Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did Charlie Austin Have A Point ! 09:20 - Feb 18 with 676 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52003/did-charlie-austin

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Did Charlie Austin Have A Point ! on 11:36 - Feb 18 with 597 viewsSonicBoom

Firstly I wasn't aware that his name was actually Charlie Austin.
I always thought his name was Charlie Austin Unused Sub.

Secondly his reaction was totally unprofessional. Sure he can feel aggrieved if he likes that's up to him but to react on social media with that attitude and language was pathetic.
I agree he scored some useful goals and he wasn't bought to show work rate, but that is a totally different matter than slagging off the fan base.

There is no getting away from the real issue here. Money. Fans no longer have much sympathy with ANY player that isn't seen to be earning his ridiculous salary. They earn more in a week than we do in a year and players like Austin often don't even play.
So is it a wonder that fans react so badly toward them. I'm not saying it's right, but I'd wager I'm right.
Austin was here for three and a half years. In that time he probably got what 50 grand a week plus bonus's so for his "efforts" he was paid around ten million pounds.
Let that sink in.

Personally he had to go and I'd be happy for a parting of the ways and no more said, but to see him reacting like this to fans after what he got from the club - well it's no wonder he gets so much stick. Just take your money, shut up , and p off.
As for the others it amazes me that they are so badly advised. Lallana was great for us but he was signing Liverpool shirts etc well before he moved. Fans care about that stuff.
It's not hard to move in the right way with respect on both sides, but if you choose to be a dick about it then don't be surprised if you get abuse.
Did Charlie Austin Have A Point ! on 16:12 - Feb 18 with 488 viewskingslandstand1

Did Charlie Austin Have A Point ! on 11:36 - Feb 18 by SonicBoom

Firstly I wasn't aware that his name was actually Charlie Austin.
I always thought his name was Charlie Austin Unused Sub.

Secondly his reaction was totally unprofessional. Sure he can feel aggrieved if he likes that's up to him but to react on social media with that attitude and language was pathetic.
I agree he scored some useful goals and he wasn't bought to show work rate, but that is a totally different matter than slagging off the fan base.

There is no getting away from the real issue here. Money. Fans no longer have much sympathy with ANY player that isn't seen to be earning his ridiculous salary. They earn more in a week than we do in a year and players like Austin often don't even play.
So is it a wonder that fans react so badly toward them. I'm not saying it's right, but I'd wager I'm right.
Austin was here for three and a half years. In that time he probably got what 50 grand a week plus bonus's so for his "efforts" he was paid around ten million pounds.
Let that sink in.

Personally he had to go and I'd be happy for a parting of the ways and no more said, but to see him reacting like this to fans after what he got from the club - well it's no wonder he gets so much stick. Just take your money, shut up , and p off.
As for the others it amazes me that they are so badly advised. Lallana was great for us but he was signing Liverpool shirts etc well before he moved. Fans care about that stuff.
It's not hard to move in the right way with respect on both sides, but if you choose to be a dick about it then don't be surprised if you get abuse.

Will be interesting to see if/when West Brom come up whether he will get in the Premiership WBA team
Would be an interesting reception down here if he was ……………
I also agree with you Sonic re what he did - absolutely pathetic and unprofessional
Did Charlie Austin Have A Point ! on 16:41 - Feb 18 with 466 viewsKennington

Doesn’t matter if he has a point. He’s clearly forgotten that football is part of the entertainment industry and the fans he’s moaning about were contributing to his pay. The problem with Twitter is it gives these paid entertainers, whether football or acting an unnecessary way to voice their views in public. I have no interest in Austin’s opinions as to put it mildly his job is to kick a football around.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 16:42]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024