Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Strange But Wonderful Day 21:41 - Jan 11 with 6865 viewsLondon_Pride

When the team was announced with no wimgers and no pace it looked bad. First half of little inspiration, too many hopeful high balls to Austin, O'Neil was woeful and Carrol invisible. Once Barton went off to be replaced by Henry the remainder of the first half was painful with neither he or Carrol even looking as if they wanted the ball.

Whether Harry said something to Carrol at half time, in the 2nd half he started to take more responsibility and once Niko scored, you could see the confidence increase throughout the whole team - Henry and O'Neil included. From then on, party time and the team actually looked like promotion candidates. Good choice by Harry to bring on Traore to inject some pace just at the right time.

Niiko played really well but for me the outstanding player was Ekotto. He was first to every ball, made some crucial tackles and was great going forward.

Great to score 3 at Portman Road for the 2nd time in a row. Great support and I will really enjoy the Monday commute to liverpool Street with my Ipswich mates
A Strange But Wonderful Day on 21:56 - Jan 11 with 6784 viewsbosh67

Thanks for the report! Nice one.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

A Strange But Wonderful Day on 22:15 - Jan 11 with 6684 viewsLondon_Pride

One question. Why are we always so cr*p at corners. Four more today. Not one beat the first man. If I was Dunne or Hill I wouldn't even bother coming up for them.
A Strange But Wonderful Day on 08:26 - Jan 12 with 6385 viewsJonDoeman

A Strange But Wonderful Day on 22:15 - Jan 11 by London_Pride

One question. Why are we always so cr*p at corners. Four more today. Not one beat the first man. If I was Dunne or Hill I wouldn't even bother coming up for them.

Annoying isn't it! And Ipswich nearly scored from two of them!

It Is What It Is !!

A Strange But Wonderful Day on 09:12 - Jan 12 with 6289 viewsthemodfather

agreed, many in the pub pre match thought, we were in trouble...but as it unfolded, we held our own and maybe upped the tempo in the 2nd and the 1st goal knocked them for sure, after the 2nd..game over.
our set pieces are diabolical..what do they do in training?
still it ended in a good win, qpr fans being very noisy and a good day out.
A Strange But Wonderful Day on 10:46 - Jan 12 with 6120 viewsQPRski

I was suprised and disapointed by the team selection and the potential lack of speed. No wingers and no Onoucha. But it was a great 2nd half performance. But can anybody explain to me why we played so much more efficiently without Barton?
A Strange But Wonderful Day on 10:56 - Jan 12 with 6094 viewsTacticalR

A Strange But Wonderful Day on 08:26 - Jan 12 by JonDoeman

Annoying isn't it! And Ipswich nearly scored from two of them!

Yes, at the moment our corners are more of a danger to ourselves than the opposition.

Air hostess clique

A Strange But Wonderful Day on 11:46 - Jan 12 with 6022 viewsPommyhoop

Any phone footage of the crowd knocking about? Niko/Charlie song would be good.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

A Strange But Wonderful Day on 12:20 - Jan 12 with 5959 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

A Strange But Wonderful Day on 10:46 - Jan 12 by QPRski

I was suprised and disapointed by the team selection and the potential lack of speed. No wingers and no Onoucha. But it was a great 2nd half performance. But can anybody explain to me why we played so much more efficiently without Barton?

Barton is a very good player. Now, of course, I don't know for sure, but I'd imagine that he's also quite a dominant personality in the dressing room and out on the field.

Usually, he takes ALL the set pieces. I've seen Niko hovering around, when there've been free kicks awarded, just outside & to the left of the box. But Joey will pick up the ball, as if to say: "Don't even think about it, pretty boy". And Niko isn't the sort to argue.

In my office, there's a guy who has the same sort of personality as Joey - he likes to take charge of everything. If there's a problem, he'll be the one to fix it or report it to someone. He bustles around all day. He has a way of making you feel that you're not working hard enough (even though you are). And whatever question you might have, he always has the answer. In many ways, he has admirable qualities. But, when he's on holiday, the atmosphere in the office is so much nicer. Everyone is relaxed, no-one feels pressured or hassled; we share the responsibilites - the mood & the way in which we work & interact is altogether better.

THAT'S what yesterday's second half performance reminded me of!

Apologies for waffling, but I hope you get my point.

EDIT: I know that someone is now going to say: "What about the Swindon, Wigan & Forest games, then? Joey didn't play in those & yet, the results didn't come. Maybe the loss of JB yesterday & the desire to make up for the rubbish showing at Goodison combined to inspire the rest of them.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2014 12:46]
Login to get fewer ads

A Strange But Wonderful Day on 12:44 - Jan 12 with 5892 views18StoneOfHoop

OfficialQPR tend to release YouTube 1minute highlights @ noonish on Sundays:

Sorry for the delay on your Dreamboat OHFTN,commence drooling:

And here you go Pommy:

[Post edited 12 Jan 2014 13:10]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

A Strange But Wonderful Day on 12:49 - Jan 12 with 5870 viewsHunterhoop

One of the best things about yesterday was the atmosphere. Even in the first half when we were pony, the fans made noise and kept singing. In the second half the atmosphere was fantastic. Given recent home and away games, that was so refreshing! Great, great away following.

Less good was 7 of us being followed out of a pub after the match (having been in there with no issues for 2hrs) by a group of 15 Ipswich fans, down and alleyway and several of us getting rabbit punched in the back of the head, when we're walking away. No one went down so there was no shoeing but we were outnumbered 2-1 so it could have been a lot worse. When we got to the main road they all dispersed due to the cctv. Complete bell pieces. We were just on the way to the station.

I used to prefer Ipswich to Norwich. Now my view is both sets of fans are d*ckheads for different reasons.
A Strange But Wonderful Day on 13:49 - Jan 12 with 5795 viewsTacticalR

A Strange But Wonderful Day on 12:20 - Jan 12 by OnlyHereForTheNiko

Barton is a very good player. Now, of course, I don't know for sure, but I'd imagine that he's also quite a dominant personality in the dressing room and out on the field.

Usually, he takes ALL the set pieces. I've seen Niko hovering around, when there've been free kicks awarded, just outside & to the left of the box. But Joey will pick up the ball, as if to say: "Don't even think about it, pretty boy". And Niko isn't the sort to argue.

In my office, there's a guy who has the same sort of personality as Joey - he likes to take charge of everything. If there's a problem, he'll be the one to fix it or report it to someone. He bustles around all day. He has a way of making you feel that you're not working hard enough (even though you are). And whatever question you might have, he always has the answer. In many ways, he has admirable qualities. But, when he's on holiday, the atmosphere in the office is so much nicer. Everyone is relaxed, no-one feels pressured or hassled; we share the responsibilites - the mood & the way in which we work & interact is altogether better.

THAT'S what yesterday's second half performance reminded me of!

Apologies for waffling, but I hope you get my point.

EDIT: I know that someone is now going to say: "What about the Swindon, Wigan & Forest games, then? Joey didn't play in those & yet, the results didn't come. Maybe the loss of JB yesterday & the desire to make up for the rubbish showing at Goodison combined to inspire the rest of them.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2014 12:46]

I hope that person is not a manager, because the worst type of employee is the manager who thinks he can do everything better himself. Such 'heroes' drain the life out of everyone else.

You're right about Barton. He plays better when he doesn't try to do everything. We really saw that in our first season in the Premiership when he would wander all over the pitch in the most undisciplined way. It all came to a head when we were 0-2 at home to Liverpool and he was hooked with half an hour left to play. The QPR old hands staged a rally and we won 3-2. Since that game and his time in Marseilles he's been a lot better.

Having said that, I am not sure if this was the reason we improved yesterday. I actually think we won because Niko broke the deadlock with a moment of individual brilliance.

Air hostess clique

A Strange But Wonderful Day on 14:03 - Jan 12 with 5757 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

A Strange But Wonderful Day on 13:49 - Jan 12 by TacticalR

I hope that person is not a manager, because the worst type of employee is the manager who thinks he can do everything better himself. Such 'heroes' drain the life out of everyone else.

You're right about Barton. He plays better when he doesn't try to do everything. We really saw that in our first season in the Premiership when he would wander all over the pitch in the most undisciplined way. It all came to a head when we were 0-2 at home to Liverpool and he was hooked with half an hour left to play. The QPR old hands staged a rally and we won 3-2. Since that game and his time in Marseilles he's been a lot better.

Having said that, I am not sure if this was the reason we improved yesterday. I actually think we won because Niko broke the deadlock with a moment of individual brilliance.

No, TacticalR, he's not a manager (and never will be), but likes to think he has some control over the department.

Back to yesterday, Niko's goal gave the rest of the team the belief that they COULD go on and win. It came at the perfect time and, like its scorer, was a thing of beauty!

And I see that the parent club are keeping an eye on their asset!

A Strange But Wonderful Day on 14:16 - Jan 12 with 5721 viewsQPRski

You could be correct that there was a psychological effect. Henry who came on for Barton played suprisingly well. However, all the players seemed to grow in confidence. Perhaps there was an effective and inspiring team talk at half time? Anyway, a great goal grom Nico to break the deadlock and wonderfull overall team effort for a great win.
A Strange But Wonderful Day on 16:32 - Jan 12 with 5574 viewsstowmarketrange

A Strange But Wonderful Day on 14:03 - Jan 12 by OnlyHereForTheNiko

No, TacticalR, he's not a manager (and never will be), but likes to think he has some control over the department.

Back to yesterday, Niko's goal gave the rest of the team the belief that they COULD go on and win. It came at the perfect time and, like its scorer, was a thing of beauty!

And I see that the parent club are keeping an eye on their asset!

That would be our luck to pay for all his weight watchers bills and then he goes back to his parent club with a slim fast in his hand just when he gets back to his best.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2014 16:38]
A Strange But Wonderful Day on 15:42 - Jan 13 with 5252 viewsDoomed

A Strange But Wonderful Day on 14:16 - Jan 12 by QPRski

You could be correct that there was a psychological effect. Henry who came on for Barton played suprisingly well. However, all the players seemed to grow in confidence. Perhaps there was an effective and inspiring team talk at half time? Anyway, a great goal grom Nico to break the deadlock and wonderfull overall team effort for a great win.

I was at the game and I didn't think Henry played well at all, in fact he gave the ball away on several occasions and doesn't get stuck in like Barton. The game was 50/50 until we scored quite a few times Ipswich attacks failed when they were in good positions but totally messed it up.
Can't recall Henry winning the ball and making a decent forward pass!
I thought one of the main reasons for such a good win was Kranjcar holding the ball up and bringing in the midfielders. Dunne was superb at the back but needed replacing after 80mins as he was running out of steam
Henry is and will always be hopeless, he's like SWP, may have a average game now and again but usually garbage, I for one wouldn't miss him when he leaves (end of contract)
A Strange But Wonderful Day on 17:00 - Jan 13 with 5202 viewsbishom

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OI7u3GXUHiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Top,top away day!!!!!!

Bishom

A Strange But Wonderful Day on 17:07 - Jan 13 with 5196 viewsbishom

Bishom

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024