Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite dog? 20:46 - Nov 29 with 7554 views_

Labrador, always and every time....

I have had a border colley in the past, crazy excitable temperament but always a Lab for me.

Loyal as they come, handsome chaps, the cutest puppies, great with kids and people in general and they've got a bit of bite when needed also. I can see Jackson now chasing a big Doberman out of the drive. Haha.

You?

This post has been edited by an administrator

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Favourite dog? on 00:24 - Nov 30 with 1293 viewsepaul

Always been a heinz for me, cant beat a mongrel bit of everything. My daughters got a cockerpoo, it's as thick as f*ck loverly dog tho...wierd

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Favourite dog? on 00:28 - Nov 30 with 1287 viewsjack_lord

Favourite dog? on 00:24 - Nov 30 by epaul

Always been a heinz for me, cant beat a mongrel bit of everything. My daughters got a cockerpoo, it's as thick as f*ck loverly dog tho...wierd

My wife said we should breed our lab with a big poodle and I said that a big yellow permed thing would remind me of those dark days in the eighties.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Favourite dog? (n/t) on 00:45 - Nov 30 with 1279 viewsepaul

Favourite dog? on 00:28 - Nov 30 by jack_lord

My wife said we should breed our lab with a big poodle and I said that a big yellow permed thing would remind me of those dark days in the eighties.

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Favourite dog? (n/t) on 00:45 - Nov 30 with 1279 viewsepaul

Favourite dog? on 00:45 - Nov 30 with 1279 viewsepaul

Favourite dog? on 07:24 - Nov 30 with 1260 viewsjandyt

Boxer every time. Big soft animals who love kids...and just about everyone else!

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

Favourite dog? on 07:54 - Nov 30 with 1257 viewswr72

Has to be the beagle.The most intelligent canine of the lot.They're almost human like and don't suffer fools gladly.Most dogs will get excited and fawn all over you.Not the beagle, they will sit back, suss you out and if they like you then they may let you show some affection.They also have the lowest risk of health problems in the canine world.Not cheap but an incredible pet.
Favourite dog? on 08:00 - Nov 30 with 1252 viewsDr_Winston

German Shepherds. Immensely loyal and a highly entertaining mix of intelligent and dopey.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Favourite dog? on 08:11 - Nov 30 with 1249 viewsswancity

My favourites are the ones that don't bite, bark, smell, ruin furniture, drop masses of smelly saliva from their mouths, don't s h I t everywhere, and don't attack and kill young children

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Favourite dog? on 08:15 - Nov 30 with 1239 viewsSwansNZ

Favourite dog? on 08:11 - Nov 30 by swancity

My favourites are the ones that don't bite, bark, smell, ruin furniture, drop masses of smelly saliva from their mouths, don't s h I t everywhere, and don't attack and kill young children

Another vote for the Lab then?

Best dog I ever had was a black lab. Have a Jack Russell now, suitiably named Jack :)

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Favourite dog? on 08:26 - Nov 30 with 1234 views_

Favourite dog? on 08:00 - Nov 30 by Dr_Winston

German Shepherds. Immensely loyal and a highly entertaining mix of intelligent and dopey.

An Alsatian would be up there for me too. You'd need the room, time and energy the bigger they get though but my old man's got some great stories with his old GS - Ringo.

Our Lab, well we had two, Starski and Jackson, they've both seen a game in the Vetch, Jackson's even done away games in Stoke and Exeter, he's probably seen us away more than Scouse ;-) And can you imagine trying to take a dog into the football today haha and the funny thing is and before you ask, no, my old man isn't blind, they weren't guide dogs, he just doted on them. Can anyone on here remember seeing a Lab at those games, 80's, 90's?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Favourite dog? on 08:27 - Nov 30 with 1229 viewsWarwickHunt

Favourite dog? on 07:54 - Nov 30 by wr72

Has to be the beagle.The most intelligent canine of the lot.They're almost human like and don't suffer fools gladly.Most dogs will get excited and fawn all over you.Not the beagle, they will sit back, suss you out and if they like you then they may let you show some affection.They also have the lowest risk of health problems in the canine world.Not cheap but an incredible pet.

"Has to be the beagle.The most intelligent canine of the lot"

Sorry mate, lovely dogs but that's bollox....

In this order...

Border Collie
Poodle
German Shepherd
Golden Retriever
Doberman Pinscher
Shetland Sheepdog
Labrador Retriever
Papillon
Rottweiler
Australian Cattle Dog
[Post edited 30 Nov 2013 8:28]
Favourite dog? on 08:39 - Nov 30 with 1214 viewsDr_Winston

Favourite dog? on 08:26 - Nov 30 by _

An Alsatian would be up there for me too. You'd need the room, time and energy the bigger they get though but my old man's got some great stories with his old GS - Ringo.

Our Lab, well we had two, Starski and Jackson, they've both seen a game in the Vetch, Jackson's even done away games in Stoke and Exeter, he's probably seen us away more than Scouse ;-) And can you imagine trying to take a dog into the football today haha and the funny thing is and before you ask, no, my old man isn't blind, they weren't guide dogs, he just doted on them. Can anyone on here remember seeing a Lab at those games, 80's, 90's?

Yeah. Sadly work prevents me getting a dog of my own, so I have to settle for a cat and walking this dull mutt whenever I'm down me mums.

I'll get another one day. Sadly the hip dysplasia with German Shepherds can cast a shadow over the whole thing knowing you'll probably have to have the poor bugger put down before they hit double figures.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Favourite dog? on 08:48 - Nov 30 with 1203 viewsdameedna

Favourite dog? on 08:39 - Nov 30 by Dr_Winston

Yeah. Sadly work prevents me getting a dog of my own, so I have to settle for a cat and walking this dull mutt whenever I'm down me mums.

I'll get another one day. Sadly the hip dysplasia with German Shepherds can cast a shadow over the whole thing knowing you'll probably have to have the poor bugger put down before they hit double figures.

jug at the moment

jack/jug cross

australian cattle dog bugger me that's is a tough mother of a canine good call
Favourite dog? on 08:54 - Nov 30 with 1196 viewsDr_Winston

Favourite dog? on 08:48 - Nov 30 by dameedna

jug at the moment

jack/jug cross

australian cattle dog bugger me that's is a tough mother of a canine good call

Talking of tough canines, a cousin of mine once had a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Lion fighting dogs. They're not as big as a Rottie, but I wouldn't bet against one in a scrap.

Favourite dog? on 08:55 - Nov 30 with 1080 viewsjack_the_lad

I've got 2 Jack Russells, called "Jack One" and "Jack two", (not very original I know, but what would you expect from a Swans fan?).

They are brave as Fu*k, (they think they are Rotwiellers ). You should see em attack a barn full of rats it's awsome. They are great entertainment, always playing together, good with kids also.
Favourite dog? on 09:01 - Nov 30 with 1076 viewswr72

Favourite dog? on 08:27 - Nov 30 by WarwickHunt

"Has to be the beagle.The most intelligent canine of the lot"

Sorry mate, lovely dogs but that's bollox....

In this order...

Border Collie
Poodle
German Shepherd
Golden Retriever
Doberman Pinscher
Shetland Sheepdog
Labrador Retriever
Papillon
Rottweiler
Australian Cattle Dog
[Post edited 30 Nov 2013 8:28]

Apart from a German Shephard and a Labbie then i wouldn't know because i've never owned any other the other dogs especially not a feckin poodle And i though a Papillon was a film.Shows what i know eh!!
Favourite dog? on 09:19 - Nov 30 with 1057 viewsWarwickHunt

Favourite dog? on 09:01 - Nov 30 by wr72

Apart from a German Shephard and a Labbie then i wouldn't know because i've never owned any other the other dogs especially not a feckin poodle And i though a Papillon was a film.Shows what i know eh!!

There have been lots of intelligence tests on breeds and that list is fairly well established.

Greyhounds aren't the smartest but are a great choice if you want a gentle, affectionate, biddable dog that doesn't need much exercise. Two fifteen minute walks a day according to my mate who's always taken on retired racers.

Bedlam when my mate brought his round - used to play fight for hours with my Border and chase each other up and down the stairs.

Lovely creatures. Keep the buggers on a lead around cats though...
[Post edited 30 Nov 2013 9:20]
Favourite dog? on 10:21 - Nov 30 with 1033 viewsmax936

We've had 4 Dobermans, all have had superb temperaments and have been loyal and loving, Maxy who we've got now is a big fuss pot and as gentle as a lamb

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Favourite dog? on 10:28 - Nov 30 with 1026 viewsJackfath

I am warming to the idea of getting either one of these;

or

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Favourite dog? on 10:30 - Nov 30 with 1023 viewslifelong

Springer Spaniels are my favourite dogs, had 3 of them over the years.
Favourite dog? on 10:40 - Nov 30 with 1018 viewsmax936

Favourite dog? on 10:30 - Nov 30 by lifelong

Springer Spaniels are my favourite dogs, had 3 of them over the years.

Do you use them to land those Bass you catch instead of a net

Favourite dog? on 10:52 - Nov 30 with 1011 viewslifelong

Favourite dog? on 10:40 - Nov 30 by max936

Do you use them to land those Bass you catch instead of a net

Nah! the dog's mouth was never big enough.
Favourite dog? on 11:30 - Nov 30 with 990 viewsmax936

Favourite dog? on 10:52 - Nov 30 by lifelong

Nah! the dog's mouth was never big enough.

good comeback

Favourite dog? on 12:15 - Nov 30 with 972 viewsjandyt

Favourite dog? on 10:28 - Nov 30 by Jackfath

I am warming to the idea of getting either one of these;

or

Mastiffs and bulldogs are beautiful dogs, but mastiffs are huge and take some handling, whilst Bulldogs have breathing problems unfortunately.

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024