that doesn't need much exercise. Two fifteen minute walks a day according to my mate who's always taken on retired racers.

Bedlam when my mate brought his round - used to play fight for hours with my Border and chase each other up and down the stairs.

Lovely creatures. Keep the buggers on a lead around cats though...
[Post edited 30 Nov 2013 9:20]

My boy is desperate for me to buy a dog so i've been giving it a lot of thought lately.We've always had Jackies, Alsations and Dalmations before (don't bother with them, they're nuts).I'm thinking of a small female staffie.No mess,great with little uns adn i know they're like shit in a field but they're a lovely dog.After Xmas now i'll give it a proper go and look around.
Favourite dog? on 17:05 - Nov 30 with 938 viewsexiledclaseboy

Favourite dog? on 16:39 - Nov 30 by wr72

My boy is desperate for me to buy a dog so i've been giving it a lot of thought lately.We've always had Jackies, Alsations and Dalmations before (don't bother with them, they're nuts).I'm thinking of a small female staffie.No mess,great with little uns adn i know they're like shit in a field but they're a lovely dog.After Xmas now i'll give it a proper go and look around.

We looked after my niece's jack russell for about five days when she had a baby a few weeks ago. Dog is f*cking mental, always on the go, wanted to kill everything that moved (including my dog) and on top of that she's hardly been house trained, not even paper trained. I made some progress with her after a few days but by f*ck I was glad to see her go home. But not as glad as my dog, who was traumatised by the whole experience!

Poll: Tory leader

Favourite dog? on 17:15 - Nov 30 with 933 viewswr72

Favourite dog? on 17:05 - Nov 30 by exiledclaseboy

We looked after my niece's jack russell for about five days when she had a baby a few weeks ago. Dog is f*cking mental, always on the go, wanted to kill everything that moved (including my dog) and on top of that she's hardly been house trained, not even paper trained. I made some progress with her after a few days but by f*ck I was glad to see her go home. But not as glad as my dog, who was traumatised by the whole experience!

They can be lunatics but not all of them.And its a good job they're small too.They'd be a banned animal if they were any bigger, im sure.Our first JR was back in 80's when dogs would wander the roads freely.I was in Port Talbot then and spotted him once in Briton Ferry.Other's saw him in the Melyn,proper streetwise little thing he was.We was convinced he had a girlfriend down there.All said,he'd be back home at 7-8 o'clock every night for his food and there he'd stay til the following morning before setting out again.He wouldn't last 10 minutes nowadays and he'd be collared by dog wardens.Lovely dog though and everyone loved and missed him when he died.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2013 17:17]
Login to get fewer ads

Favourite dog? on 17:20 - Nov 30 with 929 viewsexiledclaseboy

Favourite dog? on 17:15 - Nov 30 by wr72

They can be lunatics but not all of them.And its a good job they're small too.They'd be a banned animal if they were any bigger, im sure.Our first JR was back in 80's when dogs would wander the roads freely.I was in Port Talbot then and spotted him once in Briton Ferry.Other's saw him in the Melyn,proper streetwise little thing he was.We was convinced he had a girlfriend down there.All said,he'd be back home at 7-8 o'clock every night for his food and there he'd stay til the following morning before setting out again.He wouldn't last 10 minutes nowadays and he'd be collared by dog wardens.Lovely dog though and everyone loved and missed him when he died.

When I was growing up in Clase there were two dogs in our street who were always out, as you say in the days when dogs were allowed to wander the streets. Whiskey and Patch they were called. A German Shepherd and a mongrel. They were out all hours but never actually left our street it seemed. All the kids in our street loved those dogs like they were our own. Happy memories.

Favourite dog? on 17:27 - Nov 30 with 918 viewswr72

Favourite dog? on 17:20 - Nov 30 by exiledclaseboy

When I was growing up in Clase there were two dogs in our street who were always out, as you say in the days when dogs were allowed to wander the streets. Whiskey and Patch they were called. A German Shepherd and a mongrel. They were out all hours but never actually left our street it seemed. All the kids in our street loved those dogs like they were our own. Happy memories.

Alsations scare the shite out of me, especially the long haired ones.We had one briefly when i was a nipper,what my old man was thinking i'll never know but he was ok i suppose until he got knocked over down Aberafan beach.Again, he was allowed to wander the streets unopposed.Ironically it cost him his life but he did used to love that beach and often be found there as we lived 100 yards from it.We used to have a dog called patch who'd wander the streets too.First time i've thought of him in years so thanks for that
Favourite dog? on 17:31 - Nov 30 with 911 viewsexiledclaseboy

Favourite dog? on 17:27 - Nov 30 by wr72

Alsations scare the shite out of me, especially the long haired ones.We had one briefly when i was a nipper,what my old man was thinking i'll never know but he was ok i suppose until he got knocked over down Aberafan beach.Again, he was allowed to wander the streets unopposed.Ironically it cost him his life but he did used to love that beach and often be found there as we lived 100 yards from it.We used to have a dog called patch who'd wander the streets too.First time i've thought of him in years so thanks for that

My mrs tells me about a dog they had when she was a kid, Snoopy, again a street wandering dog. This may have been embellished in the telling but when her mother decided it was time for the kids to come in for the night she'd say to the dog "Find Sarah" and Snoopy would always find her, pretty much wherever she was. When Snoopy turned up, she knew it was time to go home.

Favourite dog? on 17:47 - Nov 30 with 902 viewswr72

Favourite dog? on 17:31 - Nov 30 by exiledclaseboy

My mrs tells me about a dog they had when she was a kid, Snoopy, again a street wandering dog. This may have been embellished in the telling but when her mother decided it was time for the kids to come in for the night she'd say to the dog "Find Sarah" and Snoopy would always find her, pretty much wherever she was. When Snoopy turned up, she knew it was time to go home.

Ah brilliant! and i can just see it now.How times have changed yeah.I was down my brothers the other day and was talking about 'hide and seek' and '123 mobble all out'.All the kids were looking at us daft as i thought they'd have played it or at least heard of it.Nothing.

If it isn't Call of Duty or GTA5 nowadays then they haven't got a clue.My boy is home by half 4,does his homework and then plays on his ipad all night long until he goes to bed.His mother says well at least he isn't out hanging round with the wrong crowd like i used to so i just go along with it but there's so much more to life than consoles or tablets for kids.It feels like they're missing out on the childhood i had and enjoyed and not cooped up in their room playing with poxy ipads.

I've noticed since i've hit 40 how many things that i took for granted now grate on me and play on my mind.Guess it's life as we know it though and it happens to most.

Apologies for the rant Mr.Clase
Favourite dog? on 18:01 - Nov 30 with 888 viewsexiledclaseboy

Favourite dog? on 17:47 - Nov 30 by wr72

Ah brilliant! and i can just see it now.How times have changed yeah.I was down my brothers the other day and was talking about 'hide and seek' and '123 mobble all out'.All the kids were looking at us daft as i thought they'd have played it or at least heard of it.Nothing.

If it isn't Call of Duty or GTA5 nowadays then they haven't got a clue.My boy is home by half 4,does his homework and then plays on his ipad all night long until he goes to bed.His mother says well at least he isn't out hanging round with the wrong crowd like i used to so i just go along with it but there's so much more to life than consoles or tablets for kids.It feels like they're missing out on the childhood i had and enjoyed and not cooped up in their room playing with poxy ipads.

I've noticed since i've hit 40 how many things that i took for granted now grate on me and play on my mind.Guess it's life as we know it though and it happens to most.

Apologies for the rant Mr.Clase

You crack on mush. I'm 42 now and I can see the process of me turning into my old man, gawd rest his soul etc, with every passing day.

Favourite dog? on 18:01 - Nov 30 with 888 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Enjoyed reading the trip down memory lane postings from wr72 and clasey. When I think back to my childhood, it really does seem like the wild-west compared to what kids have these days. As you say, dogs of all shapes, sizes and temperaments roaming the streets of their own accord, and the kids likewise.

Used to come home from primary school and just go and hang around the neighbourhood (Brynmill) with local lads, exploring alleyways, boarded-up houses (always the best), building 'dens', getting up to all sorts before hearing your mum yell your name for you to come back for dinner covered in bumps and scratches. Not saying it was perfect at all, but a million miles away from most childhood experiences these days I bet.

*during the wawah...*

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Favourite dog? on 18:33 - Nov 30 with 868 viewswr72

Favourite dog? on 18:01 - Nov 30 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Enjoyed reading the trip down memory lane postings from wr72 and clasey. When I think back to my childhood, it really does seem like the wild-west compared to what kids have these days. As you say, dogs of all shapes, sizes and temperaments roaming the streets of their own accord, and the kids likewise.

Used to come home from primary school and just go and hang around the neighbourhood (Brynmill) with local lads, exploring alleyways, boarded-up houses (always the best), building 'dens', getting up to all sorts before hearing your mum yell your name for you to come back for dinner covered in bumps and scratches. Not saying it was perfect at all, but a million miles away from most childhood experiences these days I bet.

*during the wawah...*

Aye.We had the docks in Port Talbot, not far from where i lived so so we spent a lot of time down there and there was this old dilapidated crane hovering over a cesspit of water that was excess shit fom the steelworks.There'd be hundreds down there climbing the 40 ft crane and diving off into the stagnant filthy water below.But we loved it and health and safety was the last thing on our mind.It's gone now of course,too much fun and risk assessments carried out i think but we had some fun and we wasn't up in the bedroom every night staring at a screen.We had air rifles that we'd take down the docks too but that's another story !
[Post edited 30 Nov 2013 18:35]
Favourite dog? on 20:02 - Nov 30 with 840 viewsGowerjack

Favourite dog? on 17:15 - Nov 30 by wr72

Great post ,

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024