Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Belfodil? 23:41 - Jan 4 with 13435 viewsTheBlob

http://www.football-italia.net/43394/qpr-and-west-ham-want-belfodil

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Belfodil? on 15:03 - Jan 22 with 3442 views08olesen

I think you are responding to the wrong person, i never said anything about conceding goals, just simply suggested that with 4 players who can head the ball well and others like niko and barton, who should be able to deliver a good cross, there should be no reason why we dont score more often than we do. i simply suggest that you think about what you write, rather than regurgitate a knee jerk reaction to a factual post.

Thats to Antti
[Post edited 22 Jan 2014 15:07]

Poll: Who will the other play off

Belfodil? on 15:11 - Jan 22 with 3392 viewsW7Ranger

Belfodil? on 14:46 - Jan 22 by izlingtonhoop

I always say 'Pah! We never score from corners..' whilst everyone gets excited in the lower Loft, just to annoy the gods and have them make a fool of me.

It worked on Saturday.

I came across the 02/03 Season Review at the week-end which I'd last watched a few years ago after "borrowing" from a friend. So the other night I thought I'd have a look through to re-live some of the up and downs of that season. A few things that struck me in that season.

The team spirit was absolutely incredible. Proper full on celebrations with all players getting involved after virtually every goal we scored.

You could tell every player was playing for the shirt. So many big and important players playing for us back then. Day, Forbes, Shittu, Carlisle, Padula, Palmer, Birch, Langley, Gallen, Furlong, Thomson and even Karl Connolly for a while.

You can clearly see a huge connection between the players and the fans.

Ollie (with Kenny Jacket) was absolutely the perfect manager for us at that time.

The noise and atmosphere from THAT 2nd leg from start to finish was something else!!!

Rob Styles is a khuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunt!!

And last but not least, I know we are still only in January, but our centre backs have scored 2 goals between them this season. But in the 02/03 season, our centre backs chipped in with 9 goals! 7 of them from Shittu!!! I would hope that our current centre backs would chip in with at least 3 or 4 more goals before the season is out.

Oh and Rob Styles is khuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunt!!

Oh, and oh, Andy Hall is a massive khuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunt!!
[Post edited 22 Jan 2014 15:26]
Belfodil? on 16:23 - Jan 22 with 3321 viewsowzaQPR

Don't want him. Goal scoring record is not great and looks like a bit of a donkey tbh. Dunno what has happened to Ntep deal? but Redknapp needs to get someone in at some point this window.
Belfodil? on 20:23 - Jan 22 with 3187 viewsRangerJim

He's a big lad. Should tear up the championship as a forward

Belfodil? on 21:32 - Jan 22 with 3144 viewsCiderwithRsie

Pah. When I were a lad footballers didn't have names that sounded like something you got on prescription.

Though I did once have to take a course of anti-heinolas
Belfodil? on 07:36 - Jan 25 with 3033 viewsJonDoeman

Looks like our deals getting hijacked ...
Source: SkySport
And 'offer came from England to Belfodil from West Bromwich. The team would like the Inter player on loan. Genoa, however, approaches Mudingayi, today there was a meeting with the player's agent.
This refers Gianluca Di Marzio to SkySport during the Special Cup.

It Is What It Is !!

Belfodil? on 11:23 - Jan 25 with 2941 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Belfodil? on 10:50 - Jan 26 with 2827 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Belfodil? on 10:54 - Jan 26 with 2814 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Belfodil? on 10:57 - Jan 26 with 2800 viewsJamie

More exciting than this is that Pennant has been released by Stoke.

Only 31, and he is a triffic lad....
Belfodil? on 11:09 - Jan 26 with 2759 viewsJonDoeman

Belfodil? on 10:57 - Jan 26 by Jamie

More exciting than this is that Pennant has been released by Stoke.

Only 31, and he is a triffic lad....

It Is What It Is !!

Belfodil? on 11:23 - Jan 26 with 2725 viewsrsonist

Belfodil? on 16:23 - Jan 22 by owzaQPR

Don't want him. Goal scoring record is not great and looks like a bit of a donkey tbh. Dunno what has happened to Ntep deal? but Redknapp needs to get someone in at some point this window.

8 goals in an average side in Serie A seems very decent to me, especially for someone who's going to be playing in the Championship. Other players who scored that many last year include Cassano, Toni, Matri, Miccoli, Cerci... think we'd be pretty chuffed in the unlikely event we were getting one of them to drop a level.

Of course he may still turn out to be rubbish, but for a loan in our position it seems on paper a far better punt than most.
Belfodil? on 21:34 - Jan 26 with 2541 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Sky Italia reporting he is having a medical tuesday

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Belfodil? on 22:09 - Jan 26 with 2491 viewsdublinr

Hello everyone. I've been a regular visitor to the site for a few years now, drawn by the quality of Clive's reports. Going back and forth between Ireland and Italy, I don't get to see us play very often (just the grisly Doncaster game this season) and I find Clive's sardonic write-ups are the next best thing to being there. Actually, at half time against Doncaster, it crossed my mind that they might even be better than being there.

Anyway, I thought I would finally register because I think I can add a useful tuppence worth to the debate on Belfodil. The chatter in Italy has him heading our way imminently on a six-month loan deal with no option to buy. This may or may not happen of course, but I think we are collectively a little too underwhelmed by the prospect of securing his services. His stats are none too shabby and he looks a very good prospect. I remember him looking decent for Parma last season - and, as rsonist suggests, his return of 8 in 33 was good by Serie A standards - but I was still surprised when Inter bought him, paying a supposed 7.5 million for the right to 50% of him, ie valuing him at 15 million. I think the figures must be nonsense. But what's worth noticing is that Parma clearly rated him - hanging on to half his registration in the expectation that he would be worth seriously big money in the future. Inter also clearly rated him, and continue to rate him. Thus the lack of an option to buy. He has come on as a substitute in most of their games this season and was only dropped from the squad when he put in a transfer request, citing his desire for more game time to try and secure a place in the Algeria world cup squad. His chances at Inter have been slim, but he hasn't really disappointed. In all he's played just over 180 minutes in Serie A and scored once. A good return. In the Coppa Italia he played twice, scored once. Not bad, especially given that when they brought him on he tended to play as a wide man rather than as centre forward.

Inter aren't a great side this last couple of years, its true. But they'll still be top six this year. If there was a possibility that we were about to sign a young talent from a top six side in England, playing almost every game (though as substitute) for a Liverpool, say, and scoring once every two games, I reckon we'd think we were about to stage quite a coup.

Of course we probably won't. And if we do, he could well end up as another Macheda. But his career so far is much, much more promising than Federico's. Why would he join us? Well, apart from the grotesque salary we are no doubt dangling his way, it may be that he genuinely does want playing time and feels that he is more likely to get it with us in the Championship than with any Premiership side. If he does arrive, my only worry would be that to entice him here we might have had to guarantee him a certain number of starts (fitness permitting, of course). If that were the case, it wouldn't mean playing a mandatory 442 as he's comfortable in a advanced midfield role, but it would mean that if he turns out to be Macheda mark two, we'd be stuffed.

Apologies for the length of my post.

Belfodil? on 22:12 - Jan 26 with 2475 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Belfodil? on 22:09 - Jan 26 by dublinr

Hello everyone. I've been a regular visitor to the site for a few years now, drawn by the quality of Clive's reports. Going back and forth between Ireland and Italy, I don't get to see us play very often (just the grisly Doncaster game this season) and I find Clive's sardonic write-ups are the next best thing to being there. Actually, at half time against Doncaster, it crossed my mind that they might even be better than being there.

Anyway, I thought I would finally register because I think I can add a useful tuppence worth to the debate on Belfodil. The chatter in Italy has him heading our way imminently on a six-month loan deal with no option to buy. This may or may not happen of course, but I think we are collectively a little too underwhelmed by the prospect of securing his services. His stats are none too shabby and he looks a very good prospect. I remember him looking decent for Parma last season - and, as rsonist suggests, his return of 8 in 33 was good by Serie A standards - but I was still surprised when Inter bought him, paying a supposed 7.5 million for the right to 50% of him, ie valuing him at 15 million. I think the figures must be nonsense. But what's worth noticing is that Parma clearly rated him - hanging on to half his registration in the expectation that he would be worth seriously big money in the future. Inter also clearly rated him, and continue to rate him. Thus the lack of an option to buy. He has come on as a substitute in most of their games this season and was only dropped from the squad when he put in a transfer request, citing his desire for more game time to try and secure a place in the Algeria world cup squad. His chances at Inter have been slim, but he hasn't really disappointed. In all he's played just over 180 minutes in Serie A and scored once. A good return. In the Coppa Italia he played twice, scored once. Not bad, especially given that when they brought him on he tended to play as a wide man rather than as centre forward.

Inter aren't a great side this last couple of years, its true. But they'll still be top six this year. If there was a possibility that we were about to sign a young talent from a top six side in England, playing almost every game (though as substitute) for a Liverpool, say, and scoring once every two games, I reckon we'd think we were about to stage quite a coup.

Of course we probably won't. And if we do, he could well end up as another Macheda. But his career so far is much, much more promising than Federico's. Why would he join us? Well, apart from the grotesque salary we are no doubt dangling his way, it may be that he genuinely does want playing time and feels that he is more likely to get it with us in the Championship than with any Premiership side. If he does arrive, my only worry would be that to entice him here we might have had to guarantee him a certain number of starts (fitness permitting, of course). If that were the case, it wouldn't mean playing a mandatory 442 as he's comfortable in a advanced midfield role, but it would mean that if he turns out to be Macheda mark two, we'd be stuffed.

Thanks for the info, Dub!

Very valuable insight.

Ahem...cheese?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Belfodil? on 22:26 - Jan 26 with 2263 viewsdublinr

Belfodil? on 22:12 - Jan 26 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks for the info, Dub!

Very valuable insight.

Ahem...cheese?

Hopeless with computers. Tried to add a profile but didn't get anywhere. Didn't even know there was a collection of mug shots somewhere on here. I'm not sure I'd add a photo anyway; mine's the proverbial face for radio.

Belfodil? on 22:38 - Jan 26 with 2229 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Belfodil? on 22:26 - Jan 26 by dublinr

Hopeless with computers. Tried to add a profile but didn't get anywhere. Didn't even know there was a collection of mug shots somewhere on here. I'm not sure I'd add a photo anyway; mine's the proverbial face for radio.

Go into Settings, Dublinr, on the top right of the screen, then click on Change avatar, then click on Upload New Avatar, photo has to be 100 x 100 pixels, and you're good to go.

You do need to tell everyone your favourite cheese, though!

Fáilte, a chara!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Belfodil? on 08:00 - Jan 27 with 2055 viewsJonDoeman

Belfodil? on 22:26 - Jan 26 by dublinr

Welcome on board mate.
I have high hopes for him myself, looks big strong , quick & skilful.
Hopefully he'll do very well at this level.

It Is What It Is !!

Belfodil? on 08:46 - Jan 27 with 1998 viewsJonDoeman

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1902476-should-premier-league-clubs-target-in

It Is What It Is !!

Belfodil? on 09:23 - Jan 27 with 1913 viewsrichranger

Seems we've got him - set for medical today.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/01/27/qpr-poised-to-snap-up-west-ham-target-ish
Belfodil? on 10:22 - Jan 27 with 1812 viewsTheBlob

Belfodil? on 22:09 - Jan 26 by dublinr

Welcome aboard.
I remember when you had the Punt Éireannach.
Lend us 10 Euros before it all goes tits up.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Belfodil? on 10:35 - Jan 27 with 1779 viewsrsonist

Even before he went to Italy he seems to have been a regular subject of interest from big clubs, so someone must see something in him. Or he's just got a great agent...

Agree with dublinr that it may be a concern if this loan obliges us to give him game time no matter the quality of his performances. In a league where David Nugent's on 15 I don't think talent will be the issue though - it'll be whether he's up for it.
Belfodil? on 10:42 - Jan 27 with 1743 viewsJamie

Belfodil? on 10:35 - Jan 27 by rsonist

Even before he went to Italy he seems to have been a regular subject of interest from big clubs, so someone must see something in him. Or he's just got a great agent...

Agree with dublinr that it may be a concern if this loan obliges us to give him game time no matter the quality of his performances. In a league where David Nugent's on 15 I don't think talent will be the issue though - it'll be whether he's up for it.

In fairness, 11 of those 15 were penalties.
Belfodil? on 10:53 - Jan 27 with 1721 viewsrsonist

Belfodil? on 10:42 - Jan 27 by Jamie

In fairness, 11 of those 15 were penalties.

Blimey I didn't realise it was quite that many. 13 pens out of 17 goals in all competitions... and he's missed two as well. Jammy gits.
Belfodil? on 11:11 - Jan 27 with 1688 viewsTacticalR

Thanks for your update on Belfodil. I am pretty much in the dark about him.

@dublinr 'If there was a possibility that we were about to sign a young talent from a top six side in England, playing almost every game (though as substitute) for a Liverpool, say, and scoring once every two games, I reckon we'd think we were about to stage quite a coup.'

If you had written that two years ago then there might have been more excitement. However, since then our strategy of scouring the reserves of big clubs for players has produced vastly more misses than hits (more Graneros than Townsends).

In some cases we've signed outright mentalists, so we can only hope this guy doesn't have too many bats in his belfry.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024