Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wallace Brothers Returning To Southampton 19:47 - Jan 2 with 737 viewsSaintNick

Whilst I appreciate Danny Wallace's career at Saints and do feel for him because of his MS, I cant help feeling a bit uneasy about this.

Their agent in the late 80's early 90's was Bob Higgins who we all know what happened with, he was instrumental in the younger wallaces refusing to sign new contracts and running them down meaning Rod went very cheaply to leeds

They have remained silent about their relationship with Higgins and never to my knowledge publicly condemned him

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/18130843.wallace-brothers-returning-southampto

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Wallace Brothers Returning To Southampton on 20:19 - Jan 2 with 673 viewsHappy_Jack

Agree Nick. The Higgins thing I find unsettling anyway. I still wonder who knew what and when etc. Maybe no-one did who knows.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Wallace Brothers Returning To Southampton on 20:33 - Jan 2 with 648 viewsSaintNick

Wallace Brothers Returning To Southampton on 20:19 - Jan 2 by Happy_Jack

Agree Nick. The Higgins thing I find unsettling anyway. I still wonder who knew what and when etc. Maybe no-one did who knows.

We did an interview with Alan Shearer in about 1990 and he brought along a mate of his from the youth team who told us all about Higgins back then so Shearer knew and so did the first team squad, yet Rodney & Raymond Wallace still retained him as their agent even after he had been sacked by the club

This is why Im a little uneasy as they would definately have known what was going on back then

Wallace Brothers Returning To Southampton on 21:03 - Jan 2 with 596 viewsOccasional_Showers

Wallace Brothers Returning To Southampton on 20:33 - Jan 2 by SaintNick

We did an interview with Alan Shearer in about 1990 and he brought along a mate of his from the youth team who told us all about Higgins back then so Shearer knew and so did the first team squad, yet Rodney & Raymond Wallace still retained him as their agent even after he had been sacked by the club

This is why Im a little uneasy as they would definately have known what was going on back then

Has anyone ever asked Laurie McMenemy what he knew. I know it’s all a long time ago but imo it must’ve been known about and covered up by people high up at the club.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Wallace Brothers Returning To Southampton on 21:44 - Jan 2 with 557 viewsSaintNick

Wallace Brothers Returning To Southampton on 21:03 - Jan 2 by Occasional_Showers

Has anyone ever asked Laurie McMenemy what he knew. I know it’s all a long time ago but imo it must’ve been known about and covered up by people high up at the club.

McMenemy left in 1985 before it started to come to light

Wallace Brothers Returning To Southampton on 21:47 - Jan 2 with 546 viewsOccasional_Showers

Wallace Brothers Returning To Southampton on 21:44 - Jan 2 by SaintNick

McMenemy left in 1985 before it started to come to light

What about Dave Merrington, has he said whether he knew about it or not?

Wallace Brothers Returning To Southampton on 21:48 - Jan 2 with 542 viewsSaintNick

Wallace Brothers Returning To Southampton on 21:47 - Jan 2 by Occasional_Showers

What about Dave Merrington, has he said whether he knew about it or not?

In the court case it was said that Dave Merrington was the one who reported it to the club after hearing talk in the youth team mini bus driving home from a game

Wallace Brothers Returning To Southampton on 22:16 - Jan 2 with 488 viewsOccasional_Showers

Wallace Brothers Returning To Southampton on 21:48 - Jan 2 by SaintNick

In the court case it was said that Dave Merrington was the one who reported it to the club after hearing talk in the youth team mini bus driving home from a game

Good for him. I've always liked DM.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024