Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist 11:58 - Dec 17 with 3458 viewsRisborough_r

Techie help required please!

I've just got the call saying phones up for renewal. I've always had iphones since I can remember and they really seem to be pushing the iphone 5 (even chucking in a £100 gift experience voucher), 4G, 5GB downloads etc

So do I stick with iphone or go for something like the Samsung Note 3 that has a bigger screen? The biggest issue with iphone is the battery life (10 hours as compared 20 hours with Samsung)

Im tempted to switch to Samsung. Has anyone advice/recommendations that won't make me regret getting stuck with a pup for two years?

Thank you in anticipation
Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 12:04 - Dec 17 with 3439 viewsvodkasupper

samsung !
Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 12:05 - Dec 17 with 3437 viewsMetallica_Hoop

A load of people I know (well about 3) recently switched from iphone to Samsung.

I have the Nokia 1020 and the 4G is amazing as is the camera.

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Camera-Comparison-Nokia-Lumia-1020-vs-Galaxy-S
[Post edited 17 Dec 2013 12:05]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 12:21 - Dec 17 with 3413 viewssimmo

Most people I know that have got upgrades recently have switched from iPhone to Apple (including me). Best decision I have made and yet to know of any others regretting the decision.

I got the Samsung 4 but the new HTC and Sony's are both great. Especially the HTC apparently, it won the best phone award to back up the positive reviews.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 12:24 - Dec 17 with 3407 viewsWokingR

Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 12:21 - Dec 17 by simmo

Most people I know that have got upgrades recently have switched from iPhone to Apple (including me). Best decision I have made and yet to know of any others regretting the decision.

I got the Samsung 4 but the new HTC and Sony's are both great. Especially the HTC apparently, it won the best phone award to back up the positive reviews.

I've got the new HTC One but it's nowhere near as user friendly as my old HTC Desire and is also the second HTC I have had that simply freezes and then shuts itself down for around 10 minutes.
Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 12:26 - Dec 17 with 3405 viewsrobith

Switched from iOS to android on last upgrade, love it. Got the HTC one. It's a stunning piece of kit, and "feels" more premium than my gf's samsung (though cold to hold in current temperatures!

I also have a nexus 7 tablet which is immense so feel I should do a shout for the nexus 5 phone. pals I know who have it, rave about it
Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 12:30 - Dec 17 with 3394 viewsJuzzie

Don't worry about who Samsung sponsor, they make bloody good products. I've had two TV’s and a mobile phone and they're great. I'm more concerned about watching a good quality TV than stewing over who they sponsor.

I have the Galaxy S2 and it's great. Android is catching up with and will supersede iPhone/iPad’s rigid, single minded IOS/apps. We have an absolute Apple die-hard nut in the office who is now getting disillusioned with Apple's insular approach and unnecessary high costs. There's something like a £170 difference between a 16Gb and 32Gb iPhone/iPad yet it costs something like £4 for the extra memory. I really can't see the point in having a 16Gb model. Just make the base model 32Gb and add £20 tops to the price over the 16Gb model.

Staying with memory, Apple products have no external memory card ability. My phone has a 32Gb micro SD card giving total memory of 48Gb. The cost for that SD card? £14.

Other Android tablets all have the ability for a memory card to be added, iPads don't. It's a joke.

[Post edited 17 Dec 2013 12:37]
Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 12:45 - Dec 17 with 3361 viewsRisborough_r

Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 12:30 - Dec 17 by Juzzie

Don't worry about who Samsung sponsor, they make bloody good products. I've had two TV’s and a mobile phone and they're great. I'm more concerned about watching a good quality TV than stewing over who they sponsor.

I have the Galaxy S2 and it's great. Android is catching up with and will supersede iPhone/iPad’s rigid, single minded IOS/apps. We have an absolute Apple die-hard nut in the office who is now getting disillusioned with Apple's insular approach and unnecessary high costs. There's something like a £170 difference between a 16Gb and 32Gb iPhone/iPad yet it costs something like £4 for the extra memory. I really can't see the point in having a 16Gb model. Just make the base model 32Gb and add £20 tops to the price over the 16Gb model.

Staying with memory, Apple products have no external memory card ability. My phone has a 32Gb micro SD card giving total memory of 48Gb. The cost for that SD card? £14.

Other Android tablets all have the ability for a memory card to be added, iPads don't. It's a joke.

That's great . .thanks everyone for your input. Didn't even think about issues such as storage!

It does explain why they were so keen to land me with another iphone

Will probably go Samsung route but will consider HTC now too. Cheers chaps
Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 13:40 - Dec 17 with 3308 viewssimmo

Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 12:30 - Dec 17 by Juzzie

I will add to that though (with Samsung) that the extra memory is needed as so many of the proprietary apps cannot be moved to an SD Card or deleted. 85% of my phone memory is constantly in use and I have already moved all the apps that I can.

It is great to have the extra memory and transfer it all through a card. Also removeable battery means if you're ever away somewhere or out for a while with no power points you can just take an extra full battery and switch when you want.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 13:49 - Dec 17 with 3289 viewsQPR1506

Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 13:40 - Dec 17 by simmo

I will add to that though (with Samsung) that the extra memory is needed as so many of the proprietary apps cannot be moved to an SD Card or deleted. 85% of my phone memory is constantly in use and I have already moved all the apps that I can.

It is great to have the extra memory and transfer it all through a card. Also removeable battery means if you're ever away somewhere or out for a while with no power points you can just take an extra full battery and switch when you want.

I have no samsung products in my house due to the team they sponsor

In Redknapp We Trust !

Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 14:01 - Dec 17 with 3276 viewsHantsR

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini - it stopped working! Mind you that was after I dropped it in a river!

Good news is that there appears to be quite a good ebay market for water-damaged phones so got some back.

Identical replacement is very good - several mates have and advocate Samsungs despite their heinous sponsorship.
Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 14:06 - Dec 17 with 3271 viewspaesanu

It's becoming more and more common to hear that people who switch from Apple to Android never switch back, whereas going from Androidto Apple usually leads to regret.

I have the Samsung Note 2, best phone I've ever had. It's got the massive screen yet it's not cumbersome at all (could be the big hands!).

You can't go wrong with Samsung Note or Galaxy S4. However have a play with the HTC One X or the new LG G2. The latter looks lush.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 14:22 - Dec 17 with 3247 viewsBlackCrowe

Samung continues to fly off the shelves BUT a big proportion of those that switch from Apple to Samsung, actually switch back to iOS within 18 months. HTC's new One series launching in H1 2014 is rumoured to be exceptional.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 15:14 - Dec 17 with 3219 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Google Nexus 5

Currently, best bang for your bucks
Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 20:44 - Dec 17 with 3122 viewspaesanu

Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 14:22 - Dec 17 by BlackCrowe

Samung continues to fly off the shelves BUT a big proportion of those that switch from Apple to Samsung, actually switch back to iOS within 18 months. HTC's new One series launching in H1 2014 is rumoured to be exceptional.

Nope, those that go to Android stay with Android.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 08:33 - Dec 18 with 3044 viewsWokingR

Something else to bear in mind

Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 13:31 - Dec 18 with 2983 viewsBrightonhoop

I was looking at the iPhone 4 upgrade from the 3 and Apple wanted a £100 Premium, didn't fancy the design and the HTC screen size alone turned my head, with no premium. I had the 1X, brilliant phone, large screen, simple to use, decent battery life and sat in the hand naturally. Battery can get hot was my only criticism of it.

I wouldn't have a Samsung in the house....and Apple now just bore me too tears.
Non Footie - New Mobile Phone Assist on 14:15 - Dec 18 with 2970 viewscalders

Me and my daughter both switched from I phones to the s4 when it first came out, took a bit of time to get used to it but I would never switch back now. Samsung/android all day long.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024