Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What have we become? 23:27 - Dec 9 with 3132 viewsMillJack

Putting aside all of the dividend issues that have been well documented on here, and the clear shambles we are when it comes to commercial nous and ticketing, I think that as a set of supporters we need to start looking a little closer to home.

I'm sure that these issues may already be being discussed in other threads but what the f**k is happening to the attitude displayed by our 'fans'.

This whole Danny Graham situation tonight has got me thinking. Let me fill you in on the details first, if you weren't at the game....

Danny Graham scores, queue a good portion of the ground applauding him because he refused to celebrate. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't we vilifying that mob up east for doing the exact same thing with one of their former players just last week? "You've gone soft" we said, well by f**k at least he was one of their own, DG is simply someone who took a (very healthy) wage out of our club and spunked it on a various amount of addiction (allegedly) while at the same time being largely ineffective doing the job for which he was being paid the said handsome wage. Hardly the messiah.

The rest of the half was spent with the same supporters largely moaning at the efforts (albeit not much to speak about) of the current incumbents of their clubs shirt. What happened next however was the worst of the lot.....the team were booed off at half-time......I'll give you a second to digest that.......yes, that's correct, at half-f**king-time!! Who are these people doing the booing? they're clearly not 'supporters' of the club I love, nobody in their right mind would do that surely? I can only assume they're the ones who nip off after 80 minutes to miss the traffic.

Anyway, the second half got under way, performances improved and were greeted by an equal improvement in the atmosphere off the pitch. However, some people just can't leave certain players alone. Pablo, who didn't have a great game by the way, was still being jumped on for making the same mistakes as all of his teammates. Meanwhile, Tiendalli looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights every time he got the ball, in part (imo) due to the constant verbals being volleyed at him by his own crowd!

Next up, the player who scored the goal that cost us 2 points, gets a poxy standing ovation when substituted. I've seen it all now. This substitution, by the way, was sandwiched between two Swansea substitutions (De Guz & Pablo) which barely managed a smattering of applause. They are playing for us right? There's actually a group of people who sit in front of me who seem unable to bring themselves to applaud Pablo whenever he's subbed. Sad.

Anyway, to bring the story to a close. The DG love-in continued after the game. I'd lost the will to live at this point, not because of the effort of the players, but by the number of complete f**ktards that I seem to be surrounded by, in increasing numbers, each game.

What happened to the Liberty being an intimidating place to come to? I'll tell you what....2 and a bit years in the Premier League. We've become those fans of Villa, Fulham, Sunderland, etc. that we used to enjoy taking the p!ss out of because they couldn't generate an atmosphere while we sang, shouted and encouraged our side through every home game.

I was embarrassed to be surrounded by some of the people I witnessed tonight, not all of you but more than I feel comfortable with.
What have we become? on 23:28 - Dec 9 with 3118 viewsItchySphincter

A bit long winded and melodramatic but basically right.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2013 23:39]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

What have we become? on 23:38 - Dec 9 with 3071 viewsDaithejack

F#%king spot on mate, its been non stop success for a lot of them who jumped on the band wagon in the last ten years and they are f#%king spoilt, wake up for f#%ks sake we aren't Real Madrid we are a small club punching above our weight in the hardest league in the world. Get behind the team mun.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

What have we become? on 23:44 - Dec 9 with 3019 viewsPozuelosSideys

If the players play well, they get all the praise and adulation in the world. If they are as piss poor as they were today then they deserve to take the flak that comes with it. A number of performances this season have not been good enough - application and attitude.

No idea about the clapping Graham thing - he shouldve been booed for the full 90.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

What have we become? on 23:44 - Dec 9 with 3014 views2face

Good post. It's probably costing us points now. Plus it's disgusting. Booing your own players. I just can't fathom what goes through someones mind to think that's a good idea.
What have we become? on 23:50 - Dec 9 with 2972 viewsMillJack

What have we become? on 23:44 - Dec 9 by PozuelosSideys

If the players play well, they get all the praise and adulation in the world. If they are as piss poor as they were today then they deserve to take the flak that comes with it. A number of performances this season have not been good enough - application and attitude.

No idea about the clapping Graham thing - he shouldve been booed for the full 90.

You're aware that there was another team on the pitch tonight? A team who set themselves up defensively to stifle the movement and creativity of our team?

We've been quick to criticise other supporters in the past who have claimed that they "had an off day" in light of a brilliant performance by us. It's not a black and white to say we're sh!t one day and brilliant the next. Teams set up to stifle us like tonight and sometimes we can't find a way around it. that's football.

I have never, and will never, boo my own team based on 45 mins, 90 mins or even a seasons worth of football.
What have we become? on 23:54 - Dec 9 with 2953 viewsPozuelosSideys

What have we become? on 23:50 - Dec 9 by MillJack

You're aware that there was another team on the pitch tonight? A team who set themselves up defensively to stifle the movement and creativity of our team?

We've been quick to criticise other supporters in the past who have claimed that they "had an off day" in light of a brilliant performance by us. It's not a black and white to say we're sh!t one day and brilliant the next. Teams set up to stifle us like tonight and sometimes we can't find a way around it. that's football.

I have never, and will never, boo my own team based on 45 mins, 90 mins or even a seasons worth of football.

Absolutely. I thought Hull were decent. No chance of them going down whatsoever imo.

They set themselves up well, kept a good shape and the right back looked dangerous. However, the way we play and the quality we have in our side means we should be used to that by now. Sometimes we deal with it, other times we dont. Its not acceptable to misplace lots of simple passes, create very little, have next to no movement off the ball and donate goals to the opposition with half arsed passes. The players looked like they didnt give a toss to me. Its a carrot and stick world, the carrot only works so often.

Agree with the booing though - time and a place for it.. and that certainly isnt during play or at half time. Eejits.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

What have we become? on 23:55 - Dec 9 with 2944 viewsDarran

What have we become? on 23:44 - Dec 9 by PozuelosSideys

How the f*ck is booing them off at half time when only one goal behind deserving of taking the flak?
Seriously you're talking shit there mate,one poxy goal innit that's all it was not as if Hull were out of sight FFS.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What have we become? on 00:00 - Dec 10 with 2924 viewsPozuelosSideys

What have we become? on 23:55 - Dec 9 by Darran

How the f*ck is booing them off at half time when only one goal behind deserving of taking the flak?
Seriously you're talking shit there mate,one poxy goal innit that's all it was not as if Hull were out of sight FFS.

I wasnt advocating the booing. The performance was piss poor though, and given that large sections of our support are generally clueless, what do you expect?

Login to get fewer ads

What have we become? on 00:03 - Dec 10 with 2913 viewsDarran

What have we become? on 00:00 - Dec 10 by PozuelosSideys

I wasnt advocating the booing. The performance was piss poor though, and given that large sections of our support are generally clueless, what do you expect?

Fair point and I agree with that.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What have we become? on 00:05 - Dec 10 with 2901 viewsswancity

What have we become? on 00:03 - Dec 10 by Darran

Fair point and I agree with that.

Your hair needs a wash

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

What have we become? on 00:05 - Dec 10 with 2899 viewsRevolutionaryJack

MillJack f*cking spot on with both posts mate was saying it after the Newcastle game they attacked us we picked them apart, Hull came here to defend we struggled.
We will not win every home game three nil but most of our So called fans are to thick to understand that and boo our players off at half time f*cktards.

I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves.

What have we become? on 03:22 - Dec 10 with 2796 viewsSwansNZ

What have we become? on 23:28 - Dec 9 by ItchySphincter

A bit long winded and melodramatic but basically right.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2013 23:39]

... except "while at the same time being largely ineffective doing the job for which he was being paid the said handsome wage"

I think DG did a decent job for us in, his relatively short stay

BUT, yes, he is no longer our player, so f**k him.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

What have we become? on 08:37 - Dec 10 with 2659 viewsnumbers123

i dint see any body applaud dg when he scored, dont know where thats come from. read the reports on a number of different sites which said there were no applauding either. Certainly none where i was.

the atmos at the liberty has become non existant over the past few games. i think people are expecting to much, we are doing very very well for a club our size and people need to remeber that. People need to get a grip and stop creaming them selves everytime someone gives swansea a compliment in the media. Used to always pride our selves on the non stop noise down there even with small crowds etc that was one thing that we could count on. now you can here a pin drop at times.

booing at half time when we are only 1 goal down is a disgrace. yes we were all frustrated by the way we played but booing the team will not help. if anything it will not encourage to try anything creative incas it doesnt come off and gets abuse from the crowd.

we all need to play our part and we aint doing it any more.
What have we become? on 09:03 - Dec 10 with 2617 viewslovejuicejack

Fans where screaming danny`s name during warm up and then to applaud him when subbed is baffling and embarrassing, I just cannot get my head round why we would clap a player that did not want to be at our club. shall we clap when cardiff beat us next??
What have we become? on 09:20 - Dec 10 with 2578 viewsJackbustard

Some of our fans are complete and utter w@nkers. I was waiting in queue in the east stand toilet and some of the stuff was laughable. Calling our players w@nkers, bunch of c@nts etc etc. I had to say to one bloke if he felt like that then why is he down there, he soon shut up.

Granted we weren't at our best last night but the breed of fan we now seem to have is really starting to put me off going down there. I can't stand all this negative abuse.

Why pay all that money to slate your OWN team from start to finish.
What have we become? on 10:26 - Dec 10 with 2514 viewscontroversial_jack

What have we become? on 09:20 - Dec 10 by Jackbustard

Some of our fans are complete and utter w@nkers. I was waiting in queue in the east stand toilet and some of the stuff was laughable. Calling our players w@nkers, bunch of c@nts etc etc. I had to say to one bloke if he felt like that then why is he down there, he soon shut up.

Granted we weren't at our best last night but the breed of fan we now seem to have is really starting to put me off going down there. I can't stand all this negative abuse.

Why pay all that money to slate your OWN team from start to finish.

Hull parked the defensive bus for long periods. We did well to break them down, but I'm more concerned with conceding slopy goals early on - It's not the first time this has happened. Why applaud Graham, he wasn't that good while he was here
What have we become? on 10:47 - Dec 10 with 2495 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

What have we become? on 08:37 - Dec 10 by numbers123

i dint see any body applaud dg when he scored, dont know where thats come from. read the reports on a number of different sites which said there were no applauding either. Certainly none where i was.

the atmos at the liberty has become non existant over the past few games. i think people are expecting to much, we are doing very very well for a club our size and people need to remeber that. People need to get a grip and stop creaming them selves everytime someone gives swansea a compliment in the media. Used to always pride our selves on the non stop noise down there even with small crowds etc that was one thing that we could count on. now you can here a pin drop at times.

booing at half time when we are only 1 goal down is a disgrace. yes we were all frustrated by the way we played but booing the team will not help. if anything it will not encourage to try anything creative incas it doesnt come off and gets abuse from the crowd.

we all need to play our part and we aint doing it any more.

I sit in the middle of the east and while I definately heard clapping after he scored there had been a bit of a delay and I'm not sure whether it was for DG for the goal or whether it was the start of us getting behind the team again for the restart.

I may be in the minority but DG left pretty quickly and while I don't advocate clapping him after he scored I don't think there's anything wrong with giving a player a polite round of applause when he went off (anyone) - I'm sure we've done it before for exceptional performances (Lua Lua) so no harm in polite applause for someone who overall did pretty well in his short time here.

He did also show a bit of respect in not celebrating where I could have forgiven him for celebrating like a lunatic after so long without a goal.

As was mentioned before though, there is no way that he should have got a better reception than our current players when the subs were being made - I even heard cheers last night when Pablo went sprinting off - he was along way away from being our worst player last night.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024